2016/07 July babies

Hi everyone! Omg my forum notification just didn't work this while. Haven't been receiving any updates!

Good thing snowfern alerted me. I quickly read thru all The msg and heartened to know that I have been so missed. Hahaha.

Kjr is still bogay! She is doing fairly well for BLW! Started saying bababababa and Also croaking like a frog! Also tried to stand and climb up sofa. Hahahaha.

Anything else u wanna know???

Haha like how's your work? What's your plan for her bdae? Any plan on sending her to school in due time?

My gal has egg white allergy. I geh kiang la. Gave her scrambled egg. When I gave her yolk, no prob. When mix the yolk with white that very evening she had red rashes mainly on her back and a little bit around her mouth. But was cleared the next day. Better only give her again after she is one.

Now her fav food is bean curd. Always add some in her porridge or mian Xian.

Work is still bad. And kjr sleeping habit is still machiam newborn. Multiple wake times as frequent as every 2-3 hours.

No plans for bday because the Mum here wanna Cui already.

Egg white allergy - u are not alone. Mine also got red beard after eating whole egg. Hahahaha.

So gd to be bogey. Mine starting to have her 2nd tooth and had fever last weekend. Then when having fever, she call for her "ah pa~" and then started calling "ah pa, paaaa paaaa"

Latching now is no longer fun for me cos she will bit me and I have to Squeeze her cheeks to stop her from doing it. Once I gently beat her on her arm and she cried so badly.

Just started apple purée and rice cereal. Wanted to start on avocado but hard to get ripe one. Either super raw or super over ripe.

Kwl you're back hahah woah I don't event know can set alert leh, I everyday will come in quite a number of time and check got any new post or not. Haha I haven't try on egg leh coz he always sick lah. Last weekend never give him any solid food too. So excited lah.. this Saturday emkjr going to attend his first lesson at heguru.

If u use the app, there is notification function (just like fb).

I see all the babies here growing very well. All bui bui!

Emk u still breastfeeding? Anybody else?

One of Our fav topic - menses come buay?

KWL yeah still breastfeeding but start getting lazy now la haha only pump twice a day, work really very busy and volume also drop a lot after menses come. Anyway I plan to stop at 1yrs old hahah very soon!!! Can't believe I can bf for 1yr. Your menses have come ?

My boy really love to watch the samsung advertisement leh .. any babies also like it too ?

Haven't come. Pump twice at work and latch at night. Hahaha. I think I will want to bf as Long as my body can supply. Is a godsend gift for me to just eat without guilt

Ian loves the Samsung advert as well don't know is it the ostrich trying to fly~ he will have 2 eyes glue to the tv~

Just started walking on his own with the handheld walker~ and now he will grumble when we leave him in his high chair for too long~ have yet to start on baby-proofing the house! :confused:

My gal likes too! Omg why huh?

no idea man, maybe is the music can't be the ostrich right haha I try to block his view when the samsung advertisement on the screen, he will move his head left right to try caught a glimpse of the screen but I also move my head to block him hahah in the end he give me a smile then use his hand gently to push my face away.

Haven't come. Pump twice at work and latch at night. Hahaha. I think I will want to bf as Long as my body can supply. Is a godsend gift for me to just eat without guilt

Woah so good la today is the third time having menses. Sian to max lah. No more pad free day. My breast back to pre pregnant size Liao... I can wear my old bra haha

Woah so good la today is the third time having menses. Sian to max lah. No more pad free day. My breast back to pre pregnant size Liao... I can wear my old bra haha

Ur current supply enough to meet baby's needs?

Hello mummies ... I am finally back to work... it has been a long break almost felt like an extended maternity leave .

Any babies took the flu jab? My gal is in infant care and we let her took the flu jab and after the jab she has a super bad cold..not sure is it due to the jab or she caught a bug.

Are your babies on 3 meals a day? Mine is still only on one or two meals a day,

Hello mummies ... I am finally back to work... it has been a long break almost felt like an extended maternity leave .

