(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Anyone started feeding LO with yogurt? LO is coming 11 mo. Can start? Farmers union or Paul's natural yogurt ok?

Can we use butter, coconut oil, olive oil in LO's food? Eg for scrambled eggs etc...

Running out of ideas for her food. It's so boring...oats with fruits and porridge with pumpkin/ carrot/sweet potato, fish/meat/egg yolk and green veg.

We have given ours yoghurt - the natural, unsweetened one and mixed in with banana/apple/fruits.
She also gets cakes, so yes, she gets butter/sugar. :)

We have given ours yoghurt - the natural, unsweetened one and mixed in with banana/apple/fruits.
She also gets cakes, so yes, she gets butter/sugar. :)

Ok shall get yogurt next time I go supermarket.

Oooooo.... Cakes.....

The only sugar she gets is the raw sugar I add to my homemade bread. Is it ok to eat wholemeal bread (30% wholemeal) ?

Do you strictly follow the 3-4 weeks rule of discarding formula powder or cereal after opening? Why cannot give?

I'm trying to give LO formula but she refuses so I can't finished a can by 3-4 weeks. Find it wasteful to keep throwing.

Do you strictly follow the 3-4 weeks rule of discarding formula powder or cereal after opening? Why cannot give?

I'm trying to give LO formula but she refuses so I can't finished a can by 3-4 weeks. Find it wasteful to keep throwing.
Formula yes. Cereal no.
I guess the 3 to 4 weeks mark is to prevent and avoid contamination..

Hi mummies,I heard that babies above 1 year old can drink fresh milk. What kind of fresh milk though? I'm not too sure.
I'm intending to ask PD next month. I heard it's good to transit to fresh milk instead of powdered formula cos it has lesser calories and lesser sugar. But I'm wondering if cold milk is good for babies stomach since we store fresh milk in the fridge.

Anyone started feeding LO with yogurt? LO is coming 11 mo. Can start? Farmers union or Paul's natural yogurt ok?

Can we use butter, coconut oil, olive oil in LO's food? Eg for scrambled eggs etc...

Running out of ideas for her food. It's so boring...oats with fruits and porridge with pumpkin/ carrot/sweet potato, fish/meat/egg yolk and green veg.
I've been feeding yoghurt since 7 months. Natural yoghurt is better than fruit yoghurt. U can add fresh fruits to it. I think it's also ok to start preparing for table food.i.e. eating the same as the family without that much salt or seasoning. I pan fry fish and meat with olive oil and also give her butter in her bread too. I don't bake breads so I give her sunshine wholemeal.

I've been feeding yoghurt since 7 months. Natural yoghurt is better than fruit yoghurt. U can add fresh fruits to it. I think it's also ok to start preparing for table food.i.e. eating the same as the family without that much salt or seasoning. I pan fry fish and meat with olive oil and also give her butter in her bread too. I don't bake breads so I give her sunshine wholemeal.

Yeah! More choices for my girl. Yogurt is cold too... Ok to give? Difficult to give same food as us coz now my mum usually comes and cook for me 3 times a week and she can't do without salt, soy sauce and mushroom powder.

Ok shall get yogurt next time I go supermarket.

Oooooo.... Cakes.....

The only sugar she gets is the raw sugar I add to my homemade bread. Is it ok to eat wholemeal bread (30% wholemeal) ?

I have been giving mine wholemeal bread for a while now, also homemade. :) I usually just make it a point for her to drink more water when eating the bread.

As my girl has been taking fresh fruit puree, which is somewhat cold, since the fruits are in the fridge, it was not too difficult for her to take yoghurt from the fridge. The first time they take, they may make a face because they are surprised by the cold, but if they go for it again, means they are okay with it. You may have to try a few yoghurt brands though, some are too tart or too thick and may not be to their liking. So I usually buy the smallest tub I can find. Oh, you can try her on the happy yogi yoghurt bite snacks too. Mine loves them and gets so excited when she sees the packet.

I am running out of idea for baby food. Have been cooking porridge daily, and pasta once in awhile. Anymore ideas mummies? :)

Today my baby had her first 2-3 walking steps without holding on anything. One more milestones for her! But still,, crawling and cruising ard is still her favourite. She is 10mths old, 7.9kg. I wonder when her weight will increase. She has been at this weight for at least the past 2 mths.. Thats why thinking of introducing new food.

Can our baby eat our food soon?? Is it ok to introduce adults food now? Or wait until 1 yr old..

I am running out of idea for baby food. Have been cooking porridge daily, and pasta once in awhile. Anymore ideas mummies? :)

Today my baby had her first 2-3 walking steps without holding on anything. One more milestones for her! But still,, crawling and cruising ard is still her favourite. She is 10mths old, 7.9kg. I wonder when her weight will increase. She has been at this weight for at least the past 2 mths.. Thats why thinking of introducing new food.

Can our baby eat our food soon?? Is it ok to introduce adults food now? Or wait until 1 yr old..
I think can start introducing table food (adult food without the salt and seasoning) to her soon. I started at 9 months cos she's always looking and staring at our food. I'm doing baby led weaning so now I'm starting to teach her how to use a spoon cos she's been using her hands and fingers all along.

