2016/05 ( May) babies

Hihi I am also a first time mummy but with the help of confinement lady that I hear and see from my friends she will help to take care of the baby need. Like how to bath them feed them and ensure u have sufficient rest at night. If you are engaging cl no need to outsource confinement meals as they are supposed to cook for u. Cl will also help to prepare the medical water for u to bath teach u how to massage your breast so that u can breast feed your bb. So with the above points at least to me it ensure that I can have a restful and smooth sailing confinement. The choice is yours as the current market rate is not cheap at least 2.6k and above for 28 days. So do weigh the cost and make a decision.
Thanks for this information, looking around for answer too.. My husband insist on a maid due to we are both working with pets at home and parents are too old to take care of baby.. So this expense is going to be huge.. at first thinking about 2.6k does it cover confinement food ingredient, end up no.. So most likely go with catering with husband and maid.. I hope it won't kill him.. How much do we need for the whole pregnancy? Trying to put aside saving and bonus for it..

Hi all fellow May mums to be, I'm in my 11th week now & my edd is on 5th May. I chose to delay joining the group as I was an admin for Dec 2015 mums but had an MC in April this year. Hoping this pregnancy will go smoothly.. This will be my #2! Looking forward to joining the facebook group. @uglydoll can you kindly add me in pls? Will pm you my details. Tnx!

Hi all fellow May mums to be, I'm in my 11th week now & my edd is on 5th May. I chose to delay joining the group as I was an admin for Dec 2015 mums but had an MC in April this year. Hoping this pregnancy will go smoothly.. This will be my #2! Looking forward to joining the facebook group. @uglydoll can you kindly add me in pls? Will pm you my details. Tnx!

Jia you mummy Calval..

Start of week 9, MS start to keep in.. Looking around for special food until my husband just keep laughing & complaining.. From wanton noodle to pasta to Takoyaki.. Nowaday I always throw out after a car ride especially sitting at the back seat.. Any ways to prevent this?

Start of week 9, MS start to keep in.. Looking around for special food until my husband just keep laughing & complaining.. From wanton noodle to pasta to Takoyaki.. Nowaday I always throw out after a car ride especially sitting at the back seat.. Any ways to prevent this?

Just take smaller meals and eat slower... I notice I usually puke if I eat too fast.

Thanks for this information, looking around for answer too.. My husband insist on a maid due to we are both working with pets at home and parents are too old to take care of baby.. So this expense is going to be huge.. at first thinking about 2.6k does it cover confinement food ingredient, end up no.. So most likely go with catering with husband and maid.. I hope it won't kill him.. How much do we need for the whole pregnancy? Trying to put aside saving and bonus for it..

Yes, you need to spent a lot for whole pregnancy. There is Oscar and 20wks scan, supplements, ultrasound, blood test and urine test to be done monthly. Cost also depends if your gynae have package after 12wks. Your doc fees and hospital (private /govt) stay also depends when (pre-mature) and how (natural/c-section) you give birth. If you hire a confinement lady for 28 days. It will cost about 2k+ but you have someone to cook and help care baby at night so you have enough rest and likely be struggling with breast-feeding. CL will only do simple housework like sweeping/mopping of baby/mother room. No wash toilet. Wash clothes for mother and baby only. They may and may not encourage breast feeding. If you want her to cook for husband and clean whole house may require more $$. Confinement food + herbs is also expensive, easily 2k+. If you use catering, the amount is also 2k+ and the herbs they use are not very quality and most impt the red dates tea is not enough. You may also want to hire malay massage lady $300-$500. If you hire a maid, experience maid $550+$60 levy every month. You need provide her food/lodging for 2yrs. You also need time to teach the maid like communicating, marketing, know the route, how to cook, how to care for infant, how to do housework. Even with experience maid, there is a lot of teaching to be done. There must be someone at home to supervise her instead of using camera as there are blind spot. You may need to teach maid to bottle-feed if you latch during maternity leave. Most importantly, how confident are you to entrust your newborn alone with maid after your maternity leave.

So far spent about 600 bucks for check up. Harmony etc tests around 2k.. feeling very poor. Medisave can claim $450. Find it a joke.

on the contrary, on my 9+ weeks & my MS has stopped. I almost freaked out until Gynae told me most likely MS has subsided. Now start to hv larger appetite.

I have already gained 1.5 kg :( :( I blamed it on my own appetite...
Hi @wens , would like to check in with you on your weight gain. I lost weight and now gained only abt 0.5kg frm my pre-pregnancy weight. Previously I gained abt 2kg when i was ard 6wks.. now at 9 wks and I lost 1kg. How are you doing may i know? I dont have ms/vomiting. Just not so hungry nowadays.

