(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Does he refuse milk too? U can try to let him crawl and play until v tired, so he will feel hungry and wont refuse food. Thats what i did for my baby. Also, possibly he is teething, coz mine also refused to eat when she is teething. Will keep biting toys, spoon, etc.

No, he don't refuse milk.. He's very hungry when we give e solid but just refused to open his mouth. After trying 10 min, my mum gave up and gave him milk which he finish in no time.

I was wondering if it's phobia towards med so he don't want anything unknown which is given to him. Milk is e safest to him.

No, he don't refuse milk.. He's very hungry when we give e solid but just refused to open his mouth. After trying 10 min, my mum gave up and gave him milk which he finish in no time.

I was wondering if it's phobia towards med so he don't want anything unknown which is given to him. Milk is e safest to him.
I started with Apple, pear, pumpkin, broccoli puree individually. Gave her porridge only recently when she is used to eating solid. Maybe you want to go back to simple single food first?

Hihi.. all mummies... Happy New Year...
My gal 9+ mths... nowsaday she very naughty and cranky... dont want sleeping... put her in yao lan... baby cot.. stroller ALL don want... eveb she super duper tired. If she sleep, only 30 mins time... the most. I really don know what to do... getting tired... anyone can advise what should or not to do???

My gal 9+ mths... nowsaday she very naughty and cranky... dont want sleeping... put her in yao lan... baby cot.. stroller ALL don want... eveb she super duper tired. If she sleep, only 30 mins time... the most. I really don know what to do... getting tired... anyone can advise what should or not to do???

Once mine could flip, she refused the yao lan, because she cannot sleep on her stomach in the yao lan. Have you tried putting your girl on her tummy or side and pet to sleep? Sometimes we have to carry her (upright) until she goes to sleep then put her on her side or stomach in her cot to continue the nap. Other options include using the carrier/wrap to get her to nap. Sometimes, we are able to put her on our bed and sleep (or pretend to sleep) with her, in order to get her to sleep. My baby's nap is quite short too, maybe 30-40min, twice a day.

Hope this helps.

Hi All, I read that if the babies doesn't want solid must we see a dietitian cause my LO isn't interested with solids. Been trying to give all sorts from purée to fruits, she hates it to max. Must we see one? Just curious!

Mine didn't like porridge or cereal. She took to pasta though. So she now mostly eats the heinz baby star pasta, because we are too lazy to chop up normal adult pasta. She also takes stir-fried rice. I guess she wants more texture in her food. I think its okay if the baby is slow to take to solids, as what whimsical said, their main source of nutrition at the moment comes from milk. One thing that may help is to have the baby sit with you during your meal times. If they show interest in what you are eating, you can try to give them some. That was how I started mine on foods. We shared our fruits with her and in the beginning, just let her suck on fruits. We are pretty easy going with what she eats, so she does eat bits of cake, chicken, tofu, and other stuff from our plates. This is because our main goal is to keep encouraging her interest in food to hopefully avoid picky eating later.

Me facing same issue for past week. Waking up at nite to play too. I suspect he is teething. Lol. Every time he changes behavior i suspect teething. But now 9mths still only 2 teeth!

Me facing same issue for past week. Waking up at nite to play too. I suspect he is teething. Lol. Every time he changes behavior i suspect teething. But now 9mths still only 2 teeth!
My girl also has 2 teeth only. She is 8 gg to be 9mths old. But i suspect some is growing coz she keeps biting hard toys. Today she refused to eat, but my helper was v patient, play with her, rotate her chair, play her song, until she eats her porridge. Abit slow, but she finished her food. Phew.. I think she is probably bored with porridge and chicken stock and vegie everyday. I m now thinking what else to cook for her. She has tried pumpkin, avocado, pears, apple, banana puree for fruits and asparagus, brocolli, spinach, carrot for vegie. Chicken and minced beef too. Hvnt tried pork yet. What else do you all think I can intro?

Last edited:
Once mine could flip, she refused the yao lan, because she cannot sleep on her stomach in the yao lan. Have you tried putting your girl on her tummy or side and pet to sleep? Sometimes we have to carry her (upright) until she goes to sleep then put her on her side or stomach in her cot to continue the nap. Other options include using the carrier/wrap to get her to nap. Sometimes, we are able to put her on our bed and sleep (or pretend to sleep) with her, in order to get her to sleep. My baby's nap is quite short too, maybe 30-40min, twice a day.