I think can start introducing table food (adult food without the salt and seasoning) to her soon. I started at 9 months cos she's always looking and staring at our food. I'm doing baby led weaning so now I'm starting to teach her how to use a spoon cos she's been using her hands and fingers all along.

Sometimes I let her eat with her fingers and it gets so messy. Face, clothes, table, floor....

My baby is 1 yr and 2weeks and she weighs 8kg. Small baby. During her 1yr injection, the nurse mention if by the next appt her weight still low, will have to go for some assessment. Other than that, her developments have been good. The growth curve is 'curving' well. So as for now nothing much to worry.

I intro adult food to her as well just lesser salt. Or sometimes I take out her portion before adding salt. She has been eating rice as well. Not too fond of porridge anymore. Sometimes, I make her fried rice, baby version. Garlic saute in olive oil, add meat (fish or chicken) add rice, add egg.
I've been introducing spices/herbs in her food since she was 8-9mths old. Nutmeg, cinnamon, rosemary, mixed herb etc... she loves them tho.

U can try garlic mash potatoes with nutmeg. Sometimes I add fish/chicken/beef to it.

Steam fish with kaffir lime leaves and ginger. (Smells like tomyam)

Saute garlic and ginger in olive oil, add sliced lime leaves, add mince chicken, add carrots. Can also add coriander leaves roots. Eat with rice or porridge. This is my personal fav.

I let her try HL fresh milk just now. She seems to like it and keep asking for more. She rejected formula. I tried bottle, spoon, syringe, cup, all also dont want. I really hope she drinks fresh milk. Will try again tmr and see how much she can take.

Sometimes I let her eat with her fingers and it gets so messy. Face, clothes, table, floor....
Hahaha it's part of parcel of baby led weaning. Now I leave a suction bowl in front of her tray and she would eat from the bowl. Lesser spillage!! Get those silicon bibs that have a front pouch to hold the food too.

Hahaha it's part of parcel of baby led weaning. Now I leave a suction bowl in front of her tray and she would eat from the bowl. Lesser spillage!! Get those silicon bibs that have a front pouch to hold the food too.

I just bought Nuk suction bowl yday. Also ordered silicon mat from qoo10 for use outside. Any particular silicon bibs that is good or no diff?

I just bought Nuk suction bowl yday. Also ordered silicon mat from qoo10 for use outside. Any particular silicon bibs that is good or no diff?
I like tommee tippee. It's the same quality as baby bjorn but much cheaper. Or u can get summer infant. It's the cheapest of them all. I'm based in usa so I get them either from amazon or Drugstore. Com

I like tommee tippee. It's the same quality as baby bjorn but much cheaper. Or u can get summer infant. It's the cheapest of them all. I'm based in usa so I get them either from amazon or Drugstore. Com

Thank you. USA has so many bb stuff that are cheaper than singapore. Miss traveling there.

Any recommendations on what to get? LO is turning one soon and we are heading back to sg soon too! Want to stock up stuff that's good and recommended before we head back.

I bought things Avent milk bottles, pacifier, milk powder dispenser, bibs, baby clothes, sleeping bags, fisher price toys etc from amazon.com... ;)you can buy Levis, Osh Kosh or Carter's baby clothes from the States before coming back as really cheap there... If you got free shipping to help us relocate back, you can even consider bring car seat back..

I bought things Avent milk bottles, pacifier, milk powder dispenser, bibs, baby clothes, sleeping bags, fisher price toys etc from amazon.com... ;)you can buy Levis, Osh Kosh or Carter's baby clothes from the States before coming back as really cheap there... If you got free shipping to help us relocate back, you can even consider bring car seat back..
Thanks for the recommendations! We have shipping back!are car seats compatible with sg cars? I assume they r universal?

Thanks for the recommendations! We have shipping back!are car seats compatible with sg cars? I assume they r universal?

Yes. Should be universal.. You can get those more well known brand like Graco or Maxi Cosi, etc if you are worry.. I feel that US has more varieties and cheaper. Also US has very strict requirements about car seat as compare to SG.. I wanted to get one from Amazon previously but plus shipping not worth it already..

Anyone register childcare for LO already? Just spoken to one of the child care principal this morning.. Likely will go for it as the principal seems to be quite nice and its near my MIL place. She can help to fetch him earlier...

Anyone register childcare for LO already? Just spoken to one of the child care principal this morning.. Likely will go for it as the principal seems to be quite nice and its near my MIL place. She can help to fetch him earlier...
Which childcare is that? I signed up my girl for childcare too at my first skool. They dun hav opening yet, hopefully there will be in 6 mths time.. :)

Hi mommies, for those who had been giving your LO 3 meals a day, do you give them milk while they are eating their food or feed separately at another timing? And also how much milk intake are they taking in now per day? Thanks!

Thanks for replying! OK I'm about there too.. but lately he doesn't really finish his milk, probably cos teething and had fever and flu. Or maybe sian of his milk already

My boy sometimes also cannot finish him milk.. Sometime he can put the teats in his mouth very long but don't want to suck and drink..