Hi @wens , would like to check in with you on your weight gain. I lost weight and now gained only abt 0.5kg frm my pre-pregnancy weight. Previously I gained abt 2kg when i was ard 6wks.. now at 9 wks and I lost 1kg. How are you doing may i know? I dont have ms/vomiting. Just not so hungry nowadays.
i dun dare to stand on the weighing scale... i look at myself at the mirror and i look like gained 5kg more which is scary considering my small build. I hear differing cases for different friends, some lose n some gain at first Tri. So it's normal to b different this round.

Had a really bad day yesterday, vomited 8 times with or without intake of food..
Really feel like crying at some point of times.
Currently 9 weeks going 10, I don't how long more is this MS going to be..

Had a really bad day yesterday, vomited 8 times with or without intake of food..
Hang in there!!! Jia you! I find eating pomelo is particularly refreshing and soothing. Sweet fresh plum helps too. Maybe you'd like to explore.

Jia you! At least morning sickness is an indication that LO is growing... When suddenly no symptoms will start to worry also

haha, good that someone removed the advertising post by the Yoga instructor... it sounded a bit insensitive when some ladies said gained weight. It's more ironical that I'm personally a part time dance artist & shd we b doing non prenatal yoga at this stage????
Shouldn't gaining some pounds b part n parcel of pregnancy?

Hi Rinoa_bunnies,

You may want to consider taking ginger drink by smashing some young ginger and pour hot water into it. You can add white sugar if you want it sweet.. But is rather heaty, so must monitor your condition n drink more water.

haha, good that someone removed the advertising post by the Yoga instructor... it sounded a bit insensitive when some ladies said gained weight. It's more ironical that I'm personally a part time dance artist & shd we b doing non prenatal yoga at this stage????
Shouldn't gaining some pounds b part n parcel of pregnancy?

U small built should gain more, or rather need to gain more. Anyway very easy to return to your original size after that if you are not big in the first place.. All the skinny ones end up being skinnier after they deliver... Haha. But big ones like me end up bigger...

U small built should gain more, or rather need to gain more. Anyway very easy to return to your original size after that if you are not big in the first place.. All the skinny ones end up being skinnier after they deliver... Haha. But big ones like me end up bigger...
not too sure as this is my first time... are you already a mommy?

Hi Rinoa_bunnies,

You may want to consider taking ginger drink by smashing some young ginger and pour hot water into it. You can add white sugar if you want it sweet.. But is rather heaty, so must monitor your condition n drink more water.

Thanks et2180, the issue is I can't take spicy stuff all along, like black pepper, chili and ginger.. I thought during pregnancy I will become chili lover(my husband always joke about this).. At the end, I become super sensitive anything that is slightly spicy like pepper in food.. But I will still try and see if it helps.. The packet ginger tea can?

Thanks et2180, the issue is I can't take spicy stuff all along, like black pepper, chili and ginger.. I thought during pregnancy I will become chili lover(my husband always joke about this).. At the end, I become super sensitive anything that is slightly spicy like pepper in food.. But I will still try and see if it helps.. The packet ginger tea can?

Hi... tml my tiny raspberry will be 9 weeks. MS is kicking in at 4 weeks for me... been having ingestion, bloated and vomiting daily. So my intake of food has been low... anyway recently I just tried lemon. Cut one slice, put in hot water and drink while u have your meals. Seems to help in ingestion and sometime control your vomit but I think will still vomit la, just less frequent than before. Maybe you can give it a try... ☺

Be careful I read ginger tea is actually not safe for pregnancy...

hi ladies , finally got the faith to join u ladies since i found out i.m preg mth ago hhahaha jus went for my 1st gynae appmt yesterday . .i happy get to know tat i'm currently 9 wks n havin my no.3 ..in between got spotting n brown discharged kind of worry tat not went well :p.. this preg I feel the worst :( .. morning sickness, bad acne out break , bad rash , bad appetite n stomach bloating all the time ..haiz ... hope all this will subside soon (feeling positive hahahahah:D)

Hi Rinoa_bunnies, if you dun like ginger.. Can try drinking lemon too.. Heard that smelling lemon will make us less nauseous..

