2016/07 July babies

No le, the nurse will stop you once I'm ready for the "pushing". My hubby set up the camera and everything ready but was ask to stop everything.
Quite disappointed.
When I did the KKH maternity tour, we were told we are welcome to film. Can even burn aromatherapy oil if we choose to.

Am surprised GlenE restricts videoing. I will double check with the hospital next week then.

When I did the KKH maternity tour, we were told we are welcome to film. Can even burn aromatherapy oil if we choose to.

Am surprised GlenE restricts videoing. I will double check with the hospital next week then.

That was like 2years back, so I'm not sure if they have changed their regulations.

If can, I would like to video down too...

@3p1m - make noise because of pain also cannot?! Quite ridiculous to give such an instruction.

I'm not brave, it's just that i usually have a high pain threshold, plus the fact that i am deathly afraid of needles, so epidural was definitely out for me. Can't explain the phobia, it's totally irrational. I quite enjoyed the laughing gas though, it made me high and very silly. Was quite out of it for a while, giggling like mad. Told myself second time cannot use so much gas, because it made me so high i can't remember very much about the experience, only that i kicked my doc when he gave me the jab before episiotomy. Unfortunately the second time was an induced birth, which was a lot more painful, so i had no choice but to get high again. Haha!

It's delightful reading about all you mummies past popping stories :)

I'm not that afraid of needles (tattoo, ivf jabs and draw blood are all ok for me). But I'm not sure about intense contraction which I've never experienced. I remember in 2014 I did HSG (a procedure to check if your Fallopian tubes are blocked, prior to ivf) and the cramp I kerna during the procedure was so bad I wanted to cry badly. I can only imagine contraction pain now.

@3p1m - make noise because of pain also cannot?! Quite ridiculous to give such an instruction.

I'm not brave, it's just that i usually have a high pain threshold, plus the fact that i am deathly afraid of needles, so epidural was definitely out for me. Can't explain the phobia, it's totally irrational. I quite enjoyed the laughing gas though, it made me high and very silly. Was quite out of it for a while, giggling like mad. Told myself second time cannot use so much gas, because it made me so high i can't remember very much about the experience, only that i kicked my doc when he gave me the jab before episiotomy. Unfortunately the second time was an induced birth, which was a lot more painful, so i had no choice but to get high again. Haha!

Is it true that if induce or gynae break waterbag, the pain comes like one shot as compare to the waterbag break by itself?
Coz I watched a lot of birth video, most of the time the waterbag break by itself, and the pain is much manageable.
But for my 1st experience, the waterbag was broken by gynae and the pain just come straight to the face which was not like what I think.
The pain comes almost 10mins after the breaking and I totally forgotten the breathing and relaxing and everything.
(Or its just me) haha!!

@ redvel - i honestly felt that the leg cramps i experienced during the later part of pregnancy was a lot worse than the contractions. The leg cramps were so bad i couldn't breathe, i remember many a night thinking to myself as i tried to breathe through the intense leg cramp "where is the freaking epidural when i really need it?!" However, for the labour pains, it was quite bearable. I vaguely recall in my daze caused by the laughing gas, asking the nurses when the real pain would come, and they looked at my contraction charts and asked "girl, not pain enough? Almost hitting maximum already".
I have heard friends sharing ivf experiences that the pain is really unbearable. So i do think if you have gone through all that, labour pains to you should not be too bad. Jiayou! One valuable pc of advice one of the nurses gave me was that i must remember to tell myself to relax through the pain and not freak out. Just breathe through each contraction as normally as possible. It really helped me.

Is it true that if induce or gynae break waterbag, the pain comes like one shot as compare to the waterbag break by itself?
Coz I watched a lot of birth video, most of the time the waterbag break by itself, and the pain is much manageable.
But for my 1st experience, the waterbag was broken by gynae and the pain just come straight to the face which was not like what I think.
The pain comes almost 10mins after the breaking and I totally forgotten the breathing and relaxing and everything.
(Or its just me) haha!!
The pain intensified quite significantly a short while after my water bag was burst manually too. But the pain for induced birth was really a lot more intense compared to a normal birth. Sudden increase in pain level, not easy to tahan in my opinion. Was seriously considering epidural after i was induced, but the thought of the needle going into my spine was too much for me.

Someone was asking about stinging pain while urinating after labour. The nurses taught me to pour water from a bottle gently at the same time while urinating. That helped reduce the sting. Anyone has other tips to share? The pain from the stitches was one pain i remember all too clearly :( it was bad! Do the bottom sprays sold in those shops like Mums n Babes help? Would really like to get one of those sprays this time if it helps.

