2016/07 July babies

Mine only sucks right hand and watches her left hand In amusement at the same time. Started with fist wk ago but now exploring fingers.

Bubbles has been licking her hands for the past few weeks, but not quite sucking it yet, mostly when she's hungry or waiting for me to complete her diaper change. Only this morning did I hear a bit of sooksook sounds.....

My boy suck until very loud sometimes, zuk zuk zuk sound. On one hand I'm enjoying listening, one another I hate to keep wiping his face and fist o_O

When at inlaws', they tend to stop/discourage my bb to suck her hands. Citing many reasons in future to deal with. Tell me to give pacifier.

But sucking hand is a kind of self soothe and I'm not planning to give pacifier. And sucking is just a phase which will pass. When they grow abit bigger just give teether toys. So now just have to diligently clean her hands and face lor.

I find she starts to suck in middle of night while sleeping. Not hungry one as I tried feeding (wasted a bottle). Any bbs also do that ?

Sorry need to ask... Who posted the FB link on the good offer rompers? Can share the link again?

We've decided to put LO at IFC next month (when she is 3.5months. At least bigger a bit then compared to last round consideration). And we have now two homes to travel to so need to really buy extra stuff for her to put at 3 places.

Reactions: KWL
When at inlaws', they tend to stop/discourage my bb to suck her hands. Citing many reasons in future to deal with. Tell me to give pacifier.

But sucking hand is a kind of self soothe and I'm not planning to give pacifier. And sucking is just a phase which will pass. When they grow abit bigger just give teether toys. So now just have to diligently clean her hands and face lor.

I find she starts to suck in middle of night while sleeping. Not hungry one as I tried feeding (wasted a bottle). Any bbs also do that ?

My baby started sucking mitten and can be very loud! He is also sleeping better and longer. I wonder if his 3mo growth spurt is over?

I did not offer pacifier for no1, so he self soothe by sucking thumb, even up till now at 2yo... He only does it when he is going to sleep/nap. So does not affect his social interaction with others...

Morning ladies.

Anyone returning or has returned to work?

What's your morning routine like since then with your LO?

Might be returning to work after mid Oct on a part time basis. HB offered to clear his CCL + AL, so for 3 weeks I would be working 3-day week while HB clears 2 days/week. He still have plenty left btw, every year gotta forfeit leave.

I need to reserve my leave for his overseas trip because it coincides with childcare closure. 2 vs 1 for that 2 days!

Managed to 2 vs 1 on Sunday while HB works, no1 was very sensible and manageable. So thankful for him!

Still thinking about the morning routine and how to take over dropping no1 otw to work and HB stays home w no2. And another routine when both are in Childcare...

@Sa_rahhhh I got the same thing from kiddy place but my baby quickly lost his interest to it after only one day :( how old is your boy? Maybe mine is still too young to enjoy it.
@snowfern thanks for inspiring us! I made some similar black & white cards and replaced the toys with them to the mobile, and it successfully caught my baby's attention for quite long. But mine is really a simple shabby one lol.

Mummies do u have any friend who's going to transfer their helper?
Or do u have any good maid agencies to recommend ?
Just decided to hire a helper to take care of my baby together with MIL after I start working. After searching and reading many horrible stories I kinda got lost on this ..
And MIL wish she can come to help asap.. Kind of urgent

Last edited:
My LO is a happy baby except when feeding. Almost all feeds (unless super hungry) she cries and pushes the teat out but I have to be persistent then few seconds later she will drink. However doesn't drink much. For past week or two, she only drinks averagely 70-80per feed every 3-4hrs. Once a while can still drink 100-110. But It doesn't look like she enjoys drinking like that.

She doesn't spit or vomit milk. But is this sign of reflux? If so, what's the cure? Does this warrant a visit to PD? She is still gaining weight at 50percentile but just wondering what I should do to make her enjoy drinking.

