(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Ive heard alot too sending LO too e CC , they tend to fall sick....flu, chicken pox, coughing, HFMD, its a common sickness tho..:(
Now my boy is 13mos, ive still hvnt send him to CC. after hearing all e probs, worry abt my boy's health . ...

Of all that you listed, the chicken pox has a vaccine, so I suggest that you get it for your LO. At least one less thing for him to fall sick with. Plus, no risk of developing shingles in adulthood.

As for cold and flu, those are quite common and unfortunately hard to avoid at any age. Maybe when they are much older, like 4 or 5, when they have better hygiene, like not touch random things then put their hands in their mouths, it'll be better. But if you need to put your lo into cc before that, you'll not be able to avoid it. Just practice good hygiene at home, like sanitise your hands often when he is sick, so that you don't get it too.

For hfmd (and chicken pox) , a lot of it depends on the center. Some centers have quite good hygiene practices and check their students carefully every morning. These centers usually only have one or two cases, rather than outbreaks. For example, where my kid is, there have been only 2-3 cases for the whole of the year. I believe you can check on the moh website on how many cases the cc you may be considering have.

Hope this helps if you need to put your lo into cc.

Of all that you listed, the chicken pox has a vaccine, so I suggest that you get it for your LO. At least one less thing for him to fall sick with. Plus, no risk of developing shingles in adulthood.

As for cold and flu, those are quite common and unfortunately hard to avoid at any age. Maybe when they are much older, like 4 or 5, when they have better hygiene, like not touch random things then put their hands in their mouths, it'll be better. But if you need to put your lo into cc before that, you'll not be able to avoid it. Just practice good hygiene at home, like sanitise your hands often when he is sick, so that you don't get it too.

For hfmd (and chicken pox) , a lot of it depends on the center. Some centers have quite good hygiene practices and check their students carefully every morning. These centers usually only have one or two cases, rather than outbreaks. For example, where my kid is, there have been only 2-3 cases for the whole of the year. I believe you can check on the moh website on how many cases the cc you may be considering have.

Hope this helps if you need to put your lo into cc.
Mummy ur info is in details.. appreciate it so much :*

I know dat flu cnt b avoid.. cos once they hv flu it will also lead to cough den fever...:(
Its normal for all e pity LO.. YEA i know abt e vaccine for chcken pox.. rota virus n flu too..
Still considering abt enrolling my LO to cc.. :/
Bt pls gimme an advice of putting ur LO in e cc, they will b treated fairly, they will b more independent?? care to share mummies...
TIA

Mummy ur info is in details.. appreciate it so much :*

I know dat flu cnt b avoid.. cos once they hv flu it will also lead to cough den fever...:(
Its normal for all e pity LO.. YEA i know abt e vaccine for chcken pox.. rota virus n flu too..
Still considering abt enrolling my LO to cc.. :/
Bt pls gimme an advice of putting ur LO in e cc, they will b treated fairly, they will b more independent?? care to share mummies...
TIA
The good thing about being over a year old is that they can take decongestants if necessary, and they are also better at coughing out the phlegm. Small silver lining. :)

I think for the cc, it is really dependent on the cc. We got quite lucky, and our kid really likes going to school, and the teachers also like her. So you need to visit the cc, and see whether you know parents in the cc and check with them how they find the cc before you decide.
I don't have a comparison of whether she is more independent after going to cc versus before, because she was enrolled at 9 months. But I know that she has learnt a lot in school, and she will do things like bring her plate and bowl to the kitchen after her meals. So it has been good for us, as we are both working, so we will not be able to interact and teach her a lot, since we only mostly spend time with her on the weekends.

The good thing about being over a year old is that they can take decongestants if necessary, and they are also better at coughing out the phlegm. Small silver lining. :)

I think for the cc, it is really dependent on the cc. We got quite lucky, and our kid really likes going to school, and the teachers also like her. So you need to visit the cc, and see whether you know parents in the cc and check with them how they find the cc before you decide.
I don't have a comparison of whether she is more independent after going to cc versus before, because she was enrolled at 9 months. But I know that she has learnt a lot in school, and she will do things like bring her plate and bowl to the kitchen after her meals. So it has been good for us, as we are both working, so we will not be able to interact and teach her a lot, since we only mostly spend time with her on the weekends.
Thanks once again for sharing..;)

Ya i shud go to e CC n ask e parents whom I know abt e cc n hws their kids dng at e CC. . thnk u for ur kind n helpful tips...being a parent is nt easy tho... we always wanted e best for our kiddos..:)

Mummies, just check if all of you are looking after your kids yourselves or you have helpers? My son all along stay with my mil till Friday then I bring him home till Sunday evening he go back to mil Hse. But as my son is starting cc so my son will start staying with me this Thursday onwards. Frankly speaking I am a little scare cos my son hasn't slept thru yet, he will wake up at least once, sometimes 3 times a night... Anyone child still wakes up at night, how do you cope when you have to work and take care of your child?

Mummies, just check if all of you are looking after your kids yourselves or you have helpers? My son all along stay with my mil till Friday then I bring him home till Sunday evening he go back to mil Hse. But as my son is starting cc so my son will start staying with me this Thursday onwards. Frankly speaking I am a little scare cos my son hasn't slept thru yet, he will wake up at least once, sometimes 3 times a night... Anyone child still wakes up at night, how do you cope when you have to work and take care of your child?

We have a helper, but the care is primarily from the both of us. When our child wakes up, we take turns (like alternating nights) to either carry to sleep or let her sleep on us (the method to put back to sleep varies with the child). And yes, we both work, so are just chronically sleep deprived.

