(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

same, my baby sleep at 8 pm then he always wake up at 12 am or 1 am then cannot sleep. I latched him, but seems he still rolling all over the bed cannot find good position to sleep. One day I give him milk, he drink a bit, but cannot finish up. Then I rocked him on my chest ..... then he sleep. But takes more than one hour to make him sleep again. I am sleep depriving now.... :(

I got my menses 4 mths pp.. It was quite sudden without cramp. Last for 4days. Didnt bring pad with me, ended up gotta get one from my colleague. I wonder if that means our menses will be back mthly from now on?

May not. Mine returned 3+months post partum, then disappeared for about 2 months and came again. Duh.

Anyone started Heinz first food for baby? I read instruction to use milk either fm or bm and mix with the food. Do I need to mix it with hot water instead?

Anyone started Heinz first food for baby? I read instruction to use milk either fm or bm and mix with the food. Do I need to mix it with hot water instead?

I m feeding my boy with Nestlé first food, the rice powder. I mix formula milk with the rice powder and add warm water to dilute it.

My LO is 5.5mths already. I haven got mens.
Hopefully dun come so fast. I hate the cramps.

Heinz food no need add anything can jus feed. But for my #1 i will take half out from the bottle to feed. As he can't finish all at a go. Can keep the other half in fridge and make hot to feed at a later time.

I use philips blender to blend LO food. Its very good also can make smoothie for yourself to drink. Hahah!....

@Anna2014 , my ger opposite... head size growth reduce.... used to be 97th percentile, last measure is 75th percentile.
Only weight increase and maintaining at 97th percentile.
Not sure why they don't grow the same for whole body leh...??
Sama sama for my girl. Uneven growth. There was one month that she didn't grow in height at all even though she did put on weight. So she became short and squat even though she was quite tall at birth. Then now, seems to be opp cos she looks skinnier, as her legs grew longer.

Actually, my growth also quite uneven. Been growing sideways only. Hahahahhaah....

Hair drop hair drop... :confused:

Tho I see tiny baby hair growing, I still dropping a lot of hair.

Till when will it stop... Haiz...
I dropped massive amounts too. Till my helper also scared. She say I leave a trail of hair behind me. Hahaha... I think I have a particular patch that feels and looks a bit empty. But still can hide la. I hope. I think I stop dropping already. Took about a month to stop. Good that you wash your hair everyday. Im very lazy. Heh. Best to keep scalp clean so that the oil does not clog up the pores. Use a good shampoo and not those 3 in 1 kind. Also, use hair tonic and do scalp treatment that cleans the scalp. If you use conditioner, do avoid letting the condition stain the scalp as it clogs up the hair follicle as well. I hope u stop dropping soon!

These 2 days my bb didnt wan to sleep.. Keep making noise from 9.30-11.30pm dunno why. Not hungry and ended up throw away fm made for her. Usually she is sleepy starting 9pm... My bb is 5mths old today. Anyone encounter same issue?

Woah 3rd night ytd she cried again.. 9.30-11.40pm. Nobody having similar prob? Sigh.. Dunno what to do..is it colic?

Hey mummies... my 5.5mths LO started crawling...is that normal? Or he's hyperactive?
no need to worry lah.... every baby development is different. My boi also start exploring how to crawl and sit at 5 months old. Now he is 5.5 months -- semi pro already. Can crawl quite fast just in a few second. Yesterday I found he was sitting upright, until I surprised, wow.... he can sit so straight without support now. I just can say he is active boy. Now even bath him need to struggle with him splashing the water everywhere.

Hi mummies.. recently i bought a sleeping bag from q100.. the price is reasonable and the quality is not bad. The sleeping bag is consider big for my boy at 6 mths but still can wear. Thinking to share with you just in case u are interested. I m considering buy 2nd piece.

Attachments

• 1445495292044.jpg
    1445495292044.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 162
Hi mummies.. recently i bought a sleeping bag from q100.. the price is reasonable and the quality is not bad. The sleeping bag is consider big for my boy at 6 mths but still can wear. Thinking to share with you just in case u are interested. I m considering buy 2nd piece.
Hi hi is this suitable for winter time too?

Those mummies who wear swaddle up for their LO,have u tried letting their hands out? My baby still have startle reflex and can't sleep back on her own if she wake up in the middle of the night with her hands out. Flinging everywhere that causes her to be more awake.

