(2015/11) Nov 2015 Mummies

HI all mtb, im 2nd time mommies, edd 1/11, seen gynae last sat, saw sac, my little beanie and heard heartbeat! next apt on 4/4. my no. 1 is a snake baby, 18months and 8days old.
our kids are very close in age! LOL #1 2 days short of 19mths

Agree that every pregnancy is different but as mtb we always worry. I oso try not to think too much. If it's meant to be it will be.
Yes of course, the worries are neverending.. Im also trying to think positive. Hope everything will be ok for all of us.. :)
yes each pregnancy is different, definitely and each baby is different. :)

mrsmorgan, at 6weeks you should be able to hear baby's heartbeat, be it abdominal scan or vaginal scan. :) unless your gynae machine spoil. :p
Haha thanks! hopefully machine got no problem! :p

Which gynae are u all seeing? As for me, Im going back to the same gynae for #1.. Dr. Adrian Woodworth frm TMC but I choose to deliver at Mt. A.. Will be seeing him at his CCK clinic.. :)

Which gynae are u all seeing? As for me, Im going back to the same gynae for #1.. Dr. Adrian Woodworth frm TMC but I choose to deliver at Mt. A.. Will be seeing him at his CCK clinic.. :)
Hais I still thinking of going kkh or the gynae I'm seeing now. He will be delivered at either Mt A or TMC (additional charges). My gynae is Dr Don Wong at gynae Link amiralty.

Hi Ladies,

this is my first pregnancy and I am really nervous. My last menses was 25th Jan. I will only see a gynae next tuesday.
I would like to know how much money must I set aside for all my medical check ups and delivery.

Hi Ladies,

this is my first pregnancy and I am really nervous. My last menses was 25th Jan. I will only see a gynae next tuesday.
I would like to know how much money must I set aside for all my medical check ups and delivery.
Hi nickyng, it depends on ur gynae fees and which hosp u will deliver at. Who's ur gynae and does he/she have a package?
My gynae charges $688 for the package. Covers all visits incl vitamins and can start anytime as early as 1st visit. Otherwise each visit may cost ard $100+-200+.. Then there's the Oscar scan somewhere ard the 12th week and the detailed scan ard 20th week which are both done at TMC. That's a separate cost of a few hundred for each scan. But it depends if u will choose to do Oscar scan or other scans which ur gynae will advise. When I delivered at Mt. A in 2010, I chose 2 bedder, natural delivery with epidural and paid ard 1.5k cash. The rest are paid via medisave. But I believe it's more costly now so it's best to check with ur gynae and do a search of those who have delivered in the hosp of ur choice, check how much they paid.
Hope that helps.. :)

I was with Dr Kang Wee at Mt A for my 1st one.. but now I change to Dr Claudine Tan at Thomson Women's Clinic (Serangoon Central) for convenience as I stay at Punggol and office at Boon Keng. Thinking to deliver either at Mt A or TMC.... all MTBs, any comments on comparing both hosp?

I'm going back to my #1 gynae too though my MIL didn't really like him... she keeps thinking that he's not good.... my #1 was delivered with the umbilical cord around his neck 2.5 times... she feels that he should be able to see it through the scan and not let it drag until my appt day... but i'm very comfortable with him.... anybody knows if the ultrascan can really show the cord?

I'm going to Dr. Hii at Khatib Central. my #1 gynae was at tampines, now I moved to yishun, so wont be going back to him.

Hais I still thinking of going kkh or the gynae I'm seeing now. He will be delivered at either Mt A or TMC (additional charges). My gynae is Dr Don Wong at gynae Link amiralty.

Wrx_bb, a friend of mine highly recommend Dr. Don too, but I didn't get to see him because I couldn't get to his clinic via phone and the docdoc agency screw up. :p if KKH will be subsidised route or private gynae route? I hear many horror stories of KKh delivery via subsidised route. :p my no. 1 was delivered at Mt A, service was good but I think their charges went up by $1k this year. so I will be checking with my gynae his preferred hospital to deliver at then decide the hospital to deliver at.

I'm going back to my #1 gynae too though my MIL didn't really like him... she keeps thinking that he's not good.... my #1 was delivered with the umbilical cord around his neck 2.5 times... she feels that he should be able to see it through the scan and not let it drag until my appt day... but i'm very comfortable with him.... anybody knows if the ultrascan can really show the cord?

