2016/08 August babies

@Karen_23 hugs to u too...

i'm already starting to feel the "cramps" yet no spotting yet.
i'm not sure if i wanna go seek 2nd opinion cos i'm afraid to get disappointed again.
i'm now 9w + 2d
I think seek for 2nd opinion better but be mental prepared... I went for 2nd opinion and c my tcm mostly say my/c due to blood flow not enough or embryo quality.. I also have cramp today n saw a some beeding.. did u do ivf also?

@Karen_23 hugs to u too...

i'm already starting to feel the "cramps" yet no spotting yet.
i'm not sure if i wanna go seek 2nd opinion cos i'm afraid to get disappointed again.
i'm now 9w + 2d

I agree with karen_23, seek 2nd opinion but dont b mentally prepared. It must be a really hard time for u now. *hugs*

Different gender... Luckily I still can take my chilli if not I think I will feel worst. Duno what to eat..

Macs now have curly fries! So tempting!

Hahaha have you tried? Can eat that curly fries? I feel so helpless everyday don't know what to eat. Cannot be everyday eat McDonald's right. Sometimes I cook some mac and cheese to eat.. Cheddar cheese works for me too.

Keen to know my baby's gender so I can do some shopping lol! By when we will know baby's gender?

I had
im 7 weeks now and abt 2 days ago i experienced little dark brown spotting with a really small clot, then i monitor and it was cleared thereafter. today i thought since cleared so i skip pantyliner and just now i noticed there were like 2-3 drops of really light brown spotting, this time no clot. i had a d&c done 7 months back so am really paranoid. my last scan was on 31 dec where we saw flickering hb accordingly to doc but cant hear anything yet.

not sure with this i should quickly get gynae to scan me again or prescribe me hormone pills or continue monitoring
A small datk brown spot once but I took it as residual blood from my last period. Since it didn't happened again and my next appointment was not that far away, I didn't see the gynae.
But if you are worried, I think u should call the clinic to ask them . It's better to check up so that u don't keep scaring yourself

Hahaha have you tried? Can eat that curly fries? I feel so helpless everyday don't know what to eat. Cannot be everyday eat McDonald's right. Sometimes I cook some mac and cheese to eat.. Cheddar cheese works for me too.

Keen to know my baby's gender so I can do some shopping lol! By when we will know baby's gender?

Wow. U seem to like cheese stuff. Keke... I ate a bit cos the rest was eaten by my kids! Me this time round can't seem to take too much cheesey and milky stuff. Even drinking fresh milk, after that I feel like puking.

Normally during detailed scan will be able to confirm gender. That will be around 4-5 mths, depending on when your gynea ask u to do the scan. But sometimes might be able to see earlier.

Wow. U seem to like cheese stuff. Keke... I ate a bit cos the rest was eaten by my kids! Me this time round can't seem to take too much cheesey and milky stuff. Even drinking fresh milk, after that I feel like puking.

Normally during detailed scan will be able to confirm gender. That will be around 4-5 mths, depending on when your gynea ask u to do the scan. But sometimes might be able to see earlier.

Ya I feel my baby likes cheddar cheese so I bought some sandwich slice too. I totally stop milk intake cause cannot accept now. I'll try again in 2nd trimester. Oh must wait till so long then can see, can't wait to buy some cute stuff already lol.

You know, diaper bag and carrier all these nonsense. Too early I know but at home nothing to do so do too much of e-shopping and now tempted to get..

Ya I feel my baby likes cheddar cheese so I bought some sandwich slice too. I totally stop milk intake cause cannot accept now. I'll try again in 2nd trimester. Oh must wait till so long then can see, can't wait to buy some cute stuff already lol.

You know, diaper bag and carrier all these nonsense. Too early I know but at home nothing to do so do too much of e-shopping and now tempted to get..

Keke. Can look around but then don't buy first. Cos I'm sure later on sure will have sale. Like GSS.. And there will be more baby fairs...

