2016/07 July babies

Hi, I wonder if anyone could add me in the fb page? I'm due 23/7. Previously requested but haven't gotten fb request yet. Thanks!

I agree dang Gui is a big no no too.. Other than that I have been taking red dates drink every week with red date dried long gan and dang sheng

Hi Mummies, are your bump getting there yet? I'm feeling abit uncomfortable as if my stomach has stretch to the max, it's feeling ssoooooo tight. Making breathing abit tougher for me. Anyone same like me?

Same as you dear.

I now have to adjust my sleeping posture. Have always been a left side sleeper and I can feel my bb is located more towards my left tummy. Since she is growing bigger, I cannot squash myself too left.

Skin at tum also getting tight and out of breath. But please don't scratch yourself ya. I carry a tube of cream or bio oil with me. Whenever I feel an itch coming, I apply when I can.

Same as you dear.

I now have to adjust my sleeping posture. Have always been a left side sleeper and I can feel my bb is located more towards my left tummy. Since she is growing bigger, I cannot squash myself too left.

Skin at tum also getting tight and out of breath. But please don't scratch yourself ya. I carry a tube of cream or bio oil with me. Whenever I feel an itch coming, I apply when I can.

A stupid question here, how do you know baby is located more towards your left tummy? I feel something hard on my right, but don't know what's that. Hahah

No no not stupid heh. Into my 2nd trime, I started to be able to feel my uterus when I wake up in morning and still lying flat in bed. This is where my stomach is at its flattest. I glided my hand across my tummy and I could feel a hard lump at my left. It was like a size of a tennis ball. Now at 17wks, it's still there at same spot but definitely no longer a tennis ball size. That's the spot I always place my hand to talk to my bb. And hoping to spot a twitch.

And it sounds like yours is surely on your right!

It's quite common to have our uterus tilted; off centered. But when our bb grow bigger, they will take up pretty much the centre space.

Maybe mine is also tilted , I always feel bb's movement on the left compare to the right , but before pregnant I notice my left side has a slight bump but I just ignore it .

Anyway has anyone went for their detailed scan or scheduled for one? The last visit I was given a date by the clinic to call for appointment at the hospital . I realized its scheduled later then my appointment with the gynae ,at the week I'm turning 22,(21 weeks 5 days). Wondering if I should change it to an earlier date

Maybe mine is also tilted , I always feel bb's movement on the left compare to the right , but before pregnant I notice my left side has a slight bump but I just ignore it .

Anyway has anyone went for their detailed scan or scheduled for one? The last visit I was given a date by the clinic to call for appointment at the hospital . I realized its scheduled later then my appointment with the gynae ,at the week I'm turning 22,(21 weeks 5 days). Wondering if I should change it to an earlier date

Hi @3p1m, KKH scheduled my detailed scan on my 20th week which is Early Mar. Maybe you can call in to request for a earlier appt.

@3p1m : My detail scan date scheduled by NUH is also at the week I am turning week 22 too (21 week, 6 days).

I am coming week 18 but I don't feel a lot of baby movements except some ticklish sensation under my skin sometimes. This is my first pregnancy, is it normal?

I notice a slight bump on my left tummy too, I didn't think much about it and still sleeps on my left side. Is it advisable not to?

@Deceptionist
Maybe I will call to see if can arrange it or just let it be , the clinic assistant who gave me the date has told me the hospital was quite packed with appointment for detailed scan earlier.

@Jehvy
So it's is scheduled that late too, I read that it maybe between 20-22 weeks just that I'm more paranoid thought of gg for earlier the better ha

1st time mum may not feel v obvious movement till later stage, I'm 2nd time mum, felt movement quite early bt sometimes can't differentiate if it's wind or what bt at week 17 now , it's quite frequent n obvious. It's advisable to sleep on the left for better blood circulation, I think it doesn't matter if bb is positioned more to the left as the bb is protected with amniotic sac etc, u may Wana get assurance with ur gynae's advice

The nurse at my gynae clinic also specailly scheduled my scan at 21+ weeks. The last round it was at week 20, I don't know why it is so later this time also. Is it supposed to be at week 20 only?

Maybe they want to be able to see the baby more clearly?

I only was very sure of the popcorn feeling weeks ago. Thereafter I also don't feel it already. Sometimes feel twitches and like got fish swimming inside but I really can't differentiate. Could be just water in my digestion.

