5Ws & 1H about Packages From Gynaes

bigrice

Dear MTBs

Does anyone of you have any idea whether it is compulsory or more advisable to get the packages offered by gynae?

I am offered a package by my gynae. It is $800 (excludes GST) just for booking fee. This includes 10 scheduled visit, urine dipsticks, BP, weight measurement and bedside 2D US scans.

1) What is the booking fee for? Does it mean you booked this gynae to look after you till you deliver?

2) I have read in previous threads that there are gynaes who offer unlimited visits once MTB sign up for package. Anyone know whether still got such gynae offering such packages? And of course the gynae must also be good and reputable.

3) How worth it is signing up for a package?

Thanks for sharing as I am contemplating whether it is necessary to sign up for a package or not?

Hi, that means if ur gynae deliver for you, you wun be charged like "walk in customer" price.

there are gynaes after paying the package, have unlimited visits prior to delivery. some gynae's package are onli scheduled appointments (i.e. gynae say come back 2 / 3 weeks later.. then it's within the package). if you go due to emergency, will be charged separately. usually 1st and 2nd trimester visits are 3 4weeks interval. den after 30weeks 2 weeks interval visit and 36weeks after is 1week interval.

for sure signing up package (when u decided to stick to this gynae) is more worth it. if for my case, my gynae charge estimate $120/ visit, i will need to pay alot by the time i deliver.

Back