2016/05 ( May) babies

I have MC in Jan as well. So very paronoid. Would like to check those mummies with MC before, you all went to gynae earlier to get progesterone pill? My gynae appt is next week (7 weeks).

I went at 5w5d and the doc gave me progesterone because I had an MC in June, at abt 6w, so I think he is not taking any chances this time round. I'm super paranoid too, I'm actually worried why I have no morning sickness...

I went at 5w5d and the doc gave me progesterone because I had an MC in June, at abt 6w, so I think he is not taking any chances this time round. I'm super paranoid too, I'm actually worried why I have no morning sickness...

Some mummies are just lucky not to have ms! My friend had to take progesterone jab twice a week and take progesterone pills daily for the entire first trimester and still not ms at all. And she continue spotting for entire first Tri. And she delivered her baby girl eventually!

Mummies u all announce to family and friends and colleagues already?

And is Ur tummy showing? Mine is showing already!!

Wow...tt's fast...Im seeing a little bump...but somehow I think it's fatsss coz I hav stopped exercising for a while...:oops::D

I hav jus told my mummy n mum-in-law,also some close ones...the rest i zipped...

Gals, need urgent advice. I had diarrhoea on Sat, then stopped until last evening diarrhoea came again. since then I had diarrhoea over 2 times. shd I take charcoal or anti diarrhoea pills? I dun recall eating dairy products so hope the diarrhoea is not going to affect my bb. anyone had diarrhoea n bb is ok? I know a lot of mummies here, hope you can share.

@EYA & @firstheartbeat ,

Thanks alot for the assurance!
Will tread on, staying hopeful..for the 2nd scan..
Im a ivf'er tt went through lotsa cycling n pain for the long waited #1...so Im always cautiously optimistic when treading on

Let's jus stay positive n move on bravely till the baby is in our hands...:D
although not succeeded thru ivf, I must say ivf must have helped me get here coz was barren for so long... So I share the same anxiety and worry. But agree must stay happy n positive.

Wow...tt's fast...Im seeing a little bump...but somehow I think it's fatsss coz I hav stopped exercising for a while...:oops::D

I hav jus told my mummy n mum-in-law,also some close ones...the rest i zipped...

I'm hoping to endure til 5 months to announce.. But don't think it's possible haha cos my tummy growing.

Hi all,

I just tested positive on Sunday.

yst night I was shock to see some spotting & rushed to KKH 24hrs clinic for a check. As the scan machine they have at the 24h clinic was really simple & can only see a sac & nothing else. Hence, the doc took my blood for test. As the doc advised me that there are 3 possibilities based on what she saw via the scan image:
1) early pregnancy (thus only can see the sac for now)
2) M/c
3) ectopic pregnancy

They told me that they will call me in the morning if my Hcg level is high (blood test). And thank god they did & went for the scans. The result confirmed that I am now 6 weeks 3 days. And was scheduled to go back for 2nd scan in a weeks' time. Didn't expect pregnancy will have to go through such an emotional roller coaster... really kudos to all the mommies out there!

I'm still kinda worried about the upcoming scans & contemplating if i should look for other gynaes as I prefer to deliver at Mount A.

Any advice?

(Sorry for the long post.. hehehe first time mommy here)

hahaha.....I agreed. More to fats ya. Me too. After birth, have to do more running and exercising.

Hi mummies,

I just tested positive last night! Cant believe i'm going through this again, my baby just turned 1 year old.

Is there a fb group for May mummies?

Hi all,

I just tested positive on Sunday.

yst night I was shock to see some spotting & rushed to KKH 24hrs clinic for a check. As the scan machine they have at the 24h clinic was really simple & can only see a sac & nothing else. Hence, the doc took my blood for test. As the doc advised me that there are 3 possibilities based on what she saw via the scan image:
1) early pregnancy (thus only can see the sac for now)
2) M/c
3) ectopic pregnancy

They told me that they will call me in the morning if my Hcg level is high (blood test). And thank god they did & went for the scans. The result confirmed that I am now 6 weeks 3 days. And was scheduled to go back for 2nd scan in a weeks' time. Didn't expect pregnancy will have to go through such an emotional roller coaster... really kudos to all the mommies out there!

I'm still kinda worried about the upcoming scans & contemplating if i should look for other gynaes as I prefer to deliver at Mount A.

Any advice?

(Sorry for the long post.. hehehe first time mommy here)

hi @Soni@lity, congrats! I thought if they see the sac and it is in the correct position it shouldn't be ectopic? I'm not so sure abt this point though maybe the experienced mummies here can confirm

I've gone to 2 gynae clinics near my house, one from Alvernia and one Thomson, I'm still deciding! I think best to go with a gynae u are comfy with. of cuz, the distance of their clinic from my house was taken into consideration too. jiayou!

