2016/07 July babies

Redvel - yup, microbirdy spotted during my gf's scan :) Congrats on your BT results, certainly a relief. Happy for you! I'm thankful for my results too.
My bump is really prominent, maybe it's number 3 or i could just be really bloated. Tryimg very hard to hide my bump under layered tops and a jacket at work.
I drink ice water all the time, lots and lots of ice in my glass, can't really take room temp water. Best is sprite or 7-up with salt. Yum!
Anyone can feel any fetal movements yet? I know we normally start feeling from around wk 18, but what i feel coincides with the noise level. The noisier it is outside, the more action i feel. I really dont know whether it's just gas. Watched Ip Man and there was so much "bubbling" inside I had to slouch to get comfortable. Can anyone share?

Hell0panda - do make sure you have plastic bags around. Sorry, don't mean to sound discouraging, but it's necessary so you have something to puke into. I have plastic bags in my pockets, bags. Whenever the feeling comes, I whip one out, even if it means I'm puking while sitting in my workstation. see if your gynae can give you anti-vomiting pills to help you.

i look very pregnant too lol. i think it's cos it's #3 plus the bloating in first trimester!

I think for first time mtb it won't be so soon (1st trime) to feel bb movement? So nice you're feeling it already Tuna. I wonder how if feels...

Just took my plunge and called PEM because I'm hoping I can get my chosen CL. I did ask PEM if I'm too early, she says no. The CL ends her assignment in June so if I I'm not too far off from my EDD, I will have chance to get her. I hope. The consultant will drop by my place next week.

Anyone booked one yet?

I booked mine with PEM last month as I was worried that the CL will not be available. PEM was my 2nd choice as my preferred one was already booked when I called! :(

@tuna yup I've prepared some plastic bags in my bag but my colleagues are not aware of my pregnancy yet hence I'll try not to vomit in front of them where possible..

@redvel I'm thinking of using PEM too but will not be choosing the lady.

@fishiefish same same. I stopped taking meat for days already because they look and taste horrible when they end up in the toilet bowl. Can't wait for ms to end man. I dare not go out on xmas eve and new year eve because of ms. Haven't been visiting my parents n parents in law for a mth cus I don't feel good n they stay very far away.

@hellopanda

Oh dear, I hope u feel better soon... Maybe u can try taking some sour food to help, I now keep a bottle of 无花果 in my bag all the time so whenever the nauseous feeling appear, I hurry take a few and the sourness/saltiness makes me feel better lol. Can get from ntuc or provision shops.

Mine is obvious too as this is my #3. For ms, I juz had nauseous feeling towards dinner time. Normally after some food, I will feel better.
I can't seems to take water too. Last time I used to drink a lot of water but now can't. I love sprite or tea( all those forbidden drinks). N because of my lesser intake of water, I constipate. Think my tummy showing coz of my constipation.
I'm trying to take fruits but shall tell my gynae next week when I meet him. Think he should be able to tell me the gender by next visit if there is a birdie.. Looking forward to it

I do take guava but without the plum powder.. Will that helps with constipation? I haven try prune yet not sure I can finish a pack or not..

I need to start taking guava too. Having constipation too. Maybe due to the water intake.
Last pregnancy was a no problem to drinks lot of water. No constipation.
This round quite bad.
After my meal, I will get heartburn, despite how small portion I eat.
Then I can't intake any food after 5pm which is the same with my 1st pregnancy.
I also don't know to hope for gal or boy, as long as healthy will be the best for me.

Happy 2016 everyone!!!

Aust mango season is here and just nice I'm craving for it and I find it helps me from constipation since it is very rich in fiber. I start to eat 2-3times a week. A whole fat mango at one go.

Bt mango quite heaty right? Think I drank too much heaty drinks or maybe due to the prenatal vitamins plus lack of water, i have slight sore throat turn into runny nose n I've got the worse constipation today , scared to use force to push but ultimately still need too. Would love to eat mango after I recover frm my cold

I agree mango belongs to heaty fruit however so far my body is reacting quite ok. Most potent is durian for me. Haa I had 4 days of durians couple of weeks ago and I had to stop because I could start to feel the heat inside.

Pardon that this is TMI. I need to use liquid soap (neutral PH level one) when I feel constipation and to me this method is a God sent.

Hope you'll get well soon 3p1m.

Little one was initially on meditation position (cross-legged) at the start of NT scan. I was told to clear my full bladder and to return. Then bb was in perfect posture and the scans went well quickly. We are relief at this point all looks norm.

Next visit will start the gynae package.

Thanks redvel,
Hope all is well for u, how much do u paid for ur package? U r still within 11-13 weeks right?

That's wonderful Redvel! So cute, can sit cross-legged!
Thanks tuna. The fellow's crown was against my tummy initially. The first scan showed the top of the head downward and we could clearly see the crossed legs heh. We got the CD for the footages for keepsake.

Thanks redvel,
Hope all is well for u, how much do u paid for ur package? U r still within 11-13 weeks right?

Thank you 3p1m. I should be exactly 13weeks today. Package is 1.6k including "normal" delivery. I didn't ask much details (kinda paiseh as Sat is like market place at the clinic and we were the first patient and there was a long waiting queue after us so didn't want to hold back too much time) but I shall do so 2 weeks later when I'll be paying for the package. I will make enquire as well then on the delivery suite and other charges at GlenE. In anticipation of the capacity of people visiting and hubby likes to sleep over, we need to take one bedder.