Any babies took the flu jab? My gal is in infant care and we let her took the flu jab and after the jab she has a super bad cold..not sure is it due to the jab or she caught a bug.

Hi Gan!! Hope everything is well.

Mine on two solids/ day but then I won't even consider as meals cos she is taking fruits and vege only. Reject carbo :(

Hello back Gan. Good to hear from you.

Mine never taken flu jab though. Did you happen to ask doc if a cold may be just a possibly side effect after the jab?

How's your gal adapting to IFC? Mine is returning mid May.

Since I work and Yeye takes care of her, morning sometimes he will give bread or biscuit or maybe none. I leave it to him. Lunch and dinner I prep porridge or mian xian. If I'm home early I will give her some cut fruits.

Good to hear from you Gan!

I try to offer 3 meals but morning is always difficult as it depends greatly on how she slept. And the ripeness/sweetness/right size/right colour/right shape/planets aligned then she will eat. And lately only want different thing everyday...No more cheats!

Lunch often skip cos I will bring her out. If not, she also only sample a bit. Dinner she will tend to eat more, provided it is salmon/Threadfin/chicken.

Totally rejects carbs also except recently like baked potato!

Hi Gan, my mum will give him porridge twice a day and some fruits too.
Woah your girl so fast can call papa mama, so good!

Thank you!~ He just climb onto the bed himself yesterday! It's going to be more tiring looking after him now haha :p

Haha u got to teach him how to come down from bed/sofa, if not they will go down by head first. I taught emkjr to go down by leg, now he will stretch his one of his leg to test if he can reach the floor. if cannot he will not come down. If can reach the floor then another leg will slowly come down.

Flu jab will have side effect one.

My gal main course is dinner, porridge with pumpkin or carrot or sweet potato sometimes add spinach. I have not introduced meat to her yet ... so she is still vegetarian! What do you put in your porridge to cook ?
@redvel so far she is adapting ok.... cried for the first 2 weeks and subsequently when we sent her there she will wave bye to us. How do you manage to cook lunch when u r working ? Slow cooker ? Thinking I may want to cook porridge overnight and let her bring to infant care for the teachers to feed her

I will have lean meat slice in the porridge, other than pumpkin/carrot/spinach/broccoli. So that the whole porridge will be sweeter. And I also always add wolfberries. it really makes the porridge much nicer. Tried red dates but she refused to continue after two spoons. I won't give her the meat as it's too tough she doesn't like it. Some days I replace the pork with threadfish. She does eat the soft fish.

Does your ifc make lunch? My gal has her lunch made at ifc. As for now I wake up early to cook for her. Zzz. Just one more week and she will be back ifc so I don't have to cook early. Yeye will feed that to her. As for dinner I will rush home to cook.

I tried the slow cooker. She dislikes it and so do i. It tastes yuck . Somehow that porridge tastes better above the stove. More 出味。

I'm anticipating cry frenzy too when she returns ifc soon. Now she has some stranger anxiety, compared to when I put her there initially at 4mo.

Last edited:
@gan I cook slice lean meat with dried scallop and rice for 1 hour in small slow cooker to let the sweetness of the meat out. Then I add pumpkin, potato, broccoli and Threadfin/codfish to cook for another 45min to 1 hour. Sometimes will replace pumpkin with carrot. For the dried scallop if small size one I use 4-5 , medium size I will put 2.

Hi Gan! Good to hear from you! :) I brought Ian for his flu jab before our Hong Kong trip in Feb, and was told by the doctor that shouldn't have any side effects. However, he make sure that he's in good condition before giving him the jab.

I see you mummies really make a lot of effort to cook for your babies. Nowadays I don't cook much for Ian. Only my MIL will cook porridge for him during the weekdays. Weekends it's mainly fruits or "adult food" so that Ian eats with us. He seems to like solid solid food rather than porridge nowadays. And he loves pancakes and bread. Very similar taste to daddy. :D

Mine is eating fruits mainly and spinach (only vegetable that she eats). Haven't introduced porridge cos is hard for her to self feed.

