(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

also not recommended to put cereal to the milk
Huh? Really? But the preparation method is to add cereal mix / brown rice mix with milk and add water to the consistency we want leii.. isnt it the same as add cereal to milk? I always add an extra 10ml of water i i were to add in cereal/rice powder.

Huh? Really? But the preparation method is to add cereal mix / brown rice mix with milk and add water to the consistency we want leii.. isnt it the same as add cereal to milk? I always add an extra 10ml of water i i were to add in cereal/rice powder.
not recommended to add cereal to milk cos it's a choking hazard and it can clog the bottle teat

Top is brown rice si shen fen. Below is nan ha. Im using no.2 teat for avent bottle.

Attachments

• 1434436930689.jpg
    1434436930689.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 221
Ohh.. those is use is powder form.. it's even finer than milk powder.. haha nvr clog the teats before..
My bb using m.size teat if I put cereal it clogs the teat.

I am waiting for him to upgrade till l size teat before I consider adding cereal.

i am feeding my gal no 3 from monday to friday and on weekend it is no 1 ...
weight gain or lose no idea never really measure and she seem to enjoy both

i have yet to resort to adding cereal to milk cos currently she sleep from 9+ to 5+ so good enuff for me
I am still waiting for the day I no need to wake up for night feeds..

I am waking up on average of 2-3timws per night now.

N these 2 days my bb will decide to wake up at 5.30-6am and shout/scream er er!!! Give him pacifier he will shout even louder... he is clever. He knows he shout he will disturb his siblings n I will faster make milk to make him quiet .... n by the time I settle him either I can't sleep or I will over sleep

JTS:
Had been trying different brands of brown rice powder for my boy. I add 1/2 to 1 milk scoop of powder into his milk on his last feed.

1) Healthytimes - brown rice cereal for baby (instant)
2) Moon rabbit brand - brown rice powder with si shen fen (instant)
3) eu yan seng - brown rice powder with si shen fen (四神粉)

Fed no.1 first..then realise bb's weight reduces instead. (-100g a week) After adding in for his night feed, the duration between all his feeds (4-5hrs 120ml). So i presume it was due to that. And when I stop adding, his feed went back to 3hrs 120-150ml. X Stopped X

No.2. Still feeding now. Baby could last 4-6hrs for next immediate feed. The rest of the day as per normal. Bb grew 200g in a week. i heard many reviews about baby taking si shen fen which is commonly say to be good. see link below.(in chinese)⬇

http://www.vegtrends.com/vegetarian-ingredients/item/525-四神粉-四神粉來源,四神粉成份及四神粉營養價值,四神粉功效.html

Have yet to try no.3 on baby.. but i tasted it and find it less sweet compared to the other two. No. 1 is te sweetest among the three, followed by no. 2. So will be switching over to no.3 soon. Was told that for the first year, bb's food should be bland so that they are less choosy. Idk. My boy is alrdy picking on milk.

Ps: Baby used to sttn from 11pm-6am at 2mo but i backside itchy scared he was hungry and began dream feeding him around 2-3am. And after a week he woke up at 2am+ for milk then fall asleep till 6am. Backside really v itchy :( So now he with the powder mixed into his milk, 2am last feed wakes up at 7am.

Thanks for sharing! I was just at supermart that day looking at the cereal, but I was looking at the normal nestle and friso for 6 mths baby kind- anybody try these 2 before? Which is good?
Today I am on leave.. Think my lo also holiday mood, he slept from 11-730...

Thanks for sharing! I was just at supermart that day looking at the cereal, but I was looking at the normal nestle and friso for 6 mths baby kind- anybody try these 2 before? Which is good?
I personally do not like the Friso and Cerelac cereals because of the added sugar (Cerelac: There is sucrose and there is palm olein added, cant remember for which type though). Friso also has skimmed milk as the first ingredient, and I don't really like that either. I got the Heinz rice cereal from NTUC finest that day as it was on offer and it doesn't seem to have added sugar.
I also ordered on iherb the Gerber rice cereal and the Happy Bellies brown rice cereal . I got the gerber one too because the Heinz one doesn't come in a tin... Don't really like the packaging but that is not a major thing though

Hello mummies! Long time no post, so fast we r moving to a next big milestone - solids. My colleague recommended Hipps cereal, anybody has experience with that brand? She says not sweet n her son tolerate it well without constipation. Her advice is to start out with the least sweet food, ideally veges before fruits, so that bb will not be picky n end up only wanting sweet stuff.

Ya.. after this im going to poly clinic! Whats the waiting time like in poly clinic? I heard need to book appt then go yea?

Yes need to make appt. If no need to see doc for developmental assessment, I'm usually in n out within 20 mins.

ytd midnight sent my LO to kkh cuz we found blood trickling out from his ears twice. Doc chk n say everything seems ok cuz the membrane is still intact.
This morn we found blood trickling dwn the same ear again. Hwwwww??

Oh dear this sounds v scary... Hope your bb is feeling better now! What did your PD say?

will get at least 20% discount izzt :p

just kidding ..

i am scare of invisible grille ..they dun look strong to me

I just installed invisble grille last month, ya the grille machiam like wires only, don't look strong at all. But good enough to prevent bb (n hubby) from falling out the window I huess.

I'm still pumping 6x a day nowadays, of which 3x are in the office. Sigh, it's so tiring that some days I feel like I'm gonna drop dead fr exhaustion. Cannot afford to drop any sessions cos my yield is barely enough for each feed, I give my boy 130-140ml now but he will still protest when he realised the bottle is empty. So sometimes I will try to squeeze in a 7th session.

