(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@furbee , ask ur opinion...
I've been pumping 4x/day oni since Fri to Sun. Range from 4hrs to 7hrs per session. It's been irregular but total output/day is same as I pump 4hr regularly.
In this case, Shd I juz continue with 4x per day? Worry dat it will go downhill tho...

Anyone cutting baby's fingernails? Any tips on how to cut safely?
I started cutting from week 3 as she hates mittens... And yesterday I accidentally snipped her skin... So heart pain!! Now v scared to cut!
I hv been cutting bb fingernails. Best to cut when she's asleep to avoid big movement.and pls cut under good lighting environment.

I hv been cutting bb fingernails. Best to cut when she's asleep to avoid big movement.and pls cut under good lighting environment.

I guess I am one lazy mummy.. haven't cut my baby's nails since birth.. and she's turning 2 months tmrw! Last time #1 days I was more 'on'.. even cut her eyelashes cos heard that it will grow longer & thicker in future.. which I really see that it is long & thick.. but now I don't dare to cut my #2 eyelashes. . Dunno is it I older now.. then more scared abt more things.. lol

Dont think they set up event in FB. It was a subject raised and poll. they didn't set FB event on this. Romper can put it April mah, cannot meh?

@jjmom.. I guess it shld be fine since the fb group is Apr-Jun babies.. I was thinking if it's strictly May babies.. then it'll be weird to have my Apr baby inside!?! Haha.. but in the 1st place. . I'm not even in the fb group..
Hmm.. maybe we shld do our own gathering at somewhere central instead!!! ;)

Hi mummies, I had backache while pumping... sitting in lean forward position. Anyone else have it too? Any better pumping position....to avoid having backache?

@cool_y2, me too.. backache as well.. and shoulder ache too.. cos I will usually bend over to massage the boob to make the milk come out fully.. no idea if the handsfree bra will help cos at least we don't have to lean forward as much perhaps? I will try to go dig out my handsfree bra and try it soon.. will let u know if it works!

@furbee , ask ur opinion...
I've been pumping 4x/day oni since Fri to Sun. Range from 4hrs to 7hrs per session. It's been irregular but total output/day is same as I pump 4hr regularly.
In this case, Shd I juz continue with 4x per day? Worry dat it will go downhill tho...

For me i will experience lesser output if my timing irregular like u say 4-7hrs den pump. I now pumping 4x/day n i make it a point to pump btw 5.5-7hrs, so far dropped alot from my previous 4hourly, but i tink easier to manage and have more time to tk care bb and do own stuff. If ur bb appetite still lesser den ur output den u dont stress urself :)

Pumping mus be happy! Den can get output...

@jjmom.. I guess it shld be fine since the fb group is Apr-Jun babies.. I was thinking if it's strictly May babies.. then it'll be weird to have my Apr baby inside!?! Haha.. but in the 1st place. . I'm not even in the fb group..
Hmm.. maybe we shld do our own gathering at somewhere central instead!!! ;)

The fb group is (closed and secret) so need go thru invitation only, i nt active there as some other mummies.
I noe y we active here, cos we no WA group to chat tat y we meet here almost daily. Im good to meet up too! Need plan out see who else able meet?

Wah WA group? I think it'll be so 'noisy' everyday and lots to read up if we're busy. Haha! I'm not attending the July event but have ordered my romper!

Here easy to update, wont take up personal time when busy. Even can ask same question if missed out the previous 50pages:eek: ! Hahaa

I throw away the Size SS pigeon teat :(. Now i thinking if wan change to avent bottle.
Mummies who use Avent, what teat size u giving bb?

Aiya, i missed the post on mummy who tried Dr Brown, Nuk, Avent etc bottles... Do u interchange or after finding a suitable one den u keep the rest of the bottles? Like abit sayang to buy different brands to try..

Anyone cutting baby's fingernails? Any tips on how to cut safely?
I started cutting from week 3 as she hates mittens... And yesterday I accidentally snipped her skin... So heart pain!! Now v scared to cut!
What type of baby nail cutter u use? Nail clipper or scissor? I also cut baby nails at week 5 then accidentally cut his skin also. He cry a while, i feel so sorry for him. Then later on afraid to cut his nail again. My sis then told me to use baby nail scissor that kind instead of baby nail clipper. So we wont cut too near the skin one.