One that that u need to look around for and survey and read more about is breastpump.. :) cos now so many brands around.. And the difference between the pumps...

Keke. Can look around but then don't buy first. Cos I'm sure later on sure will have sale. Like GSS.. And there will be more baby fairs...

I'm not very keen on those breast pump al that practical stuff for now cause I couldn't leave house now. So I saw those small little things like so not important ones and got really excited to buy.

Pregnant hormones will make one excited to shop anot lol..

I agree with karen_23, seek 2nd opinion but dont b mentally prepared. It must be a really hard time for u now. *hugs*

I think seek for 2nd opinion better but be mental prepared... I went for 2nd opinion and c my tcm mostly say my/c due to blood flow not enough or embryo quality.. I also have cramp today n saw a some beeding.. did u do ivf also?

@caldaf
thanks for the hugs. *hugs back*
maybe i will try looking for another gynae next week.
the mild cramps keep coming on and off.
my heart was so worrying that it may happen anytime.

@Karen_23
mine was naturally conceived "accidentally"
that was why I caught a surprise when gynae told me I had 2 sacs.
Me still no bleeding though having cramps.
I'm joining the other mc thread already.
U may wanna get support there too.

@winleobee @adeqi
thanks for the prayers.
Gynae confirmed the twins didn't develope well.
found a fetal pole in the smaller sac but measuring 5w 4d only
the other measuring 8w correctly during the transvirginal scan but is diagnose as blighted ovum.
there's still no heart beat for both so ya...
already MC-ed..

I wish & hope you all mummies-to-be a healthy and smooth pregnancy.

take care.. hugs

what do u mean by blood flow not enough? may i ask do u have anemia? if so, according to your tcm, what can be done to 'protect' the pregnancy if blood flow not enough?

sorry i probed because i have thalassemia beta, i am thinking if i should start taking iron tablets seriously.

9 days ago, my sac measured 5mm which it's about 5weeks 2days.
Today by date I am suppose to be 7weeks 1day. However, after the US scan today, it shown 5weeks 5 days. I'm worried. Has anyone experienced this before and still give birth to healthy bb?

what do u mean by blood flow not enough? may i ask do u have anemia? if so, according to your tcm, what can be done to 'protect' the pregnancy if blood flow not enough?

sorry i probed because i have thalassemia beta, i am thinking if i should start taking iron tablets seriously.
Is the gynea say maybe is blood flow not enough.. as I having identical twin..tcm all the while say I not enough qi n blood..I nv take iron tablets from kkh

Is the gynea say maybe is blood flow not enough.. as I having identical twin..tcm all the while say I not enough qi n blood..I nv take iron tablets from kkh

Hi @Karen_23

My mum always says my body is too weak and "cold" that causing not enough blood flow and right now advise me not to take any tcm until it is in stabilised condition.

She suggests me to avoid all "cold" stuffs eg. Always take warm water, no cold food, no vegetable or fruits that is causing "cold" to the body and i wear socks all the time to keep body warm..

Not sure how true it is at least try my best to keep body warm...

im 7 weeks now and abt 2 days ago i experienced little dark brown spotting with a really small clot, then i monitor and it was cleared thereafter. today i thought since cleared so i skip pantyliner and just now i noticed there were like 2-3 drops of really light brown spotting, this time no clot. i had a d&c done 7 months back so am really paranoid. my last scan was on 31 dec where we saw flickering hb accordingly to doc but cant hear anything yet.

not sure with this i should quickly get gynae to scan me again or prescribe me hormone pills or continue monitoring

thanks caldaf n blackcanary, heeded advice here and walked in to my gynae yesterday to get checked, doc said could be either old blood or infection so he have to take sample to test. ran a scan and bb hb at 160 he said its good for now. thank god i went straight ytd morning and saved myself all the wild thoughts and panicky nerves. now on duphaston 2x daily, hope it stabilizes :)

btw, may i ask if those basic folic acid we need to take thoughout the entire pregnancy or halfway there will be chanegs to the supplement we take?