Those mummies who wear swaddle up for their LO,have u tried letting their hands out? My baby still have startle reflex and can't sleep back on her own if she wake up in the middle of the night with her hands out. Flinging everywhere that causes her to be more awake.
I stopped swaddling when she was 2 months old cos she moves around and prefers her hands to be out. I got her instead long sleeved pjs and a blanket to sleep. But usually the blanket ends up not covering her body cos she tosses and turns during the night. Am considering those sleeping bag like grobag type..

Mummies any remedy to heal crack nipples?

Mine has been cracked for more than a mth, quite badly crack. I've change to a bigger flange, tried lanolin cream, but still crack. And it's getting painful. :(

Mine has been cracked for more than a mth, quite badly crack. I've change to a bigger flange, tried lanolin cream, but still crack. And it's getting painful. :(

Use your own breast milk. Just squeeze and rub over your nipple and let it air dry for a while. do it before pump and also after pump/DL. It helped for me tho.

Hope it works for u

Has ur cracked nipples been inflammed since more den 1 mth ? Better to call up a lc to seek advice/ doc to get medication leh. If lc at least bring ur pump along n ask them check if its suitable. Flange size, if too large / small aso can cause cracked nips... Or even ur motor speed , which / # what speed u use aso makes a difference leh.... Lc aso asked to use breast milk or avent nipple cream, cos of the ingredient inside to speed recovery...i been using medela, the recovery takes longer.. Hope u faster recover, cos it can affect ur mood to continue express/bfeed!

I got my menses 4 mths pp.. It was quite sudden without cramp. Last for 4days. Didnt bring pad with me, ended up gotta get one from my colleague. I wonder if that means our menses will be back mthly from now on?

For me i nv exp the menses cramp b4.. Consider v lucky! But my #1&2 both more den a yr den gotten back regular menses... Hope this time can be more den 16mths!! *once menses back, higher chance of getting preg again, both my kids i was preg after the 2nd/3rd month of menses* o_O
Ya some ppl will experience slight haywire, like one mth 2x, some last v short like 2-3 days whilst others longer etc... Takes some time before the hormones stable i think...but can aso check with gynae, or doc when gg for checkup/follow ups....

Today my bb roll over few times n fell off her bed. Gosh... I went to kitchen to take water n wash my hands only.. She is too in luv with rolling over as now finally she can roll in both direction. Used to be always to her left side.. Super dangerous!

Oh my.... My LO wake up at 12 am vomiting. My bed all his sour yogurt milk. Then I turn him to the other side and latch him again to sleep then another episode of vomitting. All his clothes get wet. Then I wipe him but then find out he also poo. Haiyahh then I decided to bath him in the middle of the night since he poo and his body all that sour smell. Then ask hubby to carry LO on shoulder to sleep while I tidy up the mess, mopping floor, changing bed sheet. Then I pump ang give half of bm to LO. But after few mins LO vomitting again.... Haishhh. Am too tired already. Ask hubby to sleep with LO make sure LO not sleep on tummy. Coz it make LO puke more. Dunno man what happened to LO. He was alright during the day.

Oh my.... My LO wake up at 12 am vomiting. My bed all his sour yogurt milk. Then I turn him to the other side and latch him again to sleep then another episode of vomitting. All his clothes get wet. Then I wipe him but then find out he also poo. Haiyahh then I decided to bath him in the middle of the night since he poo and his body all that sour smell. Then ask hubby to carry LO on shoulder to sleep while I tidy up the mess, mopping floor, changing bed sheet. Then I pump ang give half of bm to LO. But after few mins LO vomitting again.... Haishhh. Am too tired already. Ask hubby to sleep with LO make sure LO not sleep on tummy. Coz it make LO puke more. Dunno man what happened to LO. He was alright during the day.

Oh dear! Hope he is okay today.

Hi mummies, my boy weight gain has slowed down from 5 months onwards. He has also started solid. He only gain 0.3kg within 1 mth. He is now 6 mths old. I m getting worry.

Hi mummies, my boy weight gain has slowed down from 5 months onwards. He has also started solid. He only gain 0.3kg within 1 mth. He is now 6 mths old. I m getting worry.
Whats his weight now? Pd says it's normal cos their growth rate slows down from 4 or 5th month onwards. U started on puree or BLW?

Use your own breast milk. Just squeeze and rub over your nipple and let it air dry for a while. do it before pump and also after pump/DL. It helped for me tho.

