2016/11 (Nov) babies

Saw today, see nothing, just sac and yolk. Doc says come back on 30th. Scan shows it implanted on one side not at center. Wonder if that's any issue?
Try not to think so much. If there's any issue, I'm sure the dr would have highlighted to you right away. Praying the lil bean is growing well in you!

Hi all! First pregnancy here. Tested positive 2 weeks ago :) first scan last week can't see anything at all. Scanning again this Friday. Still thinking if I should call to push my appt back 1 or 2 weeks just in case I can't see anything so I won't worry unnecessarily. But also v curious and scared I'll miss out on vitamins that the doc will prescribe for 1st trimester. How's your pregnancy so far? Any symptoms?

Hi all! First pregnancy here. Tested positive 2 weeks ago :) first scan last week can't see anything at all. Scanning again this Friday. Still thinking if I should call to push my appt back 1 or 2 weeks just in case I can't see anything so I won't worry unnecessarily. But also v curious and scared I'll miss out on vitamins that the doc will prescribe for 1st trimester. How's your pregnancy so far? Any symptoms?
Same here! Scan and can't see anything. Feeling worried and my friends told me to go back two weeks later. But the feeling of uneasy and not sure if lil one is growing in me makes me so wanna go scan next week. I'm having sore breast, lose of appetite. Doc has prescribed duphaston. And I got myself folic acid from watsons.

I totally understand your excitement! I can't wait for my first scan too! I'll be seeing Dr. Chong at Gleneagles but will be delivering either at Mount Elizabeth Orchard or at Mount Elizabeth Novena :)

Hospital bills can vary a lot! It really depends on what type of room you take (single bedder, double bedder etc.), choice of pain relief (if any), how the delivery progresses on that day itself etc.

You can get estimates from the hospitals (online or during maternity tours) and that will give you an idea of what their standard packages cost if everything goes smoothly :)
Hehe. Truly excited ! I'm already looking at baby items! Lol! reading up on hospital cost and so and so. Kaisu much.

Hi and congrats! :) First time here too. Wah so many have gone for a scan already? I scheduled my first appt at about 6 weeks+, can't wait to see the gynae next week cos I'm anxious to know what's going on inside the body :S :S

So far I'm having sore boobs, feeling warmer than usual (esp at night), extremely bloated and occasional nausea. But I noticed that some days I feel terrible and other days I feel almost normal. Anyone experiencing that too?

@Stephenie.tan88 I guess from your user name that you're born in 88? If so, me too! hi 5 haha =D

Hi and congrats! :) First time here too. Wah so many have gone for a scan already? I scheduled my first appt at about 6 weeks+, can't wait to see the gynae next week cos I'm anxious to know what's going on inside the body :S :S

So far I'm having sore boobs, feeling warmer than usual (esp at night), extremely bloated and occasional nausea. But I noticed that some days I feel terrible and other days I feel almost normal. Anyone experiencing that too?

@Stephenie.tan88 I guess from your user name that you're born in 88? If so, me too! hi 5 haha =D
Hi khee!! Next week I'm also at my week 6+ if I'm not wrong baby is conceived on Valentine's Day. Hehe. I'm very anxious to see too. Don't know what's going on with my body. Three days before I do not have much appetite but this morning I'm quite ok. And now that I feel quite ok. It makes me worry. lol

Yeah yeah. Sore breast was what prompted me to get it tested. Bloated too.

Yeah. I'm 1988! Hi 5^^ are u working? Can cope at work? I'm in sales and I feel so so letargic.

@Stephenie.tan88 Nice!! I think mine should be conceived a few days after yours haha xD Yeah I also suddenly felt ok this week after feeling so tired and sick last week. I hope for both of us it should be our body getting used to the hormones ba...

Yup I'm working. On days that I'm very tired it's very 辛苦 cos I've given up on caffeine. But I guess it's good to work, distracts us from worrying about this and that hahaha =p

Hi cressy
When's your lmp? My booking with dr Ben in April. Like so Long to wait. And I'm not sure if he delivers at mount e Novena. Asked the nurse earlier date, they said full and they not sure if dr Ben delivers there

Lmp on 8feb.. so in my 4th wk this week. My appt with him is 2wks later on 23rd. first appointment always don't expect to get good timing and good days or according to ur schedule when meeting him.. he's always super super packed! And I don't think he delivers at mt e.

@Stephenie.tan88 Nice!! I think mine should be conceived a few days after yours haha xD Yeah I also suddenly felt ok this week after feeling so tired and sick last week. I hope for both of us it should be our body getting used to the hormones ba...

