2016/07 July babies

Minneria, sometimes ignorance is a bliss. It's whole 6 weeks you didn't know you were preggie. Haha. Congrats.

I find my mood was bad in first trime. Now I feel great. 1st trime cried a lot.

But now I get leg cramp often in middle of sleep. Have to shout aiyo aiyo; paiseh to have waken hubby up to massage my calve.

I also feel more emo this pregnancy. A bit of small things that irritate me and I'll blow. No more tolerance for people whose attitude sucks. Hahaha.. I start to give attitude back and not put up with things. Maybe it's coz I feel lousy physically and don't feel like putting up with any more discomfort.

I don't feel good physically for this pregnancy. Worse than the last one, maybe it;s age catching up.

Probably it's cos you have your older child to look after this time, hence a lot less luxury of time compared to your first time. Strangely enough, i find myself a lot more even-tempered towards my kids and hb this time. But when it comes to others, especially colleagues and bosses who make bad decisions, i blow up or tell them to their face how badly their work sucks. And I've never been the confrontational kind.

@Deceptionist - it may be good to tell your hb upfront that you have difficulties controlling your emotions with all the hormonal changes going on, and that you really don't mean to snap at him when you do. And when you feel like snapping, try to move away and be by yourself till you are calmer. And tell him its fine to leave you alone at those moments because it's better for both of you).

I did my first trimester screening (Oscar) 3 weeks ago n so far the nurse didn't call me or anything. She only said the doctor will talk to me in my next appointment which is in another 2 weeks. Meanwhile I'm so gan Cheong.

@kitty16 yup yup!! No news means you are doing very fine =) Or you can call your counsellor (not nurse)that is in-charge of your case. My counsellor (Christina) did gave me her contact so I call back n ask. But nevertheless, your result shld be fine if u hear nth =)

Hello,

Thanks for the advice. I called them up and guess what, my report is in too. Low risk and is a boy. i have request them to send me the report. Now i am waiting for mid feb to go to Dr Anandas to do the genetic scan.

Anyway, my panaroma report say

Trisomy 21 1/10000 low risk
Trisomy 18 1/10000 low risk
Trisomy 13 1/10000 low risk
Monosomy X 1/10000 low risk
triploidy/ Vanishing twin Low risk

i think your report also same same ya.

@aaa111 yup yup same same!! I went to Dr Anandas to do the genetic scan too ... kiasu me ~~ !! So afraid of getting false-positive result again from KKH :)
:) When Dr Ananda gave me the 'ALL CLEAR" sign....my heart at ease liao.... :D:D:D

@tuna, yes.. maybe it's age also and my body feels more tired.

But I'm alright with hubby coz he has become even more tolerant this time around. Maybe he saw me mopping around and puking in 1st trimester and crying over small things. Hahaa...

In my 2nd trimester now, I still get slightly pukish now when I'm tired. Not serious but definitely not the high and feel good physically kinda of mood like my 1st pregnancy.

Oh well, it might just be due to age. Hee...

@tuna Yes, I need tell my hubby that my mood swing is getting bad. And hope he will be able to take it till baby's born.

Side track, anyone who did not go for any harmony test or sort and get to know the baby gender before the detailed scan?

@tuna Yes, I need tell my hubby that my mood swing is getting bad. And hope he will be able to take it till baby's born.

Side track, anyone who did not go for any harmony test or sort and get to know the baby gender before the detailed scan?

This is possible, Detail scan is week 20, if you have normal scan that happen closer to these week, and most importantly your bb decide to cooporate with the sonagrapher, you might get to see his/her sexual organ on the screen. bb boys of cos is a lot easier to spot.

@aaa111 yup yup same same!! I went to Dr Anandas to do the genetic scan too ... kiasu me ~~ !! So afraid of getting false-positive result again from KKH :)
:) When Dr Ananda gave me the 'ALL CLEAR" sign....my heart at ease liao.... :D:D:D

Hello, congrats on the ALL clear sign, do you intend to do your detail scan with Dr Anandas or you are go back to KKH to do it. I understand from his nurse that Dr Anandas charge $600 for detail scan, you have any idea how much KKH charge for detail scan for private patient?