The pain intensified quite significantly a short while after my water bag was burst manually too. But the pain for induced birth was really a lot more intense compared to a normal birth. Sudden increase in pain level, not easy to tahan in my opinion. Was seriously considering epidural after i was induced, but the thought of the needle going into my spine was too much for me.

Someone was asking about stinging pain while urinating after labour. The nurses taught me to pour water from a bottle gently at the same time while urinating. That helped reduce the sting. Anyone has other tips to share? The pain from the stitches was one pain i remember all too clearly :( it was bad! Do the bottom sprays sold in those shops like Mums n Babes help? Would really like to get one of those sprays this time if it helps.

For me, the nurses ask me to control the pee, pee slowly and don't wait to pee. Just go every like 30mins to try to pee. The flow wouldn't be rushing and also reduce the pain.
For me, the contractions are unbearable, after popped, the rest are manageable. I guess it's really up to individual

Yes to me contraction pain is unbearable.....i had epidural but has bad side effects, shivering n vomiting ...so was in a terrible mess during the emergency c,.. Throwing out while dr cut me up.

But I was able to walk 2 days after the c section

Someone mentioned about fetus weight not long ago? Mine is 129g at 16w. :)

I had epidural for my last delivery. I felt it was godsend way to help with pain relieve. I will still go for it this time. Told my hb that it's the perfect push gift! Heh.

Mistycloud: if your first one is fast, the second one should be faster.

Here my birth story: for my 1st one, I only went hospital when I was 8 cm dilated. As a first time mummy, I don't know when I should admitted. I saw the gynae in the morning and I think he was checking on my dilation and that is the first time, I had a show. But gynae very cool and ask me to admit only in the night after 10.30pm. So I plan to have bak ku teh with my hubby ard 9pm then admit. In the afternoon, I already had cramp which is bearable n I called the nurse and she says it's common. So I waited n waited till my contraction is 5 mins apart, I told my hubby that the pain is getting unbearable le. So we drive to tmc at 7pm n delivered my bb at 830pm!! Haha I also dunno how I can Tahan the pain without any epi n laughing gas. The gynae was laughing and saying luckily I din wait till 10.30 then admit else I may already given birth at home!

My second one was more planned. My gynae scheduled me to be his last patient for the day and after the visit, he sent me to the hospital in his car! I was 4cm dilated and even when I reach the hospital I was still 4 xm dilated. Can see his disappointment. Think he want to deliver me then can go home. Then he broke my water bag. Once the water is broken the pain came in like 5-10 mins and within 30 mins the bb is out!!! Haha

I always told my sis n frens that giving birth is very easy n fast..

Hope my story gives you all some encouragement!!

Oh yes, my delivery was fast because gynae broke my waterbag and I was induced too. Just nice before inducing, I went into labout and had slight contraction already so maybe was going to come out anyway, gynae just made it faster.

My baby is 127g at 15 weeks and I'm 2.6kg heavier. Sheesh....feel so fat. :(

I'm 16wks plus and still lesser than pre preg weight. But my tum is growing bit by bit. I hope i don't need to worry on this right?

So far doc isn't concerned about my weight but I'm seeing him next only at 18wks. Yes me eating fine but just not more than my usual. Maybe that's why can't gain. But if I try to eat more I feel terribly overly bloated and too much for my digestion system.

Just hoping all the weight I lost goes to my bb.

Don't worry, it's normal not to even gain weight or lose weight in the first trimester. Baby doesn't take that much weight at a start, only towards the end.

My 2.6kg is mainly fats on myself, I'm very sure. Afterall, baby is only 127g at this stage!

You can also boil chicken essence for yourself and eat more nutrients packed food for now.

Looking at all the past birth stories of experience mom are really enlightening .:)
Hopefully mine this time round I can make it for ephidural as the last labour I dilated way too fast and by the time we reached the hospital it wAs too late.:(

I could feel everything and thankfully because it was our third child the whole labour from the start of the real pain till end was mere 45mins.
I really hope I can rush to the hospital in time because with each pregnancies the labour hours depleted dramatically for me .

Any working mommies here? How do you guys cope the tiredness and the MS (which may ended up the whole day) while working? I'm feeling so sick, mentally and physically.

Mistycloud thanks for the tips. I have always wanted to try the diy chicken essence. But just too lazy on weekend. I should explore it.

As for working, I just returned back to work this week after 2.5months home rest. I'm so busy I can't think of tiredness at work but when I hit home, bed is all I want for 1-2-hrs before dinner.

Don't worry, it's normal not to even gain weight or lose weight in the first trimester. Baby doesn't take that much weight at a start, only towards the end.