Hi all mommies,

Im a new mom and currently 5+weeks going to 6th week! :D
I have a question to ask and hope someone can help to answer.
Has any of you use Sulwhasoo skincare products during pregnancy and especially first trimester? I kind of cant live without my sulwhasoo and I'm currently using the essential series and others like cleansing gel, activating serum, balancing water, essential firming cream, Herblinic Restorative Ampoules, and perfecting cushion foundation.
Sulwhasoo products are made with with herbs and some contains "dang gui", I have cut out the Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream as it contains retinol-A and also I've read that ginseng is not advisable to be used during pregnancy.
I've briefly checked the ingredients of other products i used to ensure it has no retinol-A but I am still worried of the herbs content and I'm afraid it will cause harm to baby (or higher risk of deformity as some studies cited).

So i wanna ask other mommies, anyone use Sulwhasoo while pregnant? or alternatively, pls tell me what other skincare you use so that i can make a switch to safer alternatives. fyi, im 30yo, skin oily.

Anybody has food aversions? It seems that I can't take a lot of food as they will make me feel like vomitting. So far white rice, white bread and crackers are the best. But I'm worried I'm not getting the nutrients I need. :-/

I have morning sickness too but I'm wearing the seaband and it does help.

hi, I guess my morning sickness not in full swing yet but I feel nauseous when i smell deepfry stuffs. Cant stand the oil smell and would want to turn away as quickly as possible.

Mummies u all announce to family and friends and colleagues already?

And is Ur tummy showing? Mine is showing already!!

I can't really suck in my stomach, with a small belly now, I am slightly overweight even before pregnant..
I only tell SIL, boss and a colleague as I need some help. I don't dare to tell others.
Just in case anything goes wrong whole family will be disappointed..

Guess will inform the rest during Xmas or New Year Party.

Are we able to know the gender by then?

I can't really suck in my stomach, with a small belly now, I am slightly overweight even before pregnant..
I only tell SIL, boss and a colleague as I need some help. I don't dare to tell others.
Just in case anything goes wrong whole family will be disappointed..

Guess will inform the rest during Xmas or New Year Party.

Are we able to know the gender by then?
I'm planning to inform as late as possible too. Sometimes during the oscar scan u might be able to know the gender. If are taking harmony test or equivalent , can know even earlier. If not, conservatively u will know the gender at around 4-5 months.

hi, I guess my morning sickness not in full swing yet but I feel nauseous when i smell deepfry stuffs. Cant stand the oil smell and would want to turn away as quickly as possible.

Ooh no! Mine is for garlic, onion and ginger. Even frying eggs make me gag. :-/
I think we all become bionic women! lol. Can smell everything and anything!

hi @Soni@lity, congrats! I thought if they see the sac and it is in the correct position it shouldn't be ectopic? I'm not so sure abt this point though maybe the experienced mummies here can confirm

I've gone to 2 gynae clinics near my house, one from Alvernia and one Thomson, I'm still deciding! I think best to go with a gynae u are comfy with. of cuz, the distance of their clinic from my house was taken into consideration too. jiayou!
Yup agreed with likeabao. If they could see the sac in the right position, it couldn't be ectopic. Maybe the gynae doesn't want to give the wrong info without a strong conclusion.

I only told my closest colleagues, close friends, parents and siblings.

Mine is showing too. Can see the baby bump even though I'm just 7 weeks!

I had to inform my boss cos of deployment issues for next year. I thought my bump was the left over from my previous pregnancy. Even though of starting an exercise regime.

Yup agreed with likeabao. If they could see the sac in the right position, it couldn't be ectopic. Maybe the gynae doesn't want to give the wrong info without a strong conclusion.

I think the Gynae just wants to be very sure.
Cos in the case of etopic pregnancy, very often there's a pseudo sac in the correct place but there's no fetal pole. So if hcg levels keep gg up, it means there's an etopic pregnancy elsewhere with a fetal pole developing. Once the fetal pole is detected in the gestational sac in the right place, then they should be able to rule out etopic pregnancy.

But don't worry! Everything is so small in early pregnancy so gynaes cannot see properly also. They just wanna play safe.

Gals, need urgent advice. I had diarrhoea on Sat, then stopped until last evening diarrhoea came again. since then I had diarrhoea over 2 times. shd I take charcoal or anti diarrhoea pills? I dun recall eating dairy products so hope the diarrhoea is not going to affect my bb. anyone had diarrhoea n bb is ok? I know a lot of mummies here, hope you can share.

No worries at all..I had 2 episodes of runny stomach since bfp..it lasted 2-3days but not severe type..doc prescribed me dhamotil to stop it..I only took 1 pill for 1st episode coz was more serious then...n I stopped taking,trying to refrain from too much med

Do keep urself hydrated..regular water intake..may wan to let ur gynae noe abt ur case n prescribe u safe med..

Ooh no! Mine is for garlic, onion and ginger. Even frying eggs make me gag. :-/
I think we all become bionic women! lol. Can smell everything and anything!

Im like a dog now,sniffing my way ard...I can smell the hand towels though Im a distance away...n I kept changing them...:p

hahaha.....I agreed. More to fats ya. Me too. After birth, have to do more running and exercising.

Hehehe...let's leave tt for post natal...putting on weight now...i will treat it as a happy problem...though I still find the weighing scale annoying...lol..:D:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello ladies, am new here.

Just gotten a positive from the pregnancy test!

