(2015/07) Jul 2015 mummies

@_janizehl is there a chance you could have O-ed late? In fact, don't be discouraged you had to see the sac via V-scan, coz alot of us also were only able to see via v-scan. Too early / small, use tummy u/s cannot pick up anything.

I planned for a 3 yrs age gap hopefully they will still be closed. I feel 3 yrs gap is a more manageable age for me cos #1 will be more sensible when the younger one comes along. And also, i calculated the overlapping preschool age. I need to tahan 1 year of having 2 kids in preschool before no 1 goes to p1. Cos preschool school fee is so much more exp compared to pri school only $5 a month. So in terms on financial planning and all, 3yrs gap will have the best optimisation. Haha

Tell u all something.. before I found out I was preggy, I dreamt that I tested +ve and went to see gynae. My gynae told me it's a girl :)

Last night, I made the same dream again, this time with another gynae (whom I've never seen before, but in the same clinic as my gynae). She told me I'm having a boy, coz placenta attached to the right side. Told me all about the Ramzi theory. Jialat... haha, think I'm thinking too much about gender liao. Kinda stressed I'll end up with 3 monkeys at home, but nevertheless, I'm telling myself, as long as baby is healthy & normal, I'm happy and blessed with any gender

I planned for a 3 yrs age gap hopefully they will still be closed. I feel 3 yrs gap is a more manageable age for me cos #1 will be more sensible when the younger one comes along. And also, i calculated the overlapping preschool age. I need to tahan 1 year of having 2 kids in preschool before no 1 goes to p1. Cos preschool school fee is so much more exp compared to pri school only $5 a month. So in terms on financial planning and all, 3yrs gap will have the best optimisation. Haha

haha @Ash mum will you think I'm crazy? I had #1 & #2 one year after another. Now #1 going to P1 next yr. Just when I'm gonna be more senang financially, I'm jumping on the bandwagon again with #3!! N u know why I had to have it now???? so that my #3 can enrol in phase 1 using #2's name hehehehehhe

My mum has 3 kids all back to back 1 yr diff but she survived leh. Haha. . She say when we have it, will be able to make do.. i hope so too. 天生天养! But really stressed to be parents nowadays, from care giving to academic to moral values and plus we are working mums also.. zzz.. too tiring. Kudos to those mama with 2 or 3 kids!

haha... I tot I wouldn't be able to survive too, but I did it!!! Now I have to psycho myself to survive 3 w/o help

To me, i enjoyed motherhood throughout all the years until my #1 goes to Primary school. School is so stressful now!! Next year he is P4 streaming year, and this mummy has stress to give birth plus his exams!!!

I think having kids when young or old is all good and different people are ready to have kids at different times. Some do better having kids young, some better when they r older. But kids are always a gift and blessing whatever period they enter our lives. Myself, married in late 20s, then had to care for sick parents, only managed to have more time for child planning at 33 and then #1 came along. With #2, we ttc hoping for a 3yr gap but it never happened and finally now I'm 37, it's happening. And we r overjoyed. My #1 is going for quite a number of enrichments currently coz I like to keep her afternoons occupied, but come next yr, I plan to cut down her classes to just 2/3 coz I won't be able to chauffeur her around too much with the entry of #2, otherwise #2 will have an inconsistent sleep routine. Anyway, most things I can teach her on my own, enrichment is really just to occupy her time.

@saraiii his primary school days suck the very life out of me. bcoz both the mummy and daddy now have to study together wif him! Like him, i look forward the moment the school holiday is around the corner, and dread the start of school week. lol!

Erlisa, that's exactly how I felt last time when I did a dnc at 7wks when no hb was detected. Kept regretting that I didn't wait till at least 9wks to be sure. Coz miracles can happen!!

Erlisa, that's exactly how I felt last time when I did a dnc at 7wks when no hb was detected. Kept regretting that I didn't wait till at least 9wks to be sure. Coz miracles can happen!!

I also did a D&C at week 7 when gynae did not detect any heartbeat. I actually came to regret it after the op.
I should have waited for a week more or two just to be 100% sure.

Do you gals go to the toilet frequently? I'm practically like camping in the toilet since 2 days back leh. After go toilet, i feel thirsty then I drink. and the cycle continues... and at night oso, i seem to have so much water to 'contribute' leh. Also, sleepiness also started to kick in the last 2 days too......

did you all the gynae suggest to do D&C at week 7 when no hb detected? cause my 2nd was a empty sac. waited till almost 8-9 weeks , still no yolk , didn't do a d&c. gynae inserted pills for natural mc.

I also did a D&C at week 7 when gynae did not detect any heartbeat. I actually came to regret it after the op.
I should have waited for a week more or two just to be 100% sure.
Now that we have better information in our hands, we should have more faith in our stand with our decision to hold out longer... till all else fails.

i drink 2.5 to 3 litre during office hour.
Bladder very full but when i go to pee, not a lot leh...

very weird

Wah so many post

Hope all mummies who are sick to gws.

@_janizehl hope everything is OK. Dun think so much

My kids are 4 years apart. When I had #2, my #1 super independent. I just concentrate on #2. #2 very sticky since birth. Think next year I will have headache. #1 will be p2 next year. Stress.

Those of you kids going p1. Dun worry. It's honeymoon. No stress. No exams.

