(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Dont go the baby fair at expo! Dont have much things. Lots of tshirts only I think. Milk powder and diapers under Giant.

There's food fair and bhg fair. So very super crowded!

So not worth going!

Ooh.. thanks for the updates!! Else was thinking to stock up on some s and m size diapers hmm..

Hi @furbee .. wanna check with u when do u start using your stock in the chest freezer? I'm kinda worried that those that I put in freezer will not be of use as my LO's intake of milk is not really increasing.. can't even finish those excess in fridge and hence there's no chance to start on the freezer part (so it's like buying milkbags and freezer just to keep milk that may not end up in LO's stomach?)

:)
They grow so fast right! I aso need start buying M size.. Cany find KCA at giant, so have ro go those big sheng shiong to buy..
Big shengshiong will have? I remember the price is like as good as $10 per pax.. forgot it's the kca or the goon brand though. . Haha.. May's thread is too active;)

Seems like we're all in the same boat. Mine lately (past 2 days) been very cranky. Always want to be carried. Put down, cry. Want milk, cry. Dirty nappy, cry. Sleep, cry. He can cry until tears come out and at times no voice. And that part really freaks me out. Putting him to sleep is a challenge now. My arm starts to ache too. And my heart too... Hurts me seeing him cry like that. Tried many things. Dabbed ruyi oil maybe he tummyache. Rest him on his tummy, sway around the house, etc etc. All efforts failed...

Yes same like me! So angry when see hubby can't help much! Lol

Mummies whose using pigeon milk bottle.. Is it normal tat the ebm leaks? Is it too fast the size S teat tat my boi really spits milk while teat in mouth? Or he forget how to drink from bottle (which is unlike right?) ?
My hub angry say dun wan feed him from bottle! Means throwing back to me to latch leh...
Previously didnt face any problem with him taking from bottle, this week drink 4 x, all 4x also leak n spit out Alot alot

Big shengshiong will have? I remember the price is like as good as $10 per pax.. forgot it's the kca or the goon brand though. . Haha.. May's thread is too active;)

Should b KCA .. Goo.N i went to c size S at least $0.42 per pc leh... Scary!

That's right.. my hubby stock up 1 carton of S size, 4cartons of M & L. Each carton has 4 big packs. Now we just open second pack of S.. can't seem to fit him soon.
Is yours goon? My bb isstill using NB, 3rd pack for 5weeks. Wan to stockup but afraid no space..

Should b KCA .. Goo.N i went to c size S at least $0.42 per pc leh... Scary!

I bought size S KCA at $10 per pack (per pc abt $0.17) & Goon at $19.90 per pack (per pc abt $0.25) at the baby fair.
The KCA staff told me that KCA & Onwards are the same, just that they are sold in different supermarkets. Eg, NTUC only sells Onwards, and Sheng Siong only sells KCA. So u might wish to note ya..

Sometimes, Lazada sells the Goon diapers at pretty good rates if u can catch their promo, Eg. $20 off min purchase of $60/$80 etc... so in that case, it might even be cheaper than buying at fairs & there'd free delivery!

Ooh.. thanks for the updates!! Else was thinking to stock up on some s and m size diapers hmm..

Hi @furbee .. wanna check with u when do u start using your stock in the chest freezer? I'm kinda worried that those that I put in freezer will not be of use as my LO's intake of milk is not really increasing.. can't even finish those excess in fridge and hence there's no chance to start on the freezer part (so it's like buying milkbags and freezer just to keep milk that may not end up in LO's stomach?)

@AngelDustV i got 2 elder girls to help me use my frozen stocks! Hehe. But yes i also spend alot on milkbags, jus bought another 400pcs.. And my chest freezer is already 3/4 full..
Maybe u wait another month or 2 and see if ur bb appetite increases anot. By right ard 2.5mth old can take 150-200ml, some even more... For me i intend give purely bm till 6mths old, therefore stocking up means more sense since i back to work at 3.5mth. :)

or u can calculate one day how many packs of fbm will ur bb take If u start work, den u freeze accordingly.
Like 12 hours away from bb - 5packs, 1 week = 35packs. U store nearing to the end of ur ML so can last even longer..
I read liao i also duno how to explain.. Haha. But if u scare waste den can soak feet, or bathe with the 'expired' milk :)

Mummies whose using pigeon milk bottle.. Is it normal tat the ebm leaks? Is it too fast the size S teat tat my boi really spits milk while teat in mouth? Or he forget how to drink from bottle (which is unlike right?) ?
My hub angry say dun wan feed him from bottle! Means throwing back to me to latch leh...
Previously didnt face any problem with him taking from bottle, this week drink 4 x, all 4x also leak n spit out Alot alot

@furbee, I m using pigeon bottle. I have changed to S teat for 2 weeks n till now he still can't suck the milk well. He will push the teat in n out and lots of milk leak from his mouth while he is drinking. I tried to lift his head n body higher n it helps a bit. I suspect the hole is bigger n the milk will flow out quite fast. So if bb dun swallow fast enough, the milk will leak. Try to adjust the bottle position so that the milk not flow out so fast. Me n my bb still learning. For the SS size, he got no problem at all.

