(2015/08) Aug 2015 Mummies

I wonder how prenatal yoga is like? More like easy pose and breathing??
I can't imagine we do the plank and postures that require strength and core muscles :)
I am not too sure how it works too. LOL.
But I think there will be a lot of breathing, stretching? It probably will help with child birth too. :)

I was thinking of taking prenatal yoga classes too! I've always been active but this pregnancy has proved to be challenging! Can't imagine not exercising for 9 months. can try low-impact aerobics (no jumping involved) and brisk walking once we all feel better. For some of us, we may have more energy during T2 to try those activities :)

Yah, I don't do much exercise so I just try to walk nowadays when I can. Actually if enough walking is done, can even slim down, I heard. LOL.

Thanks mummies for your encouragement.

Rurukumi, when we first found out positive from the test strips after i suspect preggy as im been losing appetit n super sleepy, my hubby make an assessment and he think prob letting go is better. Then i broke down w tears as i wanted to keep the baby. He said he just wanted to have a discussion and yet to make a decision. Then i avoid the topic the 2nd night. Then the 3rd morning my hubby told me we shd keep the bb after some thots as : LIFE COMES WITH REASONS AND DESTINY TO BE CREATED.

But i becm worried and have actually thot to give up is a better option. Unexpectedly my hubby is firm abt keeping the bb even after i repeatly ask if he is sure. Im not sure if he did that becoz of me. But he told me he cant bear to take the bb away.

Xuan_mom, I am not sure if you had appetite loss/feeling tired problems in your first two pregnancies but don't worry about having it for this one. And I believe that will more or less make us abit hormones imbalance sometimes and will feel like should give up baby. But then, all these will pass... and eventually, it will end and everything will be fine.

It is good that your hubby is willing to keep the baby too. Hang on, 9 months will be gone soon and you will be rewarded with a cute baby at the end. Jia you jia you!

Hi Piggling, i dont really have ms. My first preg is totally no ms,2nd have bit bleed spotting for a wk and heartburn towards end. To me the worst part is the day discharge from hospital and confinement. Both no. 1 and 2 fully bf till 6 months so its tiring.

Hey mummies how abt a short intro of urslf? I miss out so much. How abt creating a whatappa chat grp?

I probably will do a family shoot instead. Every year i get a free photo shoot from prudential. So will make use of it. I did a 3 month shoot for my first one thru a friend but such a disaster cos he was so grumpy. The second shoot was at 9 months using prudential free shoot and again so grumpy. We did an extended family shoot at 14 months at kids pictures for my dad's 60th bday. They are very very experienced. The result was great but the price not cheap so unless special occasion i doubt we will go back. Last year we did another one at 21 months using prudential free shoot.

Prudential free shot? How do you get that? Which plan?

I wish I can go for a massage manz, but I know cannot right :(

Prudential free shot? How do you get that? Which plan?

I wish I can go for a massage manz, but I know cannot right :(
I have a lot of policies under Prudential so I became a Pruprestige customer. The last count I recall I have 12 policies with them - life, health, savings, mortgage etc :)

Better not to go for massage now. I wanted to go facial but I also decided to delay it till first tri over.

Hi Piggling, i dont really have ms. My first preg is totally no ms,2nd have bit bleed spotting for a wk and heartburn towards end. To me the worst part is the day discharge from hospital and confinement. Both no. 1 and 2 fully bf till 6 months so its tiring.

Hey mummies how abt a short intro of urslf? I miss out so much. How abt creating a whatappa chat grp?
Hee hee i also agree the day of discharge is the worst. My confinement lady not arrived yet and my milk supply very low. We bought formula milk but we didn't know how much to feed him. We underfed my boy for one night being as we were clueless and he kept crying. Thinking back it is quite funny actually though such a torture then haha.

Hey sane, I just read about Bella bands online http://www.ingridandisabel.com/ Maybe you'd want to check it out. The band allows the wearer to continue wearing existing clothes.
I'm thinking of getting one, but maybe later on.
Thanks dear, I have it last time but only last for a short time because soon, the hip area can't fit in the pants :(

I am not too sure how it works too. LOL.
But I think there will be a lot of breathing, stretching? It probably will help with child birth too. :)

Yah, I don't do much exercise so I just try to walk nowadays when I can. Actually if enough walking is done, can even slim down, I heard. LOL.