I will also ask my gynae about the detailed scan this Sat.

Morning. Where can I get a good varieties of maternity 2-pc swimwear? Now tum bigger somehow I feel more "secure" covering it up which normal 2-pc can't. Thanks.

Never thought of ASOS because never purchased from there. Thanks for the idea! I just check it out and selection not much however the normal bikinis are so nice.

Going for my scan later n should be able to know gender. Think my detailed scan is going to be on the 21 week too.
My bum getting very obvious n maybe it's my third so I dun feel so tight.
But these 2 days, I'm having a lot of white discharge.. Not clear but white. A bit worried coz I dun rem having so much discharge the last 2.. Going ask gynae later.
Also starting to get tired easily. Think it's not a very good sign since a lot says 2nd tri is the time for more exercise. Maybe I should really go for a swim since u all are discussing abt swimsuit

Hello fellow mummies and mummy-to-be:)

I'm expecting my no2 and edd is 29 July. I just have a question for those expecting no2 or 3 or more... Do you ladies still do a lot of chores and looking after your elder children or carry them since tri1?

My husband is v busy with work and I have to carry and look after my 15 mo boy a lot since tri1, I'm just worried this will not be good for the little one inside me. I often worry about miscarriage but I don't have much of a choice. How did you ladies manage this?

Hope you'll spot an extra thing, verluv :)

I also get a lot more discharge at 2nd trime. I read it's normal. Do share what your doc says.

Maybe a good swim will boost your energy up a bit.

And do you all now feel more sore (and harder) breasts? I am starting to feel like lumps there and I read it's the milk ducts being pumped up. How do you all deal with this? Need to massage? I'm still wearing the same underwired bras (no luck with boobie upsize); still comfy but it's usually at home while lying down I feel the sore more.

@verluv
I had quite a bit of thick whitish discharge during 1st trimester before I took utrogestan , now on n off will have bt less thick compared to before. I read it's normal , In fact i worry when I have clear watery discharge... Scared its amniotic fluid

I'm still feeling tired too esp after waking my girl up for sch( primary) due to insomnia, took maybe 4 hrs to doze off n hard to nap in the day too. Last visit my gynae told me not to exercise but can go jalan. I also no mood to exercise duno how to swim to ha.

@KatTea
I have an elder child bt since she's 9 , I don't have to handle her that much, just no rough play. I hardly do house chores In fact none during the period of bedrest n glad she's able to help me.now I only do light chores like washing of dishes, ironing n folding of clothes. Maybe u can outsource part time helper to do the chores, some chores Gota close one eye n get ur hubby involved to help out maybe during off days. My hubby is busy too n has knee pain but I appreciate his help despite his pain. main thing is ur handling of ur toddler as the toddlers tend to be sticky n needs more attention. Try not to carry ur toddler so much now , keep him occupy with activities that doesn't required u to carry. Eg put him in play pen with some suitable toys, doodling,reading etc

Hope you'll spot an extra thing, verluv :)

I also get a lot more discharge at 2nd trime. I read it's normal. Do share what your doc says.

Maybe a good swim will boost your energy up a bit.

And do you all now feel more sore (and harder) breasts? I am starting to feel like lumps there and I read it's the milk ducts being pumped up. How do you all deal with this? Need to massage? I'm still wearing the same underwired bras (no luck with boobie upsize); still comfy but it's usually at home while lying down I feel the sore more.

I hardly touch my breast now, definitely upsize but I duno if it's consider sore. Even if I touch them, I don't feel uncomfy. Btw I don't wear bra at home as I feel more comfortable, maybe u can gently massage the lumpy area, not sure if a warm pack helps but ur situation reminds me of engorged painful breast during breastfeeding days

Hi mummies expecting 2nd or 3rd bb now, so you find you have less patience with your elder child? My gal whines a lot lately and I find that I am losing my patience on her more often ... Scolding her more..seems like i am becoming short temper

Are ur older kids more sticky now? My gal is 5 now

Hi mummies expecting 2nd or 3rd bb now, so you find you have less patience with your elder child? My gal whines a lot lately and I find that I am losing my patience on her more often ... Scolding her more..seems like i am becoming short temper