Hi neptuneunice, glad to know that bb is doing fine! Good to see gynae early to save e worries n start on the duphaston.

thanks caldaf n blackcanary, heeded advice here and walked in to my gynae yesterday to get checked, doc said could be either old blood or infection so he have to take sample to test. ran a scan and bb hb at 160 he said its good for now. thank god i went straight ytd morning and saved myself all the wild thoughts and panicky nerves. now on duphaston 2x daily, hope it stabilizes :)

btw, may i ask if those basic folic acid we need to take thoughout the entire pregnancy or halfway there will be chanegs to the supplement we take?
Glad that baby is alright. Folic acid has to be taken throughout pregnancy but some multivit already has folic acid so no need to take the 4mg/tab one.
My gynae gave me calcium pills, multivit and fish oil. To be taken once I hit 12 weeks. She said if I drink milk everyday then no need to take the calcium pills

Hi

Iam a new member in here. Got a pantang qs to ask. Can we use sewing machine in the house or can the maid use sewing machine if we were out of the house lets say?

Hi

Iam a new member in here. Got a pantang qs to ask. Can we use sewing machine in the house or can the maid use sewing machine if we were out of the house lets say?

Hello! Mm I never hear before cannot use. I only heard of cannot sew on our bed or sofa, the places where you will sleep or sit.

Hi mummies read all the posts and comments.. For me is if u r spotting light or brown or red discharge... Don't think... Call ur gynae or go have a check immediately..... I got experience horrible case for my boy before so this is my advice... Don't think tt Gynea tell u ur spotting is normal or fine... Next spotting u just close 1 eyes... Is a NO... Have a check...

Any ladies experience migraine? How to overcome it.. It's the worse that can happen to me.. :mad:

Blocked nose been bothering in the middle of the night for the past few days and yesterday came my migraine, thought is over when I woke up today but evening time it appear again!!

Any ladies experience migraine? How to overcome it.. It's the worse that can happen to me.. :mad:

Blocked nose been bothering in the middle of the night for the past few days and yesterday came my migraine, thought is over when I woke up today but evening time it appear again!!

I'm having headache today. Sucks when cannot take any medicine right now..

Hi all. I'm still puking daily. Just wondering... If I puke 20 min after I take folic acid. Should I take again?

Hi... I feel u. My vomitting has increased ever since I have been taking folic acid and multivit as prescribed by the doctor. Hence, instead of consuming them in the morning, I consumed them at night before I go to sleep.
I dun know if this is the correct method but I certainly do not wish to continue vomitting all the 'good' stuff out. At least when I sleep, I do not bother to wake up and vomit. Hopefully, the folic acid and multivit has reached my foetus. Haha...

I have severe headache and blocked/ runny nose everyday! Plus vomitting everyday. Really terrible. My hb ask me to take pregnancy safe painkiller.. I shall see how. If really pain till cannot take it, then eat..

By CNY I should be close to 11 weeks and if friends and relatives all start asking if I am pg (my lower abdomen should be quite obvious by then) should I say yes even if it's before 3 mths? There are many mummies around with expert eyes to detect and it's not 'right' if I lie and deny l suppose?

By CNY I should be close to 11 weeks and if friends and relatives all start asking if I am pg (my lower abdomen should be quite obvious by then) should I say yes even if it's before 3 mths? There are many mummies around with expert eyes to detect and it's not 'right' if I lie and deny l suppose?

Hi :) For my case, I already have people suspecting n asking me now and I haven't reach 2nd trimester. What i did was, I just tell them that "sorry, I can only answer your question after the 1st of February" hahaha this way you don't have to lie but it's obvious enough for them to smile back and not probe further. Hths ;)

Reactions: FFT
Anyone knows if can attend wedding, baby's full month party and housewarming?

yup, can attend. If u scared the other party pantang, u can always ask them. nowadays people not pantang anymore. but i think cannot carry their baby if u attend baby shower... unless the other party don't mind.