Hope it works for u

I tried.. Doesn't work for me. In fact the milk make it drier and not soften nor moisture.

Has ur cracked nipples been inflammed since more den 1 mth ? Better to call up a lc to seek advice/ doc to get medication leh. If lc at least bring ur pump along n ask them check if its suitable. Flange size, if too large / small aso can cause cracked nips... Or even ur motor speed , which / # what speed u use aso makes a difference leh.... Lc aso asked to use breast milk or avent nipple cream, cos of the ingredient inside to speed recovery...i been using medela, the recovery takes longer.. Hope u faster recover, cos it can affect ur mood to continue express/bfeed!

Wah.. Nvr come to my mind it's inflamed! Will it??
I tried spectra 28, and 32mm flang but still crack. But 32mm is more effective to empty boobs. Speed wise, I Nvr change leh.
Hb is suggesting me to stop bf since lo oso coming to 6mos. He see my crack so long le and quite deep, ask me will my nipples drop off.. Duh...

Hope ur LO is feeling better.

Whats his weight now? Pd says it's normal cos their growth rate slows down from 4 or 5th month onwards. U started on puree or BLW?

He is 7kg at 5 mths when went for his injection in sep. Now 6 mths and his weight is 7.2 or 7.3kg only. I started on puree. But he still takes the formula milk everyday.

Bb still vomitting? If still cant keep his milk in better chk for signs of dehydration such as dry diapers, crying without tears, sunken soft spot on top of his head etc.

Sometimes could be a stomach virus. My boy had it last wk, but lasted only half a day. Then I suspect he spread to our whole family cos all of us were vomitting throughout the week. Damn sian.

I unswaddled my boy a month ago. U try removing 1 side first, i removed the right side coz it's his master hand. Then let him get used to it. I unswaddled the other side 3 nights later when he's asleep. He may struggle at first but few nights he should be ok.

Oh dear! Hope he is okay today.
Hope ur LO is feeling better.
Bb still vomitting? If still cant keep his milk in better chk for signs of dehydration such as dry diapers, crying without tears, sunken soft spot on top of his head etc.

Sometimes could be a stomach virus. My boy had it last wk, but lasted only half a day. Then I suspect he spread to our whole family cos all of us were vomitting throughout the week. Damn sian.
Thanks mummies, have been really tired this weekend after vomitting episode.

I bring LO to see PD yesterday and PD suggested to admit my LO since he has been puke for six time in one night and need to be put on drip. But i asked if can try give meds first. PD said its stomach virus. But i just wondering where he got from.

After that I give LO gastroelectrolyte for dehydration and then give him motilium before feed him. He only vomiting once. So really an improvement for him. But he keep having diluted poo perhaps due to the water that I give but can see his poo become thicker a bit now. It just yesterday night he still cranky. Crying out loud. My mum or hubby carry him no use. Until I carry him then he stop crying. Haiyoh.....

Hopefully he can fully recover today. As I also need to go to work. Looks like i am having a disaster weekend. So tired.

@mylilsheep jia you for u! Hopefully ur LO is recovering well today. Its definitely not easy. I can imagine how tough. My girl couldnt sleep well for 3 nights and I m super stone and tired..

quite some time since i checked in, seems like thread has been a bit quiet! All mummies must be very busy with LO right!

my LO turning 5 mths soon in a few days. For the past week she's been waking up thrice for milk, she used to only wake up once. Really zombified haha.
But also good in a way I guess...I'm happy coz she drinks 250-300ml in the night and sleep immed. This should help her put on weight faster! LOL! Now she is only 6kg.
So am hoping she will chubby up! Looking forward to feeding her some pureed fruits when she reaches 6 months old.

My boy has not poop for 4-5 days. Is it normal? He's on breast milk and started take porridge...

Yup is normal. My lo also ard 4-7days den poo. Even when start porridge, maybe 3-5days poo once, as long nv cry or looks to be constipated kind is fine..

Yup is normal. My lo also ard 4-7days den poo. Even when start porridge, maybe 3-5days poo once, as long nv cry or looks to be constipated kind is fine..

Cause he never go so long nv poop before.. Also his poop is getting sticky sticky like that...

Today my bb roll over few times n fell off her bed. Gosh... I went to kitchen to take water n wash my hands only.. She is too in luv with rolling over as now finally she can roll in both direction. Used to be always to her left side.. Super dangerous!
Aiyo... hope she's not hurt

Back