2nd child (2013) mummies

cherrry

hi, i would like to gather mummies with 2nd child born 2013 to get together to share and chat with mothers of 2 (or more) children :)

Hi all!! Shall we intro? :)
My #1 born 2010. #2 in June 2013. Nice to see and have more mummies here!

I stopped work after delivery of my #2 - on no-pay leave to take care of my bb myself. Returning to work in 2014.
Hope u are enjoying sham days so far. :)

Haha ic! I'm a sahm since my #1. Didn't bear to leave my babies in infantcare or childcare, so just takecare on my own. Yup! Enjoying it ;)

Hi,
I am a SAHM since 2013. My #1 girl in 2010, #2 girl last mth. Doing my confinement. #1 go to day nanny since 4mths old (i can with hubby go out). I try to look after #2 this time but worry how long I can pump, continue tingkat lunch (bored) n no personal rest n time.

#1 2011
#2 2013
#1 go to childcare n I'm still on maternity leave so looking after #2 myself. When I return to work in jan2014, #2 will go to infant care.
I have tingkat cos no time to cook and troublesome to go out dabao while carrying an infant.

Hey mommies! Why not we create a whatsapp chat group? Isn't is more convenience and easy for chitchats and plan for meet ups? :)

#1 Nov 2011 Girl
#2 May 2013 Boy

Working, no maid, kids are looked after by parents, rush home to do chores everyday after work before dinner at parents' place. Am physically exhausted with less than 6 hour sleep a day but enjoying every single minute of the rush everyday :). I wouldn't do it any different.

#1 going to playgroup this Dec and hopefully she will be able to adapt fast and stay there until about 5pm so my parents will only need to look after my son during the day when I'm at work.

#1 Jan 2009 Girl
#2 Aug 2013 Boy

I am staying at serangoon north. Now ML, going back to work soon. #1 at childcare, #2 going to infant care when go back to work.

Little no. Of mommies notice n join this thread.
I am quite in dilemma on to join workforce (has income n free from 24/7 look after bb) or be a SAHM (watch the milestone of the child n educate her).
CL leaving soon, mixed feeling. Not keen to get a maid but only my mum come by occasionally n cook.

Little no. Of mommies notice n join this thread.
I am quite in dilemma on to join workforce (has income n free from 24/7 look after bb) or be a SAHM (watch the milestone of the child n educate her).
CL leaving soon, mixed feeling. Not keen to get a maid but only my mum come by occasionally n cook.
Jia You! I have been through the years all by my husband n myself... dont have any family support or nanny. You can do it sister!

Mother of 2s.. how do you cope/feel with a newborn and a 3 yo? How u overcome the guilt? What will it be like in 3 mths' time? I have no helpers except hub and myself..

So cool! I'm also with a 3yo and the baby. Probably I should do a fb group for us and we can chat better from there. Shall pm you mummies :)

#1 2011
#2 2013
#1 go to childcare n I'm still on maternity leave so looking after #2 myself. When I return to work in jan2014, #2 will go to infant care.
I have tingkat cos no time to cook and troublesome to go out dabao while carrying an infant.
exactly same!

Hi mummies,,

#1 Gal 2009 n #2 boy May 2013. Anyone care to share when u all started to feed porriage with 1 veg to bb? And when is the right time to feed brown rice cereal? Currently I just feed rice cereal with 1 type of fruit. Loss touch fot quite sometime ;-)

Hallo all mummies,

I have a coming 3 years old gal and 3 months old baby boy.
Nice to meet all of you.

Just ended my maternity leave and today is my first day back to work.. starts to miss my babies le.. sob sob... wish I could be SAHM

Wendy

Wendy..
I understand hw u feel cos I also felt e same for my first 3 chn tat time..I guess I will still feel e same when I go bkaft my maternity leave ends too. There were many times I wish tat I can b a sahm too..but singapore expenses r so high..hw to survive with oni 1 income in e household rite? Sigh..

Piglet85,

Yeah man, I cant afford to be sahm coz we have the housing loan to repay and all the living expenses are getting higher by the days. Both me and my hubby have to work to meet our needs.
Haiz. Maybe should migrate to somewhere hahaha..