I hv not order any romper yet.. actually I'm more frequent here den there until they suggest meet up. cos I find it fun for bb to wear same and gather. I'm not sure if I will even interact much. LOL

Ehhh sorry for being so noob. Bt whats the romper and july event about?? I shut down my fb account back in uni days to avoid a stalker so now i dont have a fb account wahaha

Here easy to update, wont take up personal time when busy. Even can ask same question if missed out the previous 50pages:eek: ! Hahaa

I throw away the Size SS pigeon teat :(. Now i thinking if wan change to avent bottle.

Aiya, i missed the post on mummy who tried Dr Brown, Nuk, Avent etc bottles... Do u interchange or after finding a suitable one den u keep the rest of the bottles? Like abit sayang to buy different brands to try..
Using Avent natural bottles and teats. They've classic and natural ones,same price. Natural ones teats softer and shape closer to nipple. Only the same category bottles can fit the same category teats. Using 0-3mths teats now,still ok. Have bought 3-6mths teats but haven't use them yet. Have been using avent since and never change.
U ordered the minions or the jersey romper?
Nope,I ordered the jersey one. I don't even watch minions at all. Lol. Only know they're popular. Though they're botak like my girl now. Haha.

What type of baby nail cutter u use? Nail clipper or scissor? I also cut baby nails at week 5 then accidentally cut his skin also. He cry a while, i feel so sorry for him. Then later on afraid to cut his nail again. My sis then told me to use baby nail scissor that kind instead of baby nail clipper. So we wont cut too near the skin one.

I used pigeon nail cutter. My hubby will help to cut while bb latch on me. So far so good!

I guess I am one lazy mummy.. haven't cut my baby's nails since birth.. and she's turning 2 months tmrw! Last time #1 days I was more 'on'.. even cut her eyelashes cos heard that it will grow longer & thicker in future.. which I really see that it is long & thick.. but now I don't dare to cut my #2 eyelashes. . Dunno is it I older now.. then more scared abt more things.. lol
For me i will experience lesser output if my timing irregular like u say 4-7hrs den pump. I now pumping 4x/day n i make it a point to pump btw 5.5-7hrs, so far dropped alot from my previous 4hourly, but i tink easier to manage and have more time to tk care bb and do own stuff. If ur bb appetite still lesser den ur output den u dont stress urself :)

Pumping mus be happy! Den can get output...

The fb group is (closed and secret) so need go thru invitation only, i nt active there as some other mummies.
I noe y we active here, cos we no WA group to chat tat y we meet here almost daily. Im good to meet up too! Need plan out see who else able meet?

I don't mind! Though abit daunting to bring bb out on my own...hehe

Ehhh sorry for being so noob. Bt whats the romper and july event about?? I shut down my fb account back in uni days to avoid a stalker so now i dont have a fb account wahaha
The mummies organized an event/gathering in July with catered food and goodie bags. Planning to let all babies wear the same outfit so they customized minions romper for babies to wear. minions romper with baby's name printed. Also have a jersey design with LO's name and DOB but jersey is not for the event use.
ImageUploadedByForum1435553994.992755.jpg

I dun intend to change brand leh.. I still keep the SS teat but dun feel like using back as bb already 2 mths. I believe bb need time to learn how to use the S size teat.

I used tommee tippee initially, while establishing breastfeeding, not bad i think as in bb still wants my boobies. 2 days aho switched to dr brown, so far ok as in bb doesn't puke out milk when using the bottle. If i latch him, still will have some episodes when he didn't swallow the milk n he puke out.

The mummies organized an event/gathering in July with catered food and goodie bags. Planning to let all babies wear the same outfit so they customized minions romper for babies to wear. minions romper with baby's name printed. Also have a jersey design with LO's name and DOB but jersey is not for the event use. View attachment 547096
I'm not in the FB group too. How is the minion romper look like? How much?

Ok mb i should try that. I used baby nail clipper. Tried filing before but it was v slow and she wld wake up and cry.