Hope this helps.

Hey mine also take v short nap day time. 2x a day ard 30-40mins. On good days, 1.5hrs max. I wonder why nowdays babies dun sleep that much. My helper seems unable to do much her housechores, esp my girl starts standing up on her own and cruising around. Still quite unstable, so need to watch her closely. She is curious baby i feel, everything also must follow her way. We dun let her stand too long, she will purposely stand and climb sofa.. If she wan to be carried or go outside, she will shout and scream complaining bored. Super duper active. Hubby and I take care of her after work and during weekend, feel super tired too, let alone my helper everyday during the day. Haha.. Nowadays baby.....

My girl also starts to be able to understand me. She likes her cheese sticks. today she ate half and hold it on one hand while the other hand was playing with her toys. Then i told her to finish the cheese stick, she looked at me, and then take a bite of it, and suddenly she pushed the entire stick inside her mouth to finish. Wah, so clever! I was so amazed.. Haha. Probably this age baby can respond us already? I dunno...

Anyone tried baby led weaning? How does it work?

If he is ok with milk, still not so bad. At least he wont starve himself. For solid, mayb try simple puree or fruits first. Try banana? Baby usually loves it. Or try pumpkin.. :)

Hi mummies. . My bb got this red little pimples like bumps on his face.. Sometimes on his back, legs, chin or neck. I dun think is mosquitos bite. Any mummies can advise what is that and how to cure?

Jus went for baby's 9mth assessment and the pd said I should not be feeding him milk like a baby. At 9 months he should be taking 3 meals of solids with milk feeds as and when he wants, no need measure amount of milk and the timing so long total volume of fluids (milk / water/ juices) don't exceed 900ml a day. Pd even said can take abt 200ml of juices/water at 9mths.

I was telling him my lo only takes 2 solid meals a day sometimes one, if he refuse to take the cereal or porridge. Pd says is not right, must take 3 solids and transit him to adult phase by 1yo. The milk now does not provide enough iron, vit D etc for baby's growth. So we are now slowly trying to make him get used to 2 solids then slowly introduce third solid meal. I did highlight to pd that his milk intake is quite low.. only 100-150ml per feed..

Jus went for baby's 9mth assessment and the pd said I should not be feeding him milk like a baby. At 9 months he should be taking 3 meals of solids with milk feeds as and when he wants, no need measure amount of milk and the timing so long total volume of fluids (milk / water/ juices) don't exceed 900ml a day. Pd even said can take abt 200ml of juices/water at 9mths.

I was telling him my lo only takes 2 solid meals a day sometimes one, if he refuse to take the cereal or porridge. Pd says is not right, must take 3 solids and transit him to adult phase by 1yo. The milk now does not provide enough iron, vit D etc for baby's growth. So we are now slowly trying to make him get used to 2 solids then slowly introduce third solid meal. I did highlight to pd that his milk intake is quite low.. only 100-150ml per feed..
Thanks for this infor. I read about them needing 3 meals by 9 months and have just upped my girl to 3 solids a day like 2 days ago. She was waking up every night for the last 2 months. She used to slept through the night. Miraculously, after introducing 3 solids, she kinda slept through the last 2 nights. I guess they do need more food now that they are more grown up. My girl current milk intake is 150ml per feed.

Thanks for this infor. I read about them needing 3 meals by 9 months and have just upped my girl to 3 solids a day like 2 days ago. She was waking up every night for the last 2 months. She used to slept through the night. Miraculously, after introducing 3 solids, she kinda slept through the last 2 nights. I guess they do need more food now that they are more grown up. My girl current milk intake is 150ml per feed.

U give porridge for all 3 solid? Am thinking troublesome to prepare solid for breakfast early in the morning.. Currently my Lo is eating 2 solid per day with some fruit or snack in between.. His milk intake is about 100-150ml 5 times a day depending to his mood.. He also drinks about 100ml water a day..

Anyone still DL? How many meals of solids u feed a day? I'm still DL so I dunno how much she is drinking. Feeding her 1-2 solids a day. Usually oats with fruits for lunch and porridge for dinner. But she is not eating a lot. I usually cook our 1-2 tsp of grinded rolled oats and add more fruits (eg half Apple). Dinner also 1 tsp grinded rice with fish and veg.

