(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Hi hi, my boy 4month + now. Also having this problem since when he was 3 months old. Even until now or rather recently his milk intake can be anything from 350-600+ml only. My pd said it's fine so long as they are still active cos usally from 4th month onwards their growth rate slows down and they dun feel hungry easily. He asked me not to force feed also incase they get milk phobia. Now I can't put him on my laps to feed as he will cry and scream and reject milk. So I place him on my bed with a thick pillow under his head to feed. I just let him drink till he fuss then I will stop. Then the next feed will be about 2hrs later if he drinks less than 100ml.

Oh btw mine is on formula. I guess its a phase cos it seems like a lot are also going through the same situation. Pd also ask me to start solids like rice cereal if he is not so keen on milk. But I think I will wait till he is 5month +.

Mine's on the strike be it Expressed BM or FM actually. We tried from 4 hourly to 3 hourly and just two days ago, 2 hourly, that way, he drinks more. We decided to do that because we couldn't bear to see him struggle, scream and shout when we force feed, because we scared he develop milk phobia. Have been throwing away lots of milk. =(

Yes as @bubbleslovebubbly mentioned I think it just a phase.

My LO also drinking less even from 2++ months old. Now we only give him 100 ml per feed, but sometimes he only drink like 40-50 ml then don't wan to drink anymore. Then wait for another 15-30 min, then feed him again, then he continue to drink / finish up the milk. Then 2 hours later feed him again. Only in the morning he can drink 120 ml at one shot. I cannot force him to finish too, coz he will scream out loud.
Now my boi 19 weeks, he is 6.8 kg. 50 percentile. I give him ebm. My PD said can start solid food if I want, but if I want to delay for another month also OK. So I think I will delay for another month. I have give my boi one tsp of rice cereal two weeks ago, and I found my boi still not interested yet. He just stunned, dunno what to do with that puree, but he did not reject. Then I decided to continue give him milk only until 5 months old. As long as your LO still active, I think is ok to delay solid food for few more weeks. Anyway, from the book I read it said that it is fine to introduce solid food after 17 weeks, but not before that.

I plan to introduce at 5 months instead of 17 weeks, just to be safe as hubby and I feels skeptical. Has you boy been 50th Percentile all along? Because mine drop from 50th to 25th and seems to be going 10th, all due to the fact that he's not drinking enough.

Poo and pee wise, no problem. Very active as well. One thing to note though, my LO has NO HUNGER CUES. So we gotta feed on schedule instead of on demand.

Good to start fresh milk after 1yo... For now jus give breastmilk n solid since bb is of age to start? Lil milo kosong aso ok after 6mo...

I feel u can start solid as in puree, veg carrot brocoli etc, or puree fruits.. Try one food at a time for 5 days straight in case of any allergy. U can aso jus give plain porridge (blend the rice before cook).. Once meal a day, or alternate days..
Weight wise, i feel all bb griws differently, mayb ur lo digest faster? Or he is ready for solid. Try with an open heart, if still doesnt work den c wat else pd recommends??

Mine's only coming 4 months, so doubt able to give fresh milk or milo.
But I'm intending to introduce at 5 months old. BUT, I don't know how to prepare solid. Any advice?
Weight wise is not growing that fast is because not drinking enough bah I think.
Sigh.....

I feel you. It's so worrying when they are not feeding well. Have you tried changing bottles or teats? I did try. Didn't work for me though. Is baby alert and playful?

Yes, totally. My hubby said that he has been so troubled that he's going into depression soon.
And we spoke about it, and my hubby was wondering if his gene plays a part because my hubby doesn't like milk and doesn't drink milk since around 1 year old and also, my hubby is skinny, he has been underweight for most of his life.

I changed from BM to FM, and decided it's not the milk that's at fault. Changed bottles as well, the outcome is the same. But one thing's for sure, LO is alert and playful. Now he's just going to learn flipping. Haha

@BubsandBloms , really depends on what kind of 1st food are u willing to try. Some give cereal, while others start with fruits/veg puree (just blend). For me i will skip cereal cos its sweet. Will str8 go to veg n fruits and porridge. Some also jus give bb what parents eat, like one mama i met, gave her bb eat according to her cue, no particular food so bb will ownself "chew or smash" in d mouth themself.
As long as bb starts solid, jus continue giving milk also... Cos in beginning stage, bb might spit out 50% of the food u give.

any idea what is the average length and weight for 3.5 months old? my girl is 63cm now and weight just kind of hangs there at 5.5kg and dont increase much. she seems to be getting skinnier dont know why...oh dear. 120ml milk every 3-4 hours.

any idea what is the average length and weight for 3.5 months old? my girl is 63cm now and weight just kind of hangs there at 5.5kg and dont increase much. she seems to be getting skinnier dont know why...oh dear. 120ml milk every 3-4 hours.
Mine too. At 3 months only 5.1kg at 10th percentile :(
Doc said i shouldnt worry as long as hes growing well. He drinks 120ml every 2-3 hours. How to plump him up?