Also, if you have time and is willing, can you please kindly share more on your Genetic scan experience. Thank you.

I went for the Verifi test but at 15 weeks, my gynae can tell for sure it's a girl. I read online that if you can see 3 lines, it's a sure thing it is a girl. Of course, baby positioning must be right also.

@kitty16 yup yup!! No news means you are doing very fine =) Or you can call your counsellor (not nurse)that is in-charge of your case. My counsellor (Christina) did gave me her contact so I call back n ask. But nevertheless, your result shld be fine if u hear nth =)

In KKH, i understand that all Panarnoma result/report go thru Christina. You can ask her to email you a copy of the $800 report too.

Hello, congrats on the ALL clear sign, do you intend to do your detail scan with Dr Anandas or you are go back to KKH to do it. I understand from his nurse that Dr Anandas charge $600 for detail scan, you have any idea how much KKH charge for detail scan for private patient?

Also, if you have time and is willing, can you please kindly share more on your Genetic scan experience. Thank you.

@aaa111 I've completed genetic scan with Dr Ananda and he advice me next to go for Fetal Cardio Scan instead cos he saw baby got "symptoms" of high blood pressure flowing from lower part of body and back to heart. For detailed scan, I will still proceed with KKH (kiasu) and charges im unsure .. sorry =(. When Dr Ananda did the genetic scan...he will measure very very very very extremely superb detailed from head to toe about baby (including the finger bone ratio) , blood pressure flowing to and from from heart to upper and lower part of the body , brain size , ear size , skull size , space in between brain and skull , nose bridge angle , eyes distance , tongue , gums , heart beat , blood flow , liver , kidney .... basically scanning thru every single organs den measure placenta , water bag , foot size , umbilical cord .... mine he even measure cervix length cos hub got heart issue ... what i can say is very very very very detailed than KKH. Aft that you will be given 85 or more pictures + 3-5 videos in a CD + 2 copies of your scan results ... den he ask u sit beside and analyse / discuss your worries ... He is very very very patient and funny doc !!! What is can wrap up is...... HE VERY VERY VERY GOOD !!!!!! :)
:)

@aaa111 I've completed genetic scan with Dr Ananda and he advice me next to go for Fetal Cardio Scan instead cos he saw baby got "symptoms" of high blood pressure flowing from lower part of body and back to heart. For detailed scan, I will still proceed with KKH (kiasu) and charges im unsure .. sorry =(. When Dr Ananda did the genetic scan...he will measure very very very very extremely superb detailed from head to toe about baby (including the finger bone ratio) , blood pressure flowing to and from from heart to upper and lower part of the body , brain size , ear size , skull size , space in between brain and skull , nose bridge angle , eyes distance , tongue , gums , heart beat , blood flow , liver , kidney .... basically scanning thru every single organs den measure placenta , water bag , foot size , umbilical cord .... mine he even measure cervix length cos hub got heart issue ... what i can say is very very very very detailed than KKH. Aft that you will be given 85 or more pictures + 3-5 videos in a CD + 2 copies of your scan results ... den he ask u sit beside and analyse / discuss your worries ... He is very very very patient and funny doc !!! What is can wrap up is...... HE VERY VERY VERY GOOD !!!!!! :)
:)

Hello,

Thanks for sharing so much. i appreciate it. Got video some more ah? Not bad. All in how much time you spend at his clinic? Is it craxy waiting time too?

What is this Fetal Cardio Scan? Which week should it be done? How much does it cost? you got me interested. :)

On a separate note, sometime we get so engross with all these expensive test until i am begining to ask myself whether do i really need to know the test result? I mean if i am not going to take any action with the result, then we might be better off to use the $$$ to buy better food for ourselves. Beside all these scan have no ability to correct the situation, only tell you what is likely the situation only :)

@aaa111 yup yup got video recording of what is baby doing when he doing the scan =) hmm...i went during weekday and waiting time is still okay..dun need wait an hour or so....i make appt and come on the spot ... scanning time is minimum 30mins or longer depend on how cooperative baby is....

For the fetal cardio scan , is because my baby show symptoms with heart issue and Dr Ananda was kinda worried because hubby got heart issue too so just wana ensure heart is pumping okay. So not a must to be thru cos it cost another $600 too.

