(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hello,
You have have already tried this, but if you haven't, mix the other kinds of food you want to introduce with the banana. I went with one spoonful at a time into her apple mash (she really likes apples), until you hit a point where the new food versus banana (in your case) is too much, then they may not want. Then the next time, start at a higher new food versus banana mix. The heinz biscotti also helped us I think. We started with the apple biscotti, then when she liked the biscotti, we moved to other flavours. There is also a banana biscotti.

Let me try.. I found these few days she likes to eat runny porridge too. Mixed with chicken or pork. If beef, she throw it out also. Haiyoh..

Hi mummies..any one has 2 kids age gap less than 2 years old? My friend just found out she's pregnant and she has a may sg50 baby as well...gap would be 1 yr 5 months. ..she's worried if she can handle.

Hi Mummies,

I'm new here. My baby is 9.5 months. She still wakes up twice at night and i DL. She takes solids twice a day.
Anyone experiencing the same?
How can i make her sleep through the night!
thanks.

Hi mummies..any one has 2 kids age gap less than 2 years old? My friend just found out she's pregnant and she has a may sg50 baby as well...gap would be 1 yr 5 months. ..she's worried if she can handle.
Does your friend have anyone to help her? I have 2 kids who are 1.5 yr apart. I was lucky as my mil helped me with my 1st child during weekdays. On weekends, my 2 kids were with me, felt rushed but still can cope. I had to be less fussy abt some stuff, like no need to be so clean with e house etc.

Hi, any mummies give little one eat yogurt??? Any brand to recommend and where to buy?
I give yoplait to my kids n they are all ok with it. Going to start with my 6mth old baby next week. Yoplait has a few types. I buy e really small sized ones to start with. Can buy at ntuc, but sometimes e small ones run out pretty fast.

Does your friend have anyone to help her? I have 2 kids who are 1.5 yr apart. I was lucky as my mil helped me with my 1st child during weekdays. On weekends, my 2 kids were with me, felt rushed but still can cope. I had to be less fussy abt some stuff, like no need to be so clean with e house etc.
She doesn't have help yet and is thinking of hiring a helper. She's currently based overseas so she takes care of her child her own.. Thanks for sharing it's very helpful. Was 1.5 yr gap tough?she's contemplating about the pregnancy cos it was unplanned and she's not ready for #2 now that her child is only 10 months old..

Hi Mummies,

I'm new here. My baby is 9.5 months. She still wakes up twice at night and i DL. She takes solids twice a day.
thanks.
Hi Ginny... my little one as well. Now she 10.5 months. She still wake up twice at 11 or 12 mn and 3 or 4 am.. also feel tiring....

so far havent been giving my 10 months old baby yogurt. But i guess i wouldnt try flavoured ones cos too much sugar. i would just get greek yogurt and blend some fresh fruits in. would be much healthier that way. And since baby taste is developing, can let them try more flavours (mango, strawberry, blueberry etc).

Hi Mummies,

thanks.
Hi Ginny

Yes I still direct latch at night too! Been wanting to wean and it has been too difficult! Failed... in the day he's OK he doesn't really need me and can just drink fm. At night give him fm he doesn't want... will insist on waiting for me haha

Anyone started giving cheese to baby already?

Any recommendation?

I have been giving cheese slices with bread for breakfast. Sometimes kraft cheesestick on its own for snacks.
So far my girl loves it. (She has to love cheese as I am also a cheese lover. Hehehhe)

She doesn't have help yet and is thinking of hiring a helper. She's currently based overseas so she takes care of her child her own.. Thanks for sharing it's very helpful. Was 1.5 yr gap tough?she's contemplating about the pregnancy cos it was unplanned and she's not ready for #2 now that her child is only 10 months old..
It wasn't that bad as I had help. But again it depends on the kids' personalities. My 1st child (boy) was Super impatient for his milk while my 2nd one (girl) didn't want milk at all. She was on milk strike from 2.5 mths to 5mths. I just started solids with her at 5mths cos tired of tricking her to drink milk. Always had to make her drowsy b4 I could trick her into drinking. My 3rd kid was Super easy to take care, always sleeping, make some small little sounds when hungry n patiently wait for her milk. If no milk, just went back to sleep. I didn't even have to rock her. So it all depends on kids' personalities. If your friend needs help, maybe can get neighbour or any new made trusted friends to help out once in a while. Any breather definitely big help to keep sanity.

