2016/07 July babies

@redvel & @emk Yeah my girl also takes 6 milk feeds in 24 hours. I read that they should only be taking 4-5 milk feeds at this stage so I was concerned, but seems like your babies also on similar milk feeds. My girl would wake up twice at night crying (about every 4 hours), I don't know if it's because she is hungry. If I feed her she will fall back asleep, whereas carry and soothe her will take longer time. So I tend to feed her.

@redvel & @emk Yeah my girl also takes 6 milk feeds in 24 hours. I read that they should only be taking 4-5 milk feeds at this stage so I was concerned, but seems like your babies also on similar milk feeds. My girl would wake up twice at night crying (about every 4 hours), I don't know if it's because she is hungry. If I feed her she will fall back asleep, whereas carry and soothe her will take longer time. So I tend to feed her.
Hi Elm, mine is still up all night every 2-3 hrs latch, and cluster feeds in evening till midnight, 3 solids a day (tho she also doesn't eat much, baby led weaning).

Babies wake up in motn for all sorts of reasons. Thirsty, hungry, too cold, too hot, sudden noise... I know mine has a small stomach and thus takes small quantities more frequently. I am direct latch on demand though.

Adults don't sleep through the night either just that we have learnt to fall back asleep quickly, and don't realize it most of the time.

https://www.coffeeandcrumbs.net/blog/2017/1/16/sometimes-babies-dont-sleep

A fellow mummy shared this recently, I thought it a good read.

Hope this helps!

I am in the same plight as snowfern. We are the 苦命mummies.

Some believe that breastfed babies are easily hungry whereas formula fed babies can last longer.

Me and snowfern don't bottle feed baby at night. We do direct latching. And over time, it could have been a habit for little one to wake up frequently. I don't know what is the real reason and perhaps will never know.

Mind if I ask? Are u very tired and want her to sleep thru the night? Or are u comparing it with other babies? Need to know where you coming from and you concerns to help effectively

@snowfern Thank you for sharing. It's a relief to know my baby is not the only one still waking every few hours at night. I thought she is at the teething stage, although no sight of any tooth yet.

@KWL A bit of both - I do feel tired cause my sleep keeps getting broken every 2-3 hours (sometimes <2 hours) by her waking. I am a light sleeper so tend to wake at the slightest noise and takes a while for me to fall back asleep after feeding her. I thought by this stage that baby is over 6 months they should be sleeping a longer stretch, hence asking about other babies here.

@snowfern Thank you for sharing. It's a relief to know my baby is not the only one still waking every few hours at night. I thought she is at the teething stage, although no sight of any tooth yet.

@KWL A bit of both - I do feel tired cause my sleep keeps getting broken every 2-3 hours by her waking. I am a light sleeper so tend to wake at the slightest noise and takes a while for me to fall back asleep after feeding her.

Are u a working mum?

I am a working mum who needs to wake up every 2hours since I returned to work. It is almost 5-6mths now come to think about it. This week is particularly bad with hourly wakes Due to growth spurt.

Somehow your Body will auto adjust to baby's schedule over time. I count my blessings when my little one sleeps past 2hours on good days. And surprisingly, I got more tired on those good days because my body is already used to frequent wakes.

Don't compare with others Bah. if u actually wake up to pee in the middle of the night, maybe u can try to synchronise it with baby feeding time.

Also, if u are still breastfeeding, and if your baby starts to sttn, u need to wake up in the middle of the night to pump to maintain supply. So my suggestion is maybe aim for 1 wake?

If u are okay with offering formula, then u go for sttn if sleep is more important for sanity. There are various strategies for baby to sttn in the internet. U can Google and Try them out.

There are 1001 possibilities and combination. Just go with your baby's needs and the optimal schedule for yourself. U are the ultimate caregiver so u need to take good care of yourself. Know your limits and adjust accordingly.

U can try to increase the solid intake before sleep and see if that is the optimal schedule u looking for.

Advance Happy mothers' day to all!

@KWL Thanks for sharing. Sorry for bringing this issue up, I understand every mummy here also has their own struggles. I am a stay-home-mum, so at least I am more flexible with time.

First Mother's Day for us all :)

Hang in there Elm! I am also a SAHM and some days it feels like never-ending latch and laundry

Agree with @KWL . Every baby and family is unique, no judgements here! It's just that we are often made to believe that the ideal baby will eat sleep poop on schedule, which is NEVER the case, and I believe now many baby books are selling exhausted parents a false premise. Rare is the baby who will STTN, and I have learnt to tune out all these questions and just try to enjoy my time with bb as they grow up so fast, soon we will miss when they allow us to hold and kiss them!

