(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Tried looking for the moon rabbit brand cereal but can't find - which section of ntuc is it in?...
ImageUploadedByForum1434798596.876366.jpg

Saw this at ntuc finest yesterday

I just threw away 230ml of my milk bcos the pump parts not sterilized :( my mil help me to wash and sterilize the parts but she forgot to on the electricity, so when I come back I took directly from the sterilizer to use...

Tried looking for the moon rabbit brand cereal but can't find - which section of ntuc is it in?...

I saw it at the baby section of AMK Hub NTUC where all the different brands of cereals are sold, Moon Rabbit brand cereal is at the most bottom shelf and besides plain cereal there's also one that has ikan bilis with it too, there's box packaging and tin packaging.

Initially I wanted to wait until 6 months to feed baby solids, but my girl can sit up quite well with support and look very interested, so I tried feeding her mashed avocado with some breast milk and so happy to see that she can finish a spoonful for 3 consecutive days :D So today I finally took out the Avent steamer and blender I bought last year and probably going to try apple, pumpkin, carrot over the next few weeks :X

Hey mummies.. did anyone bought fm from jb? My advise to you is please don't buy from jb.

My mil went to buy cuz it is cheap (exchange rate 2.7 now, shld go buy diapers) And I was surprised that the quality between sg and msia can be so big..

I have been using sg nan pro for about 8 tins. Decided to drop ha since bb isnt allergic to lactose. But before trying this msia nan pro, Bb was on nan ha. My fil bought Nan HA when i asked him to get pro.

When I started the msia nan pro 1 two days ago, i noticed that it foams up easily when u shake and when baby drinks. It's more like milk froth then milk.. since i didnt have time to go buy a new tin, and doesnt wanna waste money, so i decide to let bb try.. thinking maybe it is alright.. Cuz when u shake fresh milk also liddat.. normal i guess..

After 3 days of drinking that msia nan pro, i regretted.

The first day seems alright, pooped once, and burped. My bb dont really burp anymore.. but he did after drinking that. Nth out of the ordinary.

The second day, yesterday. Not only that bb laosia 4 times ytd plus just now 5 (yellowish poop), he keeps farting + burped very loudly.. and feeding every 1.5-2hrs 120ml!He used to feed 4-5hrs when he is drinking the sg nan pro, and poop every other day.

And he is very awake.. taking only 30mins naps in the morning and in the car. He used to take 45min-2hrs 2 naps a day when he is at home and sleeps most of the time when he is out.

I suspect that the milk powder is very "diluted". Take note of how it look like.

Last edited:
I saw it at the baby section of AMK Hub NTUC where all the different brands of cereals are sold, Moon Rabbit brand cereal is at the most bottom shelf and besides plain cereal there's also one that has ikan bilis with it too, there's box packaging and tin packaging.

Initially I wanted to wait until 6 months to feed baby solids, but my girl can sit up quite well with support and look very interested, so I tried feeding her mashed avocado with some breast milk and so happy to see that she can finish a spoonful for 3 consecutive days :D So today I finally took out the Avent steamer and blender I bought last year and probably going to try apple, pumpkin, carrot over the next few weeks :X
How old is ur bb now?

Msia nan pro manufactured in Philippines. Sg nan pro manufactured in Netherlands.

Attachments

• 1434820696000.jpg
    1434820696000.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 145
  • 1434820728576.jpg
    1434820728576.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 141
Hey mummies.. did anyone bought fm from jb? My advise to you is please don't buy from jb.

My mil went to buy cuz it is cheap (exchange rate 2.7 now, shld go buy diapers) And I was surprised that the quality between sg and msia can be so big..

I have been using sg nan pro for about 8 tins. Decided to drop ha since bb isnt allergic to lactose. But before trying this msia nan pro, Bb was on nan ha. My fil bought Nan HA when i asked him to get pro.

When I started the msia nan pro 1 two days ago, i noticed that it foams up easily when u shake and when baby drinks. It's more like milk froth then milk.. since i didnt have time to go buy a new tin, and doesnt wanna waste money, so i decide to let bb try.. thinking maybe it is alright.. Cuz when u shake fresh milk also liddat.. normal i guess..

The first day seems alright, pooped once, and burped. My bb dont really burp anymore.. but he did after drinking that. Nth out of the ordinary.

The second day, yesterday. Not only that bb laosia 4 times ytd plus just now 5 (yellowish poop), he keeps farting + burped very loudly.. and feeding every 1.5-2hrs 120ml!He used to feed 4-5hrs when he is drinking the sg nan pro, and poop every other day.

And he is very awake.. taking only 30mins naps in the morning and in the car. He used to take 45min-2hrs 2 naps a day when he is at home and sleeps most of the time when he is out.

I suspect that the milk powder is very "diluted". Take note of how it look like.

Other than this problem.. if u compare. The nutrients is different too.

For example pediasure. .. both is manufactured in sg. But export to "singapore " n "malaysia"

I called up abbott to ask what's the difference. The reply I got was Bcoz different countries has different standards for the min requirement of milk powder. So those malaysia ones are based on malaysia standards n sg ones are based on sg standards. ..

So would u prefer to buy sg standards or malaysia standard ?? :) for me I would rather spend a few dollars more n get sg ones during baby fairs... as I trust sg more.

Anyway there was a time around 5 yrs ago nan pro 1 sold In our local ntuc was manufactured by Philippines. ... my son drank it too...its ok to be manufactured there but the nutrients is more impt... import to sg has a different standard than import to Indonesia or malaysia etc although it's from the same factory

hmm gently swirling the bottle will do when u make FM. No need to shake it

hmm gently swirling the bottle will do when u make FM. No need to shake it

I tried swirling.. the foam still appear when bb suck, and the powder is not fully dissolved. Then i tried usig warmer water 40d + swirling let it cool before givinf bb.. same thing.. foam when bb suck but powder is fully dissolved.. i give up liao..

i still got half a tin and one more pack of milk powder..I'm blessing anyone who doesnt mind.. they can have it.