U give porridge for all 3 solid? Am thinking troublesome to prepare solid for breakfast early in the morning.. Currently my Lo is eating 2 solid per day with some fruit or snack in between.. His milk intake is about 100-150ml 5 times a day depending to his mood.. He also drinks about 100ml water a day..
Morning is cereal, lunch and dinner are porridge.

My gal (9plus months) is having 3-4 times milk and 3 times solid (breakfast, lunch, dinner) in between will gv her some fruits :) she's quite small built but always hungry! Usually morning my gal would eat fruits like banana, avocado, apple or pear. Others times I would cook some oatmeal with 2-3 soaked raisins.

Any mummies experience difficulties in bringing food outdoors?

My gal has it too, it's allergy. It could be the clothes or food she eats (according to pd) so must monitor.

Is 9 month assessment required for all babies? Was only intending to go for 1st yr vaccination after lo 6 months jab.

Is 9 month assessment required for all babies? Was only intending to go for 1st yr vaccination after lo 6 months jab.

Not sure leh.. coz my pd didn't fill up the health booklet also.. and the health booklet didn't specifically put 9mths.. but rather 6-12mths assessment. So I guess 1yo (12mths) should be ok also.. do the assessment before taking the mmr jab?

Anyone still DL? How many meals of solids u feed a day? I'm still DL so I dunno how much she is drinking. Feeding her 1-2 solids a day. Usually oats with fruits for lunch and porridge for dinner. But she is not eating a lot. I usually cook our 1-2 tsp of grinded rolled oats and add more fruits (eg half Apple). Dinner also 1 tsp grinded rice with fish and veg.

I still direct latch but also trying to stop bf... whenever I'm at home I'll latch directly! His schedule will be:

9am: wake up and have breakfast (usually the plum organic cereal with a fruit - banana, apple/pear puree
10am: bathe
10.30am: sleep
Between 11.30am to 12.30pm: lunch - porridge with vegetables and protein either fish or chicken mashed
After lunch: play until nap time again
3-4pm: milk (when I'm around will be dl, not around will be fm)
5.30pm: if I'm around, he will want milk again!
6.30pm: dinner - same as lunch
8pm: milk and nap or play
10.30pm: fm
After that till next morning: milk buffet (direct latch)

So exhausting. Dread night time the most! My husband is asking me to stay away from him at night to kick his addiction... If I stay away for 4 days, will it help?

I still direct latch but also trying to stop bf... whenever I'm at home I'll latch directly! His schedule will be:

9am: wake up and have breakfast (usually the plum organic cereal with a fruit - banana, apple/pear puree
10am: bathe
10.30am: sleep
Between 11.30am to 12.30pm: lunch - porridge with vegetables and protein either fish or chicken mashed
After lunch: play until nap time again
3-4pm: milk (when I'm around will be dl, not around will be fm)
5.30pm: if I'm around, he will want milk again!
6.30pm: dinner - same as lunch
8pm: milk and nap or play
10.30pm: fm
After that till next morning: milk buffet (direct latch)

So exhausting. Dread night time the most! My husband is asking me to stay away from him at night to kick his addiction... If I stay away for 4 days, will it help?

Doesn't you get engorge during the day?

My girl will latch then fall asleep for her nap n nighttime. Am wondering how to wean her off this too? But not gg to b easy cos she will b cranky when she's sleepy and may keep crying or rolling ard for long time on the bed.

Doesn't you get engorge during the day?

My girl will latch then fall asleep for her nap n nighttime. Am wondering how to wean her off this too? But not gg to b easy cos she will b cranky when she's sleepy and may keep crying or rolling ard for long time on the bed.

I understand how you feel... It's really not easy to wean. I'm stuck too!

I'll get engorged only after 9 hours or so... haha never have over supply issue in the first place haha

I Oso dun know leh.. some said is too heaty.. but it appears on the face also.
Sometimes it could be hormonal changes that the body is going through. As long as the baby is not irritated by it or scratching it, its okay. I think the larger worry is that the baby scratches and the spots get infected.

DL = demand latch? I do that when home. She gets 2-3 meals of solids when at home (1-2 will be puree, then last meal is usually pasta/meat/fruit or veg).
She doesn't seem to complain, so as long as she doesn't complain and is putting on weight, I think she is fine. :)

I understand how you feel... It's really not easy to wean. I'm stuck too!