Are ur older kids more sticky now? My gal is 5 now

My 9 yr leaves things behind without putting them bk n takes along time to finish a task which should be done 1st etc sometimes when I have to nag her to do this n that I may flare up cos I need to hurry her n at times help her to pick up her stuffs which is not v convenient for me to do so. But most of the time now, I control my emotions cos I feel I need to use strength to scold, fetus may get a shock too. Did u find out the reason y ur girl whines more lately? Or perhaps it's due to jealousy n asking for more attention since she knows u r preggy? I'm
Glad mine doesn't show any jealousy nor sticks to me more, although I feel guilty cos there's definitely less body contact now due to the bump. Get ur girl more involved in ur pregnancy , maybe ask her to read stories for u n the baby, let her know the bb enjoy her stories. Let her feel ur bb 's movements or kicks , talk to ur bb about jie jie infront of her, praise her for her good efforts n communicate more with her n show the effort she's still v much loved by u. I do apologize to my girl when I felt it's not necessary to flare up n she will understand. Hope this helps for u

Nah din spot anything... Making up number for the pink team..
And yes I do have hard breast. This din occur during my second pregnancy.. Maybe it's due to they are 3 yrs apart. I'm still wearing bra at home as I'm afraid of sagging breast..

I'm having a 5 yo and 2 yo girl and they are indeed more sticky.. My 2 yo girl always ask me to carry her and I try my best to make her walk. I have a helper at home and she helps me with lotsa hsework. But she is going back for a month in 2 weeks time. Think by then my hse will be in a total mess

Hello fellow mummies and mummy-to-be:)

I'm expecting my no2 and edd is 29 July. I just have a question for those expecting no2 or 3 or more... Do you ladies still do a lot of chores and looking after your elder children or carry them since tri1?

My husband is v busy with work and I have to carry and look after my 15 mo boy a lot since tri1, I'm just worried this will not be good for the little one inside me. I often worry about miscarriage but I don't have much of a choice. How did you ladies manage this?

Hello,

My 1st child is 2.5 yr old now. since i discover i am pregg again, i stop carrying her liao. I still hug her a lot and do other stuff with her. I bluff her that my arms is injure. I ask my hubby to carry her instead and my hubby will reassure her that mummy actually love to carry her a lot but her hand is painful therefore now cannot carry her. Seems to work. Honestly i scare my child accidentally kick my tummy when she is excited. Not intentional of cos, but then again, children at this age can be super active & random.

Jia you.

@redvel - think sore boobs are very common during pregnancy. Mine were extremely sore when i had #1, for this, i don't feel any soreness, they just feel rather flabby. Not sure if it was because i was breast feeding both my girls for about 2 years each, hence muscle tone has been lost. Perhaps you can get a good maternity bra as they offer better support. Even if there's no upside, they will offer better support, you should feel more comfortable. I've ditched all my underwired bras as they make my MS worst.
I just ordered a few maternity/nursing sleep bras. Very comfortable.

@gan1972 - My elder boy is very sticky to me since I'm pregnant with no 2.
Sometimes he does play rough and coz he is just 2yr 3mth, so telling me him no is like a bit harsh.
I will explain to him that there is a baby inside the tummy so got to be gentle.
Once awhile, when he is too excited, he will forget. But will hug me to apologize to me.

Hi mummies, I still don't feel baby kicking me. Anyone the same as me?

I just started drinking those formulae milk for mummies hoping to load up on the nutrients.. The taste is quite horrible though compared to fresh milk but my friends have been advising me to take formulae milk instead of fresh milk. Hopefully can put on weight soon.

Me too except for once few weeks ago (wasn't even a kick. More likely the bb turned and the amnio fluid got bubbles popped. I think). Coming 18weeks but I think it's normal for FTM to be. My tum is growing so I think all is ok for now.

I always conveniently forgot about the formula milk. Don't really fancy the taste but am constantly being reminded by friends to please drink it. Thanks for reminding... I better drink up again.

I've been trying to take Farmhouse fresh milk. But being a non-milk drinker, the smell is kinda strong, not really bearable: ( is there one that tastes less milky?
Any non-milk drinkers here? Can share what milk you drink?