Ok mb i should try that. I used baby nail clipper. Tried filing before but it was v slow and she wld wake up and cry.
i use a nail scissors too. way much easier than nail clipper. i cut her nails weekly since she was 3 weeks old and i usually cut when shes napping. so that she wont move around. shes about 5 weeks now and i started to remove mittens in the morning but at night i still put them on. wondering when should i remove mittens for good?

i use a nail scissors too. way much easier than nail clipper. i cut her nails weekly since she was 3 weeks old and i usually cut when shes napping. so that she wont move around. shes about 5 weeks now and i started to remove mittens in the morning but at night i still put them on. wondering when should i remove mittens for good?
I use NUK nail clipper,cut every week. I've removed her mittens since 6 weeks,she's 7+weeks now.

Waahhhh.... so many pages to read!!
Am not in the fb page as well. Not active in fb tho.
And to think, my baby is not even an april or may baby. Hehehe... suppose to be april but came out in march.
But am keen to meet up among us tho.
The jersey looks nice.

I use avent bottle and use no 1 teat. She always get choke when drinking, don't know because she drink too fast or because the hole too big. So every feed time i will pull out the bottle sometimes so she have time to swallow her milk.

I use baby nail scissor so will not cut on the skin.

I also shut down my acc, den jus recently activated to get in touch with mummies only... Only few of us did a photo shoot during pregnancy.. Kip low profile and nv add friends...

Waahhhh.... so many pages to read!!
Am not in the fb page as well. Not active in fb tho.
And to think, my baby is not even an april or may baby. Hehehe... suppose to be april but came out in march.
But am keen to meet up among us tho.
The jersey looks nice.

No issue on which year or month baby is out. Cos is customised to ur bb birthdate! I be doing for my elder kids also.. I duno how to attach the sizing, but if keen those without fb can pm me so i can let the organiser know the size, name, dob, add to deliver the romper.

Yeah im good with meeting up w u guys too!

Brought bb out in the babasling to buy a stroller tog w hubby. Lol still dun really know how to use it despite watching instructions on youtube. Need to use it more often to get the hang of it.

Wow.. My LO is teething. Coming out Liao, I can feel the teeth le. lll

Mine too. The tooth was spotted when she was at abt 8weeks. Bottom right. A lil bit of the tooth is alrdy out. But it has been like that since. Not growing. My baby is 13weeks today.

Brought bb out in the babasling to buy a stroller tog w hubby. Lol still dun really know how to use it despite watching instructions on youtube. Need to use it more often to get the hang of it.

I also watch youtube kept trying but still i dun feel safe n secure to bring bb out :( been using pram all the while.
Now the sling like white elephant!

Wow.. My LO is teething. Coming out Liao, I can feel the teeth le. lll

She's oni 7 weeks..

Wah congratz!! Haha her first milk tooth is out...soon! But feels scary, when they itch and bite...... Jus the tot of it my goosebumps appear..

Wow.. that's fast.. I noticed my bb got lots of saliva recently n keep biting his fingers. Are these sign of teething?
Yes.. These r the signs. Use ur finger the touch the gum see if u can feel anything.
No wonder my LO been keep crying lately. Can bb apply the gel for teething at this young age?

Yes.. These r the signs. Use ur finger the touch the gum see if u can feel anything.
No wonder my LO been keep crying lately. Can bb apply the gel for teething at this young age?

I feel jus let it be.. At most can but teething toy. I feel too young to apply gel leh... :)

I'm using the scissor now even since I accidentally cut too deep and bleed. I feel that scissor can cut till very short as compare to cliper

I remove mittens when my bb one month old. Last time heard fr mrs wong said that bb should not wear mittens anymore after 6 weeks old. Otherwise later bb only can count one and two only instead of counting ten fingers. Lols....

I also started using baba sling but just could get it right.

I am using Nuk bottle with size 1 tests for my gal. She is ok with it. The flow seems fine. This was recommended by my friend who said that it is the closest to our nipple so there is no confusion.

Anyone give Gripe water to bb? My gal has a lot of gas inside her...tummy is bloated. So we tried giving her gripe water just now and burp her. In the end, she threw up her milk thru both mouth and nose. This is the first time we see her threw out so much and also thru her nose. Is that a good sign that the gas is coming out?