Or else sit there n meditate. My only exercise now is singing, shopping, eating and watching movies :D

I have a lot of policies under Prudential so I became a Pruprestige customer. The last count I recall I have 12 policies with them - life, health, savings, mortgage etc :)

Better not to go for massage now. I wanted to go facial but I also decided to delay it till first tri over.

SL, I just done my counselling and blood test, now going for the Oscar test, so excited.

I still went for facial, pedicure and massage (foot massage) ... keke .... it makes me happy and relax.

I am ok with WhatsApp grp, pm u my no :D

SL, I just done my counselling and blood test, now going for the Oscar test, so excited.

I still went for facial, pedicure and massage (foot massage) ... keke .... it makes me happy and relax.

I like singing too!!! Haven't gone ktv for a long time since no. 1 born. Maybe i shd sing more to no. 2. No. 1 is terrible at singing. Haha

I like singing too!!! Haven't gone ktv for a long time since no. 1 born. Maybe i shd sing more to no. 2. No. 1 is terrible at singing. Haha

Hahaha .... my mum keep persuade Dr Han to ask me not to sing. He just entertain her and tell me "don't sing too loud, later bb find it very noisy" :D

Yah, confinement sounds stressful.

For me, short intro, I am having my no. 1. Turning 30 this year. LOL.
I think there is a FB page set up by another lady in the thread, she is Mummyof3jays and you can PM her to be requested to be added into the group.
I have yet to join the group as I am waiting for 1st trimester to be over, very scare something will happen as I heard a lot of stories but sincerely hope everything will be fine.

You are making me excited too! Oscars test le!
How many weeks are you at?
One more week to my next appointment, cant wait to see if baby is okie inside.

i know what you mean! before my first gynae visit, i was so impatient that i had to do an ultrasound scan at my GP's (can claim summore). i wanted to check that the fetus is in the right place (no ectopic pregnancy) & was utterly relieved when GP says everything looks ok at this stage. :)

Yeah! I am going for my appt next wed. Very excited too. Hopefully little one is doing fine. My appt in afternoon so whole morning i will be so restless.

i know what you mean! before my first gynae visit, i was so impatient that i had to do an ultrasound scan at my GP's (can claim summore). i wanted to check that the fetus is in the right place (no ectopic pregnancy) & was utterly relieved when GP says everything looks ok at this stage. :)

You totally understand right! *tears of joy*

The upcoming visit will be my 3rd visit but I am still very worried.
It is a 3 weeks wait from 2nd to 3rd appointment and I feel so uncertain not knowing what is going on inside.

Yeah! I am going for my appt next wed. Very excited too. Hopefully little one is doing fine. My appt in afternoon so whole morning i will be so restless.

ohhhh.. yah, my next appointment will be in noon too, think I probably cant sit still the whole morning too... Arggh.. the wait!

I am 13 weeks today. Just draw 3 tubes of blood for the blood test. I walked past the delivery suite too, cant help feeling excited.
However it is a rather long wait with 2-3 paxs queuing in front of me. Each taking 15-20mins :confused:
Hopefully today I can sneak a glance at the gender to end my name choosing agony :p

Yah me also dont intend to reveal until 3mth. I did that for my 1st and 2nd too . Haha .

Anyone giving birth in tm?

Any mummies not engaging a confinement nanny? Have yet to ask my parents if they willing to help out. Cos i'm quite fussy, i rather not hv a stranger at my place. Not sure if still can get sufficient rest.

You totally understand right! *tears of joy*

The upcoming visit will be my 3rd visit but I am still very worried.
It is a 3 weeks wait from 2nd to 3rd appointment and I feel so uncertain not knowing what is going on inside.

This feel will end soon when u r in your 20th week when u can feel the magical kick. Keke ....

Yah me also dont intend to reveal until 3mth. I did that for my 1st and 2nd too . Haha .

Anyone giving birth in tm?

I am not revealing too but people who seen me say I put on weight :p
Can't hide for long... I m not intending to reveal to all till birth with only the closed ones know.
Any mummies not engaging a confinement nanny? Have yet to ask my parents if they willing to help out. Cos i'm quite fussy, i rather not hv a stranger at my place. Not sure if still can get sufficient rest.

