(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

Few years ago, I accompanied my friend to baby spa. I felt it's overpriced and over rated.

Personally I will just bring bb to pool when she's few months old. My ML also said their bb massage is not really good. She did 1 session of bb massage for my LO. Now I do whole body massage for her everyday after her bath. Usually she will fall asleep after that.

She has a lot of wind inside her so at night before she sleep, I will massage her tummy only while my hubby will try and feed her a bit of gripe water. Tried for 4 days and she managed to sleep better.

Qv lotion. Previously using Ceradan but like not working... Alot ppl reco mustela!

I'm using both mustela & biolane. Biolane moisturizer can be used for both body n face and i think its better in moisturizing, bb skin feels so soft when i apply biolane. Mustela smell is stronger and more "baby" and cheaper though among the 2.

Lo now is 8weeks tomorrow. For past week, he's been super fussy and cries so much! Is it the so-called Wonder Week? Oh man, i really hope it will get bstter soon

Lo now is 8weeks tomorrow. For past week, he's been super fussy and cries so much! Is it the so-called Wonder Week? Oh man, i really hope it will get bstter soon
dont worry wonder week may be wonder days...my LO was fussy at week 7 for 2 to 3 days and when i looked back at her feeds we had to feed her up to 11 feeds a day (not overfeeding) as she wanted both comfort and real food (milk ). after that shes back to her 8 feeds daily and sleeps better instead of her wonder days of sleeping just 10 mins and then waking up when u put her back to her cot or playpen...hang in there!

mummies quick question: my LO is 8 weeks old and i finally took off her mittens for good at week 7. shes been licking/sucking her fingers (finger licking good i guess) but shes not hungry cos she does it after her feed and will do it quietly either lying on the playgym or on her cot. i read somewhere that its a part of their development stage? she doesnt cry or whimper when she does it though so we just let her lick but will wipe her hands occasionally.

Anyone bring your LO to baby spa?? My girl really like to bath and will cry once pull her out from water. I'm thinking to bring her to baby spa so she can have a longer play time in water hahaha.

I tink babyspa is a little pricey, see how your girl reacts to the session before signing up e package. I brought my #1 there, she seemed ok during first session but subsequently cry like mad :/ in e end i think we didnt finish e package, waste money.

Now will rather wait for a few mths then bring bb to the actual pool.

Selamat Hari Raya Adilfitri to all the Muslim Mummies!

@furbee, how do you play mj with baby in tow?!? He never fuss??? No need to stop and feed?

@highness, can pump milk already?
Ya @highness how ur (.)(.) able to pump liao....?
@szechtay @furbee , yeah, can pump Liao. I think is the membrane of the back flow system not working well. I can hear the airy sound but when I take out the membrane, is intact and no tear. It happened again today, with the sound and not sucking out the milk. Lucky I got spare parts. lll

Oh. It happens to me sometimes. What I do is that I'll unscrew the funnel set from the bottle and lightly scrape the membrane against the bottle opening while leaving the pump going and against my boobs. And it'll 'catch' and work ok again.

@furbee, your husband so nice ah. Will sit there and wait for you to mj till wee hours?!? My hubby sure face black black. Haha.

And thanks for all the advice on the nuk teats. I didn't know there's sizing for the teat hole! Finally solved the slow drinking. My poor lo. She must be wondering what this stupid mummy doing. Haha.. she's back to clearing the bottle in 10 min! Thanks alot guys!!

mummies quick question: my LO is 8 weeks old and i finally took off her mittens for good at week 7. shes been licking/sucking her fingers (finger licking good i guess) but shes not hungry cos she does it after her feed and will do it quietly either lying on the playgym or on her cot. i read somewhere that its a part of their development stage? she doesnt cry or whimper when she does it though so we just let her lick but will wipe her hands occasionally.

My lo sucking got 2 types leh, one is finger sucking means hes playing. 2nd is suck fist & got sound means he hungry. Cos motn he nv cry for milk, he jus suck the fist loudly to make me wake up!

Ya gd to kip her hands clean, but i sometimes pull out dun let lo suck too long, cos the skin will tear..
U jus observe her pattern, n enjoy!!

@furbee, your husband so nice ah. Will sit there and wait for you to mj till wee hours?!? My hubby sure face black black. Haha.

Ya he will play his ipad, sometimes i let him play den he tk over look after d kids...provided he no work next day. This i honestly say im lucky. Lol.

@highness u use wat pump? I feel medela always gt this toopid problem!! Sometime nv dry properly aso cannot pump....

