2016/05 ( May) babies

I tested for Verifi test which is also a NIPT at week 11. I've gotten back my results within a week and know the gender of my baby. It costs 1.3k

Hi Char-mee, is it the harmony test? Do you know how much will that cost? Heard that the results are sent to a US patented lab for analysis, that's why is expensive.
It's a kind of harmony test but more advanced. Yes sent to US. In addition doc also have other tests which I forgot what they are. Paid Ard $1700

Ive just taken the verifi test too today. Yes i was told test will be sent to US that's why it'll take 2 weeks. Cant wait to hear about the results

Hi mummies.. My edd is 1st june..but due to my first pregnancy was c-sec..this one will be c-sec baby too, so shld be arnd 2 week or 3rd of may.. Is there any fb page I can join?

Thanks all mommies who shared about your verifi tests. Didn't know there are different types.

Mihohoho, my first boy was delivered via emergency csect too but I m considering if I should try for VBAC. May I know what makes you decide so soon to go for c sect again?

I am in a bit of dilemma here. Do you guys recommend Harmony test or Oscar test as we are getting different information about each from friends and family

I am in a bit of dilemma here. Do you guys recommend Harmony test or Oscar test as we are getting different information about each from friends and family
Hi wiwien, Oscar test is 90% accurate, can't check for gender whereas harmony is 99% accurate and can test for gender.
Some of my friends went for Oscar and result came back not favourable and made them worry so much, in the end they went for harmony and results is totally normal.
So to prevent unnecessary worry and for a better piece of mind, I think harmony test is better. No doubt harmony cost more, but I think it's worth it coz as pregnant ladies we shld avoid any unnecessary stress. I did harmony and results came back in 8 days. Low risk plus can know gender. Double happiness! :)

Hi wiwien, Oscar test is 90% accurate, can't check for gender whereas harmony is 99% accurate and can test for gender.
Some of my friends went for Oscar and result came back not favourable and made them worry so much, in the end they went for harmony and results is totally normal.
So to prevent unnecessary worry and for a better piece of mind, I think harmony test is better. No doubt harmony cost more, but I think it's worth it coz as pregnant ladies we shld avoid any unnecessary stress. I did harmony and results came back in 8 days. Low risk plus can know gender. Double happiness! :)

Thanks. Guess we will still proceed with the Oscar test due to budget constraint. Maybe use that as a benchmark first.

Side track abit. Any other fellow mother here who have very bad morning sickness even at 11 or 12 weeks ?

Thanks. Guess we will still proceed with the Oscar test due to budget constraint. Maybe use that as a benchmark first.

Side track abit. Any other fellow mother here who have very bad morning sickness even at 11 or 12 weeks ?
According to my gynae, he finds that unless Oscar shows poor results then there is a need to proceed for further tests, he thinks there is no need for a mom aged below 35 to go straight for harmony test instead of the Oscar.

I am still having occasional nausea (now week 15) especially if I smell something offensive like cigarette or stale fried oil. It looks like is getting better over the weeks though. *keeping my fingers crossed*

I am still having bad nauseousness now going on to week 12 soon. :( But lucky thing is didnt throw anything out. It seems to always happen before meal times, like maybe I am too hungry or something...

I am still having bad nauseousness now going on to week 12 soon. :( But lucky thing is didnt throw anything out. It seems to always happen before meal times, like maybe I am too hungry or something...

Agestia, same here..
Husband figure out that its a sign of too hungry for me even though I don't feel like eating..
I can don't feel hungry at all and the next min I still vomit as I didn't eat for very long.. Then will be gastric juice.

Luckily for me my morning sickness is really just in the morning, I suspect it's due to the pre natal vitamins because I will feel like vomiting shortly after taking it. Need to have food in the tummy to prevent vomiting, but can't eat in a rush or will vomit too.