U can check her weight n height percentile on health booklet. Think girl usually lighter.

For solids, I started off my #1 with baby cereals mixed with bm at 5.5mths. Gradually tried puree like carrot, vege, avocado, apple, pumpkin to test for allergies. Gosh, was such a tiring time cos will make into batches and then freeze into ice cube trays. When intro porridge, i will grind the rice first before cooking into porridge, easier to get the smooth texture.

Mine too. At 3 months only 5.1kg at 10th percentile :(
Doc said i shouldnt worry as long as hes growing well. He drinks 120ml every 2-3 hours. How to plump him up?

Does he poo very frequent? Or he moves alot? Mine also getting skinnier.. But she is 50 percentiles at 6.2kg now. Drink very little every 4hrs. I even thot of starting solid food but mayb too early.

For solids, I started off my #1 with baby cereals mixed with bm at 5.5mths. Gradually tried puree like carrot, vege, avocado, apple, pumpkin to test for allergies. Gosh, was such a tiring time cos will make into batches and then freeze into ice cube trays. When intro porridge, i will grind the rice first before cooking into porridge, easier to get the smooth texture.
How do u freeze into ice cube trays and how u thaw? Did u thaw same as how we thaw our bm? One cube per feed issit?

Does he poo very frequent? Or he moves alot? Mine also getting skinnier.. But she is 50 percentiles at 6.2kg now. Drink very little every 4hrs. I even thot of starting solid food but mayb too early.
So far he poops once a day every morning.
Although his weight increases over the 3 months, hes still in that 10th percentile. I really hope theres nothing for me to worry since hes growing consistently and just that hes naturally tiny. And oh yes hes moving alot. Very hyperlah this one! But i do want him to be Pui Pui heheheheh.
Solid i think u should start only 5-6 months? How much does she drinks each time? Did u enquire with the PD? But so long they're growing healthily, we shouldnt be worrying too much, ya...

How do u freeze into ice cube trays and how u thaw? Did u thaw same as how we thaw our bm? One cube per feed issit?

E.g for carrot, will cut and steam/boil the carrots till soft then blend it. After it cools will put into the ice cube trays. I bought those bendy type of trays which are easier to pop out. After the puree is frozen, will pop all out n store into ziplock bags / tupperware so i can use the tray for other types of puree. I used to do a few types over e weekends.

On the amount to give, actually depends if bb likes the puree or not to determine if one cube or more is enough. Just start off with one, really trial n error. Even if bb rejects now, may still come round to it in future.

I thaw the puree by steaming it.

So far he poops once a day every morning.
Although his weight increases over the 3 months, hes still in that 10th percentile. I really hope theres nothing for me to worry since hes growing consistently and just that hes naturally tiny. And oh yes hes moving alot. Very hyperlah this one! But i do want him to be Pui Pui heheheheh.
Solid i think u should start only 5-6 months? How much does she drinks each time? Did u enquire with the PD? But so long they're growing healthily, we shouldnt be worrying too much, ya...

Her intakes vary from 10-20ml each feed until 80ml average. At night drink slightly more at 100-120ml. I dun have fixed PD yet so far. Hence hvnt asked yet..

How did you go with the Love To Swaddle UP 50/50? I hear good things about it
On my 5th day/night into using it. It's good as LO can sleep longer and I guess it really 'tones down' her startle reflex,thus sleeping longer. Hands up its so good cos she normally sleep with her hands up. So not much fuss when in it unlike normal swaddle that she will be angry and struggling.

Now that I put it on for her,she knows it's bedtime and will/can fall asleep on her own. On my way getting a second one after trial! But it's too hot. Need air con even nap time =(

Your little one is so cute and have perfect skin to me! Also just curious about the anti fungal cream work on eczema?
The anti fungal cream is not for the eczema. It's for the rashes induced by her saliva. For her eczema I use sebamed. But I've heard good reviews from my cousin about atopiclair as her ds also has eczema. She says it works like steroid but it's not steroid. You might want to try that.

On my 5th day/night into using it. It's good as LO can sleep longer and I guess it really 'tones down' her startle reflex,thus sleeping longer. Hands up its so good cos she normally sleep with her hands up. So not much fuss when in it unlike normal swaddle that she will be angry and struggling.

Now that I put it on for her,she knows it's bedtime and will/can fall asleep on her own. On my way getting a second one after trial! But it's too hot. Need air con even nap time =(

Can i know where did u buy them and how much? My bb also startle alot.. Her nap is always only 30mins at most. Sometimes 5-10mins only.

