(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

My turn at kkh... Need to admit bb as fever 38.2 & below 3mth old. Sigh. So crowded.... No single rm either arrrggghh! Wonder hw to bf or pump with 4 other parents ard. :confused:

Hope all is well with u and baby! U gotta take care as well!

Xoxo

Nobody will understand the journey of breastfeeding except mummies. Hubby, mother and mil will only ask to give formula milk when they see baby still crying after breastfeed. They sounded so simple yet the emo n ups n downs nobody seem to understand. Haiz...

I sooo understand what you mean. During the first two week of my breastfeeding journey, I cried almost every time I need to latch the baby. Husband kept on saying to give FM and my milk won't be enough. Till one night I just cannot tahan that I just shouted at him saying he is the only person I need to be on my side and to support me and not being negative towards breastfeeding. Only then he saw my determination to TBF, and he stopped suggesting FM.

Nobody will understand the journey of breastfeeding except mummies. Hubby, mother and mil will only ask to give formula milk when they see baby still crying after breastfeed. They sounded so simple yet the emo n ups n downs nobody seem to understand. Haiz...

Tell me abt it. E hubby keep asking why im so grumpy. You would if you had to wake up twice in e middle of e nite to pump, had blocked ducts, sore nipples, and your stitches feel painful again cos sat down too much to pump/latch. Goodness, e thought of doing another pump session later just makes me feel so sianz. Sorry to say this, but bfeeding is really sucky.

On top of this my patience with #1 is wearing thin, just dont feel like dealing with all e nonsense and whining she's throwing at us.

Arghhh hope im jus hving a bad day. So so tired…

Thx mummies, din know bb below 3mths have so mani test to do..... Need to poke needles later. Earliest discharge tue @.@""" faintz!!

try not to let it affect you..my baby was recovering from jaundice and out of 8 feeds daily 4 were formula since i couldnt keep up with her demand. she was cleared of jaundice this morning with good weight gained and since 3am yesterday out of 8 feeds now 1 is formula. got my mom a bfeeding book to read so she can understand better.. and now she's very supportive. usually they dont want us to tire and stress ourselves out, so think positive ok?:)

I only faced tis prob during 1st child. Once hub, mom, n mil 'understands' den they will jus bo chap lor. Its quite some time for them to see the rationale behind all the trouble we mummies have to go thru (pain from suckle, sores, blocks,etc), time waste to warm milk, den once they understand they will say "aiyo, every single drop dont waste, if throw milk they say alamak next feed give less, expired ebm can soak feet...more n more"
As time passes, they will accept & understands de. :) jiayou.

Now having #3, wen in law come i can stuck in room to latch n pump for 2hr they wont ask where is baby! Lol.

Thx mummies, din know bb below 3mths have so mani test to do..... Need to poke needles later. Earliest discharge tue @.@""" faintz!!

Do they know what causes the fever? That day my boy flu only pd already suggested mucus test n draw blood from the hand. So heart pain to see that. Hope ur bb will recover soon n meanwhile take good care of urself.

@nazriah, @cynn04, @whimsicalfix85, thank you for the kind words n support. Only mummies know the feelings. I understand that they mean well too as they don't want us to stress over breastfeeding and baby to be in hunger. The nature of mother n the emo part only we can understand. Keep it up!

Someone mentioned this somewhere and I found it extremely useful.

Fill a small milk bottle with cover (not teats) with warm water and use it to massage the beast before/while pumping. I use it like a rolling pin and it works! Less messy compared to hot towel and splashing water every where.
Hey how do u roll over the bottle? From outer towards nipple issit? I got block duct too.. cleared after massage by massage lady but always come back.. :(

@furbee.. I forced my hubby to suckle.. but he say no have. Dunno is he dunno how to suckle or wat

Omg u so cute ask ur hubby to suckle.. i thot i m the only insane one asking my hubby to finish ebm if bb couldnt finish. Once we warmed up ebm and bb went to sleep. Mept in the fridge, next day warm up but again bb fell asleep after crying asking for milk. Ended up I asked hubby to finish! Luckily it was only 30ml haha..