Happy Mother's Day!

@KWL Thanks for sharing. Sorry for bringing this issue up, I understand every mummy here also has their own struggles. I am a stay-home-mum, so at least I am more flexible with time.

First Mother's Day for us all :)

I really salute SAHM. Though I feel like dying at work at times, When I am working, I still have That few hours to pee and shit and eat properly. Sahm has got no break at all! Is especially bad if u don't have any helper.

Jiayou @Elm

There are bad times, but I am sure there are good times too! The smile and silly things your little one does will make u forgive him/her instantly. Like what others always advise, things will turn out better with time.

And when u feel real sian, think of me and snowfern. Our babies are older yet waking more frequently than yours hahahaha. It will make u feel better.

Next week my gal is returning IFC. Yeye should be quite relieved as it means he can do his own things in morning till he picks her at 1-2pm. Although he doesn't say/show it, I'm sure for past weeks that he looks after her whole day it can be crazy. Like cannot shit at own time own target. Cannot slowly eat breakfast la kopi (we have no helper). Well, we know the drift. So indeed, SAHM, I salute you!

Next week my gal is returning IFC. Yeye should be quite relieved as it means he can do his own things in morning till he picks her at 1-2pm. Although he doesn't say/show it, I'm sure for past weeks that he looks after her whole day it can be crazy. Like cannot shit at own time own target. Cannot slowly eat breakfast la kopi (we have no helper). Well, we know the drift. So indeed, SAHM, I salute you!

I think is very brave of him to even take care of redvel jr! I cannot imagine my dad looking after a baby hahahaha. He must be a very meticulous sort!

Hey this weekend Mother's Day also can dedicate to him! Haha!

I think is very brave of him to even take care of redvel jr! I cannot imagine my dad looking after a baby hahahaha. He must be a very meticulous sort!

Hey this weekend Mother's Day also can dedicate to him! Haha!

Aiya forgot to include him last weekend when we all celebrated Mother's Day earlier with a cake. Never mind, Father's Day shall include him! Double: he being a dad and granddad.

He is surely very meticulous. Do things will do sui sui one. The only thing is he doesn't quite know how is to bath her thoroughly. But no issue as evening I will do that. Other than me, he is the next person she will look for when wants to be carried. Even her own dad she isn't that close (by the time he comes back from work she wanna sleep already. Short time together).

But if it's my own dad to take care of her, it's like no way. He is the other end of the spectrum :p

Aiya forgot to include him last weekend when we all celebrated Mother's Day earlier with a cake. Never mind, Father's Day shall include him! Double: he being a dad and granddad.

He is surely very meticulous. Do things will do sui sui one. The only thing is he doesn't quite know how is to bath her thoroughly. But no issue as evening I will do that. Other than me, he is the next person she will look for when wants to be carried. Even her own dad she isn't that close (by the time he comes back from work she wanna sleep already. Short time together).

But if it's my own dad to take care of her, it's like no way. He is the other end of the spectrum :p

Yes usually guys cannot make it! So fortunate. The guys in my family only know how to tease and play with kjr. Cry only surrender liao

Thank you fellow mummies for understanding the difficulties of being a SAHM. Somedays really no time to go toilet even! Except for my hubby, unfortunately my parents and in-laws don't understand, they always assume I am free and shaking legs at home. They think all babies do is sleep and eat. Every time they will say insensitive words like what are you busy with, everyday at home right :oops:

Wah @redvel is lucky to have such a hands-on and reliable FIL to care for her baby, really helpful so you can be relieved your baby will be in good hands.

Sorry oot, my in-laws only want to play with baby occasionally. When we visit them, FIL sure first thing come to me and carry baby away from me...play and kiss her face :confused: Then the minute baby starts fussing a little, he will say 'go to your mummy'. Or if at restaurant and food arrives, sure quickly pass back to me. MIL rarely even play or carry my baby. In fact this weekend Mother's Day, in-laws only keep reminding us go out to eat to celebrate Mothers Day for my MIL, no mention of me :(

I really am the rare lucky few. My inlaws always will put me/baby first. When I'm around and either one is already carrying her, I can hear them tell each other in hokkien "mai ho ee kua diok lao bu". Which means don't let her see me. Lol. Because once she sees me she wants me to carry then it means I have to drop everything else.

And they are also sensitive not to abruptly take baby away from me. They know how to read my body language before carrying her. Will always let me eat first during a meal before they eat, while they look after her.

I'll crown them the bestest inlaws. And name myself luckiest DIL. Sorry if I sound braggy. But they deserved to be praised.