However am feeling very anxious. Am overweight and diabetic and had a miscarriage before, so in a way am having a high risk pregnancy.

Had made appointment to see Gynae on the 6th! Hope everything will be fine...

Hi all mommies,

Im a new mom and currently 5+weeks going to 6th week! :D
I have a question to ask and hope someone can help to answer.
Has any of you use Sulwhasoo skincare products during pregnancy and especially first trimester? I kind of cant live without my sulwhasoo and I'm currently using the essential series and others like cleansing gel, activating serum, balancing water, essential firming cream, Herblinic Restorative Ampoules, and perfecting cushion foundation.
Sulwhasoo products are made with with herbs and some contains "dang gui", I have cut out the Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Cream as it contains retinol-A and also I've read that ginseng is not advisable to be used during pregnancy.
I've briefly checked the ingredients of other products i used to ensure it has no retinol-A but I am still worried of the herbs content and I'm afraid it will cause harm to baby (or higher risk of deformity as some studies cited).

So i wanna ask other mommies, anyone use Sulwhasoo while pregnant? or alternatively, pls tell me what other skincare you use so that i can make a switch to safer alternatives. fyi, im 30yo, skin oily.

This is a valid concern..tks for posting this n reminding...my shampoo contains ginseng n a few herbs...I totally forgot abt it...jus focus on wat Im consuming...I will ask my tcm phy on this....;)

Hmm, does it meant we can't drink those tonic soup also?
Actually where to get a list of herb we can't take?
Those 'soup master' shop, we can't drink those soup?

@littlepoppyseed ohno now I feel worried! I thought since we could see the sac it shouldn't be ectopic.. can't wait for week 7 to check for heartbeat. this is like a tough waiting game![/QUOTE]

I feel so bad for making u worried! What I was trying to say it's really common in early pregnancy not to be able to see the fetal pole or to get a heartbeat.
Just to share, I was suspected of having a cornual pregnancy when I was week 5 and 6 cos they saw two gestational sacs. Luckily later we found the fetal pole in the intrauterine sac. The other sac that my Gynae and gleneagles radiologist found at the corner of my uterus turned out to be a really small fibroid!

Last edited:
I was scanned 6w+1d..only saw a sac intrauterine,yolk sac was uncertain though. As long as the sac is intrauterine,u can rule out ectopic. My doc was telling me still early. Hope this assures u...n can tread on with less worries...

Guideline given was no bleeding,no pain...take it as so far so good...;)
hi Monkeychick

What do u mean by the yolk sac was uncertain? can u elaborate.. u did vaginal scan?
yup my tcm also said no bleeding no cramps is good.

hi Monkeychick

What do u mean by the yolk sac was uncertain? can u elaborate.. u did vaginal scan?
yup my tcm also said no bleeding no cramps is good.

Saw a white dot yolk sac..yupz a vaginal scan...but was too small or not clear..so sonographer was pointing to me..."it's here but cannt b clearly visualized" hence she reported it as uncertain...instead of visualized or not visualized....is there something I need to b concern abt?:(:D

Don't worry! When I had my scan in 5 weeks I was even sent to radiology to do a second scanning. Cos my Gynae found two gestational sacs. It happens when it's so early in pregnancy cos the sacs

I feel so bad for making u worried! What I was trying to say it's really common in early pregnancy not to be able to see the fetal pole or to get a heartbeat.
Just to share, I was suspected of having a cornual pregnancy when I was week 5 and 6 cos they saw two gestational sacs. Luckily later we found the fetal pole in the intrauterine sac. The other sac that my Gynae and gleneagles radiologist found at the corner of my uterus turned out to be a really small fibroid!

I also worried liao...Lolzzz....:rolleyes:

Saw a white dot yolk sac..yupz a vaginal scan...but was too small or not clear..so sonographer was pointing to me..."it's here but cannt b clearly visualized" hence she reported it as uncertain...instead of visualized or not visualized....is there something I need to b concern abt?:(:D
ahh i see.. cos u said its uncertain, so i was trying to figure out what u mean.. hehe
dont worry, i was just asking.. :)

u also consulting tcm? same as me :)
did u consult your tcm to check is all is fine?

Yeah....I did...she was telling me all is fine based on my pulse..i was concerned due to my 1st scan so i was observing her expression closely n asked if she's only consoling me...hahaha.. can get silly when panicky..:D:rolleyes:

Last edited:

@littlepoppyseed ohno now I feel worried! I thought since we could see the sac it shouldn't be ectopic.. can't wait for week 7 to check for heartbeat. this is like a tough waiting game!

Just to share, I was suspected of having a cornual pregnancy when I was week 5 and 6 cos they saw two gestational sacs. Luckily later we found the fetal pole in the intrauterine sac. The other sac that my Gynae and gleneagles radiologist found at the corner of my uterus turned out to be a really small fibroid![/QUOTE]

haha I guess at this point in time all of us are worried for all the possible scenarios! after my first MC I also started being more paranoid.. realise actually a lot of complications can happen! on fb see ppl give birth here and there looks so easy..

glad yours is not cornual! mine I only saw the sac, no fetal pole or hb yet at 5w5d.. fingers crossed for all of us here!

Back