It wasn't that bad as I had help. But again it depends on the kids' personalities. My 1st child (boy) was Super impatient for his milk while my 2nd one (girl) didn't want milk at all. She was on milk strike from 2.5 mths to 5mths. I just started solids with her at 5mths cos tired of tricking her to drink milk. Always had to make her drowsy b4 I could trick her into drinking. My 3rd kid was Super easy to take care, always sleeping, make some small little sounds when hungry n patiently wait for her milk. If no milk, just went back to sleep. I didn't even have to rock her. So it all depends on kids' personalities. If your friend needs help, maybe can get neighbour or any new made trusted friends to help out once in a while. Any breather definitely big help to keep sanity.
Wow you have three kids? Amazing mummy!! I hope to share this info with her cos she's still wondering about this unplanned pregnancy if it's one for her to keep or not..

Hi Ginny tan, my 10.5mth boy too... Still wakes up 1 to 2 times a night... In between he will fidget too... Tiring... Just pray he will sleep thru soon...

Hi Ginny... my little one as well. Now she 10.5 months. She still wake up twice at 11 or 12 mn and 3 or 4 am.. also feel tiring....

Hi Ivy,
Yup, so tiring. ha..
She wakes up about 2am and 6am and starts whining. I tried to feed supper (3rd meal - small portion of cereal with fruits puree) at about 9pm followed by bm at 10pm before we go to bed. She still wakes up! Not sure when will she sleep through the night.

Hi Ginny

Yes I still direct latch at night too! Been wanting to wean and it has been too difficult! Failed... in the day he's OK he doesn't really need me and can just drink fm. At night give him fm he doesn't want... will insist on waiting for me haha[/QUOT

Hi eatsleepgym,
When do you plan to wean? My plan is when she's 1 year old but it depends. haha

Wow you have three kids? Amazing mummy!! I hope to share this info with her cos she's still wondering about this unplanned pregnancy if it's one for her to keep or not..
I have 4 kids. Youngest now 6mth. Oldest 11years old. Time management is very important. Have to learn to go easy on some stuff. I used to be ocd. Now just learn to close 2 eyes. My older kids help to clean up, somewhat... Need to manage time well. Somehow will adjust n manage when e baby comes.

Hi mummies. . Can you help to feel on your bb soft spot on the head n let me know how is it feel like at 11 months? My bb bumped on his soft spot at nanny house last Friday. But no one can tell me how he bumped as he moved too fast. Then I touched his soft spot which is slight curve in as normal and just in front of the soft spot is the raised Ridge or bulging bone. I can't find the correct word to describe. But my hubby who always touch bb head said it seem like the soft spot is closing up and that's always a raised Ridge in front of it. I have no idea as seldom touch bb soft spot. But quite worry at the same time. He is perfectly ok these few days.. still playing n very active. Appreciate your comments.

I have 4 kids. Youngest now 6mth. Oldest 11years old. Time management is very important. Have to learn to go easy on some stuff. I used to be ocd. Now just learn to close 2 eyes. My older kids help to clean up, somewhat... Need to manage time well. Somehow will adjust n manage when e baby comes.
I really amired mummies with so many kids.. I still can't imagine how can I manage if I have 2....

Any mummies want to buy Goon? I bought them at steal price, but got too many stock now. Either to cancel my order or sell away to anyone who is keen. Only got 1 set of 4 packs, ok for any sizes..Just PM me. As I need to decide by today..

I have been giving cheese slices with bread for breakfast. Sometimes kraft cheesestick on its own for snacks.
So far my girl loves it. (She has to love cheese as I am also a cheese lover. Hehehhe)
Just curious, how do you feed bread? The baby is able to swallow it?

Let me try.. I found these few days she likes to eat runny porridge too. Mixed with chicken or pork. If beef, she throw it out also. Haiyoh..
I have also found that she likes textured foods. So now we are steaming carrots and cutting up into small cubes. Maybe that will work for yours too!

I'm a cheese lover too!! Haha OK thanks! I'm just worried for the salt content too high or what... wanna give yogurt and cheese but every time don't know which one to get... study the ingredients too much and ended up not getting anything... I think I think too much already

Hey how do u give her cheese? Need to steam or cook? My hubby said cheese has to be steam at least 10mins and let it melt.. Cant just give to baby like that.

Just curious, how do you feed bread? The baby is able to swallow it?

Yes.. Sometime I just tear a piece let my boy hold and eat himself. So far he is ok.. Just the last small bit he keep holding in his fist don't know how to put into his mouth.. We tried give him all kind of diff bread like white bread, wholemeal bread, etc..

Yes.. Sometime I just tear a piece let my boy hold and eat himself. So far he is ok.. Just the last small bit he keep holding in his fist don't know how to put into his mouth.. We tried give him all kind of diff bread like white bread, wholemeal bread, etc..

Can LO take wholemeal bread? Isn't it hard to digest?

Can LO take wholemeal bread? Isn't it hard to digest?
My LO also eats wholemeal bread, in fact we only allow them to eat wholemeal and not others. She loves it for her breakfast, always open her mouth big big. But once she eats porridge for lunch, she makes noise.. Sweat!