I really am the rare lucky few. My inlaws always will put me/baby first. When I'm around and either one is already carrying her, I can hear them tell each other in hokkien "mai ho ee kua diok lao bu". Which means don't let her see me. Lol. Because once she sees me she wants me to carry then it means I have to drop everything else.

And they are also sensitive not to abruptly take baby away from me. They know how to read my body language before carrying her. Will always let me eat first during a meal before they eat, while they look after her.

I'll crown them the bestest inlaws. And name myself luckiest DIL. Sorry if I sound braggy. But they deserved to be praised.

Indeed. U are fortunate and lucky.

My mum will volunteer to help me take care of baby when it is meal time before baby started solid.

But now, I am Glad I chose BLW way. We all can dine with baby same time. Just that I have to keep a watchful eye on the little one. She will start fussing if u don't serve fast enough or when she is done. Other than that, she loves performing and showing people how she self feed. Hahahaha. I sit her facing wall, she must twist her body to show people. So nowadays, I put her crowd facing!

Ur inlaws definitely deserved to be applauded and praised! Dun we all wish our parents/inlaws are like that? :)

I must also mention my inlaws. Just this week they are away for a 8day trip to taiwan. Oh how I miss them (and their help!)...

My inlaws will pick both kids from IFC/CC, feed didi. Bathe didi and kor kor (if possible). I will have dinner at their place 7plus to 8pm and bring both kids home for didi's bed time. If my HB is not ard, one of them will walk home w me helping to manage my toddler.

This week, HB and I have to "report" to IFC/CC at 630pm to fetch both kids. Drive home, tapao food from downstairs. I gotta cook dinner (resorted to cereal for one time) for didi. And wolf down my own dinner, while watching kor kor misbehaving and dropping dinner all over.

HB bathes kor kor, while I have no time to bathe didi and he goes to bed without being bathe... over the weekend nobody to help jargar my kids if HB has to work (he works one weekend but sometimes two) he also had to work on Vesak day PH, how abt that?

So kudos to all grandparents for trying to help whenever they can! Jiayou mummies and enjoy ur first Mother's Day for some!!!! :)

So nice, to see all the bb get along with grandparents :) although I stay with mil, she only knows how to play with bubbles, everything else is ok mummy, nehneh.

Problem is she will try to get bubbles' attention at all times, especially mealtime. And bubbles is super distractible, she eats better only when other people are eating, or when mil is not around. As long as mil is around, she will want her to carry and play. Frustrating. Don't know how I'm supposed to wean her by 12 mths (mil insists on this) when till now, she still isn't eating enough to drop a single milk feed!!!

So nice, to see all the bb get along with grandparents :) although I stay with mil, she only knows how to play with bubbles, everything else is ok mummy, nehneh.

Problem is she will try to get bubbles' attention at all times, especially mealtime. And bubbles is super distractible, she eats better only when other people are eating, or when mil is not around. As long as mil is around, she will want her to carry and play. Frustrating. Don't know how I'm supposed to wean her by 12 mths (mil insists on this) when till now, she still isn't eating enough to drop a single milk feed!!!

Can u tell her not to distract bubbles? I tell my MIL and my mom directly. Then explain the rationale. Sometimes they forget so I just gently remind them.

Sometimes i get the troublemakers to do the feeding instead then they know how difficult haha!

I think I know my children quite well so when I give tips on how to handle my children, my MIL will appreciate and try it out... some for FIL...

Can u tell her not to distract bubbles? I tell my MIL and my mom directly. Then explain the rationale. Sometimes they forget so I just gently remind them.

Sometimes i get the troublemakers to do the feeding instead then they know how difficult haha!

I think I know my children quite well so when I give tips on how to handle my children, my MIL will appreciate and try it out... some for FIL...
Tell many times liow. I do BLW so there's no "feeding" per se, just that she will lose momentum and want to be carried out to play when mil leaves the table. This has been happening since day 1. :( And we're already at 100+ days now!!!!

Tell many times liow. I do BLW so there's no "feeding" per se, just that she will lose momentum and want to be carried out to play when mil leaves the table. This has been happening since day 1. :( And we're already at 100+ days now!!!!

Hahahahaha on the contrary I got a performing kid. She so scared u don't watch her eat! Kwaaaaa!!!