My LO is a happy baby except when feeding. Almost all feeds (unless super hungry) she cries and pushes the teat out but I have to be persistent then few seconds later she will drink. However doesn't drink much. For past week or two, she only drinks averagely 70-80per feed every 3-4hrs. Once a while can still drink 100-110. But It doesn't look like she enjoys drinking like that.

She doesn't spit or vomit milk. But is this sign of reflux? If so, what's the cure? Does this warrant a visit to PD? She is still gaining weight at 50percentile but just wondering what I should do to make her enjoy drinking.
It might be the teat? Perhaps it's time to graduate to the next size?

@Sa_rahhhh I got the same thing from kiddy place but my baby quickly lost his interest to it after only one day :( how old is your boy? Maybe mine is still too young to enjoy it.
@snowfern thanks for inspiring us! I made some similar black & white cards and replaced the toys with them to the mobile, and it successfully caught my baby's attention for quite long. But mine is really a simple shabby one lol.
Til now my bb still gets mesmerized by the black and white mobile! It may be simple, but so effective! I think it's the contrast that makes it easier for them to see, when their vision improves I'm sure it will go on the backburner XD I also bought a simple rattle/music/noise toy, she lost interest in it after a few minutes too :( will rotate the toys so I don't need to buy so many....maybe she will be like her parents, attention span of a gnat haha

Mummies do u have any friend who's going to transfer their helper?
Or do u have any good maid agencies to recommend ?
Just decided to hire a helper to take care of my baby together with MIL after I start working. After searching and reading many horrible stories I kinda got lost on this ..
And MIL wish she can come to help asap.. Kind of urgent
Don't know of any transfer maids, but I sent you a pm on the maid agency I go to.

Bubbles is generally a happy baby, but the colic does get to her :( right now, all I can do is give her biogaia and keep her upright for 30 mins after each feed. Siong, considering she has been on a 2-2.5 hr feeding schedule, my back and shoulders are aching from having to tote her everywhere. Not to mention nipples, got my first bleb yesterday too :(

put her in the bouncer earlier so I could have my lunch, and she was kept entertained more by my blanket than her new toy! It is the first time I've seen her reach for anything, then cooing and
IMG_20160920_130014.jpg
bouncing in excitement and touching it over and over again!

Mine love sucking her fist too.. Can really hear the Zuk Zuk sound too.. So cute. I dun remember my 1st 2 actually sucking their fist but now I read that so many babies here suck fist.. So monkey babies love sucking fist??
I'm one of the bad mummies that do not buy any toys for my girl yet.. Maybe I should try to buy some instead of making some since I always fail in art.

Ooh I never thot if it. Thought she unwell or what :( I've the next level teats i stocked up that's say 3mthplus. Gonna wash n try.

Thanks so much.
Redvel have you tried to upgrade your teat? Mine always will push out the teat for a while before starting to drink the milk. She always can't finish the milk I gave her and I have to put in warmer till half to one hour later before I gave her again. My mum says that wil cause wind in her stomach. Is that true? I dun bear to throw away my bm leh..

Redvel have you tried to upgrade your teat? Mine always will push out the teat for a while before starting to drink the milk. She always can't finish the milk I gave her and I have to put in warmer till half to one hour later before I gave her again. My mum says that wil cause wind in her stomach. Is that true? I dun bear to throw away my bm leh..
Lol maybe indeed monkey bbs like zoot zoot fist.

I just fed her with the upgraded teat. Omg if only I asked earlier here. She guzzled down 100ml without fussing. Since 230am feed she has been taking ml of 80/70/80/70 and now all 100ml. Next feed I will up 110ml and hope this is really the solution.

Even FM leftover I also keep aside up to 1hr to feed her. So far doesn't cause any problem leh.

I'm still using newborn teats, so far no complain from my boy. :D Going 3 months soon, time really flies~ why babies grow up so fast?!

Just read all the posts and saw all the pics.