Hi mommies, how many feeds of milk per day are u all giving ur LOs nowadays? And have u all changed to stage 2 formulas already?
Mine very very little. She has been on milk strike for quite awhile. And yes we changed to stage 2 milk already. To complement bm. I think mine drink as little as 250ml a day excludes latch. Sigh..

Hi mommies, how many feeds of milk per day are u all giving ur LOs nowadays? And have u all changed to stage 2 formulas already?
Mine takes about 6 feeds a day. 3 latch, 3 bottle (abt 150-170 each feed). In addition to 2-3 solid feeds.
Yup, we have changed to stage 2 for quite a while (changed at 6mths), and are planning to move to stage 3 soon.

Also no! It took her 1 hr to finish her meal. She has not been in good appetite for 1 mth or so. Very sad.. :(

Oh dear, this can definitely be stressful for the parents. But if she is generally happy and playful, she is probably getting enough food. And if that is the case, then not too worry!
It could also that she is teething and her gums are bothering her. That happened for mine - her appetite dropped suddenly for a while and we couldn't figure out why until one day, some white on the gum appeared and then we were like ah...new tooth. :)

I'm a cheese lover too!! Haha OK thanks! I'm just worried for the salt content too high or what... wanna give yogurt and cheese but every time don't know which one to get... study the ingredients too much and ended up not getting anything... I think I think too much already

Sometimes reading too much into everything will kill us. Hahhaha... take it easy, ok. My girl is turning 1 in less than 2 weeks.
I have been introducing bread and cheese since she was abt 10mths old. Cut the bread into cubes. And its a good way for babies to practice pincher skills and eye mouth coordination.

Today my bb went for pneumococcal jab 2nd dose. 37.2deg highest, i supposed no fever. I did ask doctor how to increase my girl's appetite. She only said to give more variety to baby. Mayb now my bb has her own preference. Sigh..

Today she poo 3x though. After 2days no poo. And she has been eating quite well too. Hopefully tml she will be eating as good as today. Everyday i keep my finger crossed..

Today my bb went for pneumococcal jab 2nd dose. 37.2deg highest, i supposed no fever. I did ask doctor how to increase my girl's appetite. She only said to give more variety to baby. Mayb now my bb has her own preference. Sigh..

Today she poo 3x though. After 2days no poo. And she has been eating quite well too. Hopefully tml she will be eating as good as today. Everyday i keep my finger crossed..

Have you tried feeding her at lunch, while you are eating too? Does she show interest in the food that you are eating?
Mine now wants to eat what I eat, so I sometimes pinch of a bit of what I eat and let her try. If that works for you, then maybe you can figure out what your baby likes.

Have you tried feeding her at lunch, while you are eating too? Does she show interest in the food that you are eating?
Mine now wants to eat what I eat, so I sometimes pinch of a bit of what I eat and let her try. If that works for you, then maybe you can figure out what your baby likes.
Yes we eat tog, i gave her my food she looked away. At times she ok to eat bread.. She pushes away her snacks at times too. But once she wants to eat, she will eat.

Last edited:
Any of your lo like to scratch his/her head.? My boy like to scratch his head especially when its hot and when he's going to sleep.. Scratch till a lot of scars all over his head now. My MIL don't dare to cut his nail so I only manage to cut once a week during weekend..

Any of your lo like to scratch his/her head.? My boy like to scratch his head especially when its hot and when he's going to sleep.. Scratch till a lot of scars all over his head now. My MIL don't dare to cut his nail so I only manage to cut once a week during weekend..
Exactly the same as mine hahaha!!

Yes we eat tog, i gave her my food she looked away. At times she ok to eat bread.. She pushes away her snacks at times too. But once she wants to eat, she will eat.

Maybe your girl is very self disciplined with her food intake, which is not a bad thing. It seems like she will eat when she is hungry, so not to worry. :)

Maybe your girl is very self disciplined with her food intake, which is not a bad thing. It seems like she will eat when she is hungry, so not to worry. :)
Yeah.. Only that her intake is really low. She keeps moving and sweating, but milk n food intake is really below average. She eats only when her mood is good. Jialat right... Hope dun last long. Thats all I hope for..

hello mummies!!

hope everyone is doing good!
been long time nvr log in to forum.

our babies are coming to 1yo soon! how time flies~
how's everyone planning with the BIG party? hehe...

I oni start my gal on porridge when she's 9mos.
started cereal when she's 6mos but not really keen tho she's very tham jiak!
but when switch to porridge, she loves it! and she can have real big bowl for lunch and dinner.
so now, she taking 4x milk and 2 main meals.

how much milk should our babies drinking now?
I'm giving 180-200ml/ feed.

Hi2 mummies, hv u lookout for any massage lady.. highly recommended diana @94303810.. for pre or post natal.. can try her.. ive tried her before shes gd n patience thruout e sessions..

Back