Hi :) For my case, I already have people suspecting n asking me now and I haven't reach 2nd trimester. What i did was, I just tell them that "sorry, I can only answer your question after the 1st of February" hahaha this way you don't have to lie but it's obvious enough for them to smile back and not probe further. Hths ;)

What a good indirect answer! Ya even last week met my mummy gfs for dinner and suddenly all crowd around me ask me show them front show them back touch my belly etc keep saying I cfm preg made me super stressed. My sis in law also as when saw me if I put on abit of weight will come after asking me if I preg. Lesson learnt for me because when I mc half year ago, the whole world knows when I was like barely 5 weeks and it was really stressful when mom or MIL call me almost everyday whenever they thought of anything patang tt I must avoid, my life was in constant jittery. And friends and relatives all asked me why when I don't have a reason to tell them why that last pg was not successful. I thought I was in a state of depression that time~~~

What a good indirect answer! Ya even last week met my mummy gfs for dinner and suddenly all crowd around me ask me show them front show them back touch my belly etc keep saying I cfm preg made me super stressed. My sis in law also as when saw me if I put on abit of weight will come after asking me if I preg. Lesson learnt for me because when I mc half year ago, the whole world knows when I was like barely 5 weeks and it was really stressful when mom or MIL call me almost everyday whenever they thought of anything patang tt I must avoid, my life was in constant jittery. And friends and relatives all asked me why when I don't have a reason to tell them why that last pg was not successful. I thought I was in a state of depression that time~~~

Oh my... I can imagine how stressful that must had been for u. To cope with your own sadness n disappointment and in addition the multiple questioning from people around you. Well that's history for now ;) let's look forward to all our new arrival this coming august :) :) :)

I very pandang de.. Cause i lost my #1.. Wedding or Baby shower i never go de.. Our baby will pandang.. So this #2 i take very good care... My #1 I everyday headache but gynea never give me pain killer... All i do is put warm towel on forehead and rest.... Hope it helps... :)

Oh my... I can imagine how stressful that must had been for u. To cope with your own sadness n disappointment and in addition the multiple questioning from people around you. Well that's history for now ;) let's look forward to all our new arrival this coming august :) :) :)

for me currently I think is around 7wks+ , I do not have any morning sickness or nausea, but only sometimes no appetite and frequent toilet parade especially during middle of the night.
and so far i only puke once like 6times a day which i thought i had food poisoning.

invited please check email

Hi Arissa, thanks for the effort to invite so many of us. But it seems like I didn't manage to get that email. Can you kindly do it once more when u r free? Or can I have the name to the group and I can go to facebook n request to be added. Thank you so much!! :)

I went to see gynea today. Walked in cos I had bleeding on sat evening... Got a shock! The blood was like menses like blood but faint.. After that he bleeding still had a bit. Today gynea checked, no more bleeding... Saw the sac and the fetal pole.. Was given a jab (pregnancy hormones jab) and oral med.. Told to rest as much as possible.. Then seeing him next Monday. Now abt 6w4d.. :)

According to nurse... If u get the vomit feeling it's a good sign... Been having more frequent naseau feeling this few days and starting to get picky on food! Urgh. :(

I went to see gynea today. Walked in cos I had bleeding on sat evening... Got a shock! The blood was like menses like blood but faint.. After that he bleeding still had a bit. Today gynea checked, no more bleeding... Saw the sac and the fetal pole.. Was given a jab (pregnancy hormones jab) and oral med.. Told to rest as much as possible.. Then seeing him next Monday. Now abt 6w4d.. :)

According to nurse... If u get the vomit feeling it's a good sign... Been having more frequent naseau feeling this few days and starting to get picky on food! Urgh. :(

Oh dear hope you are okay now. Stay at home and rest till stabilise. Yeah nausea feeling because HCG is still flooding and body still adapting.