I must say Wow! All the little ones have grown so much! Jiayou everyone! It is extremely heartening to see how our efforts and sleepless nights have paid off.

My little one is also sucking fingers. Have not introduced pacifier as my mum felt that it is a habit that will be hard to kill later.

As for toys, I gave my baby a light weight rattler some weeks back. And that could keep the little one entertained for a while. More recently, I noticed that the baby has tendency to shove the toy into mouth to zuk zuk also!

image.jpeg

And then we did a "baby spa" at home. Soaked the little one inside for less than 10mins and it was so relaxing that the little one knocked out for 4 hours before crying for milk and dozing off again right after drinking. It was such a relaxing Saturday for us!

I'm still using newborn teats, so far no complain from my boy. :D Going 3 months soon, time really flies~ why babies grow up so fast?!
Yup very fast. I have to upgrade my boy's teat. Newborn teat, he has to suck very strong n take almost 30mins to finish his milk. Now 20mins he can finish. Happier baby too

Now my LO takes not more than 5mins to finish 100ml. Woohoo. Thanks for the teat upgrade advice!

Thanks Kwl for sharing that pic as it reminds me I have hand held rattles passdown that I need to search and wash for her to use :). And I'm waiting to collect baby spa too. Can't wait to see her enjoy it (I hope. Since she loves bong bong time).

Any one taking tonic/supplements? Just weighed my boy today and he's Abt 6.1kg... Last weighed 2 weeks ago 6kg... Thot his growth spurt is over but slow weight gain, perhaps my milk is not nutritious enough...

Baby spa is those big tub where babies float in? I'm also thinking to bring him go play play but don't know whether it's too early for him to enjoy haha~

@candymoshi I'm not taking any tonics now, just eat more (guilty of having more meals nowadays). Weight gain is not linear as they grow older. I think as long as they are still growing, your milk is still nutritious for him :)

image.jpeg

This type. Comes with a neck float. So u just fill it with water and place the baby in. If your little one enjoys bathing, chances are, the little one will love this spa. Home version is much cheaper than the ones that shopping centre.

Can even recycle the water by washing clothes, wash toilet, bathing ourselves. And maybe wash curtain. Hahahaha

Same same here. Little one's weight pretty stagnant these few weeks. Eating lesser too. Took the chance to build milk stash.

Mummies feeding enfa, do you know if they sell in smaller tins instead of 900g? I went to the ntuc near my place, dun see small tins. Only similac has.

Want to get a small tin as back up in case LO doesn't want frozen bm as I am returning to work next week...reducing my pump sessions to twice a day now....

View attachment 657925

This type. Comes with a neck float. So u just fill it with water and place the baby in. If your little one enjoys bathing, chances are, the little one will love this spa. Home version is much cheaper than the ones that shopping centre.

Can even recycle the water by washing clothes, wash toilet, bathing ourselves. And maybe wash curtain. Hahahaha
So tempted! I love swimming, and she seems to enjoy bath time too, is the spa v big? Can u enter w bb?

Mummies feeding enfa, do you know if they sell in smaller tins instead of 900g? I went to the ntuc near my place, dun see small tins. Only similac has.

Want to get a small tin as back up in case LO doesn't want frozen bm as I am returning to work next week...reducing my pump sessions to twice a day now....
Indeed hard to find the smallest tin. So far I can't find at ntuc Thomson but can get from Giant Sembawang SC.

View attachment 657925

Hi

May I know where did you buy this?
I wanted a deep one so they can kick their legs. Tia

I got it from cold storage causeway point.

Have have. Enfa now is more expensive than similac. U prefer enfa? I prefer similac but my boy after taking constipation.

Have have. Enfa now is more expensive than similac. U prefer enfa? I prefer similac but my boy after taking constipation.
Thanks mummies, will check out giant sembawang!