Wonder if anyone here is planning to pop at GlenE.

Last edited:
Ic 1.6 k including normal delivery is quite reasonable I think , actually today is the 1st day of my 13 week , I signed up package at 1k last week not including delivery then later felt I was too rushed to sign.yah will be good to take one bedded if hubby is staying overnight n have the privacy u want.

Thanks tuna. The fellow's crown was against my tummy initially. The first scan showed the top of the head downward and we could clearly see the crossed legs heh. We got the CD for the footages for keepsake.

Thank you 3p1m. I should be exactly 13weeks today. Package is 1.6k including "normal" delivery. I didn't ask much details (kinda paiseh as Sat is like market place at the clinic and we were the first patient and there was a long waiting queue after us so didn't want to hold back too much time) but I shall do so 2 weeks later when I'll be paying for the package. I will make enquire as well then on the delivery suite and other charges at GlenE. In anticipation of the capacity of people visiting and hubby likes to sleep over, we need to take one bedder.

I will be popping at GlenE too.
I took 2bedder for my first delivery coz I told my hubby to go home rest as he wouldn't be able to rest well in hospital plus I requested for baby to stay with me.

Most pro will be going for a 2bedder too.

Ic 1.6 k including normal delivery is quite reasonable I think , actually today is the 1st day of my 13 week , I signed up package at 1k last week not including delivery then later felt I was too rushed to sign.yah will be good to take one bedded if hubby is staying overnight n have the privacy u want.

Did you have 2nd thoughts about your gynae? If you don't mind me asking.

I will be popping at GlenE too.
I took 2bedder for my first delivery coz I told my hubby to go home rest as he wouldn't be able to rest well in hospital plus I requested for baby to stay with me.

Most pro will be going for a 2bedder too.
See you there around July then. :p

1.6k includes normal delivery is very reasonable! Saw some saying doc charges $2000 plus just for delivery only.

1.6k includes normal delivery is very reasonable! Saw some saying doc charges $2000 plus just for delivery only.
But I think it doesn't include u/s charge. That's what I gathered from googling about him long time ago. I need to find out the fine print next time.

He says he will call me personally when harmony result is out next week. I'm counting down.

But I think it doesn't include u/s charge. That's what I gathered from googling about him long time ago. I need to find out the fine print next time.

He says he will call me personally when harmony result is out next week. I'm counting down.
Waiting for my results too.... Don't think mine will call me personally

Did you have 2nd thoughts about your gynae? If you don't mind me asking.

Oh no, just that my verifi results r not out yet bt the package starts at week 12 n I'm currently in bedrest too , thought it would be better to sign After the nxt visit with the gynae

Oh no, just that my verifi results r not out yet bt the package starts at week 12 n I'm currently in bedrest too , thought it would be better to sign After the nxt visit with the gynae
I get it now. All shall be well. Rest good.

Eh.. I just called PEM and they said cos I appoint a particular nanny is $200 additional and cos I live in landed and the nanny have to move from 1st to 2nd floor is another $200??? -_-|||

Eh.. I just called PEM and they said cos I appoint a particular nanny is $200 additional and cos I live in landed and the nanny have to move from 1st to 2nd floor is another $200??? -_-|||
Yup I chose the CL so gotta top up 200. Yes other conditions will contribute to the cost too. Bleh.

Yup, I paid extra $200 for choosing the particular CL too. It's also norm to top up for staying in house with 2 or 3 storey. Freelance CL do ask what housing type too, when you call. Some will opt not to take your job as they don't wanna climb the stairs due to their age.

Hi redvel and l0v3s, I see. Ah, its ok, I still like my sis's CL. Guess I will pay. Luckily hub didn't complain just say I can do anything I like.

Hi,
anyone able to advice me the differences between Harmony Test & iGene?
My gynae only mention to me on iGene test and cost 1.8k
*sweat*

Hi redvel and l0v3s, I see. Ah, its ok, I still like my sis's CL. Guess I will pay. Luckily hub didn't complain just say I can do anything I like.
I wouldn't mind to pay too if it has to be, especially on the CL you're comfy with. I know some of my gfs are very garung... Diy didn't engage CL. I think I'll be more than half dead if diy.

Hi,
anyone able to advice me the differences between Harmony Test & iGene?
My gynae only mention to me on iGene test and cost 1.8k
*sweat*
I think I posted before on the difference. But ultimately I think not much difference. I will opt for harmony (which I've done) which is few hundreds cheaper.

For PEM, I read somewhere that u would need to buy herbs from them as well. Is it true?

They tried selling me but I rejected. I would say the herbs package its cheap ($3xx for 28 days of herbs) but I dunno the grade of the herbs...

Yes they will try to sell the herbs. My mil is quite knowledgeable on TCM so she may prefer to pick from the medical hall for me (my last MCs she did confinement for me).

But if you're not too particular and for convenience, can get from them which my sis did.

My harmony test is back, everything is normal and I'm having a princess....
So happy now!!
Hope everyone is doing fine...
Yay you start the ball rolling! So happy to hear good news. Korkor and meimei so that's lovely.

Pink Team :
Eileenyoyo

Blue Team :
?

I'm still waiting for my gynae's call these 2 days.

Last edited:

Back