Been feeling so sick throughout, can't wait for the nausea feeling to be over!

Oh dear hope you are okay now. Stay at home and rest till stabilise. Yeah nausea feeling because HCG is still flooding and body still adapting.

Been feeling so sick throughout, can't wait for the nausea feeling to be over!

Can't stay haway me now rest cos need to go back to work.. So gynea told me to take everything slow... Canot walk fast, can't carry heavy things, no squatting...

I'm super tired... Lie down only will fall asleep...

Hello everyone! I am new here.

I am into my 9 weeks and having my first appointment at KKH tomorrow. Was on referral by poly.

The thing is this pregnancy was unplanned. I went to poly on 15 Dec to get Norehistherone; already planned to go vacation so i thought might as well delay my period. My period is irregular. But GP asked me to do urine test and shocker, it came back that my hcg was greater than 25! Okay so i stared back at the GP in disbelief, that it was not possible.

I already have a 7 year old girl. Was married in 2000 but i got her in 2008 due to health issues. Almost gave up trying then. Even didnt know she was in my belly after 13 weeks!

By the way, i am an old mom , I am 43 this year.

Of course i am scared. But i want this child. I am ready. Gosh but the feeling of fatigue is worse...i just dont want to do anything. So far i havent had any vomitting, just feeling of nausea.

My girl was born at SGH (Dr Yong TT) but i want to try KKH this time as i have a direct bus in front of my home! I also wish to know if i should switch to private as i am a high risk maternal age so to see the same gynae each time is better, you think?

Any recent mommies who had recent appointments as private patients? Just wondering how much cash i should prepare tomorrow.

Thanks!

Hello everyone! I am new here.

I am into my 9 weeks and having my first appointment at KKH tomorrow. Was on referral by poly.

The thing is this pregnancy was unplanned. I went to poly on 15 Dec to get Norehistherone; already planned to go vacation so i thought might as well delay my period. My period is irregular. But GP asked me to do urine test and shocker, it came back that my hcg was greater than 25! Okay so i stared back at the GP in disbelief, that it was not possible.

I already have a 7 year old girl. Was married in 2000 but i got her in 2008 due to health issues. Almost gave up trying then. Even didnt know she was in my belly after 13 weeks!

By the way, i am an old mom , I am 43 this year.

Of course i am scared. But i want this child. I am ready. Gosh but the feeling of fatigue is worse...i just dont want to do anything. So far i havent had any vomitting, just feeling of nausea.

My girl was born at SGH (Dr Yong TT) but i want to try KKH this time as i have a direct bus in front of my home! I also wish to know if i should switch to private as i am a high risk maternal age so to see the same gynae each time is better, you think?

Any recent mommies who had recent appointments as private patients? Just wondering how much cash i should prepare tomorrow.

Thanks!

Hihi! Welcome! Your girl and my youngest one same age.. 7 this yr too.. :)

I think it's better to have a fixed gynea as the gynea will see you thru the whole pregnancy. :) to me, having the right gynea is very important. Cos after all, who else can we trust but them right?

Hihi! Welcome! Your girl and my youngest one same age.. 7 this yr too.. :)

I think it's better to have a fixed gynea as the gynea will see you thru the whole pregnancy. :) to me, having the right gynea is very important. Cos after all, who else can we trust but them right?

Hi back! Thanks for your reply!
Well i agree with what you say its just that now financially we have to be extra cautious and save what we can. My hubby is the only one working. But i do want to be in good hands.

Hi back! Thanks for your reply!
Well i agree with what you say its just that now financially we have to be extra cautious and save what we can. My hubby is the only one working. But i do want to be in good hands.

Yea.. So it's better to have a Pte gynea.. And I think KKh Pte patients is slightly cheaper if u compare to other Pte hospitals? Not too sure about that though.

Back