Thanks for sharing...

I think I would only buy diapers from Malaysia supermarket....

If buying FM, best is to bring a sample bottle from SG and compare the nutrients + ingredients + manufacture location...

I just threw away 230ml of my milk bcos the pump parts not sterilized :( my mil help me to wash and sterilize the parts but she forgot to on the electricity, so when I come back I took directly from the sterilizer to use...
huh.. so wasted! i heard before some pple sterilize only once a week and their babies are growing well.. nx time dun throw.. use as milk bath or soak your legs.. haha

hi mummies who started your lo on solids, how many times do you give solids a day?

So far starting on 1 feed first at lunch time...

I read somewhere that actually sterilising is not really required. Drey Drey Yeo (http://yourhealth.asiaone.com/content/all-i-do-all-day-pump-and-pump) mentioned that she doesn't sterilise her bottles... But again, up to your comfort level... otherwise keep for milk bath! :)

at each time how much do you give ah? my mum will cook one spoonful of brown rice powder and she is able to finish it in two meals..

For the brown rice powder, I give 1 tbsp and serve with 1 tbsp of pureed food (carrot, avocado, apple etc). He will finish almost all in one sitting....

Actually I wanna know too... what is the recommended serving size. The instructions says 2-3 tbsp, but that's like a lot... and when do we transition to 2 or 3 meals a day?

For the brown rice powder, I give 1 tbsp and serve with 1 tbsp of pureed food (carrot, avocado, apple etc). He will finish almost all in one sitting....

Actually I wanna know too... what is the recommended serving size. The instructions says 2-3 tbsp, but that's like a lot... and when do we transition to 2 or 3 meals a day?
hmmm my mum takes her cues, if she started to spit out and not swallow den she stop.. we tried for a week and her appetite was better and better each day. I am worried that she get too full to finish milk after that..

my mum gave solids when she was 5 months. she was on milk strike earlier on and we were abit worried so we started on solids early.
My LO is currently 5m and neck support consider stable But still need support when sitting up. Can I start now too? I am wanting to introduce food puree first instead of porridge... can I?

My LO is currently 5m and neck support consider stable But still need support when sitting up. Can I start now too? I am wanting to introduce food puree first instead of porridge... can I?
I think so.. mine also still need support when sitting up.. i think as long as they can sit up straight with support can give le. ya too early to give porridge i feel.. it harder to digest and swallow..

For me I plan to start my boy on solids when we r back from our trip late July. He will be 6.5 mths then. One less variable to worry abt when we r there. He's still v happy drinking milk so I hoped that will keep him satisfied for the next one mth. He is starting to show interest in our food though, everytime we eat in front of him he stare until his eyes like marbles.

I used to sterilise my avent pump after every use. But not office using freemie and the freemie manufacturer say don't sterilise in steam or boil just wash the parts in hot water. So I don't sterilise Liao, only occasionally bring home sterilise like once every 2 weeks when i feel it is dirty.

ytd midnight sent my LO to kkh cuz we found blood trickling out from his ears twice. Doc chk n say everything seems ok cuz the membrane is still intact.
This morn we found blood trickling dwn the same ear again. Hwwwww??

Hey there, how's your baby? I hope your LO is ok alr. :)

huh.. so wasted! i heard before some pple sterilize only once a week and their babies are growing well.. nx time dun throw.. use as milk bath or soak your legs.. haha

Ya in the end I use it to soak feet! My friend reminded me about it don't waste... I still sterilize after every pump, if in office I keep in the fridge , end day bring home sterilize

Hey there, how's your baby? I hope your LO is ok alr. :)
No more bleeding anymore bt my boy's been having fever flu n cough for the past few days, dunno isit due to the bleeding tt tym.
He's been so cranky lately n haven been slping well for the past few days. Every hour waking up wanting to be cuddled, super slp deprived nwwwwwww. I feel lyk a walking dead. lol.

hmmm my mum takes her cues, if she started to spit out and not swallow den she stop.. we tried for a week and her appetite was better and better each day. I am worried that she get too full to finish milk after that..

How long ur lo takes to learn to swallow? I tried around 1 week .. so far.. 50% are direct spit out.. but he is very interested in the food juz dun know how to swallow

lo having flu n cough since sat. Nt drinking much milk for the past few days. Each feed at most finish 30ml, wet his diapers less than 3 tyms a day. Lips seems v dry, v v cranky and waking up every hr wanting to be carried. Doubt he slps well these few days too. Wad shld i do. Shld i go bk kkh again? Last wk went dwn kkh n they only gave paracetamol cuz lo less than 6 mths cant take nuch meds.
In this case shld i still go bk kkh or to just let it be?? Help help!!

lo having flu n cough since sat. Nt drinking much milk for the past few days. Each feed at most finish 30ml, wet his diapers less than 3 tyms a day. Lips seems v dry, v v cranky and waking up every hr wanting to be carried. Doubt he slps well these few days too. Wad shld i do. Shld i go bk kkh again? Last wk went dwn kkh n they only gave paracetamol cuz lo less than 6 mths cant take nuch meds.
In this case shld i still go bk kkh or to just let it be?? Help help!!

Maybe cuz his nose is blocked that why cant drink milk/water? You can try nasal aspirator to clear his nose.. and try wiping wet cotton on his lips. He could be hungry and nt feeling well so that is why he is cranky..
If u go kkh they also will give paracetamol only.. if bb not haviNg fever, dont need give med. Then go for what.

Back