(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

LOL! You have an active baby which is good! I don't have the nail-like scratching, but i do feel some tugging which 'altered' the shape of my tummy at times. I'm 32 weeks now. I also do feel some rhythmic light tapping at my bottom left of tummy (read that it is baby hiccuping).
Yah the hiccuping is a weird "dook dook" sensation and it can last quite long sometimes! If I get those kind of hiccups I will surely go nuts! But I read they happily practicing their breathing and lungs. It becomes even worse at night when I try to sleep on my sides, I will be pummeled against my sides with a vengeance! Like my baby hates the mattress and pillow and will be punching and kicking against it so I have to walk up and down for awhile.. Lacking more sleep.. 8 more weeks to go

Heard that Mt. A renovated and have increase in rooms? So may have chance to get single room.
No lar they still renovating coz I'm going there weekly for classes. -_
Renovation will only be completed in Jul man.
Hope I don't get noisy room also some mummies said they wanted to tear out their hair due to the noise.
Some said didn't hear anything so I think depends on luck which room you get bah.. *keeping fingers crossed

I also noticed alot of ppl don't care even if you are preggy esp giving way when taking the escalators....the other day, one foreign worker was nice enough to give way and let me take my time to walk to the escalators. They rest were all rushing and pushing passed me...I dont understand why they need to rush seriously.

I am also worried about kids running around esp when their parents don't watch out for them. It is quite dangerous if they fall or push against you. Worse are those running around with their big guns esp in a mall.

One of the sun I went supermarket there is this Boy abt 5 yrs old run n I din see him passing by me while I walking st n he coming frm right

Then my stomach hit him n he fell n my stomach hurt abit but seems like he fell n hurt his 'didi' more pain than me

I still say sorry sorry...

Went to the Gynae today at 28wks 5days, baby is weighing in at 1245g (which is average), but I've gained 10kg now.
Baby's head is also down, Gynae is not concerned, but my mum is wondering why it has turned so soon.... (Anyone has any experience with this?)

Doctor is looking at Baby to be delivered from Week 36, onwards, which is only 7 to 8 weeks' time! It's happening so so soon! :D

Week 27 I did scanning d head also down but doc say is normal cos they still got space to swim around and will change position now n then... Mayb jus nice when scanning the head is down

Yah the hiccuping is a weird "dook dook" sensation and it can last quite long sometimes! If I get those kind of hiccups I will surely go nuts! But I read they happily practicing their breathing and lungs. It becomes even worse at night when I try to sleep on my sides, I will be pummeled against my sides with a vengeance! Like my baby hates the mattress and pillow and will be punching and kicking against it so I have to walk up and down for awhile.. Lacking more sleep.. 8 more weeks to go
Ya! Sleeping on sides seemingly gave them some pressure that they will struggle and kick. Haha. Lots of night visits to toilets too! Jiayou! May our deliveries be really smooth and painless. :p

Hope I don't get noisy room also some mummies said they wanted to tear out their hair due to the noise.
Some said didn't hear anything so I think depends on luck which room you get bah.. *keeping fingers crossed
Oic... really depends on the roommate if didn't get single bedded... and hubby cannot accompany overnight if not single bedded right?

10kg not much, dont be bothered by it lah. Even if gain 20kg can still lose it after delivery :)
My 1st 2 also very early heads down, but only engage after 32weeks delivering at 36weeks like still quite early Eh, hopefully ur baby can wait couple more weeks and enjoy the comfort.

Haha if only the men can go thru it!! Worse is after childbirth den avoid sex....

I tot should avoid at least 1 month.. but after reading all above conversations.. I think at least 2 months. . So I can recover better...o_O

One of the sun I went supermarket there is this Boy abt 5 yrs old run n I din see him passing by me while I walking st n he coming frm right

Then my stomach hit him n he fell n my stomach hurt abit but seems like he fell n hurt his 'didi' more pain than me

I still say sorry sorry...
Hehehe

Hmm.. always too shy to tap on sleeping passengers worrying that some may have very big and negative reactions. Even if they are awake I won't dare to ask for the seats as they can claim that they are also paying commuters and won't want to give away the seat...

Normally the morning and after work rush hours crowd, will be super hard to get a seat...

Can see my stripy stomach? ? Already point towards them.. even though the guy saw me, he peek very obviously and slept back a few times.. then secretly mumber to his wife to wake as they are alighting soon.. ended up I stand for at least half an hour. But luckily, I hold on to the pole tight and everything is safe.

They just hook hand in hand and sleep together..(although very loving ) i just felt that the guy should auto stay awake and let the wife continue to sleep if she is really that tired.. and since he is on priority seat, he shoyld be uptight and give it up if anyone else needs more.. but then again, he did not break any law by not giving up the seat :(

Dunno when I will have the courage to tap them up...:rolleyes:
View attachment 500867
So inconsiderate and irritating. Act sleeping somemore.......