I'll get engorged only after 9 hours or so... haha never have over supply issue in the first place haha

Will start to wean when I reach the 1 year mark... Have to think about the ways by that time.

Its been a week that my bb refused to eat solid. She will push away the spoon and make noise. When do you all think I should go and see PD?

L
My girl is back to waking up in the night again. Sigh. Don't know what to do. Tiring.

Its been a week that my bb refused to eat solid. She will push away the spoon and make noise. When do you all think I should go and see PD?

My girl was like that when she turned 10mths. She refused her food for abt 2 weeks or so. I latch more often and just try different ways to feed her solids. Change plates, change spoon, change different texture of food. At one point she was eating from the same plate I was using. Rice and fish or chicken. I even fed her using hands. Whatever it took to make her eat. Now she is using big plates and metal spoon meant for adults, drinking from mugs with straws. Want to be the same like us. She eats almost back to normal now.

My boy has been dl since birth even after I'm back to work. But these 2 days he refuse to dl not sure if it's cos my supply is dropping and he couldn't get any milk on first few suck. Any idea what I can do?

How big is your bb now? My boy coming to 9 mths and used to sleep thru until recent 2 weeks. Since cny, he will wake up twice a night
Mine is 9 months plus. Now I go to work like zombie as not enough sleep. She started to wake up after 8 months when I went back to work.

My girl was like that when she turned 10mths. She refused her food for abt 2 weeks or so. I latch more often and just try different ways to feed her solids. Change plates, change spoon, change different texture of food. At one point she was eating from the same plate I was using. Rice and fish or chicken. I even fed her using hands. Whatever it took to make her eat. Now she is using big plates and metal spoon meant for adults, drinking from mugs with straws. Want to be the same like us. She eats almost back to normal now.

Really?! did you bring her to PD? I am so helpless to see her. Keep rejecting food. And I am actually working mother, but I saw how my helper was trying to feed her, I tried myself to feed her over the weekend until I am so frustrated. Let her do her way, and told my helper to feed her more milk then. She was so agitated after 2 spoonfeed only. Glad to know ur bb is back to normal after awhile. Really wondering why..

Good morning mummies!

Anyone has any good recommendation for baby's first party?

1. Venue
2. Party deco planner
3. Customised cake
4. Buffet caterer
5. Dessert / candy corner

Best is one package covers all... Lazy mummy

Thanks in advance!

Really?! did you bring her to PD? I am so helpless to see her. Keep rejecting food. And I am actually working mother, but I saw how my helper was trying to feed her, I tried myself to feed her over the weekend until I am so frustrated. Let her do her way, and told my helper to feed her more milk then. She was so agitated after 2 spoonfeed only. Glad to know ur bb is back to normal after awhile. Really wondering why..

I didnt bring her to pd tho. Just monitor. She poo and pee as per normal. And I just regard that as the changing of month phase. She used to finished her meal in 20mins. Nowadays it can take abt double the time if I am patient. Hehhehe. But take it easy lah. And like I say, trial and error on the food. Try bread and cheese cut in small cubes and like baby eat herself. More creative ways to make baby interested again. Sometimes they are just bored.

U can also distract baby while feeding. I gotta sing song, make her laugh and she will forget for a while that she dont want to eat. When she open her mouth, I quickly feed her. And she will happily chewing the food like nothing happen awhile ago.

Good luck, k!

I guess it's just a phase. Intro more kinds of food, different texture etc. By the way, any trouble bringing out food for your babies to eat while you're out shopping?

What kind of food did you all bring out for your babies to eat?

I guess it's just a phase. Intro more kinds of food, different texture etc. By the way, any trouble bringing out food for your babies to eat while you're out shopping?

I will bring her usual porridge in a thermal jar.

depends on how long I go and where I go. Normally just feed more milk or just bring some steamed apple / stick carrot / biscotti as finger food. But if going to friend's house, I will bring porridge.

We also had a week of fussiness with the solid feeds. It turned out that she was teething (the tooth didn't come out until a while later), but it could have been that her gums are sore and she didn't want to chew on the food.

We also realised that she wants to eat what we eat and wants textured foods, so we have been giving things like fish flakes and shredded chicken and sometimes if she is fussy, feeding her using her spoon, our teaspoon or even with fingers are in our bag of tricks. :)

Back