(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Mummies. Do take note when bb have review on any health issue. Do note that the review out come is written clear n readable.

My bb was discharge with some health issue which isn't suppose to be an issue actually... coz I was given a clear during my pregnancy already.
If anyone remember, my detail scan was not good as bb spine cannot be seen clearly. N a rescan clear everything and it was normal . N in fact the 1st scan was already a mistake. A detail scan should be at 20 weeks. I was only 19 weeks plus at that time. Anyway I didn't pursue abt that. As long as nothing happen to bb then I close 1 eye

But at discharge after delivery. They wrote this issue into the health book. N request me to bring bb for a scan n a review with pd after scanning .

So fine. I pay $$ n did a scan on bb n review in march.

Pd says it's normal verbally. So she wrote in the health book too. But it wasn't clear coz she literally scribble.. many couldn't understand what she wrote.

N insurance rejected my purchase .

N I could have self declare my bb is alright etc. But I felt that I should get a proper black n white as this health book suppose to follow my bb for life. Spine problems not small issue. Since the scan is normal. I felt that It should be stated clearly.

So after a lots of calling on the phone. Finally agreed to yesterday another review at pd to clarify her writing. I am prepared to pay $100 to the pd for her to write clearly which in the 1st place she should have written clearly ...

But end up the moment we step into the room we was given attitude and question by pd our intention. She started to shout n we shout too.. a very big hoo ha from her. She even accuse us of doing something we didn't. Lucky my hubby sense something is wrong n he started video recording.. else 跳进黄河也洗不清 We was so angry n after quarrel we made a complaint abt herand now still waiting for the relevant person to tell us the outcome. They told us give them 2 weeks.

So do make sure every word in the health book is written clear n understandable

woah ... scary. acty I tot the insurance company will ask the pd for medical report ? u just pay for that ah
Erm nv leh... or maybe not yet. Coz insurance wanted more details n result n under the fine prints of their letter they wrote any additional medical report or review needed in order to get more result the $ should be borne by me

N anyway we don't feel comfortable with scribblings on the health book...as we are afraid it will affect my bb in future... for eg the insurance allowed the policy to go through then really suay suay touch wood my bb need to claim insurance then they anyhow link it to the spine again then reject my claim.

Coz spine has lots of nerves there... anything also can link.

So we tot have a clear indication clear result would be better. But we didn't know we had to go through so much shouting here n there to get a clearer copy of what she wrote....

Juz a simple request turn out to be so complicated

Yes mine eat until got sound also. Machiam so tasty haha it's quite fun n happy to see them do these
Totally agree. My LO cannot sit on his own. But very interested in our food. If you put near him, this mouth will start moving and tongue will start sticking out with licking movement. He is turning 5months next week. Sure gonna start on fruit puree as advised by my pd.

Does your nipple have those little bump too?
Yes... some times got dried up milk. Will use hot towel to rub and clear them during shower..

Press on the swollen / hard part will you feel pain (like blue black pain)?
Yes.. like bruised pain. I went to doctor and was given antibiotic as I was running a fever. Now the pain subsided abit.. But I still feel the lump in my boob. Not sure If it's the milk duct still clogged or it's swollen due to the infection. Quite worrying. My husband keep asking me to stop bfing since it's quite draining on me.

Yes... some times got dried up milk. Will use hot towel to rub and clear them during shower..

Yes.. like bruised pain. I went to doctor and was given antibiotic as I was running a fever. Now the pain subsided abit.. But I still feel the lump in my boob. Not sure If it's the milk duct still clogged or it's swollen due to the infection. Quite worrying. My husband keep asking me to stop bfing since it's quite draining on me.
I had that before and twice
End up the lump is pus need to be remove
I am surprised you was given only antibiotics.. They didnt scan your breast?
Or have you try cold compress?
Sometimes hot don't work for me I put cold compress an hour later I massage all the milk flow out

U got special fridge to store ebm? We cannot store in our common freezer?
Can.i know of mums who have exclusive fridge for bm.

I placed mine in a common freezer. So that was why i was wondering. But she replied ald. Hers was put in an exclusive bm freezer but it still smell because of the metallic smell... My mum had also added it could be because bm is part blood. Thats why it smell abit metallic. Not sure if thats old saying or fact..

Esther...if showing sign of wanting to eat but not yet sit at her own yet? Can feed semi solid?
my gal cant sit on her own but she can sit upright on high chair ..
so that depend on your LO whether she /he can sit on high chair if can ..you can start a bit of semi solid see how your LO take it ..for me i start with 1 teaspoon and slowly increase.. and my gal love to eat lolz

I am bf supporter(aint a fanatic) but I'd agree that you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others. not a big deal to feed formula. as it is I as I was looking thru at follow on formula at ntuc I realize that after 6 months, the economic benefit of bf-ing drops cos follow on formula is cheaper than stage 1 formula. and stage 3 formula is even cheaper than stage 2 formula! but I guess if we give fresh milk after 1 yr of age, the cost is even lower....

