2016/05 ( May) babies

Hi i have been stalking this thread since last Mon when I tested positive. This will be #2 and this is entirely different from #1. With #1, I was very very sick from wk 5 but I don't feel anything this pregnancy. I felt a little nauseous a couple days ago but since then nothing. I am very very worried. Going for gynae apptmt on Thurs. Will be 6 wk 1 day then.

Hihi!! same as me. I was very sick for #1, but now, I don't have much symptoms... stay positive ya! :)

Hi All MTBs,

I am about 6 weeks 3 days today. Went for the 1st u/s when I was 5 weeks 3 days (I thought I was 6 weeks along) and we could see the gestational sac, gynae said its too early to see anything yet and schedule me for another u/s this Thursday. Hoping that this Thursday's visit will be a good one! Had a missed miscarriage in March 2015 and am a little apprehensive this time around.

So far, my symptoms are mild breast tenderness, bloating, backache, increase appetite..

Sending good vibes to everyone in here! :)

Hi Eya!
First of all congrats to u!
Im feelin the same as u, as I had a mc in June.
My morning sickness has already kicked in fully and it really sucks.
My next Gynae visit will be on Wednesday :)

How do you all deal with morning sickness? I haven't really experienced any until I was on my way to work this morning. I had to turn back to head home cos I was feeling nauseous and knew I couldn't last the entire mrt journey :(

Hi mummies to be,

New in this thread...my Edd is mid may...my long waited #1...went for a scan on 6w+1d..only saw a sac...read online it does happen n that 5-6w main focus is to rule out ectopic pregnancy n to see a sac intrauterine...but many also observe hb during 6w...any sharings or advices?will appreciate it....:D

Hi , congrats ! No worry , I guess it's too small to see the heartbeat . During my first appointment , was only able to see a sac too and doctor said no heartbeat cos too small . Panicked but came back after 2 weeks and a heartbeat can be seen :)

Based from my first day of my last menses I was supposed to be 8 weeks during my first appointment . Hence I was kinda worry when the doctor said that the sac was just 1mm in size . Too small for a 8 week . She also mentioned that I might have conceived much later than the estimated ovulation date . Truth enough , when I went back to scan again , realised that I was only 6 weeks and the size has grown to 6mm.

Hi gers, i tested positive over the wkend, and saw dr today who dated me 5 weeks 2 days. We did a pelvic scan and can see sac. Doc gave me folic acid and duphaston. Is anyone taking these meds too? Thanks and best wishes to us all :)

Hi gers, i tested positive over the wkend, and saw dr today who dated me 5 weeks 2 days. We did a pelvic scan and can see sac. Doc gave me folic acid and duphaston. Is anyone taking these meds too? Thanks and best wishes to us all :)
I am taking those 2 meds too, plus vitamin B6.

How do you all deal with morning sickness? I haven't really experienced any until I was on my way to work this morning. I had to turn back to head home cos I was feeling nauseous and knew I couldn't last the entire mrt journey :(

I just try to sleep whenever I'm tired. Eat every two hours (small meals), brush my teeth after every meal, drink between meals and also I'm taking zofran to prevent vomiting and nausea. I try to eat whatever I think I want to eat, I know the advice usually is to eat bland foods, but I'm either going to vomit the food out or I will feel terrible after eating so I might as well eat what I want. I usually can keep French fries down very well lol.

My mil is taking care of my #1 currently in the day and my hubby sends and fetches her home everyday and also bring dinner home for me.

I

taking progesterone pills every night before sleep..
Wow the pills only at night.....so good! I have to eat 3 times daily until feel like puking. But for lil beanie, just endure.....

Hang in there! These pills make me really giddy after taking, I wonder how u cope throughout the day with it!? But yea for the little one. If my Gynae asked me to take more often I would listen too. Endure a bit more mummy! :)

Hello, just discover I'm pregnant, should 5-6wks so not sure is due May or June.. Due to the cramp, I went to kkh 24hrs to check out last thurs but luckily it turn out fine.. Waiting for my appt on this sat to see my gynae for the first time.. Just a quick question, how often to visit the gynae?

Would any mummies have like cramps-like on the left side of your abdomen? It is not consistent nor everyday but when it comes, it is like as if someone punched you and press on the "blue black" real hard.

Ive not experienced this during my first pregnancy. So kinda worried. My gynae appointment is only in late october.
Hi I experienced the same cramp at the left side too then went to check out and everything is fine :)

hi cookie8484

during the scan, did u see yolk sac or gestational sac? I am on duphaston too, twice daily. and I am also taking prenatal vitamin for now.

I just had visit w my gynae and can hear bb heartbeat. I'm now ard 6.5 weeks preggie. Will b seeing doc again coming Mon. Still very worried...