Haha my parents in law ah ... when emkjr go visit them, he will be overly protected. Cannot get to crawl and walk on the floor because they said tiles not so evenly lay will have some sharp edges. When he sit n play, fil will watch his back, mil watch his front. He is surrounded by both of them. I just let them be la anyway only visit them alternate week.
@ salute you la not easy to be sahm, remind me of my ml period. Cannot eat, bath and poop. U can try to figure out your baby 'pattern' lah, see what is his max active period. Life will be much easier if u know their pattern. As for me, emk will be active for 2 hours then go for nap, example 8am wake up 10am need to go for nap until 12pm and 2 pm nap again until 4pm. 4-9pm usually just need 1 hour or no nap at all. So I will plan what thing need to be done in that 2 hours, like bath, meal, haircut , trim nail etc etc. now we know after 4pm he doesn't need any nap so we will plan out shopping, out for meal, meet friend, bring him for lesson all in the evening. And come back before 9pm

Haha my parents in law ah ... when emkjr go visit them, he will be overly protected. Cannot get to crawl and walk on the floor because they said tiles not so evenly lay will have some sharp edges. When he sit n play, fil will watch his back, mil watch his front. He is surrounded by both of them. I just let them be la anyway only visit them alternate week.
@ salute you la not easy to be sahm, remind me of my ml period. Cannot eat, bath and poop. U can try to figure out your baby 'pattern' lah, see what is his max active period. Life will be much easier if u know their pattern. As for me, emk will be active for 2 hours then go for nap, example 8am wake up 10am need to go for nap until 12pm and 2 pm nap again until 4pm. 4-9pm usually just need 1 hour or no nap at all. So I will plan what thing need to be done in that 2 hours, like bath, meal, haircut , trim nail etc etc. now we know after 4pm he doesn't need any nap so we will plan out shopping, out for meal, meet friend, bring him for lesson all in the evening. And come back before 9pm
Yeah I try to do as much as possible but bubbles sleep not predictable and she's super light sleeper :( because of the latter, she co-sleeps with us on the bed, no matter how i try cannot transfer to cot and she can only latch to sleep.

So even when she nap/sleep, now that she can crawl, we are so fearful she will fall off the bed (storage bed, quite high!) I also buay pang xim do anything outside, I ever go pee and return to see her peering over the edge liow..Scared die me....

This weekend we gonna see if it's possible to bring down the mattress...Room v crowded and if bring down poses new problems, like all the barang2 gotta put out of reach!!!

Yeah I try to do as much as possible but bubbles sleep not predictable and she's super light sleeper :( because of the latter, she co-sleeps with us on the bed, no matter how i try cannot transfer to cot and she can only latch to sleep.

So even when she nap/sleep, now that she can crawl, we are so fearful she will fall off the bed (storage bed, quite high!) I also buay pang xim do anything outside, I ever go pee and return to see her peering over the edge liow..Scared die me....

This weekend we gonna see if it's possible to bring down the mattress...Room v crowded and if bring down poses new problems, like all the barang2 gotta put out of reach!!!

Mine is starting to venture on hard ground from 6 inch mattress laid on the floor. Crawl ard the house and attempting to climb sofa with knee. Help!!! I got an active and energetic baby!!!

@snowfern ya I went through this phrase, afraid they fell off the bed. Last time when he wake up from the cot i can slowly walk to the room. After he sleep on my bed whenever I heard ' ahh' I chiong to the room immediately. Recently he know how to come down from my bed, i face another problem... afraid he might be behind the room door. If I don't close dooor, he cannot sleep long. If I close door he might wake up and crawl to the back of the door and when I open door will bang on him. Ahhhh ...

Mine is starting to venture on hard ground from 6 inch mattress laid on the floor. Crawl ard the house and attempting to climb sofa with knee. Help!!! I got an active and energetic baby!!!

HahaHaha nothing we can do, only can watch behind their back to ensure they don't fall hahha.eventually she will be able to climb up the sofa and everywhere !!! Emkjr climb up coffee table, sofa.. even the basket under the high chair he also climb inside and happy sit there. Luckily the basket can support his weight, we really got a monkey babies ....
1b79d37860112a3a980bd8ffcbce407e.jpg

HahaHaha nothing we can do, only can watch behind their back to ensure they don't fall hahha.eventually she will be able to climb up the sofa and everywhere !!! Emkjr climb up coffee table, sofa.. even the basket under the high chair he also climb inside and happy sit there. Luckily the basket can support his weight, we really got a monkey babies ....
1b79d37860112a3a980bd8ffcbce407e.jpg

I got the same high chair as you. I can foresee how my future is going to be like when my girl can walk and climb

My girl's naps also very unpredictable. Sometimes can be 2 hours, sometimes 1 hour, most times 30 minutes. So very hard to plan anything. The other thing is when she is in her baby car seat, especially in the evenings, sure cry until reach home :( I have been putting her in the car seat everytime we go out since birth, but until now she will still fuss.