@cynn04 , once LO started puree...does the milk intake lesser? Should feed milk first then puree?

Normally in early stages, when intro puree is not to replace one meal / milk. Jus an introduction of food to bb. Once bb accepts puree n eats a considerable amount den u can consider to replce tat puree as a meal, so instead of 6x milk, become 5x.
Some prefer to give 2x a day, whilst some is once a day. Depends on ur personal preference n bb adaptability..
Some bb still drinks abit milk after puree, or their intake more/less per feed throughout the day. Have to monitor den u know if bb is having enuff anot.

Yea i like @cynn04 idea of frozen puree....

@cynn04 , once LO started puree...does the milk intake lesser? Should feed milk first then puree?

Yup like wat @furbee said, initial phase is more for tasting than replacing feeds.

Also not all types of foods are suitable to intro so early, cant remember which ones, hv to google or ask pd.

Time really flies! So fast we're discussing abt semi solids already. Our bbs are growing up!!

@BubsandBloms , really depends on what kind of 1st food are u willing to try. Some give cereal, while others start with fruits/veg puree (just blend). For me i will skip cereal cos its sweet. Will str8 go to veg n fruits and porridge. Some also jus give bb what parents eat, like one mama i met, gave her bb eat according to her cue, no particular food so bb will ownself "chew or smash" in d mouth themself.
As long as bb starts solid, jus continue giving milk also... Cos in beginning stage, bb might spit out 50% of the food u give.

I see. What should be the proportion and ratio between solids and milk for baby who's exposed to solids for the first time?

Eh i bought from Mothercare at $59.90, if member can get 10% off. Not as ex as from qoo10 leh.

But works great, at least can get some sleep and hope that someday he can sleep through! I use this at night only coz too hot to use in the daytime. When I put this on for him at night, he doesn't protest and associates it with bedtime so it's faster to pat him to sleep.

After success with this, I discovered Sleepy Wings Swaddle that Pupsik Studio sells -http://www.pupsikstudio.com/baby-swaddle-sleepy-wings.html

I use this for naptime so it's not too hot. Lol i think if i can achieve a success with my boy, I can go write a book or something! So much research n trial & error with everything!

Eh i bought from Mothercare at $59.90, if member can get 10% off. Not as ex as from qoo10 leh.

But works great, at least can get some sleep and hope that someday he can sleep through! I use this at night only coz too hot to use in the daytime. When I put this on for him at night, he doesn't protest and associates it with bedtime so it's faster to pat him to sleep.

After success with this, I discovered Sleepy Wings Swaddle that Pupsik Studio sells -http://www.pupsikstudio.com/baby-swaddle-sleepy-wings.html

I use this for naptime so it's not too hot. Lol i think if i can achieve a success with my boy, I can go write a book or something! So much research n trial & error with everything!
Wow i think this looks interesting. Did you buy organic one?

It's been ages since I logged on to this forum! Had forgotten my password...and lots to read and catch up too! Relocated to hk with my husband and LO last week for 6 months and it's been super tiring so far. The flight was manageable but these past few days LO has been waking up at 3 plus unable to fall asleep. Guess it's the new environment. For me it'll be a change to since I resigned from my job and decided to be a SAHM till LO is a year old. In HK there's not much of a forum that's like this in SG so need to keep a lookout for mommies who are taking care of their babies. So far I see alot of domestic helpers with the babies at supermarkets nearby..

@whimsicalfix85 , u will get used to it soon. Remember to buy more thick clothes as it'll get colder in another 2mths.. Was thinking of gg over to Hk for holiday, but the air tix are pricey.. Sigh~ maybe can meet up with u for tea if i do go over!! Hehe..

It's been ages since I logged on to this forum! Had forgotten my password...and lots to read and catch up too! Relocated to hk with my husband and LO last week for 6 months and it's been super tiring so far. The flight was manageable but these past few days LO has been waking up at 3 plus unable to fall asleep. Guess it's the new environment. For me it'll be a change to since I resigned from my job and decided to be a SAHM till LO is a year old. In HK there's not much of a forum that's like this in SG so need to keep a lookout for mommies who are taking care of their babies. So far I see alot of domestic helpers with the babies at supermarkets nearby..

wow jiayou! not easy being SAHM and in a foreign place.

Anyone going to bb fair today? I'm thinking of getting the haenim uv sterilizer. Any mummies using it?
hi momocrv, not sure whether you have purhcased Haenim Sterilizer at the end. i did some research on the brand and find the manufacturer is not trustworthy.

Many Singaporean customers believe it is from the famous play yard brand Haenim including me. When I googled it, I started to notice the Haenim Sterilizer is actually from ST Electronics Co. LTD which has nothing to do with Haenim at all. They tried to mislead customers and told them the Ultraviolet Sterilizer is from the famous brand of almost 50 years of history. However this brand (sterilizer) only started to present 2 or 3 years ago.