Mummies, when you say ur babies slept thru the night, it is really like they never wake up till morning or they still do make some noises n fidget then you or hubby pat pat ur Lo abit then they go bk to slp. Just trying to get some understanding. Thanks.

Mummies, when you say ur babies slept thru the night, it is really like they never wake up till morning or they still do make some noises n fidget then you or hubby pat pat ur Lo abit then they go bk to slp. Just trying to get some understanding. Thanks.

My baby will still fidget a few times thru the night. sometimes she can go back to sleep on her own. sometimes she cant then i'll have to pat her back to sleep with her pacifier.

Mine sleeps from 8.30pm to about 5.30am. Sometimes at around midnight, she may make noise a bit, but is actually still sleeping. Other times she may wake up a bit, but is usually able to put herself back to sleep.

Mine sleeps from 8.30pm to about 5.30am. Sometimes at around midnight, she may make noise a bit, but is actually still sleeping. Other times she may wake up a bit, but is usually able to put herself back to sleep.
Wa... Not bad already.

mine still not sleeping through!!! sobz

Yeah, don't worry, before you know it, yours will be sleeping through. Different babies hit the milestones at different times. Jia you!

Dun worry you are not alone... Mine 2... Hv to keep patting him... And he wakes up early no matter hw late he sleeps...

Same here! Mine can sleep at 9 or 10pm and still wake up at 5am...and then take very short naps. So total amount of sleep a day sometimes can only be 10hrs. *sigh*

Hello mummies.. do you mind to share types of food u prepare for the little one? What vegetables are good etc? I m still learning how to prepare delicious food for my boy. Thank you!

Hello mummies.. do you mind to share types of food u prepare for the little one? What vegetables are good etc? I m still learning how to prepare delicious food for my boy. Thank you!

We give steamed broccoli, carrots, apples, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, with chicken/pork/salmon, with rice/pasta/potatoes. Sometimes we blend it after cooking, other times, we chop them up into small bits. Lately, she seems to like to feed herself, so we have been giving bigger chunks, so that she can pick them up.
She also gets bread with peanut butter for breakfast or cake (pretty much what we eat).

If your boy is past a year old, you can also add in cooked eggs.

We give steamed broccoli, carrots, apples, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, with chicken/pork/salmon, with rice/pasta/potatoes. Sometimes we blend it after cooking, other times, we chop them up into small bits. Lately, she seems to like to feed herself, so we have been giving bigger chunks, so that she can pick them up.
She also gets bread with peanut butter for breakfast or cake (pretty much what we eat).

If your boy is past a year old, you can also add in cooked eggs.

Thank you for the info!

No. Only tried hip seat carrier once or twice. Thanks for suggestion. How did you eventually get past the period of carry to sleep?

We got ourselves a carrier to get her to nap in (this was used the most during months 3-4). Best get one that fits you well, as otherwise, you will get aches after carrying for long periods. I also use ring slings and wraps to get her to sleep. Its something about being close to us that gets her to sleep more easily. Now when I want her to nap/sleep at a certain time, wrapping her helps put her to sleep faster (even though she will cry and strain to get out and play at first before giving up -_-). For the nights, she eventually set her own bedtime and we got to the stage where after her bedtime routine (story, wipe down, last feed), we will switch the lights off and lie down with her, and she will go to sleep. For naps, sometimes I still have to babywear her to get her to nap.

Another thing we tried earlier on was the sarong or yaolan, which worked very well until she could flip, then she wanted to sleep on her stomach, so couldn't use it anymore.

But I think this varies a lot between babies. So I hope one of the suggestions above works for you!

mummies, need some advise here.

I've been exclusive pumping for 1 year but recently supply has drop drastically which I can't figure out why too.

been pumping 8hrly since baby turn 6mos.
was abt 200ml per pump session. now drop till 130ml. :(

any remedy to boost back my supply?
or is it my body telling me is time to stop milking?

@highness Increase water intake. If you have been eating fenugreek, can try increasing the dosage. Check if pump suction is not as strong before too. All these help me.

Jia you!

We got ourselves a carrier to get her to nap in (this was used the most during months 3-4). Best get one that fits you well, as otherwise, you will get aches after carrying for long periods. I also use ring slings and wraps to get her to sleep. Its something about being close to us that gets her to sleep more easily. Now when I want her to nap/sleep at a certain time, wrapping her helps put her to sleep faster (even though she will cry and strain to get out and play at first before giving up -_-). For the nights, she eventually set her own bedtime and we got to the stage where after her bedtime routine (story, wipe down, last feed), we will switch the lights off and lie down with her, and she will go to sleep. For naps, sometimes I still have to babywear her to get her to nap.

Another thing we tried earlier on was the sarong or yaolan, which worked very well until she could flip, then she wanted to sleep on her stomach, so couldn't use it anymore.

But I think this varies a lot between babies. So I hope one of the suggestions above works for you!
Thanks! My baby sleeps in her own room. Hence to put her down and leave the room is not possible. Maybe I will try lying down on same bed before transferring over to her own cot after she sleeps.

Back