(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

@starrymommy @Doraemon_mummy , this pregnancy is really a tough one, I think I'm going into pre-natal blues.
Nothing I eat seems to help. tried porridge, taking small meals, but the stomach still bloat the whole day, so much so it's causing a lot of pain.
Basically I throw up most of the thing I put into my mouth.
Praying hard all these will be over soon n I can enjoy my preg like u gals.
Will give the Perrier water a try, but I cant tolerate mango, only can take Apple.

@megal , docs tend to place more importance on bleeding, as its a pregnancy risk..
But when it comes to MS, They would think its part and parcel of Preg.
Exactly stomach no space, like wanna explode... Sob sob
Has yr bleeding stopped?

I smell anything like perfume or coffee also will.vomit n super blues during the 6 12wk but No worries soon ms will.be gone without u notice heehee...so I'm. Waiting for mine

I in 12th week
I keep feeling nauseous
Wan vomit can't vomit out
Feel so xin ku
Mayb vomit out will feel better but nothing come out.....

Esp come to evening time, no appetite to eat but mil keep ask me eat eat eat.....

Just wan to go hm frm work n rest on bed Lo feel much better lying down

Hello May mummies....I am crashing here as my edd 3 jun 15 but I maybe become a May mummy depending on my bb eagerness to come out.I want to ask some questions on oscar and harmony test as I believed some of you may have done it already.Due to my age 39, my gynae suggest me to take both oscar and harmony.Have any mummies took double tests like this?I am wondering if we pass oscar test, is it still necessary to do harmony test?Anyone did oscar test at NUH? Can share any experience?

Hello May mummies....I am crashing here as my edd 3 jun 15 but I maybe become a May mummy depending on my bb eagerness to come out.I want to ask some questions on oscar and harmony test as I believed some of you may have done it already.Due to my age 39, my gynae suggest me to take both oscar and harmony.Have any mummies took double tests like this?I am wondering if we pass oscar test, is it still necessary to do harmony test?Anyone did oscar test at NUH? Can share any experience?

Hi, I am same age as you also with nuh. I decided to skip oscar and just take Harmony as the accuracy for harmony is 99%. Now waiting for the results. But I am also going for a genetic scan with dr Anand at Camden on my 14th week. We r abit kiasu due to my age and also previous miscarriage.

Hi, I am same age as you also with nuh. I decided to skip oscar and just take Harmony as the accuracy for harmony is 99%. Now waiting for the results. But I am also going for a genetic scan with dr Anand at Camden on my 14th week. We r abit kiasu due to my age and also previous miscarriage.

Actually based on my last scan where the sonographer measured the baby neck thickness, it is normal and the nasal bone is well defined but we still decide to go for harmony and the genetic scan.

I did mine at NUH. The overall experience I had there was good. The sonographer will tell u on the spot whether the scan result is normal. Blood test result will have to wait a few days and will be sent back to ur gynae.

In general, if there is no issue with the test results, u won't hear back from the gynae or NUH straightaway. But if there is something out of the norm, they will call u once results are out and decide in next course of action. No news means good news in this case.

hippo78, depends on how you wash it. if you are the kind that uses a pail of water for every diaper, then yeah, of course it will be a waste of water! :) in fact, the cost of 2 pieces of disposable diapers will pay for one washing cycle. the only problem is having the time to wash them and the space to hang all the cloth diapers.

this was how we washed our cloth diapers:

if pee only:
pull out insert, rinse that and the cover briefly under bidet and throw into a medium sized pail half-filled with clean water and mild baby detergent (I prefer natural enzyme-based detergent) to soak for 30mins - 1hr. squeeze dry, toss into another pail half filled with water and gently rinse through to remove all traces of detergent. place inside washing machine for quick wash cycle.

if there is poop:
pull out insert, flush the cover (where poo comes into contact with the diaper) with bidet. baby poo washes off very easily. then proceed to wash the same way as stated above.

if you prefer to not hand wash, then just rinse to remove pee/poo then dump everything into the washing machine for a regular washing cycle. and we only started using clothies when my girls' pee/poo cycle became more "scheduled" at 2 months old. it was easier then.
Ah ok. Then maybe I'll start at 2 months :)

Where did you take the Harmony test? I'm at KK and I don't know if they have harmony or not. The doctor said at KK they do oscar. I'm taking that test on the 21st. I'm going-on 38.

How much was your genetic scan?

@Doraemon_mummy , I'm so envious of u, can still take all the nice food. Thai cuisine used to b my fav, but I can't take anything spicy or fishy now... Only can tolerate pork or chicken.

