(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

That's really good to know... Thanks, I'll def go read up more on this topic.... Really one of the more important considerations to think about before baby is born...
I am donating bb cord blood. You can alzo read up on the website of singapore public cord blood banking website faq which are v informative

Ok my two cents worth since I did extensive research on cord blood banking and decided not to go with it at all. From the list of diseases most prevalent are blood related so if your family has no such blood related disease history then it's pretty much left to their on going research and tests to see what other diseases can the stem cells be used for.
Also from my research I found out that if a baby is born with a particular disease this will be genetically inherent in his or her stem cells. Collecting this stem cells and trying to use it for this baby will be useless as it has the disease to begin with. The unusable stem cells might be able to use for siblings or parents if needed in the future.
Globally the number of cases utilizing stem cells is very low averaging around 25k in population. Mostly for blood related and brain cognitive related diseases.
The difference between why public cord banks reject donations is because they conduct stringent checks to ensure the public get the necessary excellent stem cell quality donations which will cure/aid them vs private cord banking which collects the cells and you have to "trust" that your gynae collected sufficient cells and the process was done with no hiccups. The private bank will inform you yes it's done to the tee but there is no guarantee and assurance. You just have to believe their word. For all you know you paid $6k for unusable cells to sit in the freezers over time.
My personal POV is that most of the parents buy into this cord blood banking because they fear the what if without the proper information. For now the stem cells are able to be kept for max of 23 years and not a lifetime as some people might inaccurately believe.
That's right PixiePosh....after doing my research I have also decided not to go ahead with the private banking and choose to donate it instead.

Hi all,
I believe this must have been mentioned before. But im looking for a recommended malay postnatal massage package.

Any good recommendations and contact details?

Thanks in advance.

Marilyn

Hi for working mom how long before EDD you plan to start take maternity leave??

my previous 2 deliveries were induced at 38 weeks+, therefore i did not use my casual leave, only start maternity leave on delivery day itself, and MC during visit to gynae. Must have to plan if u have too much leave too clear after back from ML anot..
IMH, Best to take 3-5 days to truely rest well n eat well before the edd/advice frm gynae if possible

my previous 2 deliveries were induced at 38 weeks+, therefore i did not use my casual leave, only start maternity leave on delivery day itself, and MC during visit to gynae. Must have to plan if u have too much leave too clear after back from ML anot..
IMH, Best to take 3-5 days to truely rest well n eat well before the edd/advice frm gynae if possible
Only 3-5days??? Whoa. Didn't know that's sufficient.... My female boss was put on bed rest so she was away for abt a mth, so I thought that was the norm..... Of course if I can work, I'll continue to do so...

Are you mummies going to take the full 4mths maternity leave straight, or will you split it up?

Really depends on ur workload ... For me is managable even if i not at work, so i can take 4 days in adv or even on exact edd. But i will take full 16 weeks ML, den use my leave drag abit so will return work later...
Baby got injections n stuff so first 6 mths sure use up alot leave to bring for jab or checkups.. And also leave to go for short trips!!!!!
If bed rest, doc will give hospitalisation leave instead of using personal leave right? Unless not entitled... If need bed rest of cos rest as much n as long as possible to ensure smooth delivery.

@ellieteow , den what ur plans on ur leave?

Any mummies can recommend if girdles or binding is better post delivery? Some brands are pretty expensive. Yet binding have to bind tight enough. Don't know which is better.

Hi EDD May mummies...anyone interested to keen in the fun and interesting exercise for all expecting mummies?? Can take a look via this link:
http://***************/strutyourbump.

If you are keen...can register via the link above and key in the promo code: FOR10-MAY to get free tickets. It is specially for EDD May mummies.=)

Any EDD May mummies interested to take a group maternal pic tgt...It will be a keepsake for SG50 May mummies. It will be fun and memorable too!!

If you are keen do let me know. Or if u have FB..join us at 2015 SG50 May Mummies where we can give each other support and share experiences..=)

AHH. OK. It makes much more sense now. Thanks....
BTW, @mylilsheep mummy, does Singaporeans/hospitals in SG require MTB to prepare a "birth plan"? Have been reading up quite a bit on BabyCentre and apparently, people do that in some parts of the world. e.g. a list where we list down our preference for type of birth (with intervention/no intervention), pain relief (non, with gas, epidural, etc).... Thanks.

I suppose you can discuss w your gynae abt ur birth plan? Like my gynae can do water birth, but only certain hospitals e.g Mt A have the facilities for dat.

Mine is straight forward - contractions start and in delivery ward, hit the epidural! Wahahaha…

I suppose you can discuss w your gynae abt ur birth plan? Like my gynae can do water birth, but only certain hospitals e.g Mt A have the facilities for dat.