Does your LO has mucus in her nose? Some times she will have heavy breathing and I saw mucus right inside which is too deep in to use cotton bud to remove. Managed to remove one 2 days ago but it's back again. Bot the nasal aspirator but it's difficult to extract as bb will fidget. Can we go deeper with this as compared to cotton bud?

@happy08 , i tink not so fast will c effect of gripe water leh. Hopefully ur bb let out more gas, den u see if still bloated after another day or 2.
Is her tummy hard cos of too much milk? My boi 3x had milk out of nose if when i overfed him. Now i make sure his tummy is abit soft to touch.
So far i use the rounded black hair pin go quite deep in to remove the nose shyt all quite successful. Also fidget alot, but lucky nv cry..so means not painful i suppose. Haha. I last time tried cotton bud but once insert cannot see how deep in or let right up down is the shyt so i gave up!

Hello @furbee n mummies who are using spectra S9+, u use the massage mode to pump for how long? I'm thinking to buy
Anyone give Gripe water to bb? My gal has a lot of gas inside her...tummy is bloated. So we tried giving her gripe water just now and burp her. In the end, she threw up her milk thru both mouth and nose. This is the first time we see her threw out so much and also thru her nose. Is that a good sign that the gas is coming out?

Does your LO has mucus in her nose? Some times she will have heavy breathing and I saw mucus right inside which is too deep in to use cotton bud to remove. Managed to remove one 2 days ago but it's back again. Bot the nasal aspirator but it's difficult to extract as bb will fidget. Can we go deeper with this as compared to cotton bud?

The last time I gave gripe water, she threw up all her milk through her nose and mouth too. She became very stiff for a while and it scare the sh*t out of me. After that I dare not give her directly, I put a teaspoon of it in her milk.

My LO does have mucus, I will use cotton bud to dig it out. Able to dig those I can see and cotton bud can reach. Dare not dig deeper.

I used rid wind (qt similar to gripe). Sometimes baby will throw up milk but the wind will be gone :)

The last time I gave gripe water, she threw up all her milk through her nose and mouth too. She became very stiff for a while and it scare the sh*t out of me. After that I dare not give her directly, I put a teaspoon of it in her milk.

My LO does have mucus, I will use cotton bud to dig it out. Able to dig those I can see and cotton bud can reach. Dare not dig deeper.

We feed by syringe. She very smart will spit out the gripe water. Can add to milk?

@happy08 , i tink not so fast will c effect of gripe water leh. Hopefully ur bb let out more gas, den u see if still bloated after another day or 2.
Is her tummy hard cos of too much milk? My boi 3x had milk out of nose if when i overfed him. Now i make sure his tummy is abit soft to touch.
So far i use the rounded black hair pin go quite deep in to remove the nose shyt all quite successful. Also fidget alot, but lucky nv cry..so means not painful i suppose. Haha. I last time tried cotton bud but once insert cannot see how deep in or let right up down is the shyt so i gave up!

Ok will feed and observe for few more days. Hopefully it works.

Oh...I nvr check her tummy. Just fed on demand. But this is first time like that.

Black hair pin? Wow... I don't dare to do it when she fidgets a lot in case I accidentally poke her. Anyway I think her nose cleared quite a bit after milk out of nose.

I gave gripe water to my LO recently after he was diagnosed with Colic as well as lots of gas in him. He was so 'gassy' that he had difficulty sleeping well, especially at night. He would make lots of noise and at times, he would burp and fast alot of times. Gripe water helps a little i think.

As for mucus, hubby tried to 'extract' those dirt once every two days. Each time hubby do it, he will move about alot. He doesn't like, but whenever hubby managed to 'extract' alot out, it was a relief. Like hitting gold pot in the gold mine like that. His breathing also tend to be smoother after each 'extraction'.

On another note, LO turning 6 weeks and are drinking between 60 to 80ml per feed, with approx 2 to 4 times normal poo per day. Is this OK? He doesn't want to drink anything more yet his weight falls within the 50th percentile which is normal.

Back