2016/07 July babies

swu

Hello ladies and mummies

Thought to start a thread for expectant mummies due in July 2016.. I just did my beta hCG test 2 days ago and got positive results (121). Currently 4 weeks and 6 days along. Due date estimated to be early July 2016?

It's my first pregnancy and to be honest it's rather unnerving! Hence thought to head over here for some moral support :) Anyone else due in July too?

Congrats to u.. I jus pee on a stick n saw 2 faint lines. Really faint lines so going to test again next week.
How come yours is on beta hcg? U mean u took a blood test?
I haven start any on folic acid yet so going to head to unity to buy folic acid later! Rem to take your folic acid!

@verluv Thank you! Yes been taking folic acid daily (bought the 5mg one from Unity too) and now, prenatal vitamins from New Obimin. Oh I did the pee sticks as well.. Got faint lines too but missed my period (which is always regular) so went to get the blood test done (beta hCG) which confirmed the pregnancy..

Hope the results are positive for you too!

Hi, was waiting for someone to start this July baby cos Edd calculator shows my edd in July, tested positive with a preg kit this morning bt would only get to see gynae in abt 10 days time. Feeling kind of surreal n paranoid as my 1st birth was 8 years back...

Wow so many of you gals went for blood test.. I dun remember going for blood test for all my pregnancy..

I'm trying to wait till I'm 6th weeks before I'm going to see my gynae since only then can hear heartbeat.

Finally a July baby thread!

I'm 5 weeks plus almost 6 weeks. Didn't take any blood test, just peed on 2 sticks last week, a week after I'd missed my period.

Went to see a gyne today and all's good. She did a scan, nth in there yet, but the sac is definitely formed, and a tiny white dot could be seen.

First pregnancy and also v clueless. My EDD shld be early July. Doc would give me a more accurate date on my next appt 3 wks later.

Nice to meet all of you too! :)

Hi may I know what supplements did ur gynaes prescribe for those who have seen their gynaes as my appointment will be in another 1 week plus, wondering if I should get some supplements on my own now thanks

@3p1m Dun think need to take any supplement now. Juz take folic acid one tablet daily

@elitezjaz I dun have any syptoms now.. Juz some full cramps now and then. N I think breast a bit fuller

By the way, care to share how u all feeling during the 2 ww? Any difference from most of your menses cycle?

3p1m - My gynae prescribed folic pills (compulsory) and duphaston (as I have history of mc) on my first visit at 4 weeks. Prenatal vits she says still not necessary...umm...

Elitezjas - which week n days you at now? I am 6w+ today, nauseous started hit me on 5w..

this is my first pregnancy too :D

By the way Rinko how do u know your edd? Was it given by the doc or using the website to estimate?

I also ask my gynae if need other prenatal, he says jus eat normally.. I'm prescribed folic acid n utrogestan (progesteron, got history of chemical)

@JJade I'm at 5w+ jus feeling more tired

@verluv I rem I've cramps on dpo 11,12 I guess maybe implantation?

I've been taking folic acid from Guardian.. for a couple of months alr before successful conception. I thought my doc would prescribe me some but she said I could just continue taking the ones I have, those are sufficient.

No major symptoms so far.. just feeling a little sore in my pelvis, but doc says it's perfectly normal. I'm hoping that if by now (6 wks) I dun have morn sickness means I won't get any alr. *cross fingers*

Ok thanks all think I will get folic acid 1st since I don't eat a lot of veggies, e week before felt some slight discomfort ard left side, breast fuller n gets hungry more , basically that's it, fatigue still e same as pre preg as I'm light sleeper wif insomnia

I've been taking folic acid from Guardian.. for a couple of months alr before successful conception. I thought my doc would prescribe me some but she said I could just continue taking the ones I have, those are sufficient.

No major symptoms so far.. just feeling a little sore in my pelvis, but doc says it's perfectly normal. I'm hoping that if by now (6 wks) I dun have morn sickness means I won't get any alr. *cross fingers*

Haha yea I also hope so.. fingers crossed!
Btw when will u all start engaging confinement lady? Or any other planning? Super kiasu lol

Haha yea I also hope so.. fingers crossed!
Btw when will u all start engaging confinement lady? Or any other planning? Super kiasu lol

No la... I'll just slowly see as it goes. I really have no idea what to plan next so I'm relying on my colleagues and friends to advise me on what to do next.

@verluv During the 2ww, I experienced a few things: 1) some light spotting which I understood to be implantation bleeding? That was around Day 21/22 if I take the 1st day of my last period as Day 1.
2) There was 1 night, probably Day 28 where I had acid reflux (heartburn symptoms).. Felt my chest was tight and congested. Searched online and found that could be a sign of early pregnancy...
3) This is super weird but we had an old friend send me a text on Day 29 that he had a dream the night before.. That I was pregnant. This was before any pee sticks etc and before my period was due so I was pleasantly surprised. But made me wonder if it could be true!

Hi all, found out I'm pregnant. And base on some pregnancy application I'm 5weeks 4 days. Edd would be on 7th July 2016. I'm wondering when should be the first visit to the gynae be ? And any good and affordable gynae recommend ? Prefer to deliver in mt a.

Hi all, found out I'm pregnant. And base on some pregnancy application I'm 5weeks 4 days. Edd would be on 7th July 2016. I'm wondering when should be the first visit to the gynae be ? And any good and affordable gynae recommend ? Prefer to deliver in mt a.

Welcome! I oso use online app edd 6Jul16 so we r very close :) but my gynae at TMC

I am not planning to engage confinement lady as my mother in law will be helping me.
I think I'm going to visit a gynae end of the week since I'm on leave. But that will only be week 5. Dun think can hear any heartbeat yet.
If everything is ok as in not much syptoms and no spotting, best to see gynae at week 6 when can hear heartbeat.