Not much appetite lately, plus hubby kept telling me stuff like u can eat this meh? Or you cannot eat this or that. Already not much craving for anything plus everything also cannot eat, the more I don't feel like eating much.

Also feel miserable as I need to do self glucose test 4 times a day every alternate days due to my diabetes. Despite my control it still seems like eventually I will need insulin jabs. Really sad because I really hate needles, finding it hard to push the trigger to prick my finger for blood now, and dread the future of having to inject myself few times a day. :(

On a side note, anyone knows where I can donate old toys? Any organization?

Hi mommies, any one of you had your gynae guessing the baby's gender at around 13 weeks after detailed scan? Though he said can confirm next month. Wonder if it's accurate.

I went for my harmony and knew the gender from there. Plus, I did the nuchal scan and during the scan, they also sort of know the gender.

Reactions: jog
Hi Ladies, I'm at 11 weeks with identical twins. Just checking if there's other mommies to be with twins here?
Edd: 1 June 2016 but with identical twins I was informed that 37 weeks and above will be very dangerous for the twins. So my labour will be much earlier than that.

Agestia, same here..
Husband figure out that its a sign of too hungry for me even though I don't feel like eating..
I can don't feel hungry at all and the next min I still vomit as I didn't eat for very long.. Then will be gastric juice.

I totally feel you but the only difference is.. I feel hungry all the time.. hahaha :p

I am at week 15 now but still having nausea now and then, usually in morning and evening. I feel bloated and nauseous at the same time, want to puke but nothing come out, sometimes just gastric juices. Then next minute I will be hungry. I feel that its worse when I am tired. I didn't suffer this when I was carrying my #1. Hope it passes soon for all of us.

I am at week 15 now but still having nausea now and then, usually in morning and evening. I feel bloated and nauseous at the same time, want to puke but nothing come out, sometimes just gastric juices. Then next minute I will be hungry. I feel that its worse when I am tired. I didn't suffer this when I was carrying my #1. Hope it passes soon for all of us.
Think it's normal to feel that anytime during pregnancy.
I'm not nauseous but no appetite at all... literally forcing food down the road.

Hi mummies.. My edd is 1st june..but due to my first pregnancy was c-sec..this one will be c-sec baby too, so shld be arnd 2 week or 3rd of may.. Is there any fb page I can join?
Hi Five Mihohoho, we are exactly same case hehehe the only different is .. this is No3 ;)

Reactions: jog
Hi mummies.

First post here. My EDD is 27 May. Expecting my #1. Went for my oscar test and can see gender thou gynae said its only 80% correct. Morning sickness finally slowly fading. Lost some weight.

Anyone know the fb group which I can join? Thanks!

Hello

#1 EDD is 26 may
Went for Panorama test at $1380. Can also test gender.
However during ultrasound scan, doc say can see its a boy already, am at Week 12.
REALLY so early can tell gender?

So far ,having slight nausea only..

Just checking, are your next gynae visit like 4 weeks later once 2nd trimester? Isn't it worrying during the 4 weeks?

Hi candy01,
The first whatsapp group is not accepting new ppl anymore cos it's too big, but we have opened a second group, if U are keen, do pm me your number! :)
Hi babe, my edd in may 2016 too:) so excited that i saw this forum, been wanting to join since sept liao.. jus pm-ed you, will you be able to add me into chat grp as well. thanks w love!!

Dear all , just asking,

As I am approaching second trimester as I'm already 12 weeks ++, I seemed to start feeling some "internal" cramps on my left...

Is that normal and how long will this last ?

My cramps started 2 days ago...

Each time when I get up from bed or toss in bed, or sometimes get up from sitting position, will feel the cramp..

Please advise

Thanks !

Dear all , just asking,

As I am approaching second trimester as I'm already 12 weeks ++, I seemed to start feeling some "internal" cramps on my left...

Is that normal and how long will this last ?

My cramps started 2 days ago...

Each time when I get up from bed or toss in bed, or sometimes get up from sitting position, will feel the cramp..