My girl's naps also very unpredictable. Sometimes can be 2 hours, sometimes 1 hour, most times 30 minutes. So very hard to plan anything. The other thing is when she is in her baby car seat, especially in the evenings, sure cry until reach home :( I have been putting her in the car seat everytime we go out since birth, but until now she will still fuss.

A mirror (for u to see her and for her to see u) and nursery rhymes may help. U try

A mirror (for u to see her and for her to see u) and nursery rhymes may help. U try
I sing to her all the time in the car, sometimes it works. But once she starts crying, nothing can stop her until we take her out of the car seat haha. Even when I sit behind with her and hubby drives, also after a while she will cry. Am thinking of turn the seat to forward facing, don't know if it will help.

I read somewhere the child under 2 should be rear facing. Anyone can chip in to verify ?

A few times my gal cried like mad while traveling halfway (recent weeks). Took her out and immediately she gave me the cheeky and happy face. Kerna cheated.

Last time when younger she could sit right through the journey.

I read somewhere the child under 2 should be rear facing. Anyone can chip in to verify ?

A few times my gal cried like mad while traveling halfway (recent weeks). Took her out and immediately she gave me the cheeky and happy face. Kerna cheated.

Last time when younger she could sit right through the journey.

I am the driver most of the time. So nobody sits with her. Recently I use "mama's hand" to comfort her. Means I one hand steer wheel. The other hand stretch backwards to touch her hand. It works but when meltdown, I can only step on accelerator to speed home

From what I noe, its rear facing under 1 yo... basically the neck shld be strong enough.

After 1yo by right upgrade to toddler seat and front facing. After a certain weight, upgrade to booster seat.

My kids mostly stop crying when the car is moving. If not cry until tired will stop crying and sleep. Sing songs, last resort is watch videos on iPhone (which is very bad, not recommended)

Emkjr recently also start to reject car seat leh.. put him on the seat he will throw himself back n straighten his leg, or quickly turn around and stand on the seat which don't allow me to buckle the safety belt. For me I will give him toy with sound to distracted him and faster tighten up the safety belt. For my hub he will play Samsung ostrich advertisement which I always ask him not to do this but he doesn't listen lo! After the car start moving he will cry all the way la!

Happy Mother's Day all of you!

Saw OG selling tollyjoy pull up diapers at $9.90 for 44 pcs. Works out to be $0.225 per pc. That's cheap right ? Never tried this brand so don't dare to buy more. Just bought one set to try out.

Happy Mother's Day to all!!!

Redvel - yes cheap for pull up diapers. Who still using tape ah? I bought tape ones in bulk last time and I really got a hard time wearing it on an active baby. Mine is crawling all over the house Liao. So after I apply diaper cream, baby will sit or move and end up the cream is on floor, my body, all over the place. Omg!

Me lor. My whole carton just arrived today. Haha. Need to give some to IFC.

These days change diaper the surrounding area a lot of weird stuff at the end one. Cup cover la, laundry peg la, old unused specs, etc. Need to throw her stuff to amuse her abit while I chop chop put on the tape diaper. She is extremely wriggly now.

I am also using tape and few days ago tried the pull up pants ..so is a mix now. Pull up pants is definitely easier coz my gal will untape the diapers when I am changing her ... And she will flip and turn, quite hard to tape properly

Happy Mother's Day to all mummies!

I am also using tape and few days ago tried the pull up pants ..so is a mix now. Pull up pants is definitely easier coz my gal will untape the diapers when I am changing her ... And she will flip and turn, quite hard to tape properly

Happy Mother's Day to all mummies!

Better use pull up pants if they know how to untape cos my hub nephew once u untape his diaper with his poo poo inside and he eat his own poo plus cover himself with it.

Happy Mother's Day to all mummies!!!

@redvel that's is very cheap leh... I have been using pull up pant for quite sometimes already. The cheapest I can find is Goon Thailand version the green colour packing which can bought from Q10 and mums.sg. With coupon discount which can work out to be 0.23per pc. Very soft and I would said it good for day time la haha for night time I get the mamy poko soft pant from Kim sang medical hall 4 packet for $36 which is 0.32 per pc. But I find that it get very hard when diaper full so recently I try out mamy poko Japan version which is very soft, get it from q10 with coupon discount around 0.34 per pc. Let us know if tollyjoy good.

Verdict: tollyjoy leaks her poo on second piece. Haaa. Stained my sofa where she sat. Luckily got removable sofa sheet.

When I opened the package I already smell something fishy as it's very thin. Then the coverage on the butt not very big. So not recommended hor!

Back