If ya unsure which test or money to "invest" at ... u can speak to the nurse from Dr Ananda clinic. They are very friendly..all auntie-auntie pattern:):)... approachable ... They will ask u bring all the scan/results u hv...den from there they see which test u hv to go thru rather than u repeat the same test again... :):):)

@aaa111 yup yup got video recording of what is baby doing when he doing the scan =) hmm...i went during weekday and waiting time is still okay..dun need wait an hour or so....i make appt and come on the spot ... scanning time is minimum 30mins or longer depend on how cooperative baby is....

For the fetal cardio scan , is because my baby show symptoms with heart issue and Dr Ananda was kinda worried because hubby got heart issue too so just wana ensure heart is pumping okay. So not a must to be thru cos it cost another $600 too.

If ya unsure which test or money to "invest" at ... u can speak to the nurse from Dr Ananda clinic. They are very friendly..all auntie-auntie pattern:):)... approachable ... They will ask u bring all the scan/results u hv...den from there they see which test u hv to go thru rather than u repeat the same test again... :):):)

Thanks babe, hope your fetal cardio scan result will be same sui as the pararnoma and genetic scan.

Thanks dears for the encouragement.;) I enquired and the clinic gave me an all clear! Indeed, no news from them means good news.

I can relax n have a good cny. If not I have to wait until after cny for my next appointment with the doctor to find out.

;)

@aaa111 @MistyCloud yup, I read online that week 16 mostly can see and depending on the baby's position. But take into consideration that I'm under KKH subsidy the doctor who scan normally would not tell me anything they will just say talk to the doctor later. Unless I know how to read ultrasound hahah.

I didn't do any test except for the blood test and I found out 1.5 wks ago at 15 wks plus we are expecting a boy as its pretty obvious if they are willing to cooperate .

Hi ladies, I heard about lemongrass to be avoid during pregnancy .. How about lemongrass diffuser? I got one in my bathroom

I didn't do any test except for the blood test and I found out 1.5 wks ago at 15 wks plus we are expecting a boy as its pretty obvious if they are willing to cooperate .
Really? My next apt will be next Thursday which is my 16th week, I hope I can see if there is a banana or no banana. Baby please cooperate :):)

Really? My next apt will be next Thursday which is my 16th week, I hope I can see if there is a banana or no banana. Baby please cooperate :):)
Yea I also saw the little thing on my last appt at week 14. Actually I got talk to my baby before the appt and ask him to let me know the gender. Maybe u wanna talk to your baby too :p

So far I've never seen my bb genital angle scan. Hope next Sat at 18weeks I can get to see 3 lines. Just wanna see how it looks on scan although I already know the gender :)

Emk I heard about the talking to bb. The night before the NT scan, we also talked to bb to be cooperative. She did in the end and our scan was over quite quickly. Heh.

Yea I also saw the little thing on my last appt at week 14. Actually I got talk to my baby before the appt and ask him to let me know the gender. Maybe u wanna talk to your baby too :p
Well then I should start talking to baby now till next week. *kiasu abit. Because my bump just started to get visible, I'm also worried if baby is too small size as of 16th week.

@aaa111 @MistyCloud yup, I read online that week 16 mostly can see and depending on the baby's position. But take into consideration that I'm under KKH subsidy the doctor who scan normally would not tell me anything they will just say talk to the doctor later. Unless I know how to read ultrasound hahah.

I think it got nothing to do with your subsidies status, typically the one who do the scan is the sonographer, he or she is not your gynac so will just keep quiet and do the scan and prepare the report for your gynac to read and explain to you.

Regarding gender, it is really 101% dependent on whether your baby decide to turn around to allow the scan to capture the sexual organ area. There is no harm asking the sonographer, some will not say, but if your baby happen to be in a nice position and his organ can be seen clearly, i believe the sonographer will tell you but only if you ask. So please ask ask ask. ya

enjoy

Well then I should start talking to baby now till next week. *kiasu abit. Because my bump just started to get visible, I'm also worried if baby is too small size as of 16th week.

Don't worry. It may just mean your tummy muscles are tight. my bump was small back then. Its a different case now and I prefer a small bump, neat and cute and don't have to dear stretch mark or back pain.