I'm flying to US next week, I'm losing sleep over the logistics of pumping n feeding n cleaning on the 22 hr journey. This is not a holiday, to me it's more stressful than work! Lol.

I'm still pumping 6x a day nowadays, of which 3x are in the office. Sigh, it's so tiring that some days I feel like I'm gonna drop dead fr exhaustion. Cannot afford to drop any sessions cos my yield is barely enough for each feed, I give my boy 130-140ml now but he will still protest when he realised the bottle is empty. So sometimes I will try to squeeze in a 7th session.

I'm flying to US next week, I'm losing sleep over the logistics of pumping n feeding n cleaning on the 22 hr journey. This is not a holiday, to me it's more stressful than work! Lol.
long time no "see"
there are days when I feel so tired to get up early to pump in the morning. =X

long time no "see"
same.. nowadays i see my pump i quite sian.... my lo has her character, dun drink means dun drink de. sometimes also stress whenever i bring her out..

any of your lo don't drink milk after he/she wakes up in the mrg? mine will only drink milk before gg for nap and its 5-6 hrs interval from last fed

Agree with what @gammahedging said earlier, however, if you wanna try celerac, can ask PD for samples... I have quite a few packs. Let me know if you want, will be happy to mail them to you. For rice cereals, best is to go for those pure rice cereal only. Most will have added iron and Vitamin B in the ingredients list as well...

The brands which are purely rice cereal only include Hipp, Organix, Holle. These are available in Cold Storage or Mothercare or online (eg. http://www.agapebabies.com/agapebabies/formula-milk-feeding/baby-food/cereals.html). If you buy from iherb, Healthy Times, Earth's Best and Happy Bellies are also good..

Hello mummies! Long time no post, so fast we r moving to a next big milestone - solids. My colleague recommended Hipps cereal, anybody has experience with that brand? She says not sweet n her son tolerate it well without constipation. Her advice is to start out with the least sweet food, ideally veges before fruits, so that bb will not be picky n end up only wanting sweet stuff.
I am using Hipp Rice Cereal. Not bad, so far no constipation either. I am alternating this with the Eu Yan Sang Brown Rice cereal...

long time no "see"
I lost count on the number of times I fell asleep at night before my pump... but you should be fine lah, since your yield is super good. How long do you intend to pump, now that you have done ur cost benefit analysis?? My aim is 12 months, after that transition to fresh milk....

same.. nowadays i see my pump i quite sian.... my lo has her character, dun drink means dun drink de. sometimes also stress whenever i bring her out..

any of your lo don't drink milk after he/she wakes up in the mrg? mine will only drink milk before gg for nap and its 5-6 hrs interval from last fed
Mine in the morning use to drink after bathe
Nowadays doesn't drink only after nap wake up then drink.
My LO in the day nap a while only. Like 30 mins to 1hours range
Any LO out there like mine?

Agree with what @gammahedging said earlier, however, if you wanna try celerac, can ask PD for samples... I have quite a few packs. Let me know if you want, will be happy to mail them to you. For rice cereals, best is to go for those pure rice cereal only. Most will have added iron and Vitamin B in the ingredients list as well...

The brands which are purely rice cereal only include Hipp, Organix, Holle. These are available in Cold Storage or Mothercare or online (eg. http://www.agapebabies.com/agapebabies/formula-milk-feeding/baby-food/cereals.html). If you buy from iherb, Healthy Times, Earth's Best and Happy Bellies are also good..

I am using Hipp Rice Cereal. Not bad, so far no constipation either. I am alternating this with the Eu Yan Sang Brown Rice cereal...

I lost count on the number of times I fell asleep at night before my pump... but you should be fine lah, since your yield is super good. How long do you intend to pump, now that you have done ur cost benefit analysis?? My aim is 12 months, after that transition to fresh milk....
will do it for as long as I can... but I am def keen to give fresh milk aftrr 1 yr. formula is too expensive
btw for healthy times iherb doesn't ship that to sgp for some reason so I got happy bellies instead

so milk bottle sterilize, bowl and spoon don't sterilize..

i dont put bowl and spoon into sterilizer to sterilize like milk bottle ... but i will use hot water to briefly rinse it

one of my 2010 mummy said before ... if the bb is taking solid that means he/she is ready to face world of germs ...
we can or maybe able to sterilize bowl spoon or bottle but are we going to sterilize the pots and pan that are used to cook their food lolz
those parent that do their own puree ... do they sterilize their blender .. their container etc ... no right :p

i dont put bowl and spoon into sterilizer to sterilize like milk bottle ... but i will use hot water to briefly rinse it

one of my 2010 mummy said before ... if the bb is taking solid that means he/she is ready to face world of germs ...
we can or maybe able to sterilize bowl spoon or bottle but are we going to sterilize the pots and pan that are used to cook their food lolz
those parent that do their own puree ... do they sterilize their blender .. their container etc ... no right :p

It's true... I also wanna expose my kids to some germs, cannot everything be too clean. My MIL says she very "niao sai" everything must be very clean and must double sterilise... but like that they will never build immunity to the outside world and can potentially fall sick more easily.

ahhh I get it !

Hello mummies, long time no log in too! Finally dropped my pump fro from 7x to 6x...can breathe better!!!

I very lazy with this bb leh... Tho i bought the HB cereal before she's born.. I ve yet to find time to let her try... Only occasionally tease her with apple, pear bits... Her tongue reflex still there so i reckon She not ready!

Hi there, I am a healthy mummy who just delivered my girl Jan 2015.. I dont smoke and drink. neither do i take coffee. I am donating my frozen breastmilk. My daily supplement are fish oil for DHA, multi vits. If there is anyone who's keen on getting, pls wa or text me at 90258843. Have a blessed day everyone!

Back