Frozen ebm stored in two-door refrigerator can last 3-6 months. However, if we have thawed it in the fridge, best to consume within 24 hours and make sure u dont refreeze it as bacteria will breed..
If all my bm stock is 3 days old at most, do I need to freeze it or can put all of them in the normal fridge? Currently I store them in the feeding bottles.. Wonder which one is better practise.

If all my bm stock is 3 days old at most, do I need to freeze it or can put all of them in the normal fridge? Currently I store them in the feeding bottles.. Wonder which one is better practise.
They mention that frozen ebm have metallic taste, less nutrients after thawing. You may wan to let your LO try before freezing more. Else i tink ebm kept in the fridge for 3 days better.

They mention that frozen ebm have metallic taste, less nutrients after thawing. You may wan to let your LO try before freezing more. Else i tink ebm kept in the fridge for 3 days better.
My LO drinks any kind of milk so far.. Those frozen or fresh or formula.. Just wondering if keep 3 days in the fridge, whether it is fine. My fridge is not dedicated for bm, but also mixed with our normal groceries... Same goes to freezer but we keep less things in freezer..

Mummies, For ridwind...how much & frequency a day are you giving? My boy is 5.2kg now, and I'm giving 0.5ml twice a day, not sure if ok
The PD I went to recommended 2.5ml for three times a day not exceeding six times. I only gave him max three times a day usually from evening onwards and decrease to only when I feel necessary. I didn't wanna rely too much on it n prefers to pat n burp him more after feeds.

Few years ago, I accompanied my friend to baby spa. I felt it's overpriced and over rated.

Personally I will just bring bb to pool when she's few months old. My ML also said their bb massage is not really good. She did 1 session of bb massage for my LO. Now I do whole body massage for her everyday after her bath. Usually she will fall asleep after that.

She has a lot of wind inside her so at night before she sleep, I will massage her tummy only while my hubby will try and feed her a bit of gripe water. Tried for 4 days and she managed to sleep better.

Hi @happy08, you were saying that your massage lady did massage for your baby?
Can pm me the contact? Thanks in advance!

My maid said her son had massage back in Indonesia and so he slept very well as a baby. She asked if we can get massage for my girl so that she can sleep better.

Any mummies went to blk 5008 ang mo kio Avenue 5 for their warehouse sale? Worth going? They have an upcoming gss warehouse sale fr 24-26 Jul.

Any mummies went to blk 5008 ang mo kio Avenue 5 for their warehouse sale? Worth going? They have an upcoming gss warehouse sale fr 24-26 Jul.

I heard that their goods may not be authentic (so poorer quality) & service also not good. Not sure how true. Just be more alert if you really go there to buy sth.

My lo sucking got 2 types leh, one is finger sucking means hes playing. 2nd is suck fist & got sound means he hungry. Cos motn he nv cry for milk, he jus suck the fist loudly to make me wake up!

Ya gd to kip her hands clean, but i sometimes pull out dun let lo suck too long, cos the skin will tear..
U jus observe her pattern, n enjoy!!

Ya he will play his ipad, sometimes i let him play den he tk over look after d kids...provided he no work next day. This i honestly say im lucky. Lol.

@highness u use wat pump? I feel medela always gt this toopid problem!! Sometime nv dry properly aso cannot pump....
@furbee , I using spectra lo. I was wondering where the air sound come from.
Wah.. This long wkend a lot programs. Pumping timing super irregular, keep dragging. My production sure drop. Haiz..

I bought from them before. The product seemed ok and authentic but I felt the customer service didn't seem good. Anyway I won't buy from them again.

Anyway u can try. There are also ppl who have gd experience with them, and their prices are really not bad.

I bought before too. The prices were quite good. But i went there earli and they were not ready for the fair. So it was not organised.

My LO drinks any kind of milk so far.. Those frozen or fresh or formula.. Just wondering if keep 3 days in the fridge, whether it is fine. My fridge is not dedicated for bm, but also mixed with our normal groceries... Same goes to freezer but we keep less things in freezer..
Kkh say up to 2 days. But many websites allow up to 5 days. So it depends on your comfort level. I tink should be ok.. hee

Keeping at the rear of the fridge can put 5-8days, but if u know wont finish by 5days jus freeze a few packs so can last longer den u use the fbm instead of ebm lor since ur freezer gt more space.if ur fbm use within 2wks, the taste n smell wont b strong... Maybe can use air tight container to kip the fbm..

@highness me too! Normally pump 4x now only can squeeze 3x! So slpy cant wake up fr midnight pump loh.