I love to see whether it's a boy or girl too.. Waiting patiently for next week scan.

And yes I do leg cramp almost every nite. I thought that's quite bad since we r only 2nd trimester. I rem the last 2 preg, I can tong till 3rd tri then start to have leg cramp. Anyway jus now went China town shopping and walk for 4 hrs... Now super tired. I soak my leg in warm water for 5 mins coz my elder girl keep disturbing me!! Later ask my hubby to massage for me before I sleep.. Hee hee

I think it's more exciting to finding out gender from scan than from NIPT, although it comes later. Enjoy the moment to those who are waiting!

Today hubby examined my tum and he says there are now obvious veins. So i googled and found out oh it's common during pregnancy. Anyone got more veins showing up now?

I love to see whether it's a boy or girl too.. Waiting patiently for next week scan.

And yes I do leg cramp almost every nite. I thought that's quite bad since we r only 2nd trimester. I rem the last 2 preg, I can tong till 3rd tri then start to have leg cramp. Anyway jus now went China town shopping and walk for 4 hrs... Now super tired. I soak my leg in warm water for 5 mins coz my elder girl keep disturbing me!! Later ask my hubby to massage for me before I sleep.. Hee hee

Have ur legs propped up on a pillow or wear compression stockings. I get cramps even with my hub's massage during my #1 days!

Are you all doing your manicure and pedicure for cny? Gosh I have not cut my hair , didn't do any mani and pedi,..... Dunno what to wear for cny too..

Are you all doing your manicure and pedicure for cny? Gosh I have not cut my hair , didn't do any mani and pedi,..... Dunno what to wear for cny too..

I think cutting hair is fine. Usually mummies will cut their hair short before giving birth...easier to maintain during confinement. Just dun dye or do any chemical treatment as it might seep into the scalp. For mani/pedi, i dun find that an issue, should be fine as long as you comfortable.

I went for hair cut/color and pedicure and shopping spree once I crossed over my 1st trime heh. I'm all ready for CNY.

I cut my hair in early jan...now fringe is long again! Will see if I can get an appt for pedi

Been too busy with work

I'm still having a little morning sickness (now week 14+) and still not much appetite. (Hardly finish 3 basic meals) I still dislike the taste of plain water but I found out the taste of tap water is slightly better than boiled water! So strange right? ;( I really do drink the tap water, no choice whatever works cos drinking very little water

I'm drinking lesser water for this one too.. Dunno why I used to love drinking water but now the tot of it makes me sick..

Today I just went to tmc and saw my sis in law who juz pop.. The bb is soooo cute and feel like giving birth too..

As for cny, I din cut my hair nor mani or pedicure.. Too busy with my 2 girls n work.. Think after giving birth must pamper myself more

I'm still having a little morning sickness (now week 14+) and still not much appetite. (Hardly finish 3 basic meals) I still dislike the taste of plain water but I found out the taste of tap water is slightly better than boiled water! So strange right? ;( I really do drink the tap water, no choice whatever works cos drinking very little water

How about of the water is hot or icy? I prefer my water much better either way, can't stand the taste of rm temp water.

Same same! I wonder when will the ms stops. Sigh.

I juz can't stand it if it's tasteless but on the other hand I'm afraid that I drink too much sweet drinks and ganna gd.

hi mommies can i ask what tonic do you start taking after 2nd tri? my fridge have the following ingredients but not sure which to avoid and which can take in moderation:

-red dates, dried longan, gou qizi
-danggui
-gingseng
-cordysep & cordysep flower
-dangsheng 黨參
- chicken essence (my fave!)

i also like black chicken soup but not sure if we can drink during preg? :)

Dionet my mil says she will only cook tonic soup from week20, not from 2nd trime.

I also don't know what exactly she will make then. Maybe some other experienced mummies can share.

Was told dang gui is a big no no. My mum has been making double boiled chicken essence with pao sheng for me since week 13. Few times with black chicken and dunno isn't coincidence that when I took black chicken, I had spotting next day. A friend just told me that her TCM advise to take tonic from week 20. So I'm stopping tonic for now till week 20. Probably will avoid black chicken.

I have been taking bottled chicken essence on/off since first tri. Boost my energy.

Back