Yup, I bot $10/pack, with min 4 packs purchase. July baby fair Shd have. But the previous fair in Apr/May I went, price increased to $12/pack le.

Haiz.. Diapers increase price, milk powder oso increase price. Pocket big hole. :(

Yup, I bot $10/pack, with min 4 packs purchase. July baby fair Shd have. But the previous fair in Apr/May I went, price increased to $12/pack le.

Haiz.. Diapers increase price, milk powder oso increase price. Pocket big hole. :(

Salary y nv increase too!!! :p Need bigger notes to cover the holes

Mine no choice. Hubby works nightshift. But he'll help ard during the day as much. But pity him also as he needs his sleep too. Guess we all have to just endure this period of time. And never stop praying! Pray baby will behave hehehhe :)

My hubby helps out quite a fair bit, but mainly to entertain the elder one so she wont go and disturb didi. Now he's still on leave, so will wake up and take over feeding duties from 5am onwards. Dreading it when he goes back to work :( im really grumpy when sleep deprived haha!

In fact this afternoon, i accidentally spilled my bowl of soup all over cos too tired and didnt see wat i was doing, couldnt help it and started crying lol. Poor hubby gotta clear up and pacify me. Haiz… really hv to go thru this period together, if not so stressful, even for a second time mom like me.

Last edited:
Are u gg? My hub dont like this kinda event.. So if go i be alone....but i not active on fb..so duno if go already like weird anot duno anyone der..

Is there an event coming up??
My hubby also quite an introvert.. so usually won't entertain me to go such events.. he's so boring.. haha

Hi mummies,whose baby is using Onwards diapers? What do you think of it? Good? If it's good,I'm thinking of switching to Onwards. My girl currently using Huggies.

That day I went to ntuc and the sales promoter auntie gave me an Onwards sample for baby to try. Alas! My girl pooed a few mins after wearing it. So can't determine whether it can hold lots of urine or not. Duh. She really chose the "correct" time to poo.

Are u gg? My hub dont like this kinda event.. So if go i be alone....but i not active on fb..so duno if go already like weird anot duno anyone der..

Me too... hubby don't like it. So I still considering going or not. But I will want to order the romper...quite memorable to have rompers with baby's name... :)

If go event need tc of the LO.. Jus the thought like quite stress. Lol.
I wan go enjoy meet up but.... So mani considerations too. Hehe

Hi mummies,whose baby is using Onwards diapers? What do you think of it? Good? If it's good,I'm thinking of switching to Onwards. My girl currently using Huggies.

That day I went to ntuc and the sales promoter auntie gave me an Onwards sample for baby to try. Alas! My girl pooed a few mins after wearing it. So can't determine whether it can hold lots of urine or not. Duh. She really chose the "correct" time to poo.

Really good for this brand? Thinking of trying too. Used huggies but can't fully cover bb butt then now i use mamypoko which seems a little too tight but absorbency very good. I saw this KCA brand selling at provision shop downstairs n thinking if to try.

Really good for this brand? Thinking of trying too. Used huggies but can't fully cover bb butt then now i use mamypoko which seems a little too tight but absorbency very good. I saw this KCA brand selling at provision shop downstairs n thinking if to try.

I used Huggies earlier (cos hospital using it) follow by GooN...then my CL told me Mamypoko and Moony absorbance quite good... so now I using Moony S size for my baby...till now no problem with it...so bought 4 huge packs to stock up at home. Hehee...

I used Huggies earlier (cos hospital using it) follow by GooN...then my CL told me Mamypoko and Moony absorbance quite good... so now I using Moony S size for my baby...till now no problem with it...so bought 4 huge packs to stock up at home. Hehee...

Good le! At how many weeks u changed to S size? My boy now 5 weeks still wearing NB size. Tried huggies S size but too big

My baby start wearing S size around week 3 (4kg). She's born quite big size... now week 6, already 5+kg.

Hehe good size good to carry! My boy i think 4kg now, think i better try S size again. How to tell if too tight? I notice got slight marks from the diaper lining, but not very red.

Hehe good size good to carry! My boy i think 4kg now, think i better try S size again. How to tell if too tight? I notice got slight marks from the diaper lining, but not very red.

4kg is gd to use size S since u see some red lining... Thigh, n tummy area is gd indicator..
Ehhh... Actually even dun bring bb shld b fine? Cos bb wont b talking..lol, at most take pictures if bb is joining.
I aso alone cant handle, somemore far for me. Lol.
Who else may go?? Maybe we can say HI too.. Hehe. If not got soooo many mummies duno who is who...