Please advise

Thanks !

Hi there,
having slight cramps within are very normal ... your body and joints are going thru a lot of changes..
All the muscles are relaxing and stretching to accommodate your growing baby within.
During this period ... You MUST take extra care on your joints ..wrists /knees/ankles and backs .
As your muscles relaxes the joints are not as strong as before ..Dont over reach or stretch... and they might get hurt / sprain easily

Don't be a super Girl ... do thing slower and get help even though you think you might not need it. better safe than sorry.
take care
safe & speedy delivery.

Hi there,
having slight cramps within are very normal ... your body and joints are going thru a lot of changes..
All the muscles are relaxing and stretching to accommodate your growing baby within.
During this period ... You MUST take extra care on your joints ..wrists /knees/ankles and backs .
As your muscles relaxes the joints are not as strong as before ..Dont over reach or stretch... and they might get hurt / sprain easily

Don't be a super Girl ... do thing slower and get help even though you think you might not need it. better safe than sorry.
take care
safe & speedy delivery.
I see..thanks a lot !

Hi there,

take care
safe & speedy delivery.

Hi @Bue84 i feel exactly the same as you. Coming to my 13th week and having slight cramp on my left side. Thanks @LovesNewBorns for this reply, helps a lot :)

Hi @Bue84 i feel exactly the same as you. Coming to my 13th week and having slight cramp on my left side. Thanks @LovesNewBorns for this reply, helps a lot :)
The pain is the most intense when getting up from bed

Doctor say is muscles stretching and prescribed me calcium pills.

Now I'm taking duphaston, folic , DHA, multivitamins and calcium pills...
So many..is that normal ?

Over 5 days, fetus grown 1 cm longer...

The pain is the most intense when getting up from bed

Doctor say is muscles stretching and prescribed me calcium pills.

Now I'm taking duphaston, folic , DHA, multivitamins and calcium pills...
So many..is that normal ?

Over 5 days, fetus grown 1 cm longer...
REMEMBER You ARE now with child .. Must not get up in your usual ways , like flip up and go like before ...
Try rolling onto your side ( edge side ) slide your legs out and on to the floor , then push up with ur arms to a sitting position on the bed first .. Then slowly get up of bed . Slow and steady . Hopes this helps ..Take care .

REMEMBER You ARE now with child .. Must not get up in your usual ways , like flip up and go like before ...
Try rolling onto your side ( edge side ) slide your legs out and on to the floor , then push up with ur arms to a sitting position on the bed first .. Then slowly get up of bed . Slow and steady . Hopes this helps ..Take care .
Yes agreed too !

Hi Everyone,

My wife EDD is 23 May and it is our first child. There is a baby baby fair from today, what should you suggest us to get at this point of time?

Cheers!

Hi all! tested positive for my 2nd one few weeks ago and we went to Dr kenneth lee today opted to do the Panorama test. A friend of mine did Maternit21plus. apart from the price difference (maternit21plus more expensive) i dunno whats the difference between the two. do enlighten me.

We are opting to purchase cord bankig for the second as we thought its 20k to do blood banking when we had our first (silly us). there is a new company call cryobank. only $5250 lump sum for 21years. i am keen on it. do enlighten as well.

good luck ya all

Hi mothers to be, I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and just stopped all support jabs.today, I just has spotting and slight cramps . Called my gynea immediately and he advised mi to just have bed rest and avoid walking. Do anybody experienced the same situation. Pls advise, thanks.

Hi mothers to be, I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and just stopped all support jabs.today, I just has spotting and slight cramps . Called my gynea immediately and he advised mi to just have bed rest and avoid walking. Do anybody experienced the same situation. Pls advise, thanks.
I had spotting once I stopped my support too at 12 weeks. Went to gynae n he said probably was over exertion. So long as it's not continuous bleeding it shd b stop. Just dun walk too fast n long. Cramping is normal as uterus is expanding

Back