Mine is straight forward - contractions start and in delivery ward, hit the epidural! Wahahaha…
Haha, same! With #1, I hit the epi once in in delivery ward... lol!

My #2 contractions came too fast, den i waited till i tink i blacked out from the pain frm contractions that 1 hr later manage to get epi relieve.
Actually after talking to mums who did not use any pain relieve to deliver, they mentioned that the pain contractions can only hit a limit, once u can tahan that limit can go all the way till oushing n delivering. Yet to try, still contemplating if able to 'believe' in myself to endure so long anot. Haha

Any EDD May mummies interested to take a group maternal pic tgt...It will be a keepsake for SG50 May mummies. It will be fun and memorable too!!

If you are keen do let me know. Or if u have FB..join us at 2015 SG50 May Mummies where we can give each other support and share experiences..=)

Sounds great. But need more mummies, and hard to plan a date tat all is free.

Really depends on ur workload ... For me is managable even if i not at work, so i can take 4 days in adv or even on exact edd. But i will take full 16 weeks ML, den use my leave drag abit so will return work later...
Baby got injections n stuff so first 6 mths sure use up alot leave to bring for jab or checkups.. And also leave to go for short trips!!!!!
If bed rest, doc will give hospitalisation leave instead of using personal leave right? Unless not entitled... If need bed rest of cos rest as much n as long as possible to ensure smooth delivery.

@ellieteow , den what ur plans on ur leave?
Yupp, if it's bed rest, I understand it will be Hosp Leave... Most likely, I'll work for as long as I can, before EDD;
I'll probably use all 4mths, (the part abt the short trip makes sense as well... As I can't travel for a babymoon before baby's arrival).

However, I work for a small agency (about 10 of us?), so the pressure is on to be productive... As my Director came back to work after about 2mths' break. Granted, she's the boss... But still~ Will feel the pressure.

Haha, same! With #1, I hit the epi once in in delivery ward... lol!
@cynn04 @furbee That's the thing about epidural - I hear about it all the time in the office, about how NOT to use epidural... My boss actually went with the hypnobirthing technique and it worked out wonderfully for both pregnancies.... But I just have no idea what's my threshold level for pain. I THOUGHT I was pretty good with pain... But pre-pregnancy, some of my period cramps got me lying flat on my bed, and sometimes, I have to go get injections to ease the cramps...... So I'm pretty worried if I can handle it or not... Trying not to go the c-sect way, as youtube videos have me pretty freaked out about how they cut through your stomach and your muscles, pulling them to get the baby out :(

Mummies, JTS: I have been feeling really uncomfortable wearing a bra for extended periods of time these days... Got fed up and went into Uniqlo to try their AIRism Bra Tops. At $29.90 per pc; they're the best investments you can get for your sore bodies. Seriously comfortable, good support, no feeling of rubber/bands, digging into your ribs and back. Good enough to wear by itself in the day when you're out and about! :D

I plan to not use epidural for my 1st pregnancy. I always put in my mind that old people can bear the pain without any medication why we can't? Hopefully I really can cope with the pain! Hehehe

I have tested yesterday morning. Then afternoon nurse called to admit to hospital liao, my two-hours test result is 13. Now I am warded.... :(

13 is real high! Take gd care n dun worry..im sure they will advice u on proper diet meals, hope insulin will work for u. Jiayou..
Remember Ask the doc more questions on how to control, and the effects, at least u have a better understanding to ease ur worries....

@cynn04 @furbee That's the thing about epidural - I hear about it all the time in the office, about how NOT to use epidural... My boss actually went with the hypnobirthing technique and it worked out wonderfully for both pregnancies.... But I just have no idea what's my threshold level for pain. I THOUGHT I was pretty good with pain... But pre-pregnancy, some of my period cramps got me lying flat on my bed, and sometimes, I have to go get injections to ease the cramps...... So I'm pretty worried if I can handle it or not... Trying not to go the c-sect way, as youtube videos have me pretty freaked out about how they cut through your stomach and your muscles, pulling them to get the baby out :(

@ellieteow, good to read up n understand the birth process, but dun over stress or think too much. Cos when the time comes, every mother reaction n body is accustom to diff situation. For the pain wise, jus think of ur bb and safely bring bb out. Whether to use epi or other pain relieve really depends on ur situation also, i got friends last min c-sec cos bb head stuck,low heart beat, tangled umbilical cord, etc. the more u know the more u think start to worry and let ur tots run wild. Just relax and wait for the DAY!!!

Its actually quite… "fashionable" nowadays to be pro-natural, do hypnobirthing, water birth etc. One of my close frens is a doula. But I'm not subscribing to this idea cos I've experienced contractions before and aiyooo just give me the epidural!! Lol.