Next I intend to ask my hubby to suckle also as my left breast always produce lesser than right one, as less as 50% of right breast. My bb keep rejecting to latch left breast due to short nipple :( am i really insane? Haha!

Next.. anyone is using avent warmer this type? Mine the light indicator nv blinking at all so I dunno when the milk is ready. Anyone knows if its normal?

http://www.philips.com.sg/c-p/SCF356_00/avent-nutrient-preserving-bottle-warmer

I'm at kkh too. Still am. The first night there wasn't a single room as well. I used a breastfeeding shawl and closed the curtains. And I sat facing the wall. Lol. Hope your baby's ok.

Hope ur bb is recovering well! Its so disheartening to see them fall sick.. my bb had tummyache on friday night and cranky the whole night i also felt super heart pain..

I
Hey how do u roll over the bottle? From outer towards nipple issit? I got block duct too.. cleared after massage by massage lady but always come back.. :(
I had some blocked ducts yesterday and I tried the following
A) use the back end of electric toothbrush and slowly massage from blocked duct towards areola. The vibration helps stimulate and softens the lump
B) before feeding go take a hot shower. If not use a washcloth and soak in warm water to massage before feeding
C) get baby to latch,may need to massage the lumps when baby suckles

I tried these 3 in tandem and this morning I feel much better. The blocked ducts feels smaller.

Jiayou all mummies who are in the breastfeeding journey! It's tough and definitely tiring to be pumping/latching while recovering. And then deal with blocked ducts.

I think the bf journey will end here for me. Pumping drops after drops 3hourly is no fun and disappointing. It's obvious I'm one of those whose milk ain't gonna come after 10 days post partum. there is no milk engorgement as well. Ive tried domperidone, mother's milk tea, eating oatmeal, drinking 2litres fluid. I do feel a little lousy about myself why can't I have the chance to bf, why does milk not come in for me even though I have a c sec and a lot of people had c sec and lotsa milk came in quickly within few days without issues. Almost like my body did not register the delivery, hormones did not get to work and no milk was produced.

I've accepted the fact this isn't working for me despite trying to pump the drops and decided the time could be spent learning from CL how to take care of baby and spend time with baby instead. Just disappointed that nature's plan panned out this way and I didn't have the chance to go thru the "milk come in stage" and experience let-down coz I had intended to breastfeed my precious firstborn since I got pregnant. Sigh I'm sure mummies will understand the regret I am describing here.

Jiayou all mummies who are in the breastfeeding journey! It's tough and definitely tiring to be pumping/latching while recovering. And then deal with blocked ducts.

I think the bf journey will end here for me. Pumping drops after drops 3hourly is no fun and disappointing. It's obvious I'm one of those whose milk ain't gonna come after 10 days post partum. there is no milk engorgement as well. Ive tried domperidone, mother's milk tea, eating oatmeal, drinking 2litres fluid. I do feel a little lousy about myself why can't I have the chance to bf, why does milk not come in for me even though I have a c sec and a lot of people had c sec and lotsa milk came in quickly within few days without issues. Almost like my body did not register the delivery, hormones did not get to work and no milk was produced.

I've accepted the fact this isn't working for me despite trying to pump the drops and decided the time could be spent learning from CL how to take care of baby and spend time with baby instead. Just disappointed that nature's plan panned out this way and I didn't have the chance to go thru the "milk come in stage" and experience let-down coz I had intended to breastfeed my precious firstborn since I got pregnant. Sigh I'm sure mummies will understand the regret I am describing here.
hi @happycsk , dont feel bad and beat yourself up on this. you are an amazing mom and the bond between u and yr baby will be much stronger than you expect. there will be advocates on bfeeding and some may not, but as long as you have made the decision be happy about it. baby will grow up just fine too!:) good to spend time to learn how to take care of baby like cuddling swaddling bathing etc so u can spend more quality time with baby. get hubby involved too! cos sometimes they may feel neglected that everything's centred around baby. though we may not know each other but im really glad to have known this forum so that all of us can support each time and provide a listening ear! if u want to give bfeeding one last try, u want to try finding a lactation consultant to find out the root cause? :)