Hi, my #1 also had her cord 2 rounds her neck. I didn't know it until the whole delivery was completed. But gynae and pd both assured me that baby is fine cause the cord was only round her neck when she was out. If baby was entangled by the cord when in the tummy, it would have been detected by the scan (bb heartbeat would have dropped).

I was with Dr Kang Wee at Mt A for my 1st one.. but now I change to Dr Claudine Tan at Thomson Women's Clinic (Serangoon Central) for convenience as I stay at Punggol and office at Boon Keng. Thinking to deliver either at Mt A or TMC.... all MTBs, any comments on comparing both hosp?
When I delivered at Mt A 5 yrs ago, all the nurses and the LC were nice. Food was gd too! This is why im goin back there. I went to TMC 4 mths ago when I had my miscarriage. They didnt send me my sandwich n milo after i came out of the operating theatre. I just waited n waited until i gave up n pressed the buzzer. I was supposed to be discharged at noon since it was only like half day surgery. It took quite a while for the food to come so i pressed the buzzer again n they said oh yah will send it to u now. ???? That means they forgot the 1st time round? Discharge process also took some time.
Anws, i think cost wise Mt. A seems slightly cheaper. U can do a search in the forum for reviews too. :)
My son's cord was ard his neck in 2 loops too.. Dont think can see in scan. I almost had to go for emer csect as his heartrate kept fluctuating but thankfully managed to deliver him safely naturally. :)

Hi Mrsmorgan, thanks for your comment on TMC.
My #1 was delivered at Mt A in 2012. I also agree that the nurses are good but I was a bit pissed off initially after I delivered. As I requested for single ward upon admission (I admitted ard 1am morning, and gave birth at 6pm+ evening), I was put to 4-bedded room after I pushed out from delivery suite, and my bed is near the corridor. It was so noisy and I can't rest for the whole night. The next morning I quickly asked my husband to check with the nurse to transfer me to single ward, and was told that the single room full, but the nurse never told us there's a room avail for single deluxe room. When my husband approached the nurse again, the room has been taken, and we were told there's 1 bed avail for double room. So I quickly took the double room.

However, all in all, I would say the service is good and nurses are nice as well.... had a nice stay (after I was transferred to double room).
Since my current gynae delivering at both Mt A & TMC, I was thinking to try out at TMC this time round... I think the bill size for both hosp should be around the same...

I just called TMC to enquire about the maternity packages cuz I saw on the website there is a discount for SG50 baby. The person I spoke to was not very helpful at all! Said that information can be found on the website. *grr* ... Anyway she told me that the package for 1 bedder would be $4599 for hospital stay only. Not inclusive of any DR charges. She said that there will be 3 DRs involved altogether (Gynae, PD and aesthetician - epidural) ... and all are charged separately. Now isn't that quite Expensive!!??? What would be the final bill then? :eek:

For KKH, under The Private Suite total delivery cost would be ard $4600, 1 bedder and all inclusive, if I am not mistaken. Based on the Bill estimator, I would need to pay ard $2600 upfront.

When I delivered my first at KKH in March 2010, I paid upfront around $1800 for 1 bedder and the rest was covered by medisave.
A few weeks after that I even received a refund of $400 mailed to me. (Normal vaginal birth with epidural)

I mean for now, I have set an appt with KKH already, but was just trying to source around for alternatives. Don't get me wrong tho, I love TPS. Just wanted to see my alternatives if I decided to follow Dr Goh Shen Li (she left KKH and set up her private practice at Mt A)

Anyway, I'm so confused about all these charges now. Can someone who has delivered at any Private hosps advise?
TIA! :)

Last edited:
Im also searching n asking ard abt bill size frm those who delivered recently because seems like the costs hav gone up quite a lot!