My 2.6kg is mainly fats on myself, I'm very sure. Afterall, baby is only 127g at this stage!

You can also boil chicken essence for yourself and eat more nutrients packed food for now.

I have gained at least 3.5 kg and I'm only 16 weeks. This is with the puking, poor appetite and MS. Very discouraging because i also know the wt is all on me, not baby. Bleh!

I've been eating half an avocado each day, yummy! Brain food for baby i hope, since i cant stand the thought of fish these days. Loving the sparkling ribena drink too: ) anyone taking that? Just the thought of that cheers me up immensely! :)

@ Redvel - agree with Mistycloud. It's fine not to gain at all for the first few months. I only started gaining from the 6th month for my first time. baby came out fine, just a bit smaller, at 2.6 kg.

@verluv, himawari - your births are super! Did you exercise a lot for such quick labours? Share share!

@MistyCloud

We delivered at the same hospital cos we had the same gynae, think of it I wonder if she usually will break waterbag for induced birth . The nurse or assitant was e one who broke it for me cos the dr wasn't ard at that time ( I was not dilated at all)n I rmb I was told to hold on to my own leg/thigh while pushing ( thinking how can no strength)
Hopefully my waterbag will break naturally....it was the worse pain ever!

@eiLeENyoYO
Contraction pain will be much more intense if waterbag broken not naturally. I won't Wana go through that cos I just rmb the person like stuck her whole hand inside n kept digging n digging like forever to break it( feels like that cos I can't see well in the position ). It was the worst pain ever . I breathe in the gas n the pain caused me to black out for a moment.

Luckily contraction lasted 4 hrs I'm not sure how to tahan more than that ... Just kept looking at the clock n asking for my gynae cos she only reached the moment I started pushing. I'm scared of even putting on drip so definitely scared of the epidural injection. I think contraction was made worse with the strap tight ard the tummy

Was taught topee with running water dripping down there to ease the stinging feeling. Of cos after that will be scared so will pee slowly too

Put on 1.1 kg last visit at ard week 16. Gynae didn't mentioned anything too . Overheard one preggy woman who talking to another. Gynae asked her try to gain only 1 kg per month if always hungry eat an apple, n if any bump above belly that's fats, think the woman out on quite a lot of weight heard her appetite was good. Hope I can gain more weight since appetite has improved.

Sorry to digress, can I check if anyone uses OFF! Clip on mosquito repellant during their pregnancy? I am going Hanoi (Vietnam) tomorrow, just want to bring it along in case..

Sorry to digress, can I check if anyone uses OFF! Clip on mosquito repellant during their pregnancy? I am going Hanoi (Vietnam) tomorrow, just want to bring it along in case..

I bought it bt have yet to use it, stated active ingredient metofluthrin 31.2% other ingredients made up the rest...
I'm not sure what e the other ingredients n if they r safe to be used during pregnancy

@3p1m I was already dilated (4cm) when gynae broke my waterbag, I had epidural also so didn't feel much. Maybe you can ask them to do that after epidural if you are going for epidural.

I couldn't even feel myself down there and cannot pee, they have to help me pee by inserting something in. A few times... hahaha... I love epidural. Painless childbirth.

@redvel I actually dislike chicken essence so I'll cook the soup and use it to make porridge or beehoon soup. I had chicken essence porridge before admitting myself into the hospital on day of delivery too. :p

Thanks for easing my mind ladies. This morning was at a client's place and the ladies there had a hard time spotting my bump as they knew I just returned to work for pregnancy issue. But usually at evening after dinner time I feel my tummy damn tight and fuller. Skin is stretching. Keep trying to lookout for stretch mark haa.

Eek I can't stand off shelf chix essence too. I'm sure self cooked is tastier. I think add mian-xian into the soup should be very nice!

Went for 1st Gynae visit on 26Jan.
Thought was in my 7th week.
Tested with clearblue on 28Dec15, indicated 3wks. Menses irregular.
Got a shock when gynae told me baby already 13wks4days. Everything becomes a blur. Did blood test for paranorma and NT scan on the same day. Edd 29 Jul.
Guess i blur like sotong....haha

Oh yes I think I am putting on more weight than I should. Worst still I find that I couldn't fit in most of my old clothes. Juz went shopping and it was $200+ damage.. Hole in the pocket :(

I'm going to see doc on next wed and hopefully I can take 2 days mc from him then I can have super duper long long weekend before Chinese New Year!! Dunno wat excuse to ask mc for.. He he any idea?

I'm going to see doc on next wed and hopefully I can take 2 days mc from him then I can have super duper long long weekend before Chinese New Year!! Dunno wat excuse to ask mc for.. He he any idea?