Mummies, i think my lo is lactose intolerant leh..
Anyone who knows how to help me??
I take dairy DAILY! I love fresh milk, once a day coffee, pastries everyday!
My lo 11wks poo at least 7-9 x a day, almost every feed SURE Poop....
Is elimating dairy the best way?? -i cant survive without my pastries-

Finally brought LO to PD to have the belly button checked out and got some antiseptic wash and cream to clean it out.

My LO is 7 weeks old. Drinking 90ml 3 hourly since 3 weeks old and recently can't seem to finish it. PD says perhaps is teats need to move up to next stage alrdy. Wonder how much are your LO ones drinking at week 7?

Keeping at the rear of the fridge can put 5-8days, but if u know wont finish by 5days jus freeze a few packs so can last longer den u use the fbm instead of ebm lor since ur freezer gt more space.if ur fbm use within 2wks, the taste n smell wont b strong... Maybe can use air tight container to kip the fbm..

@highness me too! Normally pump 4x now only can squeeze 3x! So slpy cant wake up fr midnight pump loh.

In that case, when should we start storing frozen ebm to prepare for going back to work?

Finally brought LO to PD to have the belly button checked out and got some antiseptic wash and cream to clean it out.

My LO is 7 weeks old. Drinking 90ml 3 hourly since 3 weeks old and recently can't seem to finish it. PD says perhaps is teats need to move up to next stage alrdy. Wonder how much are your LO ones drinking at week 7?
Mine also 7 wk... Volume ranges from 90-150ml... But she will drag the time in btw to more than 3h if she drinks more.
My problem is the opposite though. She drinks too much...
Maybe u try the next stage of teats and see how.

But if ur LO is lactose intolerant he won't be able to take ur breastmilk even if u cut down dairy as breastmilk naturally has lactose.
My cousin said bf babies will poo few times a day so mb that is normal?

Why you feel ur LO is lactose intolerant out of the sudden? The poop too watery? Thought you have been taking dairy all these while?

Me now oni pumping 2nd pump of the day. Jialat~
At least u still got DL. Think I die die need to sacrifice my Zz for a midnight pump. Zzz.. ..

My lo intake at 7wk also ard 100-150ml if i give bottle..
But as long growing healthily can liao..

Why you feel ur LO is lactose intolerant out of the sudden? The poop too watery? Thought you have been taking dairy all these while?

Ya been taking dairy n all the while his poo is like wen he was 2wk old, still yellow n watery or mustard seedy..
Den i read the forum some mentioned might signs of lactose intolerance but i didnt monitor ...

But if ur LO is lactose intolerant he won't be able to take ur breastmilk even if u cut down dairy as breastmilk naturally has lactose.
My cousin said bf babies will poo few times a day so mb that is normal?

Ya i also check alot ppl say 3-4 x is normal, my boi is 8x + n sometimes more if include his fart with slight watery stools.

Me now oni pumping 2nd pump of the day. Jialat~
At least u still got DL. Think I die die need to sacrifice my Zz for a midnight pump. Zzz.. ..

I Havent do my 2nd pump yet, haha. U exclusive pumping meh? Or only nite DL?

my LO is 7 + weeks old and shes drinking 120ml every 3 to 4 hours. sometimes she only manages to finish 100ml. i bought new teats for her last week so maybe its good to try the next stage teats..sometimes the flow may be too fast for her so do burp your LO halfway...

My lo intake at 7wk also ard 100-150ml if i give bottle..
But as long growing healthily can liao..

Ya been taking dairy n all the while his poo is like wen he was 2wk old, still yellow n watery or mustard seedy..
Den i read the forum some mentioned might signs of lactose intolerance but i didnt monitor ...

Ya i also check alot ppl say 3-4 x is normal, my boi is 8x + n sometimes more if include his fart with slight watery stools.

I Havent do my 2nd pump yet, haha. U exclusive pumping meh? Or only nite DL?
@furbee , ya, exclusive pumping for some time le. Faster than latch, haha...

Thanks all! Yes, now trying to burp her halfway thru and then continue to feed coz she recently cannot finish 90ml, only takes 70-80ml. Maybe it's really the teat? Drink so little....initially increase in milk was fast and furious then stuck at 90ml for past 1 month alrdy.

She was born 3.7kg but increase in weight is slow, only 4.8kg now at 7 weeks. Length has increased to 58cm now so at least I'm not so worried coz got grow in some way...I hope! Lol

Mine oso 7wks+. Drinks 100ml every 2-3hrly, may even need to up amt cos after every feed he still dun look satisfied. 1 day total 10 feedings. Like alot hor. But sometimes at nite he can drag till 4hrs then drink. Hope this is a sign of him sleeping thru e nite!

Back