Jia you everyone

Jean, Yar my Gynae suggested dnc coz natural can sometimes end up very painful. But he left it up to me.

Erlisa, Yar from wk5 onwards, wake up at night to pee also. Now hitting wk10, sometimes still wake up at night to pee, worse, if I eat too much fruits, also wake up at 5am for big business!! Tmi... Haha gross. But now I'm no longer as thirsty as I was in wk4-6.

@saraiii my first loss last year hb stopped at 10 weeks. that one no choice must d&c cause the fetus already quite formed up. 2nd one only sac. but I also must say. the pain is!!! my face literally become white

we are expecting our 1st baby on July'15. after 2 yrs marriage
super nervous now, bcoz we are going for second scan this friday.
we scan 2 weeks ago , but still don't have heartbeat.

and tomorrow is very crucial and nervous for us.
pls bless us and our baby.

Hi Hi ! i just spent whole day ..no joke..reading the whole thread hahaha and doing filing of paper work. #3 is super unplanned..no one knows now except my hubs! abit shocked and worried also..

I do want #3. Didnt really plan when but God decided to bless me with #3. Now only Hb knows too. Haven told anyone , not even parents or kids

Last edited:
between parents, only told my mom, haven't told my in-laws... but if my mil finds out that other pple know before her, sure WW3. but anyohow, my husband wants to keep me in the hiding until stomach super obvious... and surprise.... lol

im still so fat from my #2, now i look like im 4mths preg..so sad and also worried for my health thru out the next 9 mths! i have been so sleepy and sluggish. can hardly move after i get off work.. keep craving for kimchi and bananas! madness.. my previous pregnancies no craving n MS at all.. but put on alot of weight ! #1 put on 27kg due to ignorance n greediness haha .. had 2 miscarriages within 6 mths before i was blessed with my rainbow #2 ! #2 i control n control...end up also gain 17 kg lor.... fated to be fat n ugly :( very sad.. anyone wana do pre natal yoga or pilates please include me ok! Thanks!

only hubby and myself know so far.
Not even my parents/in laws.

After my holiday, i will go for my gynae checkup. After that, than will annouce with pix!

@nates_mum : same nor i look like 4 months preggie. today someone offer me seat. I am fat too... But its ok la.. my friends always tell me, its ok... fat= 2 wonderful child. why not? lol

Hi mummies, do you feel like out of breath at times? I was just normal walking also feel very tired. I need to catch some breathing. Recently feel so upset that I cannot seem to take control of my life. Cannot walk abit faster. Cannot zzz well. Cannot eat well too. Xin ku

My girl is getting better. Maybe because she is 3 or I am immuned to the crying since young. Just feel restless.ya I must jiayou. It is just the beginning.

Really many experienced mummies in this thread..
@Mummyof3jays i tink we are same age..haha

Other than my hub, my family knows about this pregnancy..in laws not yet.. Wait till my appt nxt week then inform ba..

Yah.. me too. Like ovulation kind of discharge.

Todaaaaaays wed!! My cheat day for coffeee. Im a coffee addict. Limiting myself to one cup per week now, and no espresso. I had xmas cookie latte frappe during lunch. Soooo shiok! cant wait for next weds. Hur hurrr..

Im a durian lover tooo.. oh man.. now durian season? Die..

Im a confused small size. Petite as in small bones but nicely cushion with layerssssss of fatss.. hahahahahahaha nicer way to say short and fat lah.

I read somebody asked abt west side dr. Im with dr chua frm nuh. Shes very pro and awesome. My gynae for all 3 pregnancies. Had csect for firstborn. No scars.

Hi @ravingnana , thanks for your reco! Do you have the full name of Dr Chua?

@starxiuwen , I just called Dr John Yam's clinic @ Gleneagles, wanting to change my appt to earlier (original is 27 dec). The lady who picked up the call very fierce n sorted threatened & scolded me.. say don't so last min, oredi no more slots yet.. i'm kinda taken aback.. :S I stayed thru and finally managed to secure a slot on 8 Dec.. my 1st appt. It's my 1st pregnancy, so am very lost, and been v worried lately whether everything ok.. cos read a lot that u all have went for your 1st/2nd/3rd appt n i've yet to go for my 1st.. :S The reason why i initialli made a appt so late, was cos when i tested +ve on the test kit last Friday, the GP advised that i can make my 1st appt in end Dec (ard wk 10).. =( Cos she said go too early cant see anything also..

@Kodomo_yy before I went for HK trip, I called to make first appt, although is just a sac but at least he tell me is in the correct position 5 weeks 1 day and prescibed utrogeston to me. And went back to see him again on 6 weeks 5 days because he wish to see has the blood lesser and heart beat could hear.

All my scan was done through virginal because wasn't drinking much water before going. So 3rd appt next sat, I must make sure I drink more water and do the usual ultrasound.

The lady is nice (maybe today she is not in good mood) and 2nd appt onwards I requested weekend, as we do not want to take any leave during weekday to see him. So she insert me on a saturday at 7.30am! Hahahaha.

Dr John memory is so good because he rem one of us in bank and hubby is a smoker. (when Jul I first see him for advice till early Nov seeing him again). He rem us....

Hi Mummies, have you heard of old saying... cannot anyhow shift bed or paint wall of the room of an expecting mummy? something like it may have bad effect on the foetus..

Back