Omg u so cute ask ur hubby to suckle.. i thot i m the only insane one asking my hubby to finish ebm if bb couldnt finish. Once we warmed up ebm and bb went to sleep. Mept in the fridge, next day warm up but again bb fell asleep after crying asking for milk. Ended up I asked hubby to finish! Luckily it was only 30ml haha..

Next I intend to ask my hubby to suckle also as my left breast always produce lesser than right one, as less as 50% of right breast. My bb keep rejecting to latch left breast due to short nipple :( am i really insane? Haha!

Next.. anyone is using avent warmer this type? Mine the light indicator nv blinking at all so I dunno when the milk is ready. Anyone knows if its normal?

I got same problem... One nipple v short so baby rejects. End up I only bf from the good side and the non-bf side produces less milk during pumping. Think baby's latch qt impt for stimulation.

@happycsk its really ok, dun feel bad abt ur decision. Fm fed babies grow up well too, just like us last time! As long as u tried, its ok de. Concentrate on taking care of ur bb :)

I also dunno how long i can carry on, despite hving some milk. E times spent pumping can be spent on my #1, whom I feel im really neglecting. Nowadays i jus feel like she's annoying me, but dats cos im tired. Sighs dunno wat to do.

Mommies with 2 kids or more, how do u manage both ah? I feel so guilty sometimes, n this is when my CL is here! Imagine her not ard, faintz.

I neglect my 2 kids too, but luckily now both in full day cc.. My dad sayang #2 alot, so is like she gt enuff attn wo me. #1 will try to irritate others for attn n start being cranky despite being 4yo!
After confinement i try bringing 1 of them out each time, cos cant carry any of them (need wait after 2 mth wen uterus back in shape). I aso try find time to bathe n feed them their food so can at same time 'play' while they eat. Mostly i aso with LO latch, pump, co-sleep.
Not easy to manage kids, but im lucky a BIG FAMILY is under one roof :)

@happycsk , dont think back on WHY u cant bf, treat it s a past, nth is worth remembering. Like u say, spend time with bb, the quality time u see bb grow, the bonding u have, n how u nurture ur LO... Bf is jus a by process, anytime all mummies will eventually stop :) at least everyone tried their best.
Look forward... 3 cheers for u. N those who didnt manage, u all did wonderful job (delivery process,pre&post natal, the time bb in ur tummy swimming ard) in bringing ur bundle of joy to meet d world, n tts all it matters now.

Can understand ur regret, but formula feeding is also very rewarding. I formula feed most of the time, and enjoy the look on baby's face everytime she is satisfied. There are many other things to enjoy on this journey, like cuddling ur baby, singing to baby, putting baby to sleep. Jia you mummy! U are doing ur best for baby.

Wow this forum it's run too fast hehe.
Well motherhood it's really very challenging especially for 1st time mom. Don't feel bad for mommy that can't give bf to your LO the most important thing is baby grow healthy even with fm.

Thank you mummies for the encouragement!! This journey of pregnancy and delivering baby for first time mummy like me has been overwhelming and there were a lot of unpredictables along the way which didn't go as planned (like my bad morning sickness and emer c sec)

Glad there is this thread and all of you. :)

Jiayou everyone!

Hey, I am using this warmer. Yes,I always wait for the light indicator to blink but in vain. So I just wait for 3-5 mins & then take out the bottle and test the temperature of milk myself.

I understand! I failed to tbf my firstborn too. She had 1% bm, 99% fm. Whereas her 2 younger siblings were on bm. I kind of regret now that I didn't persist in giving her bm. Didn't have a lot of knowledge on breastfeeding then compared to now. Didn't see lactation consultant too. Why don't you try a massage lady or see lc again? Then decide again whether to stop bf?