Oic... really depends on the roommate if didn't get single bedded... and hubby cannot accompany overnight if not single bedded right?
Yah hubby can't stay if not single room and I can't imagine not having one lor.. First time preggo, doin csect and I'm so scaredy cat so I really want him to be in the room with me and he also is freaking out as I told may not get single room.Which is why he said go for the family suite maybe not a lot of ppl want that room.

I tot should avoid at least 1 month.. but after reading all above conversations.. I think at least 2 months. . So I can recover better...o_O

Lol, after review by gynae then will advice more. But if gynae stitch is good, it will be tighter, so need prepare lots of lube... N its pretty scary not knowing if all the stitches have fully dropped anot! Lol..

Everyone is so active today. Loads of information on giving birth and is freaking me out.

Yday spent a whole day at gynae to do a trial for glucose home monitor test. Now I have to prick myself and test my glucose level 7 times a day 2 consecutive days in a week. Lose 400g in a week by cutting down on carbo and sweet stuff like cakes, waffles, ice cream and milo. 29 weeks now and baby is at 1.5kg. Baby put on 500g in a week despite me losing weight. My friend told me that for glucose intolerance mums, baby will be bigger than normal and may end up induce. But gynae did not mention anything about this. He said baby is growing fine and to show him my glucose test result next week. Will monitor the level closely.

Everyone is so active today. Loads of information on giving birth and is freaking me out.

Yday spent a whole day at gynae to do a trial for glucose home monitor test. Now I have to prick myself and test my glucose level 7 times a day 2 consecutive days in a week. Lose 400g in a week by cutting down on carbo and sweet stuff like cakes, waffles, ice cream and milo. 29 weeks now and baby is at 1.5kg. Baby put on 500g in a week despite me losing weight. My friend told me that for glucose intolerance mums, baby will be bigger than normal and may end up induce. But gynae did not mention anything about this. He said baby is growing fine and to show him my glucose test result next week. Will monitor the level closely.

Yup its true, my gynae explained to me y i too need do the glucose home test. If baby grows too fast, no space to turn down n engage so need c-sec. If all normal and turns down, and if bb too big, den might dislocate the shoulder (if body too big to pull out when baby pops), or worse(he said other stuff tat freaked me too, but i suddenly switched off cos was thinking bout the worse scenerios and din pay attention to him). Lastly, if maintain to have gestational diabetes when birth, bb got chance to be diabetic too, so its not gd...

I still take cakes n sweet stuff, but i take alot of water, lime water and milk ..cos when i did the home test i noticed if i drink alot after meal and before the test, the results was in normal range. Have to monitor ur intake, cannot monitor weight de..haha. Jiayou...
And also must drag the in between meals n proper meals so that it evens out. My result was highest if i take early lunch n dinner.. Gynae recommend me to drag my main meal later abit.
10weeks more for u... 7weeks more for me....

Yah hubby can't stay if not single room and I can't imagine not having one lor.. First time preggo, doin csect and I'm so scaredy cat so I really want him to be in the room with me and he also is freaking out as I told may not get single room.Which is why he said go for the family suite maybe not a lot of ppl want that room.
Yours is confirmed csect already ah... It's by choice or Dr advice? Ya, I'm sure we need our hubbies by our side. I'm equally scaredy cat. :( Family suite will be lesser demand cos it's at a much higher price...

IMO, if confirm c-sec den better secure the room, at least u can have better rest after the delivery. Somemore u wld rather have ur hubby beside u to help u get stuff, carry baby, change, etc, rather den keep on pressing for nurse in a 2 bedded. But normally if single room not avail, sure CAN REQUEST upgrade to bigger room, like u mention sure not much ppl opt for family suite.. My friend also manage get the quiet room at Mount A when she delivered.. Hope u too can get the quiet ones =)

Hello mummies, anyone keen on getting avent electric single breastpump?
Condition:9.5/10
Used less than 5times
Bought in feb2015
Retails at $229
Selling at $120 (Nego for fast deals)
Extra tube (BRAND-NEW)
Storage cups / Brand NEW
Nipple protector NEW
Breast pads all thrown in for free
Try selling on Fb grp - Preloved Baby Goods or Preloved Baby Goods Deux Sg.

We will still be given couple of medications, tablet kind and stool softener. i tink might be painkiller (panadol), or what also, but 1st time pee damn stress, cant walk well as the effect of epidural wear off, den nurse acc me toilet see me pee n wash for me n teach me how to use the spray! I so worried cannot feel the muscle...but one thing for sure, when walk big step can feel the stitch pulling. Haha. Confirm not pain after going thru the toughest part.

Why no nurse accompany me to toilet de?? Just keep telling me must pee dats all. Issit cos i was in 2-bedder so service more slack?