2 days mc is very very easy to get when you are preggy. Just tell the doctor you feel very tired and would like a 2 day mc to rest. i will be shock if he even ask further or say CANNOT. Cheers

I never took mc for my first 2 pregnancies, i would just go puking my way there with plastic bags in my bags. But for this one, i am so sick of the work that for my last check up, i cut myself some slack, told doctor my stomach has been churning as i'd taken too much spicy food, and he gave me two days mc. So happy.
But tell doc tired can get mc? Serious?

Last visit, I asked my gynae if he thinks my condition is cleared to return to work. He asks me "how do you feel about going back?". I said I feel good and I can go back. He says at any one time I feel tired or need rest just go see him and he will give me mc don't worry about it. I'm still in my first week at work. So far so good. Hope I won't need it la :)

I never took mc for my first 2 pregnancies, i would just go puking my way there with plastic bags in my bags. But for this one, i am so sick of the work that for my last check up, i cut myself some slack, told doctor my stomach has been churning as i'd taken too much spicy food, and he gave me two days mc. So happy.
But tell doc tired can get mc? Serious?

Hello,

Yup just say feel tired is more then enough to obtain 2 days or even more days of MC from i would say 90% of all the gynac in Singapore. The remaining 10% of the Gynac who refuse to give are either super newbiz OR/AND have decided that they are only going to drive a tiny car and live in a tiny rental apartment.

Most gynac will not even blink if you tell him/her you want a week or 2 week worth of MC just to rest, especially so during 1st trimester and toward the end of your full term. To them it is just a different number to write on the MC, but of cos to your bosses & co-worker, they will be panicky ya. hee hee

Cheers

Hello,

Yup just say feel tired is more then enough to obtain 2 days or even more days of MC from i would say 90% of all the gynac in Singapore. The remaining 10% of the Gynac who refuse to give are either super newbiz OR/AND have decided that they are only going to drive a tiny car and live in a tiny rental apartment.

Most gynac will not even blink if you tell him/her you want a week or 2 week worth of MC just to rest, especially so during 1st trimester and toward the end of your full term. To them it is just a different number to write on the MC, but of cos to your bosses & co-worker, they will be panicky ya. hee hee

Cheers
Lol! I love ur analysis aaa111!

Last visit, I asked my gynae if he thinks my condition is cleared to return to work. He asks me "how do you feel about going back?". I said I feel good and I can go back. He says at any one time I feel tired or need rest just go see him and he will give me mc don't worry about it. I'm still in my first week at work. So far so good. Hope I won't need it la :)

Good that u r coping at wrk , guess 2nd trimester will be smooth for u. I'm still feeling fatigue due to insomnia n think slacked too much during bedrest period . Haven't even bought any cny clothings or done any cny preparations !

@MistyCloud is the process of injecting epidural traumatizing ?? I read can help to relieve the procedure by using "laughing gas"? What's your experience like, can tahan?

@Joy10 yah!! That's what I had read before as well! Currently my decision will to go for GA rather than epidural if were to csect. *subject to change if I suddenly have the courage when dates nearer * lol!!!

GA has quite abit of side effects. You won't be fit to care for your child for several hours. Means breastfeeding will be delayed as well. Baby may come out drowsy too

Ok I will tell my gynae. But now Into 2nd trimester liao, dunno whether the gynae will think I'm very geng.. Coz it's going to stretch till Chinese new yr.. But heck la, if really cannot then I go see a GP and get mc... Dun feel like work too hard!

Thanks everyone for the suggestion!! Recently had been feeling very emotional. Read some newspaper article can feel like crying too.. Then recently due to work, hubby has to work on weekend.. Feel so sucky

I also feel more emo this pregnancy. A bit of small things that irritate me and I'll blow. No more tolerance for people whose attitude sucks. Hahaha.. I start to give attitude back and not put up with things. Maybe it's coz I feel lousy physically and don't feel like putting up with any more discomfort.

I don't feel good physically for this pregnancy. Worse than the last one, maybe it;s age catching up.

Ya. No symtoms at all until when i first tested in Dec 15. Only symtoms I have now is only occasional naseus feeling n fatigue. I love to sleep now, everyday after work rush home to sleep.

Lucky you! I already cannot fit into some of my clothes even though I'm slightly below my pre pregnancy weight.. Not to mention those morning sickness, fatigue etc...

My emotional now is very hard to predict, in a minute time I can feel very sad without any reason. I think I'm stressing myself too much. Mommies how do you all let yourself relax and cool down. My hubby going crazy because of my inconsistence mood.

Back