In any case,don't despair. Next time you have #2, try to bf again. One time no bm doesn't mean forever no bm.

All the best!

Hey, I am using this warmer. Yes,I always wait for the light indicator to blink but in vain. So I just wait for 3-5 mins & then take out the bottle and test the temperature of milk myself.

U mean the light is full round first and once done it will blink? I read manual it seems its going up from 1/2 circle to full circle when its ready to consume. But mine is full circle all the time. Thinking to exchange with philips..

U mean the light is full round first and once done it will blink? I read manual it seems its going up from 1/2 circle to full circle when its ready to consume. But mine is full circle all the time. Thinking to exchange with philips..

No,I mean mine is full circle all the time too. I heck care liao. Just take the bottle out after 3-5mins on my own. Never look at indicator.

Yday I tried to latch as much as possible and didn't pump out the balance. By night time, I'm engorged. So painful. Had to use hot towel compress and massage. Also woke hubby to massage. So tired that I dragged to 3hrs from 2.5hrs to pump last night. This make it worse. This morning got bb to latch and finally it's slightly better. Breastfeeding is really tough and tiring. Jia you all mummies.

Mummies who are giving up bf.... Don't feel bad. We all grew up well with fm. It's encouraged to give bb but it's not the only milk source for bb. Most impt is we rest well for the longer journey ahead.

I got same problem... One nipple v short so baby rejects. End up I only bf from the good side and the non-bf side produces less milk during pumping. Think baby's latch qt impt for stimulation.
O, I'm the opposite wor. Bb only latch on 1 side which produce lesser milk all along. The side with more production, she simply reject to latch. :confused:

I neglect my 2 kids too, but luckily now both in full day cc.. My dad sayang #2 alot, so is like she gt enuff attn wo me. #1 will try to irritate others for attn n start being cranky despite being 4yo!
After confinement i try bringing 1 of them out each time, cos cant carry any of them (need wait after 2 mth wen uterus back in shape). I aso try find time to bathe n feed them their food so can at same time 'play' while they eat. Mostly i aso with LO latch, pump, co-sleep.
Not easy to manage kids, but im lucky a BIG FAMILY is under one roof :)

@happycsk , dont think back on WHY u cant bf, treat it s a past, nth is worth remembering. Like u say, spend time with bb, the quality time u see bb grow, the bonding u have, n how u nurture ur LO... Bf is jus a by process, anytime all mummies will eventually stop :) at least everyone tried their best.
Look forward... 3 cheers for u. N those who didnt manage, u all did wonderful job (delivery process,pre&post natal, the time bb in ur tummy swimming ard) in bringing ur bundle of joy to meet d world, n tts all it matters now.
My 7yo oso keep irritate others for attention lo! And he keep saying nobody love him anymore. Faintz! I keep giving him lots of assurance, he is still lidat. We juz had a big party for bb full mth ytd. All along we Nvr do party for his bday, seems like this year Muz do one to make him feel balance. :confused:

@highness my big one aso say no one loves her. Faints, duno where they learn such sentence. Lol.
Actually ur bb latch tat side is not less milk, is drink n drink till no time to refill...so seems lesser ?? Haha.

@happy08 bb currently diagnose with meningitis, but need wait for the exact result tmr before they can continue or change the medication lor.

Thanks @Skivewalker , yes hope nth serious, as the drip n medications are coming in non stop. :eek:

@highness @furbee my girl just ignores simple instructions. Will give me tsk tsk sound and roll eyes. N really got alot of small actions. Put didi down after coaxing him to sleep, e next min she dragged out her drum set and started drumming right outside his room. Sighs.