I honestly dun remember the pain of my stitches in the hospital. Maybe after i'm home during confinement and going thru the healing part then realised the discomfort. Hmmm… gotta say my gynae is good then!

Seriously Mt A is like forever undergoing reno. Visited frens few yrs back, renovating one entire wing. Now you guys say still renovating?? Aiyo… hopefully noise level not dat bad.

Yours is confirmed csect already ah... It's by choice or Dr advice? Ya, I'm sure we need our hubbies by our side. I'm equally scaredy cat. :( Family suite will be lesser demand cos it's at a much higher price...
By choice coz I'm scared of the entire delivery process. Worst nightmare in my head is i try to give birth naturally, fail miserably and give up and end up being wheeled for emergency csect. So I rather have "ctrl" over my situation and prepare for an elective csect.. After the op another thing is recovery hope all ok and smooth

IMO, if confirm c-sec den better secure the room, at least u can have better rest after the delivery. Somemore u wld rather have ur hubby beside u to help u get stuff, carry baby, change, etc, rather den keep on pressing for nurse in a 2 bedded. But normally if single room not avail, sure CAN REQUEST upgrade to bigger room, like u mention sure not much ppl opt for family suite.. My friend also manage get the quiet room at Mount A when she delivered.. Hope u too can get the quiet ones =)
But they say can't secure leh depends on availability.. Haix. Pray n pray for best..

Seriously Mt A is like forever undergoing reno. Visited frens few yrs back, renovating one entire wing. Now you guys say still renovating?? Aiyo… hopefully noise level not dat bad.
Ya lor.. My gynae only deliver at Mt A or TMC. I prefer Mt A coz nearer to my house easier to drive over and I don't like TMC lor.. Hopefully by the time May come they finish all the drilling and hammering stuff..

Gambate! You can do it babe and soon May will be here and your gorgeous baby will be worth all of it!

My friend happy happy after she got better think around 1.5 mths had sex with her hubby and got pregnant immediately!
That's scary because she didn't have time to recuperate and bring her body back to health I feel.
She was breastfeeding and thought it would be a natural contraceptive but the thing is with bf I read must exclusive breastfeed like clockwork can't stop and formula feed etc. so better make sure get proper contraceptive

Why no nurse accompany me to toilet de?? Just keep telling me must pee dats all. Issit cos i was in 2-bedder so service more slack?

I honestly dun remember the pain of my stitches in the hospital. Maybe after i'm home during confinement and going thru the healing part then realised the discomfort. Hmmm… gotta say my gynae is good then!
I heard some mothers don't really feel much pain coz their gynae stitching skills like damn good. That's very lucky and good lor. Then my own friend got horror story say felt stinging sharp pain for like 2 weeks.. Pee and poop also pain.. Cannot sit properly even with the donut pillow. Damn poor thing

Haha.... I was thinking of having it regularly one month before the baby is out, coz it will works as natural induction. Then after baby pop out, think I will be tired enough to do that unless hubby asked. :D

By choice coz I'm scared of the entire delivery process. Worst nightmare in my head is i try to give birth naturally, fail miserably and give up and end up being wheeled for emergency csect. So I rather have "ctrl" over my situation and prepare for an elective csect.. After the op another thing is recovery hope all ok and smooth

Hi.. I m going for c section by choice also. Do u plan to go for epi or GA c section?

Hi.. I m going for c section by choice also. Do u plan to go for epi or GA c section?
I will be checking with my gynae on my next visit as I want to be awake during the process and have skin to skin with baby after delivery.
Heard there is spinal or epi options for this awake procedure so i want to know and weigh the pros and cons if any.
GA is not an option for me and I hear it's typically for mothers who need emergency csect or have health issues.
My gynae thinks I'm being a fashionista opting for elective csect when I can have a normal delivery as everything is ok and in the clear for me.
It's just my ridiculous fear that has propelled me towards csect. -_-"

The last renovation did bring the hospital to a 'nicer' feel overall. Think this time round the renovation is to increase the number of beds to cater to their increased demand...

I see... You know hor... I am extremely scared of needles and the thought of episiotomy, epidural, drips, urine catheter insertion and removal etc etc also freaks me out, afraid that after all the tries end up emergency csect :S... In fact, like what you say, the labour itself is like a nightmare... But csect will be harder to recover, hope all's well and smooth for you!!! If you are going to take up post-natal massage, you have to wait for a couple of weeks before commencing.