Yup I'm working. On days that I'm very tired it's very 辛苦 cos I've given up on caffeine. But I guess it's good to work, distracts us from worrying about this and that hahaha =p

Hi @KHee and @Stephenie.tan88 I think we conceived ard the same time! Based on my LMP which is 30 Jan 2016, I'm approx 5W5D now. I fell sick with a fever last week though and its really quite 辛苦 cos I'm scared to take any medications but at the same time I'm coughing so violently that I'm scared will affect the BB. Also gave up on caffeine but this week suddenly my pregnancy symptoms disappear. I used to feel v warm at night and wake up many times but this week I can sleep through the night. Boobs not v sore. Only bloated. Quite worried when there's no symptoms also. But agreed work helps take my mind off worrying and googling things online. My doc told me not to google but I have been reading up alot and scaring myself :(

Hi all, I have test positive today, EDD ard mid nov. Congrats to all :)

As usual, I guess each month should create a secret fb group. So I have created. If you want to be added, do PM me here.

Last edited:
Congrats Siling!! And thanks for creating the group haha.

I've sent you a friend request, can add me? Thanks :)

Last edited:
Lmp on 8feb.. so in my 4th wk this week. My appt with him is 2wks later on 23rd. first appointment always don't expect to get good timing and good days or according to ur schedule when meeting him.. he's always super super packed! And I don't think he delivers at mt e.

Not too sure if I should wait for April. Maybe I call again and see when he's available. I'm 6weeks+ now and haven't go for any scan. Quite worrying if wait till april

As usual, I guess each month should create a secret fb group. So I have created. If you want to be added, do PM me here.
Hi pls add me to the fb group too!

Same! I've given up coffee too. Tea also cannot drink:(
Which gynae are you seeing?

Not too sure if I should wait for April. Maybe I call again and see when he's available. I'm 6weeks+ now and haven't go for any scan. Quite worrying if wait till april
Did you tell them ur lmp date? Usually shld be able to get in an earlier slot! Now 6w+ by the time Apr already 10wks leh.. isn't it too late already? But one thing about Ben is that if you've seen another gynae then he won't see you already. I had to beg him to see me the previous rd just to see me cos of my miscarriage as he's the 3rd opinion.

Did you tell them ur lmp date? Usually shld be able to get in an earlier slot! Now 6w+ by the time Apr already 10wks leh.. isn't it too late already? But one thing about Ben is that if you've seen another gynae then he won't see you already. I had to beg him to see me the previous rd just to see me cos of my miscarriage as he's the 3rd opinion.

How will he know I see other Gynae? Later I will call and see any earlier slots. Tot want to try mount Elizabeth Novena coz previously had not so good experience with TMC

I go back to my first child gynae, Dr woo bit hwa. I find him OK and it's near my hse, so check up more convenient, u shd consider doc nearby, imagine 7-8 mths down the road, you won't want travel too far to see gynae.
You are seeing Dr Woo Bit Hwa also? Me too! I'm in the same situation as u, first child gynae and convenient location. High 5!!

You are seeing Dr Woo Bit Hwa also? Me too! I'm in the same situation as u, first child gynae and convenient location. High 5!!
Congrats! So we going deliver abt same time. U saw him already? He asked me go back on 30th. Saw him this wed.

Hello, i cannot understand why there is any doctor who will reject patient simply because the patient decide to get a 2nd opinion. This might be a personal fetish of his therefore anyone who want to use his service will need to accept, however this cannot be taken as a norm or acceptable behavior, to most experience doctor, patient seeking 2-3 or even 4 opinion are no big deal if they are truly confident of their skill, assessment and knowledge and are prepare to answer questions or be ready to defend their diagnostic if there are other doctor who have differing view.

Thank God we have plenty of good doctor in Singapore.

I go back to my first child gynae, Dr woo bit hwa. I find him OK and it's near my hse, so check up more convenient, u shd consider doc nearby, imagine 7-8 mths down the road, you won't want travel too far to see gynae.

Hello, i am happy that you have good experience with this Dr Woo, my personal experience with him is appalling (delievery + post delievery only). I choose him because of distance as well as price. These 2 factor are important, however after my near-death episode, i learnt these 2 pointer are actually not the most important afterall, what maybe even more important is a very skillful and detail gynac plus a hospital that is more capability plus resources to difficult situation.