Aries I am spotting ;( but that's because I am truly tired hahah

Now overseas, so waiting for work to end this tues and I will bed rest ALL the way. Am telling baby to hang on strong. Telling my womb to be strong .. Asking God to have mercy ;)

I understand how U feel, with each toilet going I end up either thanking God for no spotting or haha asking him for mercy to stop it ;) it's pretty stressful but it surely reminds me of how precious each life is, whatever that life will become ;)

And it makes the whole pregnancy so much more meaningful ;) it's nice to be not in control at times hahaha

private hospital maternity packages don't cover your gynae delivery charges, its excluded in the package as each gynae's delivery charges is different. so you have to find out your gynae's delivery charges then add onto the maternity package to know how much you are paying. TMC have room discount for SG50 but Mt A don't have. :p the more premium room you wan, the more expensive it will be and medisave can only cover so much. the rest u have to fork out your own.

Kaxin working overseas? end work as early as possible and bed rest? and yes talk to baby and womb to be strong. HANG ON!

Ya have an oversea project that cannot cancel ;)

Hmmm with so many people giving birth this year I wonder hospital enough room and I wonder would this year be the peak of no. Of baby born?

Anyway knows what would be the most useful jubilee gift?

Aries I am spotting ;( but that's because I am truly tired hahah

Now overseas, so waiting for work to end this tues and I will bed rest ALL the way. Am telling baby to hang on strong. Telling my womb to be strong .. Asking God to have mercy ;)

I understand how U feel, with each toilet going I end up either thanking God for no spotting or haha asking him for mercy to stop it ;) it's pretty stressful but it surely reminds me of how precious each life is, whatever that life will become ;)

And it makes the whole pregnancy so much more meaningful ;) it's nice to be not in control at times hahaha
Thanks for reminding me to pray, and that its really not within our control. You take care and rest well when you get back. :)

Take care kaxin and bed rest all the way after this! Have a good rest!!!

Like mentioned earlier, I have slight cramping which was quite worrying so I bed rest for 2 days and thank God everything is better now. :)

I am quite paranoid and hoping that 24th will come ASAP so that I can feel more ease after hearing BB's heart beat. I went to early and couldn't detect yet. :(
I should not think too much! Praying hard all will be fine as this is my first pregnancy...

Anyway, I've been feeling so so tired these days!!! Always wanna sleep at work yet can't sleep well at night :(

Hang on all MTB!! Jiayou to our bb and our wombs!

private hospital maternity packages don't cover your gynae delivery charges, its excluded in the package as each gynae's delivery charges is different. so you have to find out your gynae's delivery charges then add onto the maternity package to know how much you are paying. TMC have room discount for SG50 but Mt A don't have. :p the more premium room you wan, the more expensive it will be and medisave can only cover so much. the rest u have to fork out your own.

Ic ... thanks for the reply @magc ... now i understand. haha :)

Also, take care @kaxin .... rest well and don't exert yourself .. take care all mums to be!

Haha I'm sitting on the priority seat right now as I type!

@Benies, we have the same EDD :) I highly recommend Dr Wendy Teo from Mt E Novena. She's very warm and reassuring and I was with her for #1 when she was at TMC
Hi moonyue, do u have to wait long for ur appts with Dr Wendy Teo? And any idea if her stitching for c-sec is good? Thanks!

Thank you mummies! Yeah I so want and will rest when I am back in sg ...
My plans
Wake up
Read
Eat
Puke sleep
Watch TV
Eat
puke
Sleep

Just for 1 mth then I am going shopping shopping shopping

Hahahaha ;)

Aiyo think my MS started to sink in today. Felt nauseous suddenly after lunch... Argh!!
Feeling so sick and tired.

Me too!! My MS just started this week but it comes in the afternoon :( so sian cos uncomfortable. But I still feel super hungry!

I just mentioned yesterday that so far I have no probs with smell and food aversions. Looks like I spoke too soon! Cant stand the smell of garlic now and im feeling nauseous. Wonder how im gonna cook when i cant stand garlic.. Quite surprised all this started so soon. Blearghhh

i try to drink and eat a full meal in the morning now. it helps me to feel less tired and less nausea

Last edited:
I chew ling mong tablets before I get out of bed.. or when I feel stuffed. I get ms as ns... n fs. Haha morning afternoon night food. Always hungry always full.. sigh

Hi mummies to be

Nice to meet you. I'm 2nd time mummies. EDD should be 11 nov based on LMP. Seeing my gynae on Monday, hopefully can see sac and hear heartbeat then. My number one is a dragon November baby. 28 months old.

Is there a FB group create that I can join too? :):)

Back