My personal opinion, dun lynch me :p

Mummies, JTS: I have been feeling really uncomfortable wearing a bra for extended periods of time these days... Got fed up and went into Uniqlo to try their AIRism Bra Tops. At $29.90 per pc; they're the best investments you can get for your sore bodies. Seriously comfortable, good support, no feeling of rubber/bands, digging into your ribs and back. Good enough to wear by itself in the day when you're out and about! :D

really? I need to try it!! i have try different maternity/nursing bra with different sizes including the bra extended but it all feels so uncomfortable!

really? I need to try it!! i have try different maternity/nursing bra with different sizes including the bra extended but it all feels so uncomfortable!

I bought nursing bra brand Thyme from Qoo10 and find them quite comfy as well. i use bra extender with size L and think it helps with the comfort. Can try if u wanna!

13 is real high! Take gd care n dun worry..im sure they will advice u on proper diet meals, hope insulin will work for u. Jiayou..
Remember Ask the doc more questions on how to control, and the effects, at least u have a better understanding to ease ur worries....

Aiyo i feel a bit worried about my test next week. Been eating soya bean these few days, dunno if it will affect.

Btw, i think I've only put on 0.5kg since 3 weeks ago, though I've been eating more than usual. Strange! will it affect baby?

Aiyo i feel a bit worried about my test next week. Been eating soya bean these few days, dunno if it will affect.

Btw, i think I've only put on 0.5kg since 3 weeks ago, though I've been eating more than usual. Strange! will it affect baby?
It won't affect baby... I put on only 700g since my last visit 4 weeks ago and baby gained 600g... So most of it went to him... Lol

I have tested yesterday morning. Then afternoon nurse called to admit to hospital liao, my two-hours test result is 13. Now I am warded.... :(
Dun worry. Mine was 12.2 and i am petite n light weight. I self control my diet for a week n seek 2nd opinion frm endrocrinology n he said im doing well. So just research more on eating healthy food n totally cut down sweet stuffs. Now i just have to prick my finger twice a week for self monitor. But anyways, y do u need to be warded?

It won't affect baby... I put on only 700g since my last visit 4 weeks ago and baby gained 600g... So most of it went to him... Lol

Woo really? I hope my bb putting on his weight well! His kicks are getting stronger nowadays. I've been eating birds nest for these 3 weeks, my mum says actually should eat since 2 mths ago oops. Hope bb is absorbing all the goodies!

I went for glucose test ytd and then the nurse was like "you here for post natal ?"
I gave the blur look. She said "u give birth already?"
I said " no.. I'm only 7 months"
Then she looked so shock and look at my tummy and said "where's the baby"
We both laughed hahah

I only gained 6.5kg throughout
Baby is now 1.09kg hehe

Went for appt today and baby really put on weight super fast during last trimester. In 3 weeks increased abt 600g. Baby is now 2.1kg. Head is in position. My iron count is still on the low side, 9.6, hence was given another dose of iron injection. :(

On the other note, it is just a tiring day today. And I actually just cry my heart's out coz I am feeling sooooooooooo tired. Short breath, legs tired, butts cramp, tummy heavy and the list goes on....

Suddenly emo wreck at the moment...

Went for appt today and baby really put on weight super fast during last trimester. In 3 weeks increased abt 600g. Baby is now 2.1kg. Head is in position. My iron count is still on the low side, 9.6, hence was given another dose of iron injection. :(

On the other note, it is just a tiring day today. And I actually just cry my heart's out coz I am feeling sooooooooooo tired. Short breath, legs tired, butts cramp, tummy heavy and the list goes on....

How many months are u now? I m coming to 31 weeks. Legs getting tired easily.. short breath.. dizziness..and back pain too. I feel emo also some of these days and will feel better after a good cry.. keep it up for the sake of the baby!! Cheers!

Oh dear cheer up babe, think about meeting bb soon and u will be fine. I am approaching 30th week and could feel bb bump getting heavier and easily tired...I guess we are all feeling the same right now. Let's shoulder on and Jia you!

Its actually quite… "fashionable" nowadays to be pro-natural, do hypnobirthing, water birth etc. One of my close frens is a doula. But I'm not subscribing to this idea cos I've experienced contractions before and aiyooo just give me the epidural!! Lol.

My personal opinion, dun lynch me :p
YES. That's the thing. It doesn't matter how you get the baby out, so long as both mummy and baby are safe.... But you can still feel the judgey stares/looks when you share your birth plan :mad:

BTW, what exactly is a doula/or the role of a doula?!

@furbee I think it's good to be informed... But I do agree that the more you read/the more you know... The more worried you'd be.

My birth plan is just to get baby out safe and sound, in the best possible way for both of us.... - though for epidural, I'm still really freaked out by how huge the needle is; and the back aches you'd feel the day after or so....