Hi Char-Mee

Why do u need to see the gynae so often? Hearing the heartbeat should have you at ease yeah, means baby is good :)

Hi Char-Mee

Why do u need to see the gynae so often? Hearing the heartbeat should have you at ease yeah, means baby is good :)
EYA, for us who had miscarriage/ complication faced before, especially at a early stage, tends to feel insecure even though after hearing a heartbeat.

A frequent visit to gynae enable the gynae to follow up/ monitor our case closely in regards to our previous cases.

Congrats Cookie8484. Mine is folic and utrogestan. Basically duphaston and utrogestan serves the same purpose. To support the pregnancy.

Hello, just discover I'm pregnant, should 5-6wks so not sure is due May or June.. Due to the cramp, I went to kkh 24hrs to check out last thurs but luckily it turn out fine.. Waiting for my appt on this sat to see my gynae for the first time.. Just a quick question, how often to visit the gynae?
Congrats Rinoa_bunnies. When is your lmp? In regards to your question, I guess it depends on the gynae. For those who have recurrent miscarriages/ complications before, tend to have frequent visit. So that they can monitor our cases closely like me.

Hang in there! These pills make me really giddy after taking, I wonder how u cope throughout the day with it!? But yea for the little one. If my Gynae asked me to take more often I would listen too. Endure a bit more mummy! :)
For me, the dizziness comes and go anytime of the day. i had to stop and take a short nap to feel better. Eg like yesterday soon after I alight the bus. Luckily my MIL is with me. My gynae prescribe me medications for that. You too ya JIAYOU!

EYA, for us who had miscarriage/ complication faced before, especially at a early stage, tends to feel insecure even though after hearing a heartbeat.

A frequent visit to gynae enable the gynae to follow up/ monitor our case closely in regards to our previous cases.

For me, I've been seeing my Gynae once a week since week 5. I will request to do so til first trimester is over. Really have to be kiasu this time.

Anybody has food aversions? It seems that I can't take a lot of food as they will make me feel like vomitting. So far white rice, white bread and crackers are the best. But I'm worried I'm not getting the nutrients I need. :-/

I have morning sickness too but I'm wearing the seaband and it does help.

For me, I've been seeing my Gynae once a week since week 5. I will request to do so til first trimester is over. Really have to be kiasu this time.
It's okay to be kiasu for our lil beanie. Me too was like you. Have to see weekly. Yesterday lil beanie was doing fine and progressing well, so now no more weekly. Upgrade to 2 weeks. Hehehehe.
Btw how many weeks are you now? I just pass 7 yesterday.

Anybody has food aversions? It seems that I can't take a lot of food as they will make me feel like vomitting. So far white rice, white bread and crackers are the best. But I'm worried I'm not getting the nutrients I need. :-/

I have morning sickness too but I'm wearing the seaband and it does help.
Seems you has food aversions, just eat whatever you can for now. You can have fruits, nuts, beans, milk. Just hang on till you reach 2nd trimester. For me, appetitie has been good. Only occasionally. Hopefully I won't be gaining lotsa weight.

Hi Char-Mee

I hv recurring miscarriages history with the recent one just last month! Plus never naturally conceived before and I'm not so young anymore.
But I rejected my doc proposal for blood test, coz BTs stressed me out due to previous experience. Shd i go for it?

hi everyone! so happy to know we can support each other through this forum =)

just found out yesterday through clearblue, and saw the gynae and saw the sac only, 5w5d. but don't dare to let myself hope as i just had a MC in June..

next gynae appt is in 2 weeks time! but now i feel super paranoid every second haha. was pescribed folic and utrogestan and I feel super sleepy and drowsy at work now

jiayou everyone!

hi everyone! so happy to know we can support each other through this forum =)

just found out yesterday through clearblue, and saw the gynae and saw the sac only, 5w5d. but don't dare to let myself hope as i just had a MC in June..

next gynae appt is in 2 weeks time! but now i feel super paranoid every second haha. was pescribed folic and utrogestan and I feel super sleepy and drowsy at work now

jiayou everyone!
Congrats likeabao! It's normal to be paranoid especially at this stage. But, we have to have positive vibes for lil beanie to remain strong throughout our pregnancy journey. Moreover I had history of recurrrent miscarriages. Can't stop worrying at times. But I believe, do what's the best for lil beanie, talk to them and say lil prayer for them everyday....will God wills, they will pull through.

I'm 7 wks preggy and EOD is mid May :)

However, I experienced bleeding in my 5th week and am still having light bleeding till now. Will be seeing my gynae on Thur. Anyone has such experience?