@pigelet02, no preference but seems like more mummies using enfa, so thinking of giving her that,.... I tried similac during her first month when she is still not fully on bm and she doesn't seem to like it much

Just afraid she doesn't like the frozen.....there is a fishy smell in my frozen bm

@snowfern HAHA I bought a cooler bag from qoo10 and just now the delivery came. My mil was playing with bb and when she saw the parcel first thing she said, you bought something again ah? what did you buy this time round?

Every time there's delivery, she just nice happen to be at my house. Guilty max for doing too much online shopping. :p

@snowfern HAHA I bought a cooler bag from qoo10 and just now the delivery came. My mil was playing with bb and when she saw the parcel first thing she said, you bought something again ah? what did you buy this time round?

Every time there's delivery, she just nice happen to be at my house. Guilty max for doing too much online shopping. :p
Ha! I live with my mil but hb is the online shopaholic, so I use him as scapegoat ;9

On another note, bb is starting to shed hair at 9w4d...isn't this a bit soon? Means it will be my turn too sigh..

Last edited:
Ha! I live with my mil but hb is the online shopaholic, so I use him as scapegoat ;9

On another note, bb is starting to shed hair at 9w4d...isn't this a bit soon? Means it will be my turn too sigh..

I alr start shedding hair... Didn't notice bb's hair tho? His hair so short and fine... I can see my hair all over!

To give you a better idea - It looks just like this!

View attachment 658034
Thanks mummies, will check out giant sembawang!

@pigelet02, no preference but seems like more mummies using enfa, so thinking of giving her that,.... I tried similac during her first month when she is still not fully on bm and she doesn't seem to like it much

Just afraid she doesn't like the frozen.....there is a fishy smell in my frozen bm

My husband got enfamil from bugis cold storage. We also got it as standby.

I am also worried that my little one will reject frozen breast milk. I have a few plans. Two weeks before I return to work, I shall :

1. Try serving maybe 50ml of frozen breast milk to test if little one drinks Anot. If reject, at least heart not that pain. Can use the remaining to soak baby's legs.

2. If plan 1 (100% fbm) fails, I shall Serve frozen breast milk mix with fresh breast milk or fridge breast milk. And slowly increase the proportion of frozen breast milk over time. No choice but to somehow make the little one accept frozen breast milk by hook or by crook because it is liquid gold. Very precious and hard to squeeze out.

3. Formula as the last resort.

On a side note, For Full breastfeeding mums, how do u pack your breastmilk? According to the little one's feed or based on whatever you pump out.

Do U plan to exclusively breastfeed for 6mths? i worried that my stash not enough to use ;(

Mine aso start shedding hair. Can see it on the rocker and when bathing. I aso find it abit early. So I guess I will be dropping hair soon. Sianz

To give you a better idea - It looks just like this!

View attachment 658034

My husband got enfamil from bugis cold storage. We also got it as standby.

I am also worried that my little one will reject frozen breast milk. I have a few plans. Two weeks before I return to work, I shall :

1. Try serving maybe 50ml of frozen breast milk to test if little one drinks Anot. If reject, at least heart not that pain. Can use the remaining to soak baby's legs.

2. If plan 1 (100% fbm) fails, I shall Serve frozen breast milk mix with fresh breast milk or fridge breast milk. And slowly increase the proportion of frozen breast milk over time. No choice but to somehow make the little one accept frozen breast milk by hook or by crook because it is liquid gold. Very precious and hard to squeeze out.

3. Formula as the last resort.

On a side note, For Full breastfeeding mums, how do u pack your breastmilk? According to the little one's feed or based on whatever you pump out.

Do U plan to exclusively breastfeed for 6mths? i worried that my stash not enough to use ;(
I have pack mixed, initially was whatever I have pumped out, then subsequently I go by 80/90 ml pack....
My gal doesn't drink much...I think the stash can last her 2 months if she is ok with frozen,
Will only pump twice a day morning before work and at night when I am back at work

Back