if no symptoms dun worry.. all if us here shd b at least 8-9 weeks, symptoms for some will subside.
I think my symptoms already starting to subside. Though ms symptoms not at all strong to start with, i realise i can now tolerate deep fry smell better and eat deep fried stuffs better too. When I was at 5 weeks, such smell was very offensive to me. Now I can endure such smell better.
Fingers crossed that everything is going well! Cant wait for my next appt to come so that I can see my little beanie :))

i dun dare to stand on the weighing scale... i look at myself at the mirror and i look like gained 5kg more which is scary considering my small build. I hear differing cases for different friends, some lose n some gain at first Tri. So it's normal to b different this round.
Hi @chupachupspc sorry just managed to login again. Just when to see gynae last Fri and my weight has been the same since previous appt, but baby size has doubled! (i didnt expect it would grow so fast in 2 weeks). This is my #3 and my tummy has felt so so much rounder :( , and bloated, and i been feeling so nauseous, although no vomiting, but it is quite a disturbance. Been craving for soda drinks but trying to control myself (plain water just taste yucky to my taste bud right now).

Ive been having spotting here and there but brownish color and not much, so gynae still gave me the D tablets.

Me too.. i cant wait for this trimester to pass by. Although this is my #3 ill never get used to this symptoms!

Jiayou mummies..

Btw, speaking about our weight, i just weighed today and true enough, i also lost 1 kg! I hope baby is ok and developing well coz i do feel hungry many times but i just dont feel like eating anything..

Sometimes I crave for something that I cant get immediately .. even if i eat i can only eat a few scoops then i wld already feel bloated

Btw, speaking about our weight, i just weighed today and true enough, i also lost 1 kg! I hope baby is ok and developing well coz i do feel hungry many times but i just dont feel like eating anything..

Sometimes I crave for something that I cant get immediately .. even if i eat i can only eat a few scoops then i wld already feel bloated

I also lost weight.. Didn't eat as much and watching what I eat. I think it's ok as long as you are getting the nutrients you need, LO still small while it gets bigger the weight gain will follow.

I also lost weight.. Didn't eat as much and watching what I eat. I think it's ok as long as you are getting the nutrients you need, LO still small while it gets bigger the weight gain will follow.
I read that to eat extra 300 calories when preggy. .. but knowing our diets in Sg, it probably over that already so not to worry for some weight loss. I dun really eat much coz poor appetite but already gained 2 kg. BTw ladies have your lower abdomen gotten much bigger. .. I find it hard to conceal from colleagues not they are asking if I'm preggy

Yes.. i thought so too..

@char-mee my abdomen is getting rounder in general, even my side bumpers both left and right, can see they're protruding a little bit more. I mean compared to the weight gain the body shape changes sure feel abit too fast. Im sure its the hormone. .

I read that to eat extra 300 calories when preggy. .. but knowing our diets in Sg, it probably over that already so not to worry for some weight loss. I dun really eat much coz poor appetite but already gained 2 kg. BTw ladies have your lower abdomen gotten much bigger. .. I find it hard to conceal from colleagues not they are asking if I'm preggy

I even have people giving me seat on MRT already especially evening time.
I just went for gynae visit yesterday, didn't gain any weight since pregnancy.
It might due to bloatness in 1st trimester.

Hi mummies,

I just got a confirmation of the news and would like to join in the May whatsapp group. Can anyone advise who should i write to?
Thanks in advance. :)

Hi fellow mommies, my EDD is 2 May 2016. Is going to be my #2.

Wondering if anyone faces hemorriod/ pile issue like me , even though is not even in last trimester yet? It started late last week and I am not even really constipated. I did not really have this problem when preggy with #1.

I think you can pm littlepoppyseed to be included in the WhatsApp group if you want. Can check there abt FB group.
Still no courage to join yet until first tri is over

Hi all! I am so happy to join this group currently going to be 11 weeks and EDD is 28 May 15. :) We have decided to go for Oscar test since the price difference is so much...

Hi mommies, any one of you had your gynae guessing the baby's gender at around 13 weeks after detailed scan? Though he said can confirm next month. Wonder if it's accurate.

Hi all! I am so happy to join this group currently going to be 11 weeks and EDD is 28 May 15. :) We have decided to go for Oscar test since the price difference is so much...
Coz of my age Oscar was not good enough, went for the verifi test instead. Costs a bomb but results will detect chromosomes and even gender in 10 days later at 13 weeks.

Hi Char-mee, is it the harmony test? Do you know how much will that cost? Heard that the results are sent to a US patented lab for analysis, that's why is expensive.

My Gyne quoted around $1,300 for harmony test. I thought gender can only be determined after like 16 weeks?
Im going for my Oscar test on the 16 Nov... Hope everything is well...

The latest technology is now the Panorama test, which is more ex but more accurate and can detect more abnormalities.

Back