We have a helper, but the care is primarily from the both of us. When our child wakes up, we take turns (like alternating nights) to either carry to sleep or let her sleep on us (the method to put back to sleep varies with the child). And yes, we both work, so are just chronically sleep deprived.

Thanks mummy nayiepw, it makes me feel better to know that I am not alone. Hopefully one day my boy can sleep thru the night.

Thanks mummy nayiepw, it makes me feel better to know that I am not alone. Hopefully one day my boy can sleep thru the night.

We definitely miss our uninterrupted sleep. :) And when the child goes to CC, they tend to fall sick, and that makes the night sleeps that much worse. *sigh*

Hi mummies, my boy is 19 months now. Not sure why he can't sleep through the night recently. He will wake up every 3 hours and cry for hug or request for milk ard 5am. He used to sleep through the night without asking for milk previously. Is it a growing phase? I m really exhausted as dun know what I can do. Thank you!

Hi mummies, my boy is 19 months now. Not sure why he can't sleep through the night recently. He will wake up every 3 hours and cry for hug or request for milk ard 5am. He used to sleep through the night without asking for milk previously. Is it a growing phase? I m really exhausted as dun know what I can do. Thank you!

We experienced some sleep regression too, although not to the extent of waking up every 3 hours, maybe more like 2 times a night (she sleeps from about 9pm to 5+am). It lasted for about 2 months plus I think. I think she is down to about waking up once a night now, although she is sick at the moment, so its a bit hard to tell. She used to be able to put herself back to sleep, but I guess there are a lot of changes at the moment (like transitioning to a bed), so somehow she lost that ability. Hopefully she will regain that soon. Sorry that this isn't more helpful, other than to say that we are experiencing it too. I usually try to alternate nights with my husband.

@Nayiepw, that's very helpful at least I know it is the common sleep regression that they are going through.. I read on the Internet that this is common for 18 months toddler. Recently I also realised that he is teething. 3 teeth growing at the same time. Maybe this is part of the reason too. Thank you!

Hello mummies,

My son caught the herpangina virus at a baby shower on Sunday.

It seems to have developed into hfmd. I'm currently considering engaging the professional to disinfect & sanitize my entire place and toys.

I approached one Company, and was advised that it is better to disinfect and sanitize the home while he is still sick as it helps with the recovery.

Any mummies engaged such Co's before?

Do you disinfect after your child recover or while they are still sick?

@Nayiepw, that's very helpful at least I know it is the common sleep regression that they are going through.. I read on the Internet that this is common for 18 months toddler. Recently I also realised that he is teething. 3 teeth growing at the same time. Maybe this is part of the reason too. Thank you!

Oh, teething will definitely make them more fussy! Hopefully the teeth will break through soon, and it'll get better. We found the top two front teeth to be the worst for our LO. Good luck!

Hello mummies,

My son caught the herpangina virus at a baby shower on Sunday.

It seems to have developed into hfmd. I'm currently considering engaging the professional to disinfect & sanitize my entire place and toys.

I approached one Company, and was advised that it is better to disinfect and sanitize the home while he is still sick as it helps with the recovery.

Any mummies engaged such Co's before?

Do you disinfect after your child recover or while they are still sick?

Our LO had one mild case of herpangina. We just did the sanitisation on our own. Essentially washing all her bedding and clothes. And all her toys were sprayed with the sanitising spray that was safe for babies, and washed. This was done once we got the diagnosis.

Hi mummies, hope all are well. So fast, our lo gg to b 2 soon. I gg to bring my lo to genting next Friday n it will be the first time I am bringing my lo on a trip... May I have some tips please. I am very afraid that he will be cranky during the coach trip.. TIA.

Hi mummies, hope all are well. So fast, our lo gg to b 2 soon. I gg to bring my lo to genting next Friday n it will be the first time I am bringing my lo on a trip... May I have some tips please. I am very afraid that he will be cranky during the coach trip.. TIA.

We have not done long coach journeys...only long train rides. What we do is to pack quite a bit of entertainment (books, toys, puzzles, games) that is accessible, and slowly bring them out during the trip. And also food and snacks to keep the kiddo entertained. Also walked around quite a bit up and down the length of the train, although I am not sure whether that is possible on the bus, since it will be more shaky. Then the other thing is to hope that the kiddo will sleep for a portion of the trip. Hope this helps!

Hi all,has been quite a while. Recently, lo hv been coughing badly at night, tried the vick method even applying theivies essential oil on his feet but nothing works. Which pd do u bring ur lo to? We live in Jurong....

Hi all,has been quite a while. Recently, lo hv been coughing badly at night, tried the vick method even applying theivies essential oil on his feet but nothing works. Which pd do u bring ur lo to? We live in Jurong....
Hope your kiddo is feeling better now.
We go to Dr Liew Woei Keong at Gleneagles. If your lo is coughing and you suspect it may be due to allergies, then he is probably the doctor for you. Good luck.

Hi Mummies. Need some advice here. My daughter just started CC about 2 months ago but I have noticed quite high turnover rate for the teachers in the CC. Within the period of 2 months, 2 new teachers joined in replacement of 2 that have left. Both the principal and the director have not mentioned anything about their teacher's movement to us parents at all, and the teachers movements were told by the teachers themselves. Is that the right protocol? Shouldn't the principal keep the parents informed of the teacher's movement/ reshuffling? Should I be concerned of the high turnover rate of the teachers?

Back