@littlepurple , I feel u. Sometimes wanna vomit but nothing comes out. Or the nauseous will b around for 1-2 hours b4 I throw up, n when I do, I feel much better. However the respite is short lived, 1 hr later, my stomach will bloat n my nauseous will return again :(
I take Apple n ginger slices soak in hot water to relief my MS.

I just extended my HL for another 2 weeks as Im really not fit to work. Thk God my gynae is willing to extend it for me :)

Where did you take the Harmony test? I'm at KK and I don't know if they have harmony or not. The doctor said at KK they do oscar. I'm taking that test on the 21st. I'm going-on 38.

How much was your genetic scan?
I did my harmony at NUH about $900. Genetic scan is about $500

I did mine at NUH. The overall experience I had there was good. The sonographer will tell u on the spot whether the scan result is normal. Blood test result will have to wait a few days and will be sent back to ur gynae.

In general, if there is no issue with the test results, u won't hear back from the gynae or NUH straightaway. But if there is something out of the norm, they will call u once results are out and decide in next course of action. No news means good news in this case.
Yeah I quite like the overall experience in nuh.
Starrymommy, are you a private or subsidized patient?

@XiaoMif75 , I'm 37 and my gynae also suggested to do both. However, we opted for OSCAR instead to save cost.... My Oscar result is low risk
Anyway acc to my gynae, if Oscar turns out moderate risk, we can still go for Harmony. If it's high risk, than she says better to do Amnio.
If costs is not an issue, than I would think Harmony is a better choice as it 99.9 % accurate. But y need to do both Oscar n harmony?

@StacyHF , KKH has harmony, n the cost is ard $1200 if I'm not wrong. U may wanna enquire with them if u r keen

I want to go prenatal yoga or Pilates too but all too inconvenient
I work n stay in north/west

Trying to find nearby

Anyone here Wanna join? We can all look for a class together

Oh so you are also doing a double test here.I think as long as it can give you a peace of mind, just do it...(nike motto) Good luck! By the way i am not with NUH, but the gynae with Mt A recommend me to do the oscar scan in nuh as she mentioned the machine there is good and advanced.

@XiaoMif75 , I'm 37 and my gynae also suggested to do both. However, we opted for OSCAR instead to save cost.... My Oscar result is low risk
Anyway acc to my gynae, if Oscar turns out moderate risk, we can still go for Harmony. If it's high risk, than she says better to do Amnio.
If costs is not an issue, than I would think Harmony is a better choice as it 99.9 % accurate. But y need to do both Oscar n harmony?

@StacyHF , KKH has harmony, n the cost is ard $1200 if I'm not wrong. U may wanna enquire with them if u r keen
Thanks very much for your reply...i guessed my gynae suggested two first cos of my age but will see how the oscar test goes first before deciding on harmony.

@starrymommy @Doraemon_mummy , this pregnancy is really a tough one, I think I'm going into pre-natal blues.
Nothing I eat seems to help. tried porridge, taking small meals, but the stomach still bloat the whole day, so much so it's causing a lot of pain.
Basically I throw up most of the thing I put into my mouth.
Praying hard all these will be over soon n I can enjoy my preg like u gals.
Will give the Perrier water a try, but I cant tolerate mango, only can take Apple.

@megal , docs tend to place more importance on bleeding, as its a pregnancy risk..
But when it comes to MS, They would think its part and parcel of Preg.
Exactly stomach no space, like wanna explode... Sob sob
Has yr bleeding stopped?
I never had an external bleed, touch wood. It's all been internal only and visible on ultrasound. But I am still very bloated, especially at night and if I have been constipated for a few days...

Hellooo all new mummies here!

Been an awful day of nausea and discomfort. And now im suddenly hit with insomnia like what some of you mentioned previously. Sighs, some days good, some days bad…

@Newbie Mummy, @littlepurple, I am also searching for prenatal yoga. I have done some enquires, but have not decided which one to go. Normally, the schedule they have is on the weekday during the office hours, or saturday or sunday.

Como Shambhala located at Orchard Delfi, price for 10 session is @315. I also look into Inspire Mum & Baby @ Eunos / Tanjong Pagar, price for 10 session is @300.

When you are planning to start doing pre-natal yoga?

Hi I have a qns dun kw stupid or not. Can we still go bra less when sleeping or is it time to get support bra for our growing breasts, so tat they wun sag after give birth?

momocrv, I am with Dr John Yam from Gleneagles.

congrats on the great results! and start shopping for boy stuffs already. :)

lubbhates, hi and welcome! :)

ariesbabe2015, it's entirely up to you. I don't have big boobs but I still wear a non-wired bra to bed just for additional support.

my next appointment is another 1.5 weeks away. feels like sooooo long?! glad that I have my fetal doppler and can check on beanie every night.

Back