I see... You know hor... I am extremely scared of needles and the thought of episiotomy, epidural, drips, urine catheter insertion and removal etc etc also freaks me out, afraid that after all the tries end up emergency csect :S... In fact, like what you say, the labour itself is like a nightmare... But csect will be harder to recover, hope all's well and smooth for you!!! If you are going to take up post-natal massage, you have to wait for a couple of weeks before commencing.
I booked post natal liao and they said best to start one month later leh.. But got some friends started earlier and didn't massage their bellies and body only but like not worth it then right

Haha.... I was thinking of having it regularly one month before the baby is out, coz it will works as natural induction. Then after baby pop out, think I will be tired enough to do that unless hubby asked. :D
On this subject... I heard that breastfeeding will actually lower your sex drive? - I can't imagine with all the pain + recovery + sleepless nights... Where do you even get the energy to have sex even.

I totally lose interest ever since I know I'm pregnant. Firstly morning sickness kills it. Thereafter I always experience braxton hicks when I got stimulated which is so uncomfortable. But I understand when labour is nearer it can help to hasten the dilation. Might give it a try. Haha.
With baby out and feeding every 2 hours, I wonder I will have the energy and mood to do. Slp will be a luxury. Haha

My friend happy happy after she got better think around 1.5 mths had sex with her hubby and got pregnant immediately!
That's scary because she didn't have time to recuperate and bring her body back to health I feel.
She was breastfeeding and thought it would be a natural contraceptive but the thing is with bf I read must exclusive breastfeed like clockwork can't stop and formula feed etc. so better make sure get proper contraceptive

Ya breastfeed or exclusive pumping need to be regular, 3hourly. My menses came back after 14mths so was consider quite lucky as din need to take contraceptive.

Now i also tinking hw to close shop, dun wanna do ligation..sigh

On this subject... I heard that breastfeeding will actually lower your sex drive? - I can't imagine with all the pain + recovery + sleepless nights... Where do you even get the energy to have sex even.

But must think of the outcome if the husband wants how? Cannot always give excuse as tired, or cos need take care of kids. I have guy friends whose wife even sleep different room after giving birth! So quite pity the guys lah...

I booked post natal liao and they said best to start one month later leh.. But got some friends started earlier and didn't massage their bellies and body only but like not worth it then right

Of cos not worth! Haha somemore will need do binding to see the real effect of post natal massage. Best is wait 3weeks to 1 mth, mean time eat proper meals so wont gain excessive weigh. Might as well after 5,7 or even 10 sessons, den extend couple more sessions if possible. Previously i only did 5 days straight, which i feel not enough..cos tummy bulge nv go off...

Of cos not worth! Haha somemore will need do binding to see the real effect of post natal massage. Best is wait 3weeks to 1 mth, mean time eat proper meals so wont gain excessive weigh. Might as well after 5,7 or even 10 sessons, den extend couple more sessions if possible. Previously i only did 5 days straight, which i feel not enough..cos tummy bulge nv go off...
I booked for 10 lor then will do after one month hopefully all the csect thing healed well by then..

Tangs having sale.. Just bought myself a bread maker and some other kitchen stuff..
AND
ImageUploadedByForum1426136775.083018.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1426136785.280769.jpg

Anyone experiencing ear blocked during pregnancy? Its like u won't hear anything except ur own breathing. Somehow like a half deaf. I asked my gynae ytd abt ways to clear it. But she mentioned it's water retention in body n will only go away after delivery. Super sian. So far I can only make it go away by putting my head between my knees. but i cant go out and suddenly sit down n put my head between my knees rite? Haiz. Anyone has any other methods?

I think overall having kids lowers your sex drive wahaha… no time no energy lah…

Anyone experiencing ear blocked during pregnancy? Its like u won't hear anything except ur own breathing. Somehow like a half deaf. I asked my gynae ytd abt ways to clear it. But she mentioned it's water retention in body n will only go away after delivery. Super sian. So far I can only make it go away by putting my head between my knees. but i cant go out and suddenly sit down n put my head between my knees rite? Haiz. Anyone has any other methods?

I don't have this problem. Pinch your nose n blow hard through your nose. Or try seeing a gp? They've ear drops to clear it.

But must think of the outcome if the husband wants how? Cannot always give excuse as tired, or cos need take care of kids. I have guy friends whose wife even sleep different room after giving birth! So quite pity the guys lah...

My guy fren oso this situation, so every now n then go running lor. Errr he very fit now…

Best is my hubby yday while we were having dinner..
I almost choked bcoz of what he said..
"Baby cooking so nice for two of us next time will be for the four of us. One girl one boy" and then proceeds to smile widely to himself and continues eating..
I'm like thinking -_-"" dude I haven't even given birth to our first one and you are already making plans for another in your head?! And how the hell do you even know it will be a boy next??!!
Felt like smacking his head but I just stared at his dumb grinning face with an expressionless face and turned to the tv and continued eating..
Crazy

My exact sentiments. Im choosing c-sect too.
But seriously, i really dunno what to expect. I dare not read up or go youtube or do any research on c-sect. Totally clueless.

Back