I fell sick at an untimely period. I couldnt visit babygirl in the hosp as i dont wan to pass any stomach flu to her. The toughest thing is to recuperate in the bed with fever, bodyaches and stomachache while having to wake up to pump as engorement will make matters worse. Cheers to all mummies out there who are hanging on! And to all mummies plagued by bf-ing woes, remember, the best gift u can give to ur children is just being their mum and be by their side when they need u :)

Praying everything will go well with my poor babygirl. Seeing her with tubes on her tiny body really breaks my heart..

So many 2nd time mummies facing issues with #1.. mine too. My 6yo keeps disturbing the meimei when she sleeps.. and I also get easily irritated with her.. I feel guilty abt it too but really can't control myself when it happens.. sometimes I say hurtful things to her.. haiz.. guess I must really control myself..
Saw the thread moving fast and read abt the problems some mummies are facing.. just wanna say jiayou to all mummies.. All of us are stronger than all the things we are now facing! We will all surely overcome and emerge even stronger! Gambatte!! Cheers! :)

@highness @furbee my girl just ignores simple instructions. Will give me tsk tsk sound and roll eyes. N really got alot of small actions. Put didi down after coaxing him to sleep, e next min she dragged out her drum set and started drumming right outside his room. Sighs.
O my! Signals of jealousy..
I keep telling my elder one when he is bb mummy oso lidat sayang him and he is still mummy's darling. Even my cousin who came for the bb shower oso say my son dun like the bb sister. Faintz..

@highness my big one aso say no one loves her. Faints, duno where they learn such sentence. Lol.
Actually ur bb latch tat side is not less milk, is drink n drink till no time to refill...so seems lesser ?? Haha.

@happy08 bb currently diagnose with meningitis, but need wait for the exact result tmr before they can continue or change the medication lor.

Thanks @Skivewalker , yes hope nth serious, as the drip n medications are coming in non stop. :eek:
Hope ur baby can recover soon!

Where to pierce bb ears? My mom keep nagging me to do it early. I am still on confinement now but was asked to do it before bb turns to 1 mth old.

My turn at kkh... Need to admit bb as fever 38.2 & below 3mth old. Sigh. So crowded.... No single rm either arrrggghh! Wonder hw to bf or pump with 4 other parents ard. :confused:
Furbee, my son was admitted earlier for fever too. They gave him priority cos he's still an infant. We wanted to get a single room but it was full as well. The girl at the admission counter was v helpful n suggested that I put him in nursery as it is limited to only 6-8 babies and there are 24/7 nurses in there. Esp important as they need to take his temp on hourly basis plus he won't be exposed to other kids having other illness. But only downside we cannot room in so we have to run a few trips to hospital n pass them my ebm. The nurses at the nursery was excellent. They give really good care to the babies n v patient with parents however visiting is onyl limited to parents and one at a time. There's a nursing room with breast pump next door. So u can express and give to your baby immediately.
My bb was discharged aft 4 days and he's now home resting. No major concern thank god. Only viral infection. Fever subsided. Hope ur baby is fine and speedy recovery! Don't be stress make sure u take care of yourself and rest assured ur bb is in good hands of the nurses there.

Your baby will not love u less becos u can't bf him/her so don't beat yourself up. Take this time to bond with your baby and enjoy the time together. Have lots of skin to skin contact and enjoy your motherhood.

Thank you mummies for the encouragement!! This journey of pregnancy and delivering baby for first time mummy like me has been overwhelming and there were a lot of unpredictables along the way which didn't go as planned (like my bad morning sickness and emer c sec)

Glad there is this thread and all of you. :)

Jiayou everyone!
I'm also first time mummy like u. Don't be too hard on urself. Let's just enjoy the journey. Remember kids grow up so fast!

@momocrv , later i check with the doctor! If there is availability wld b the best case... Cos i wont need to stay n tire for the next 5 days. Baby down with meningtis, but awaiting further results tmr...

Thanks all mummies.. Hoping bb will do fine n let me rest too.....

@isenggirl , can check out at neptune clinic at clementi (malay female dr) i did for #1 , #2 i did at Bedazzled store, VERY PRICEY ...

Back