You can find the company name and website from the website of its local distributor

http://tlo.com.sg/shop/index.php/haenim-uv-sterilizer-dryer.html

The ST Electronics’s website shows it is a company that mainly sells electrical parts such as sockets, and they are not even a maternity products company

http://stekorea.co.kr/

I contacted Haenim local distributor and get confirmation this sterilizer has nothing to do with them- the famous brand selling play yards.

My Korean friends never heard of the brand as well.

I feel this company is really shady in misusing other established brand name and I don’t dare to use their products for my son. I suspect they are trying to fool Singaporean cos they don’t know how to google in Korean to find out who they really are. I don't know what kind of company would do such unethical thing of stealing other's brand name. Anyways think twice before your purchase!!

Last edited:
I been using cheapo playmat, wen bb on tummy not so bad, but wen he lies will kenna knock on floor cos totally no sponge. I tried parklon at friends place, is really thick, n comfy even for normal use, n easy to clean. Large approx $280+ at baby fair - no delivery.
I dun give green light to buy *sobs* my mom say bb aso like tat grow wo buying exp playmats..... Lol

I just bought parklon from agape babies last week since they having 15% off for all playmats. Really worth it! I think it's almost baby fair price. Large size about $216 I think!

My girl loves the bigger area to lie around and play in day time, more space to explore and she enjoyed it so much she just flipped herself over two days ago lol. Actually I still find it a bit hard when she breaks her flip and lands her head on it but she looks ok though, like no impact.

Btw just to share I brought her to see a recommended PD specializing in allergy for her eczema coz it seems to only stop when I apply steroid. He advised me to wean off steroid instead of suddenly stop cold turkey after 3 days. The PD also did some blood test for her to see if there's any traces of allergy so he could find the trigger. Really different from the usual PD who only prescribe steroid and told me to keep moisturizing instead of helping us to find the trigger.

I was looking at parklon playmat too but got so many thickness. 12mm 15mm 40mm. Which thickness is e most common? Also is it easy to roll up and carry to another room in case my bb gets bored in 1 room? Thot of getting M size..
Oya i realised also there is PE and PVC material. PVC is the popular ones?

Easy to roll up and quite portable to move it from room to room, but it is quite heavy though so it doesn't shift position once it's placed on the floor.

Just wondering if any mummy gives bb a bath in evening time? Or just wipe with cloth? I'm wiping bb with cloth now.

Since birth, we already bathe bb 2x a day. Morning abt 9am and evening btw 5-6pm.. weather so hot and bb always feel like sticky sticky.. so think the shower will make her feel more comfy.. and of cos the added benefit is she will smell so nice when I carry her..

Just wondering if any mummy gives bb a bath in evening time? Or just wipe with cloth? I'm wiping bb with cloth now.

My girl shower twice a day. Morning ard 9-10am. And evening ard 6-7pm.
Only when we go out and reach home late, I just wipe her with wet towel.

My bb usually drink ard 9pm and he will wake up at 4am for milk. I direct latch him n he will close his eyes while the mouth still moving. Sometime he will fall asleep after 10 or 20 mins n sleep thru till 6.30am when I prepare him to nanny house. Is there a way to train him to sleep thru till morning?

My bb usually drink ard 9pm and he will wake up at 4am for milk. I direct latch him n he will close his eyes while the mouth still moving. Sometime he will fall asleep after 10 or 20 mins n sleep thru till 6.30am when I prepare him to nanny house. Is there a way to train him to sleep thru till morning?
Lucky you! 7hours stretch is quite long actually. My lo last feed is 12am when i wake up to pump. On good days, he will wake up at 5am for feed. On more lucky days it will be 6am. Usually he wakes up at 4plus and i juz keep giving the pacifier till he cannot take it.

I also been bathing lo 2x a day since birth... :)

Wah at least ur lo wakes up 1x leh... Haha. Mine is slp 10+pm, will wake at 12,3,6,8 for latch. But each time 3mins...
Unless u bottle feed the last milk before his bedtime, can play ard with the amount. Ie. usual amount 150ml, but at 6pm u only give 100ml. Den last feed 9pm u give 170ml-180ml, so bb slightly full.. But may not work for all bb... I wld rather bb wake up latch, at least feel more at ease tat bb is drinking well... :)

Been bathing 2x daily. One around 8am when she wakes up before her feed and the other at 730pm before her last feed at 8pm. But the night bath is quick without shampooing her hair.

Hello! Haven't been here for a while. Most of you bathe LO twice a day. Since birth, we bathed her in the morning and wipe her in the evening.

Back