Wendy

Mumztan, I had a hard time initially with my 20mth tot & newborn. There was the jealousy issue, both needing attention at same time, the crying orchestras, the unintentional bullying by #1. And I'm usually alone with them for few hours a day when #1 home from cc n hb not home yet. It's been 4mths n the elder one is coping better with the baby now. I feel guilty sometimes that I've to let her wait, cry or play alone while I attend to baby. Likewise I feel guilty to let baby cry n cry while I attend to #1. But what to do? I can't clone myself. So I try to make it up to them by spending more quality time together with either of them when one's asleep or hubby takes care of one kid.

Same.. jus last night, #1 decided to wake up n stay awake in the middle of the night when #2 cry for milk.. i was so tired n sleepy that i scolded #1 for staying awake n push her to slp by herself.. i felt so bad... so i decided to fetch her early frm sch n brought her out with #1 even thou im serving my confinement now..

Recently my #1 started to wake up for milk soon after I'm done with baby's 3-hourly night feeds. Dun give her milk fast enough she cries n screams n wakes the baby up again. Driving me crazy! I scold her almost daily coz she's always throwing tantrums over the slightest matter. After that I feel bad n try to be nice to her, then she go bully baby n I start scolding again. Haiz...

Mumztan, was your #1 awaken by baby's cries? I place them in different room n close doors of both rooms to block out the cries. I sleep with baby so that I can attend to baby the moment he stirs. But sometimes still disturbs #1 sleep..

Another mum told me her 4 or 5yr old son will wake up in middle of night when she pumps milk n refuse to zzz till she's done. So she had to drop the night pump so that son won't wake up n wait for her.

I drop night pumps cause im too exhausted after putting both to bed. Basically i have to have a latch with #2 at 8pm so tat #1 can slp properly at 9pm..

#1 wants to slp wif me... :(

jus few nights ago, i fell asleep while latching #2.. my hub woke up to see #1 sitting there waiting for me.. one part of me is heart broken, but the tired part of me got me fuming..

Sometimes i jus sit there n hope #2 grow up soon so that both can have the same lifestyle n i can manage better..

Our routine similar. I latch #2 to zz at 8+, after that I lie down with #1 till she zz at 9+ then I go watch tv, relax or sleep. If hubby is home, he will settle #1.
She's daddy's girl so she won't find me if he's around, except during milk time she only wants me to make milk. In middle of night she will wake me up to make milk, finish then go find papa to zz with him.
I wish #1 grow up soon then we can communicate better. Now it's driving me crazy to have 2 at home who can't talk. One cries one whines!

#1 loves to play with her dad.. but milk and slp = mommy.. lol
I understand how u feel man.. even #1 know how to talk, i have to nag a few times at her to drink water or to get ready for bed... lol
Im also training #2 to be more independent and hope she slp by herself and be more patient.. #1 is too dependent on me cause i used to have all the time for her.. so i hope to turn things arnd this time..
I hope i can succeed.. but all kids are diff..

HiHi,

All the mentioned issues sound familiar :)
Will love to hear how you mummies cope with 2 kids...

Tdy we went to river safari with 2 kids 2 strollers n 1 big diaper bag. Each time go out a lot of logistics! When 1 of us had to wait in child swap area for boat ride, it was nightmare for my hb to handle a cranky toddler n clingy baby but he survived that 1 hour.

When both finally doze off in car, we went to a drive thru KFC n park nearby. Took turns to eat while the kids sleep. I gobbled down my 2 pc meal in 15min. Really FAST food! But shiok lah, can eat KFC "hands free" :)

Wow.. tat sounds like a big project
Im still trying to be a superwoman

Bb has a wake up time between 6-9pm.. n my #1 finish sch at 7pm n slp at 9pm.. so im like an octopus. Lol

So far. Brought bb out a few times with stroller.. still ok..

Last week went tampines mall with both.. er... still ok. Lol.. but i wanna try one mommy 2 kids.. dunno can or not.. lol

Your evenings sound v bz with the 2! Then dinner how?

I tried 1 mummy 2 kids before. Short 10min walk to Ntuc buy groceries. Stressful coz duno when who will be cranky or both! I will carry the cranky one in carrier, the other sit stroller. But if both chu pattern I'll let the baby cry it out in stroller coz the toddler might struggle out of stroller.

SUPER QUICK DINNER... haha.. no la, jus eat normally n let bb cry if she goes all cranky
Jie jie is ok, she understands so she will help me lookout for meimei

i do get stress but no choice... haha.. got no helpers ma...

Back