Last edited:
Hi littlepoppyseed

i had a missed miscarriage in March this yr too, and i understand what u mean. sorry i didnt know abt your history, my bad. thats a good idea, i will be going for mine this thursday, hope all is well then. :)

I hv recurring miscarriages history with the recent one just last month! Plus never naturally conceived before and I'm not so young anymore.
But I rejected my doc proposal for blood test, coz BTs stressed me out due to previous experience. Shd i go for it?

i am not too sure myself but if the doc suggested it, why not? how far along are u?

It's okay to be kiasu for our lil beanie. Me too was like you. Have to see weekly. Yesterday lil beanie was doing fine and progressing well, so now no more weekly. Upgrade to 2 weeks. Hehehehe.
Btw how many weeks are you now? I just pass 7 yesterday.

Hi nurul, I'm 8w5d today. These two weeks are particularly stressful cos I lost my little angel at about 8-9 weeks as estimated by the Gynae. So I'm practically just lying down most of the time now. I don't even carry my #1 since I discovered I was pregnant. Sometimes feel so sad for her that I can't carry her but she's coping well and being very happy :)

Hi ladies i noticed that most of us went through miscarriages and no one will understand what we've been through except for ourselves. Best of luck to all of us strong lady out there, and may we have a smooth and safe pregnancy! :)

The blood test is just the routine blood test, one tube kind right? I think I should just go for it. I took blood weekly in the initial weeks to ensure my hcg and progesterone levels keep rising. It's not painful don't be too stressed about it!

@Rinoa_bunnies this time I fix my first appt at 6eeeks plus. The last time I went was 4weeks, 6weekz and 8weeks. Can't see anything at 4 weeks. What did kkh says?
kkh said its normal to some mother to feel cramp during first trimester. It was so bad that I thought my menses is coming soon so I didn't expect I am pregnant despite late for a wk. So go back for kkh appointment last Sunday
around 6am in the morning to do blood test, doctor said the hormones had doubled so its a good sight. At first they wanted to book a gynae for me to check on the cramp in mid oct but I managed to book Dr Han from TPS this weekend for our gynae first visit.

@nurulimran, my lmp is on 20 Aug 2015. EDD is on 29 May 2016. I heard this is inaccurate right?

I felt so noob about pregnancy, sob sob..

Hi, I am 5w and saw the sac at the last checkup!

I have PM my email address. Please add me to the fb group. Can't wait to share more with all mummies..

@EYA & @firstheartbeat ,

Thanks alot for the assurance!
Will tread on, staying hopeful..for the 2nd scan..
Im a ivf'er tt went through lotsa cycling n pain for the long waited #1...so Im always cautiously optimistic when treading on

Let's jus stay positive n move on bravely till the baby is in our hands...:D

I have MC in Jan as well. So very paronoid. Would like to check those mummies with MC before, you all went to gynae earlier to get progesterone pill? My gynae appt is next week (7 weeks).

Hi nurul, I'm 8w5d today. These two weeks are particularly stressful cos I lost my little angel at about 8-9 weeks as estimated by the Gynae. So I'm practically just lying down most of the time now. I don't even carry my #1 since I discovered I was pregnant. Sometimes feel so sad for her that I can't carry her but she's coping well and being very happy :)

I do feel you. I too lost my angels all in 5-6 weeks. I just surpass 7 weeks. I am taking one step at a time. Hopefully to pass 1st trimester first, gradually 2nd and lastly 3rd trimester. Jiayou yeah. May we have a smooth pregnancy journey ahead this time round.

I have MC in Jan as well. So very paronoid. Would like to check those mummies with MC before, you all went to gynae earlier to get progesterone pill? My gynae appt is next week (7 weeks).

I went at week 6. Was given pill and jab. Was even told to come weekly for the jab till end of 1st trimester.

I'm 7 wks preggy and EOD is mid May :)

However, I experienced bleeding in my 5th week and am still having light bleeding till now. Will be seeing my gynae on Thur. Anyone has such experience?

Hi evilcarebear,

I have the same symptom too - bleeding. Very light bleeding for past one week. today, the bleeding turned brownish,

I should be in my 5th week by now but doc scanned to see no sac. He said it may be too early for scan, hence can't see. He also didn't rule out the possibilities of miscarriage, ectopic, molar pregnancy.

I hv done a blood test. Going back for second test tmr. Hopefully, bb is fine.

I went to see Gynae at 5 weeks due to spotting. Then I had to see her weekly cos I was suspected of having a cornual pregnancy but thank God it wasn't! After that I requested to see her weekly til end of first trimester due to my mc in June, can't take any chances this time.

I do feel you. I too lost my angels all in 5-6 weeks. I just surpass 7 weeks. I am taking one step at a time. Hopefully to pass 1st trimester first, gradually 2nd and lastly 3rd trimester. Jiayou yeah. May we have a smooth pregnancy journey ahead this time round.

Thank u let's jiayou together this time! I feel veryy lonely in this pregnancy cos I can't even tell my close friends.

Back