My mum will be helping me to cook. I will probably be very hands on in looking after the small one :)

My husband also not too comfy about having a stranger at home. I don't mind mil helping me but my friend advised that even if mil/mother help, if they have to go home, we will be on our own at night and will be very tired. Somemore it is the first grandchild for both sets of grandparents, I scare they long forgotten how to take care of newborns liao.
I hope to have confinement lady plus mothers help but I don't know how to start looking for one, scare get a bad confinement lady then it will really be torturous.

This feel will end soon when u r in your 20th week when u can feel the magical kick. Keke ....

I am not revealing too but people who seen me say I put on weight :p
Can't hide for long... I m not intending to reveal to all till birth with only the closed ones know.

My mum will be helping me to cook. I will probably be very hands on in looking after the small one :)

I cant wait for the kick too.. LOL... That will definitely be more assuring!

Great that you have your mum to help with cooking, will really ease the burden. :)

My husband also not too comfy about having a stranger at home. I don't mind mil helping me but my friend advised that even if mil/mother help, if they have to go home, we will be on our own at night and will be very tired. Somemore it is the first grandchild for both sets of grandparents, I scare they long forgotten how to take care of newborns liao.
I hope to have confinement lady plus mothers help but I don't know how to start looking for one, scare get a bad confinement lady then it will really be torturous.
I cant wait for the kick too.. LOL... That will definitely be more assuring!
Great that you have your mum to help with cooking, will really ease the burden. :)
No luck in knowing gender, so disappointed and it's such a loooooooonnnng wait. Now waiting for doc consultation for report reading and I am so hungry. :(
If we choose to bf bb, we will most likely to zzz with the bb at night and other than bath and feed, newborn zzzz throughout the day.
The tedious part will be cooking and most likely busy in pumping out the milk.

I didn't have a confinement nanny for #1, so not getting one for this #2 either.
My arrangement this time round would be likely get confinement catering, cos felt bad to have my MIL bring the confinement dishes over everyday.
I got pai seh that I told her no need to bring after 20 days, was starting to feel sick of ginger stuff also.

My husband should be taking his paternity leave and some annual leave to help out together with mum during the confinement.
#1 we'll send him to my in-laws during the day, they stay 1 bus stop away so still manageable.
I'll likely still do some of the night feeds cos I'm a night owl and steal cat naps in the day.
But all depends on the nature of the LO. Would be great if #2 is the type who'll feed, nap & don't fuss much.

I will definitely get a confinement lady. I don't think my mil will be able to help me cos she still needs to care for 3 grandsons. I hope to be able to train my maid to cook confinement food. The best is eat for 40 days. For women confinement is the best time to build up your health for life. So do a good one. My sis compared her first and second one. The first she was quite lax and so end up with frequent headaches even after confinement. The second one she did it properly and so 补 back her health. So it is very impt to do properly. Some more I not that young anymore so last chance to build up health.

Your ms is the really serious type. Why not just take leave and tide over these period first?
After all there's still 4 months maternity leave might as well utilise co leave first.
Most ended the horrible ms in the 14, 15 weeks.
Mine got better in the 12 weeks now it only attack at night and when it comes, i hurry go Zzzzz :)
Zzz helps??? I realize if I zzzz on side, will trigger.
My boss going on 2weeks leave.
Still can dong, just very tired.wana keep d Hl and sick leave for emergency.my first preg due to high stress level I had mild contraction at 25weeks n went Hl for 2months with advance Ml.

No luck in knowing gender, so disappointed and it's such a loooooooonnnng wait. Now waiting for doc consultation for report reading and I am so hungry. :(
If we choose to bf bb, we will most likely to zzz with the bb at night and other than bath and feed, newborn zzzz throughout the day.
The tedious part will be cooking and most likely busy in pumping out the milk.
Cannot eat first before coming back for report reading?
They know the results instantly?

I will definitely get a confinement lady. I don't think my mil will be able to help me cos she still needs to care for 3 grandsons. I hope to be able to train my maid to cook confinement food. The best is eat for 40 days. For women confinement is the best time to build up your health for life. So do a good one. My sis compared her first and second one. The first she was quite lax and so end up with frequent headaches even after confinement. The second one she did it properly and so 补 back her health. So it is very impt to do properly. Some more I not that young anymore so last chance to build up health.