Mistycloud: dun be apprehensive coz with one year gap it's quite common. Dun worry too much n take things when it comes. Ask your hubby to give u a hand..
Having one is a god's gift... :)

Hi, I just tested myself last week when I missed my period by 3 days and had spotting ( I had flu vaccine taken that day), the result was negative. When I took this morning (a week since I missed my period), it showed positive. Hubby insists on taking me to the GP tomorrow and I am wondering should we go to a GP or a gynae? I do not have any gynae as well, so I am feeling a bit lost.

Hi EugeniaL is the pregnancy test kit results obvious? Actually if u r going to see a gp, they will also let u take a pregnancy test kit. N also they will ask u take a blood test. If u go to a gynae most prob they will scan u.. But since it's only 5 weeks they won't be able to hear heartbeat too. If u dun mind the wait and u dun feel unusual then I suggest u go next week. But if u want a piece of mind n dun mind spending $$ then u can drop by a gynae if it's very clear on the hpt that u r preggy.

@EugeniaL in my opinion play safe is go gynae if ure worried jus in case u need any additional support and verluv is right gp will only take blood test, some take one day to return results

@Silly monkey very excited rite .. ya I was aldy with a gynae previously cos I need additional support like progesterone but so far this round only do blood test, this sat will scan hopefully can see smtg.. Btw I'm using "what to expect" app.. It will count the wk n days.. Share if u found other interesting one

Last edited:
@elitezjaz: ya very excited right.. Seems like days pass so slowly.. How I wish I'm in my 6th week so that I can go n see a doc n hear the heartbeat..

They say if the heartbeat is faster, it's a girl. N if the heartbeat is not so fast, it will be a boy..

Anyone vying for any gender?

@Silly monkey and first-time mummies looking for cheaper alternatives,

Apart from KKH, you can check out gynaes at your neighbourhood. The pros is they are near you place and anytime you need to check out any suspected anomalies, you can get an appointment soon or walk-in, and you do not have to travel far. Secondly, they are more inexpensive as compared to those whose offices are at a medical centre or hospital, e.g novena medical centre or TMC.

I stay in Tampines and there are 2 popular gynaes there. Mine was Dr Loke Kah Leong from Singapore Women's Clinic. He's very pro and experienced! Delivered both my kids. The nurses are very kind. Usually need to wait, but if you stay in the east or near Tampines, then don' have to travel far.

Verluv Ya slow til no mood to work now plus cannot tell coll n friends yet .. Waiting til 12wks so it's kinda hard lol

First either gender is ok for me but interesting didn't know abt the heartbeat rate thingy. What's the rate for fast n not so fast hehe

Hi EugeniaL is the pregnancy test kit results obvious? Actually if u r going to see a gp, they will also let u take a pregnancy test kit. N also they will ask u take a blood test. If u go to a gynae most prob they will scan u.. But since it's only 5 weeks they won't be able to hear heartbeat too. If u dun mind the wait and u dun feel unusual then I suggest u go next week. But if u want a piece of mind n dun mind spending $$ then u can drop by a gynae if it's very clear on the hpt that u r preggy.
Hello @verluv, yah it showed quite fast on the kit and its not those faint line. I am in a bit of shock cause I did tell my hubby maybe we can start trying (cos if *touch wood* we have issues conceiving at least we know early and seek help early). But I really didn't expect it during our first month of trying and usually my period comes like a clockwork but now is 8 days late..

I am hoping for a girl this time round ,coz #1 is a boy.
But again if it's a boy again, its still fine, coz most importantly is babies are healthy.
Regards to the heatbeat theory, i think not accurate to me. My boy heartbeat was 170 above...

According to conceived date my Edd will be 6 July but may change when I see e gynae, I'm living in tampines too, bt saw dr Heng previously so will be seeing her too as she delivers in parkway east more convenient as it is in the east, and most importantly I'm comfortable with a female gynae,hoping everything is alright at the check up, by the time I get to see her will be ard 6 weeks plus or 7 week, preferred a diff gender frm the 1st but being healthy is the most important now,if cost is a factor may consider referral to kkh? Bt I don't think get to choose gynae,if not either u fix a gynae u r comfortable with n follow him/her to deliver at the hospital he/she does or if u prefer a certain hospital to deliver then make do with the available gynaes who deliver there

Hi All

I had tested once on friday to have very faint line hence i tested it today and confirmed i am pregnant. This is my no 3. I started to feel giddy and bloated since yesterday.. look like my morning sickness going to start soon which will be the same as my 1st 2 pregnancy.

Hi All

I had tested once on friday to have very faint line hence i tested it today and confirmed i am pregnant. This is my no 3. I started to feel giddy and bloated since yesterday.. look like my morning sickness going to start soon which will be the same as my 1st 2 pregnancy.

Congrats @apple_gal... Yikes hopefully the nausea will not be so bad for your 3rd pregnancy... Take care!

Hi all!

I just tested and got a really faint line. Will continue to wait out for the next 1-2 weeks before I try another test though I feel like I am preggy...nausea and all...This will be my #3....#1 is 10 yrs old, #2 is 8 months and I'm still breastfeeding my #2.

Btw congrats all!

Hi,

I heard my mom said that if heartbeat above 120, most likely to be a girl; if above 120, most likely to be a boy.

However, may not be true always.

My friend's heartbeat during pregnancy last year was always 150 plus, though it slowed down in the latter part of pregnancy, I think 3rd trimester, and she ended up with a boy.

Her cousin, the heartbeat of baby was 150 plus and increased during the latter part of her pregnancy, and she ended up with a gal.

Reactions: swu

Back