I'm drinking formula milk once a day 5 days a week.. Not taking any fresh milk coz I'm lactose intolerant. I drink it every morning for breakfast. But am at home these 2 days so lazy to make. I'm taking Frisomum and the taste is quite ok. Gotten free sample for nestle and dumex but haven try yr. hopefully they taste as nice

@tuna I was drinking HL milk until I realized its solid skimmed milk and thereafter switched to farm house and it kinda taste horrible .

Now I started on formula milk -- Anmum, not too bad.. :)

@verluv and Cloverseed - oh! Didn't think that formula could possibly taste more palatable than fresh milk. I always assumed the other way round. Maybe i'll buy a small tin to try! How do you get the samples?
Solid skimmed milk not recommended?

@tuna I actually prefer HL fresh milk :)

But comparing anmum formula and farmhouse fresh milk, anmum is more manageable..

I saw that you can request for samples via anmum website . You can check it out :)

I could only find anmum at NTUC so I bought that.. But I read online that there are other brands.. Probably have to check out bigger stores and cold storage :)

Me at the oppo end of the spectrum. Love farmhouse milk. Don't like HL milk and formula milk is right at the bottom of list. Heh

Well mommies, I went for my apt yesterday and indeed, the sonographer told me she wouldn't be able to check baby's gender till 20th week (Currently 16th week). Felt disappointed, thought I will be able to know which team I will be in. But I thought I saw something "extra" from the scan.

Well mommies, I went for my apt yesterday and indeed, the sonographer told me she wouldn't be able to check baby's gender till 20th week (Currently 16th week). Felt disappointed, thought I will be able to know which team I will be in. But I thought I saw something "extra" from the scan.

Hello, dun be disappointed ya. What he/she gave you is the standard reply. By week 20, your baby will be even more developed, so easier to see. hopefully your bb is not shy type who use his/her hand and leg to cover. Should that happen (though, highly unlikely), there is still a slim chance that u will not know the gender. But this is rare case

@Cloverseed how lucky you are:) You must be feeling very happy after knowing the gender of your baby

@aaa111 I understand what you meant. it's just that she didn't even bother checking it and just rejected me straight. It's alright, 4 more weeks to go for my detailed scan, by then I should be able to know.

It's ok. We all wait patiently with you.

@ Deceptionist - I'm with you. Eagerly waiting also. Even tried to call up to bring fwd my appt because wait till neck super long, but no slot. Argh!

@ Cloverseed - just requested for samples from Friso and Anmum. Thanks for pointing me in that direction!

My 9 yr leaves things behind without putting them bk n takes along time to finish a task which should be done 1st etc sometimes when I have to nag her to do this n that I may flare up cos I need to hurry her n at times help her to pick up her stuffs which is not v convenient for me to do so. But most of the time now, I control my emotions cos I feel I need to use strength to scold, fetus may get a shock too. Did u find out the reason y ur girl whines more lately? Or perhaps it's due to jealousy n asking for more attention since she knows u r preggy? I'm
Glad mine doesn't show any jealousy nor sticks to me more, although I feel guilty cos there's definitely less body contact now due to the bump. Get ur girl more involved in ur pregnancy , maybe ask her to read stories for u n the baby, let her know the bb enjoy her stories. Let her feel ur bb 's movements or kicks , talk to ur bb about jie jie infront of her, praise her for her good efforts n communicate more with her n show the effort she's still v much loved by u. I do apologize to my girl when I felt it's not necessary to flare up n she will understand. Hope this helps for u
Thanks for sharing ... I dun think she is jealous but perhaps she is having mixed feelings.... I know she is looking forward tons sibling so she is happy to have a sister , at the same time I guess she is also afraid I will love her less?? Coz she asked me a few times if she wild still be the one I loved most when mei Mei is here

Hmmm my doc said mine is a gal when he scanned me on Wednesday when I am 16 weeks ....
We will wait patiently to see which team u r in

@Cloverseed how lucky you are:) You must be feeling very happy after knowing the gender of your baby

@aaa111 I understand what you meant. it's just that she didn't even bother checking it and just rejected me straight. It's alright, 4 more weeks to go for my detailed scan, by then I should be able to know.

You are correct. I understand the frustration. I believe he/she is just try to play safe and play strictly by the book. 4 weeks will pass very fast de. The "thing" you think you saw will only grow longer ya. hee hee

Jia you.

My scan is tomorrow and this is the longest scan break (3weeks). I'm very looking forward to meeting a bigger fellow on screen.

Back