Yah, I also heard that good confinement can help a woman to have a better health and body than before. That's why I hope I can focus on healing and resting during confinement. I scare if only rope in mother/mil, they will expect me to do more on my own when I feel most important is rest first then got energy to take care of little one in the long run.
I also heard that best is wear long sleeve/pants up to 100 days, to be on the safe side. Although nowadays many people don't do that liao but somehow I feel if chilly wind gets to our body, like not so good.

Hi Xuan_mom, it is indeed quite challenging for you to care for 3 kids who have close age gap.
However, it is a blessing to have a child. Do consider carefully on your decision.
What did your husband say? Is he supportive?
Same as sane, this is my 4th preg n 2nd kid. All kids are precious. Don't give up ger
Positively thinking, caregiving part, it should not be a worry to you.space wise, try to make some arrangement on that like all zzz on floor etc.can squeeze better n close bonding. As you shd have most items, Prob just buying the necessary will do.the 1st you can start toilet train and can save some diaper $$.
Hope things work out for u well

Last edited:

My 1st confinement lady was from agency. Cannot make it. Left 2 wks. Lazy n said wan to quit. So i will not hire one for my 2nd one. Will order confinement tinggat. Not sure healthy though. Also dun wan mil to come n help becoz we wont have the same views. Likely hubby only take 2 wks leave n i will be on my own.

I didnt get to "bu" during my 1st one.i think my body already gone case liao.

Zzz helps??? I realize if I zzzz on side, will trigger.
My boss going on 2weeks leave.
Still can dong, just very tired.wana keep d Hl and sick leave for emergency.my first preg due to high stress level I had mild contraction at 25weeks n went Hl for 2months with advance Ml.

Your job sounds really stress :(
Take a step at a time. If really can't dong, just take mc and rest.

Cannot eat first before coming back for report reading?
They know the results instantly?
Yah, I also heard that good confinement can help a woman to have a better health and body than before. That's why I hope I can focus on healing and resting during confinement. I scare if only rope in mother/mil, they will expect me to do more on my own when I feel most important is rest first then got energy to take care of little one in the long run.
I also heard that best is wear long sleeve/pants up to 100 days, to be on the safe side. Although nowadays many people don't do that liao but somehow I feel if chilly wind gets to our body, like not so good.

The doc on duty will read the results of the report to me and it's a must to empty the bladder. Though I emptied already, there's still plenty of water and the auntie who did the scanning keep nag nag nag o_O
During the confinement, the hardest part for me is bf and I have serious milk engorgement resulting in mastitis and must pump every 3hrs, sleep very very little but the good thing out of it is i lost 14 kgs during my confinement. :)

The doc on duty will read the results of the report to me and it's a must to empty the bladder. Though I emptied already, there's still plenty of water and the auntie who did the scanning keep nag nag nag o_O
During the confinement, the hardest part for me is bf and I have serious milk engorgement resulting in mastitis and must pump every 3hrs, sleep very very little but the good thing out of it is i lost 14 kgs during my confinement. :)
I hope this time my milk supply can be better. Save money...my boy drank a lot of milk so spend a lot on formula milk.

Mummies, @xuan_mom created a whatapps group and SL and I are also in it.
Can pm her if u want to be add in the group.

I hope this time my milk supply can be better. Save money...my boy drank a lot of milk so spend a lot on formula milk.

Eat more fish :D I substitute meat with threadfin during my confinement.

Now is dessert time, mango sago pomelo :)

milk engorgement must be one big nightmare during confinement. Hopefully this time, most of us can pull through with it.
I also hope can breastfeed, can save money and bond with baby.

milk engorgement must be one big nightmare during confinement. Hopefully this time, most of us can pull through with it.
U remind me of my breastfeeding journey. It was a failure. I promise myself to do more research on breastfeeding n also get a better pump for the 2nd one.

BF is the biggest obstacle during confinement and I salute the mummies who endure it but u will have great satisfaction seeing yr bb drinking it. That's the greatest reward :)

I love singing too! Maybe we should have a preggie mum singing session!
But my voice cannot really make it. Haha!

Hey i use to hit partyworld , love ktv but havnt went for long time since i have my no. 1. The most recent one time is my last birthday went w hubby after kids zzz. I realise im still singing outdated song. Haha all new song i also dunno

Back