I went for glucose test ytd and then the nurse was like "you here for post natal ?"
I gave the blur look. She said "u give birth already?"
I said " no.. I'm only 7 months"
Then she looked so shock and look at my tummy and said "where's the baby"
We both laughed hahah

I only gained 6.5kg throughout
Baby is now 1.09kg hehe
That is awesome! At 27weeks now and I think I've gained about... 8/9 kilo... Do you know what's the "ideal" weight that you should gain? Or the max that you should hit? For e.g. I've heard that the best would be not more than 15kg?

YES. Just trying it on in the changing room will help you make up your mind! Tank top was of super light weight material and the bra pad area is just too comfy! Can be an alternative to buying or wearing maternity bras at times...

Hope you'd feel better! - My iron count isn't exactly ideal and my doc has been asking me to take additional iron tablets on top of the pink multi-vit... But I didn't know that you have to get iron injections :(

Hope you'd feel better after a good cry.... Sometimes my husband will look at me helplessly when I'm in my emo zone.... I think the men just don't get how our mood yoyo from good to bad, and bad to good.

Have anyone taken their maternity photoshoot yet? Any recommendations?
A few of us May Mummies are thinking (most likely cfm) that we're doing a group maternity shoot sometime in late April; you might want to hop over to our May 2015 Mummies group on FB to find out more! Look for Hunni Ang!

- I'm thinking of doing a separate one with my husband... And one for baby after he's born; so I'm still scouting and looking around...

How many months are u now? I m coming to 31 weeks. Legs getting tired easily.. short breath.. dizziness..and back pain too. I feel emo also some of these days and will feel better after a good cry.. keep it up for the sake of the baby!! Cheers!

I'm in my 34th weeks now.
Thanks all for the kind words! I felt better after the cry. And then joined the husband laughing together abt me crying! He has been supportive all these while. Thank god for that.

I just cant wait to hold the baby in my arms. Even tho it will be more tiring at least I know looking at the baby will just erase all the tiredness!

Let's jiayou together! We made it this far, we'll make it to the end!

Hi mummies..hopefully everyone is doing well..i am coming into my 29th weeks.

Anyone of u experiencing sore ribs or pain? I am always having this pain under my breasts near my ribs when at night or when i am too tired. Basically my whole rib area till the back of my shoulder blades are sore..haiz..
Sometimes it hurts more when i lie down on one side too long..

Anyone knows the reason y?

Have anyone taken their maternity photoshoot yet? Any recommendations?

I be taking maternity shoot from a friends studio, he did for my 2 pregs, and newborn, and also almost 15 babies grp photo.

If looking for cheap n good service can try red studios, i intro quite a lot of friends n mummies, good reviews n service honestly, i tried once for their free 2hr shoot & free 3-5 edited copies, and i top up $150 for all the raw pic.

Anyone of u experiencing sore ribs or pain? I am always having this pain under my breasts near my ribs when at night or when i am too tired. Basically my whole rib area till the back of my shoulder blades are sore..haiz..

I been having aches too, maybe aging ...hehe. Went for prenatal massage, PAIN!! But 2 days later the ache n stiffness gone. Maybe ur baby position that makes ur rib pain?The weight n all? Good to let ur gynae know when u c him, or see him asap if gets more worse

Dun worry. Mine was 12.2 and i am petite n light weight. I self control my diet for a week n seek 2nd opinion frm endrocrinology n he said im doing well. So just research more on eating healthy food n totally cut down sweet stuffs. Now i just have to prick my finger twice a week for self monitor. But anyways, y do u need to be warded?

My blood pressure 150/99; blood sugar 13. Also age 40. High risk.
Doctor said must admit immediately to monitor leh. Then I blur blur admitted, no time to go back take my toothbrush. :(

A few of us May Mummies are thinking (most likely cfm) that we're doing a group maternity shoot sometime in late April; you might want to hop over to our May 2015 Mummies group on FB to find out more! Look for Hunni Ang!

- I'm thinking of doing a separate one with my husband... And one for baby after he's born; so I'm still scouting and looking around...

But late apr do the shoot wont everyone tummy b too big to be in the photos? Hehe. Cant imagine cos nv tried taking group pregnant photos. Sounds fun....
Whats the link to the fb may mummies ? Thanks!

Ohh, doc dun wan to take any risk...ya i tink he did the right thing to admit u n observe ur condition... Buy new toothbrush!! Just relax there.... Hope everything is well :)

I had that almost throughout 2nd trimester. Under left breast to be exact. The pain can be super painful like someone just punch and rupture your ribs.

Its due to expansion and also cld be due to the baby's vigorous movement, I suppose. It will go away after sometime. Just something that we gotta endure.

Back