It is fun to dine with my little one now cos she attracts a lot of attention when she amuses people with baby led weaning. She enjoys performing "eating" and showing off to people.

I also get to eat my food together with her hehehe

@redvel mine is having separation anxiety too ... she refused to let strangers to carry her ...people can play with her while she is being carried by me but not carry her. She will scream super loud if any attempts were made to carry her

All the porridge your babies are having seem so yummy with a lot of ingredients! When you said eat adult food , what kind of adult food you feed baby?

@emk your boy will finish all the 'hao liao' in the porridge ? That is a lot ! I am thinking of putting scallop but not sure if there wld be allergy ... u put scallop for every meal ? For broccoli will it turn yellow if cook for 45 mins?

7f1f91b2e8869b2bc9198fa0cdd43aad.jpg

This was part of the notes polyclinic provided, at this point all our bb should be starting on "adult food" aka "solid solids" - Google "baby weaning finger foods" and plenty of recipes and ideas come up!

@gan I will give him the fish and all veggies, never give the lean meat n scallop becoz these two are for sweetness and 䃼only. He will finished all. The broccoli turn dark green.

Emk jr appetite very good!

My gal really depends on mood. But something good to know that she was once 20 something percentile on weight (when she was sick out from IFC. Before IFC was 50 percentile) and I just weighed her over the weekend she has been pumped up to 47 percentile. According to some online calculator.

My gal still refuses spout or straw. Haha any baby still on teat for water?

Emk jr appetite very good!

My gal really depends on mood. But something good to know that she was once 20 something percentile on weight (when she was sick out from IFC. Before IFC was 50 percentile) and I just weighed her over the weekend she has been pumped up to 47 percentile. According to some online calculator.

My gal still refuses spout or straw. Haha any baby still on teat for water?

Mine uses straw and drinks directly from adult cup too. But cannot 'compare' cos I go the BLW route.

Anyway just sharing what I did - i just shove her the water bottle and she figured it herself after a few tries. Nowadays she enjoy sucking a lot of water to create ponding -_-".

I showed bubbles how to drink from straw cup using @tuna 's straw trick! Initially she didn't take to it until around 8-9mth I tried again, and bingo!

I offer sips between bites (I also do blw) and drink a lot of water in front of her, often sharing from my water bottle also. So she eventually picked up the habit of asking for water, sometimes going "terterter" in the middle of meals for her magmag!

@redvel haha ya I got to admit emkjr is a big eater, one hour after porridge, I give him 180ml milk he also can finished it.

Same as kwl la, I also throw him the magmag straw cup and let him figure it out. After few days he manage to suck out water from there. Maybe also he keep watching me drink yakult and learn from there.

Ok I better start using straw more in front of her haa.

She is a big water drinker. Will ask for water (cry or reach out for her magmag).

Hi July mums, hope you don't mind me asking here as this thread is more active than September thread. My baby is nearly 8 months and I am still breastfeeding her + giving her solids. How many milk feeds did you give your baby at this stage? My baby is getting 4 milk feeds in the day (every 3-4 hours), but she still wakes up twice in the night (about every 4 hours) and I will have to feed her so she settles back to sleep.

Do you think I should be increasing her solid food quantity in the day so she will sleep longer at night? Does it help?

Hi Elm, likewise mine takes about 6 milk feeds within 24hrs. Two usually happens when she sleeps. I somehow don't think giving her more solid will help to sleep through the night. That's just what I think as she doesn't take much solid even though I always cook more than she can consume (my dinner usually ends up half eating hers).

My husband and I think we rather wake up to feed than having her sleep hungry.

Maybe other mummies can chip in.

Hi elm, I feel the same as redvel. Don't think solid food will help on STTN, my boy take about 6-7 milk feed. Each feed 210ml and last feed at 9pm will be 240ml.

Back