My baby start wearing S size around week 3 (4kg). She's born quite big size... now week 6, already 5+kg.

Wow i feel my boy so heavy, i think ur girl must be cute n chubby...yum yum, i like to c bb's meaty thigh!! Den with all the lines like michelin sssssooooooo cute!

Side track:

- how long can those expressed milk kept in the fridge?
- can we reuse the warm milk by keeping it warm?
- if it's cool, can reheat?

So many theories.... Lost!

Hi @yew_yew, I am using onwards since born for my baby girl cause we tried the sample of huggies which have rashes then follow by mammy poko which leaks for some reasons. Ended Onwards seems the best for holding the urine but the downside is that if the stool is too watery can have back flow.

My girl is switching between a few different brands of bottles like medela, Dr Brown's, Pigeon and Avent. So far Pigeon seems to be ok for her. The flow is slowest amongst all bottles we have, meaning she doesnt choke when using Pigeon. The leakage is minimal from the sides of her mouth due to much slower flow. She takes 15 mins to finish her milk while medela can be a mere 5 mins! Kuazhang one like scare people snatch her milk w her haha

Hi mummies, I had backache while pumping... sitting in lean forward position. Anyone else have it too? Any better pumping position....to avoid having backache?

Side track:

- how long can those expressed milk kept in the fridge?
- can we reuse the warm milk by keeping it warm?
- if it's cool, can reheat?

So many theories.... Lost!

Hi missyblueberry, i followed kellymom.com 's advise... Pretty useful website on bf :)

Try to freeze in smaller quantities to avoid wastage...

Attachments

• 1435522035554.jpg
    1435522035554.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 143
I use throughout the pump session 15mins. Nv change to expression mode

Now i also start using the massage mode too, less pain! Just pump for 15mins and yield about 70ml after that baby wake up liao. But i haven't latch for 6hrs so can get that much. Toooo tired didn't sleep last night and gave bb fm and ask hubby to take care while i'm sleeping. Now fell much better.

Yup mummies gathering.. On 25 jul.. At the tropica (opposite temasek poly)

@furbee, thanks for the info! Now I'm a little confused too. . Which fb group are u girls talking abt ah? Cos I don't see this event at all.. just wondering if I did join the fb group. . Haha..
Then somemore hor. . Cos baby decided to say hello to the world on 30 Apr ahead of edd 4 May.. I feel like I'm neither here nor there.. been in the May mummies group all along but now not sure if I shld go to the Apr group instead.. Cos if rompers photo.. my girl don't really belong to May babies also.. so confused.. lol

I think ur boy not drinking fast enough for the milk flow. I also use pigeon but SS size. Notice that when my baby is sleepy and drinking quite slowly, the milk will leak... When baby is alert and drinking quickly, no leakage. Maybe u try switch back to SS for a while and see if it is better?

@furbee, thanks for the info! Now I'm a little confused too. . Which fb group are u girls talking abt ah? Cos I don't see this event at all.. just wondering if I did join the fb group. . Haha..
Then somemore hor. . Cos baby decided to say hello to the world on 30 Apr ahead of edd 4 May.. I feel like I'm neither here nor there.. been in the May mummies group all along but now not sure if I shld go to the Apr group instead.. Cos if rompers photo.. my girl don't really belong to May babies also.. so confused.. lol
Lol me too. I am from June but baby decided to come a few days earlier in May...

Anyone cutting baby's fingernails? Any tips on how to cut safely?
I started cutting from week 3 as she hates mittens... And yesterday I accidentally snipped her skin... So heart pain!! Now v scared to cut!

I started cutting from week 3 as she hates mittens... And yesterday I accidentally snipped her skin... So heart pain!! Now v scared to cut!

I bite the fingernails instead. Been doing that for #1 & #2 when they were small. Read before somewhere that we can bite their fingernails instead of cutting. Biting to me sounds safer coz our teeth can feel their skin at the fingers.

I bite the fingernails instead. Been doing that for #1 & #2 when they were small. Read before somewhere that we can bite their fingernails instead of cutting. Biting to me sounds safer coz our teeth can feel their skin at the fingers.
Thanks! Maybe I check that out!

My boi aso came out early! Anyway this fb grp is for apr to june mummies. Maybe @PixiePosh can add those keen to the fb grp...

I aso been using kids nail cutter.. I jus anyhow cut... Hehe. Bb recovery will b fast. Dun worry...

Dont think they set up event in FB. It was a subject raised and poll. they didn't set FB event on this. Romper can put it April mah, cannot meh?

There are 2 fb gps, i think they r talking abt the one which was set up later? I joined e first fb gp for quite awhile, but not active there. Talking here more cos know you guys.

But gathering is at tampines! Too far away for me haha!

Back