Hi, do add me on Fb page too... Star Jin

Hi @KHee and @Stephenie.tan88 I think we conceived ard the same time! Based on my LMP which is 30 Jan 2016, I'm approx 5W5D now. I fell sick with a fever last week though and its really quite 辛苦 cos I'm scared to take any medications but at the same time I'm coughing so violently that I'm scared will affect the BB. Also gave up on caffeine but this week suddenly my pregnancy symptoms disappear. I used to feel v warm at night and wake up many times but this week I can sleep through the night. Boobs not v sore. Only bloated. Quite worried when there's no symptoms also. But agreed work helps take my mind off worrying and googling things online. My doc told me not to google but I have been reading up alot and scaring myself :(

Hi @missmagony ! LOL my LMP is 30 Jan too!! I think I need to stop googling so much as well. I also keep scaring myself with all the horrifying possibilities >.< Anyway, I read online that some other people also experienced pregnancy symptoms that come and go, so I suppose it's normal.

These days I try to just chill and watch TV/read/play games when I'm free haha. I guess it's not within our control anyway, so don't worry too much ya? Jiayou babe!!!

How will he know I see other Gynae? Later I will call and see any earlier slots. Tot want to try mount Elizabeth Novena coz previously had not so good experience with TMC

His nurse will ask over phone.. ESP when u alr past the 7th or 8th week. So if u decide to go to another gynae to do ur tests first cost no slots for ben, when nurse ask just say 1st preg didn't know need to so fast see doc. Haha.

Hello, my first post here. =)
Tested positive last week and still trying to figure out what is my next step. Please add me to the fb group please!

Hi everyone and Congratulations! :)

I just tested positive today, EDD is mid Nov.

This will be my 2nd baby. Can someone please add me to the Facebook page? Gwyn Valentine

Thank you!

Hi everyone, This is my 3rd pregnancy. LMP on 4 feb. tested weak positive last sunday and this wednesday. haven tested again as i run out of pregnancy test kits.
Planning to go for first appointment on 28 march.

His nurse will ask over phone.. ESP when u alr past the 7th or 8th week. So if u decide to go to another gynae to do ur tests first cost no slots for ben, when nurse ask just say 1st preg didn't know need to so fast see doc. Haha.

Can u help me ask dr Ben if he delivers at mount Elizabeth Novena?

As usual, I guess each month should create a secret fb group. So I have created. If you want to be added, do PM me here.[/

hi, have pm u to be added in

Hi everyone, This is my 3rd pregnancy. LMP on 4 feb. tested weak positive last sunday and this wednesday. haven tested again as i run out of pregnancy test kits.
Planning to go for first appointment on 28 march.
Congrats :) I have taken 5 pregnancy tests! First 2 were negatives. Those were taken 2 days before missed . Then the next three are very weak positive, taken on day of missed period and day after.

Last edited:
In my 4w2d today, feeling happy yet worried at the same time. Had a miscarriage 4 mths ago at 7wks, now very paranoid about this baby... Seeing Dr Ben Tham only 2 weeks later even though I mentioned about my previous miscarriage and wanting to see him earlier but his nurse said go so early also cannot do anything :\ Anybody in the same shoes as me? what do you do to make sure baby is still sticking? I'm so scared!

Hihi! I am from Sept 2016 thread, but happened to see your comment. I am also seeing Dr Tham, and due to my previous miscarriage, they also scheduled me to see him at 6 weeks. Are you his existing patient? I think anything earlier than 6 wks, they cannot really see anything. So 6 wks would be fine! He's probably gg to put you on Duphaston and order a jab for you. He's very assuring for my current pregnancy, so don't worry too much :)

I've just made my first gynae appt on 29 March. Though this is my 2nd pregnancy, still very excited and nervous about it :)

For those whom I missed out, please PM me your FB email address to be added.

Hihi! I am from Sept 2016 thread, but happened to see your comment. I am also seeing Dr Tham, and due to my previous miscarriage, they also scheduled me to see him at 6 weeks. Are you his existing patient? I think anything earlier than 6 wks, they cannot really see anything. So 6 wks would be fine! He's probably gg to put you on Duphaston and order a jab for you. He's very assuring for my current pregnancy, so don't worry too much :)

Hi Cherrycheries,

Yes, he did my D&C for me previously so am his existing patient. Oh man... i really hate the jab... so painful and giddy after that! I took one jab when diagnosed with the miscarriage previously as Dr Ben told me to give it one last try. Totally changing my diet and just making very sure that I stay as healthy as possible to keep my baby sticky with me!

I saw this too and I called the number and it's actually the hotline and they are not sure if dr Ben delivers there. Asked me to call his clinic. Asked twice but the recep said not sure. Must ask dr Ben himself. Can you help me check with him?

Ok, but my appointment is only on the 23rd... I'll help you ask him when I see him then!

Hello mummies! I have an scheduled appt this after. If I'm not wrong I should be at week 6. Should I postpone my appt or stick with it. I went to see dr Jen last Monday and only saw a sac without Yolk. Not sure if by going today makes any difference?

Back