lol your calculation power ... for me my boy continue stage 1 until 12 months old ... before moving to stage 3 ... stage 2 abit bo lioa from 6-12 months only
woah ... scary. acty I tot the insurance company will ask the pd for medical report ? u just pay for that ah
since when must show insurer health book ? i never do that

totally understand.. not easy being a FTWM and + pumping mom ... been there and done that ... my pumping has cut down until 3x per day now only enuff for 2-3 feed ... no choice ...

peifu those who can continue to pump 4hr when working ...and continue feeding bm to their LO for > 6 months ...

for me i cant and i wont push it ..cos if i get sick .or breakdown .. it doesnt do the kid any good too ...

but that is just my thinking.. pro breastfeeding pple will definitely disagree with me

well it is my kid not theirs..so they not happy with me ..then so be it lolz ...
oh dear.. i agree with your hubby to stop pumping or reduce the no of pumps. i don't think we should compromise our health to breastfeeding.. you need to be healthy and happy to take care of your lo!
breastfeeding is not the only thing a mother can do or bond with the baby :) take care of your health ok!

Yup I will slowly see how it goes, if very jialat going forward I will just cut my pump and then stop.

Agree with Esther that's our choice, to feed what we want to our baby be it bm or fm. Some people don't even have a choice when they don't have bm at all. Feeding fm doesn't make you less a mum. As long baby is healthy and happy :)

It's not easy being ftwm but this is just part of life. Thanks to mummies here for the support!

my gal cant sit on her own but she can sit upright on high chair ..
so that depend on your LO whether she /he can sit on high chair if can ..you can start a bit of semi solid see how your LO take it ..for me i start with 1 teaspoon and slowly increase.. and my gal love to eat lolz

lol your calculation power ... for me my boy continue stage 1 until 12 months old ... before moving to stage 3 ... stage 2 abit bo lioa from 6-12 months only

since when must show insurer health book ? i never do that

Mine request leh... I buying ntuc hospital plan

Sometimes hot don't work for me I put cold compress an hour later I massage all the milk flow out
I went to gp... I don't think they can scan.

But now I am at kkh.. cuz I pump today and still feeling lumpy.. quite worrying.

Totally agree. My LO cannot sit on his own. But very interested in our food. If you put near him, this mouth will start moving and tongue will start sticking out with licking movement. He is turning 5months next week. Sure gonna start on fruit puree as advised by my pd.

Mine reject cereal. Today I cook porridge with ikan bills stock.. he ate 1 tablespoon !! Quite surprised. Hehe

I went to gp... I don't think they can scan.

But now I am at kkh.. cuz I pump today and still feeling lumpy.. quite worrying.
Kkh... Have you see a doctor?
There can't help much (in my opinion)
My first time occur I went there
The breast surgeon come 2 times per week only. It take me one month plus to cure the lump
Second time due to it happen during the weekend and I know there no doctor in kkh can help I went to my gynae for help.
My gynae clinic have a breast surgeon in operation and lucky for me second time I get it cure by two weeks

boiled apple seems ok. papaya not ok. pumpkin also not ok. interest in our food...I don't rly detect tat ATM. I haven't let her try sitting in a high chair but she can actually sit for brief moments in the bathtub... and when u tell her "come, hold the sides of the tub" she'd do it ... sometimes she slides but it seems that she does that intentionally cos she is smiling and kicking.

My boy likes to slide in the bath tub too... I like the foldable bath tub we're using... narrow enough for them to hold on the sides, though mu MIL always say my bath tub so small... *rolls eyes*

Do take care!
Thanks!

Kkh... Have you see a doctor?
There can't help much (in my opinion)
My first time occur I went there
The breast surgeon come 2 times per week only. It take me one month plus to cure the lump
Second time due to it happen during the weekend and I know there no doctor in kkh can help I went to my gynae for help.
My gynae clinic have a breast surgeon in operation and lucky for me second time I get it cure by two weeks
yep. They said it's just blocked ducts... ask me to monitor a few days while taking antibiotics. If still cannot clear I will go back to my gynae...

My boy likes to slide in the bath tub too... I like the foldable bath tub we're using... narrow enough for them to hold on the sides, though mu MIL always say my bath tub so small... *rolls eyes*
Slide bath tub hehe sounds familiar. ... but i dun remember my elder 2 kids doing so. Only this bb ... I was wondering if it's true the youngest the naughtiest... haha..

Plastic spoon and blender, imo. The rest is secondary....
Hmm I only have a plastic spoon n a 8 container. It has rough surface for u to mash up food.

But this is only for initial stage.. Later stage they can eat rougher food then no need mash up liao

Drinking water I would use the current milk bottle.

But i do intend to buy a thermal container to bring food outside. But if based on their portion of food now still too early to use it

Insurer might request. As mine was a slight premmie, the underwriter asked to see the DA before approving our policy. Today finally approved...
My insurer also requested cuz the pd wrote jaundice inside health booklet. End up got to ask pd write letter b4 insurance is approved. Gosh, buy 1 insurance only so ma fan.

any of your lo sleep through the night, do you wake up to pump? I dl when i am with her

Mine sleep from 9-5 does that considered sleep through lolz .. I dun wake up to pump cos working and if lack of sleep I get sick very easily .. I am a pig in my past life lolz must sleep lolz even though I can do lesser now due to training by my son lolz but I still try to get at least 6-8 hrs sleep if can lolz
Yup I will slowly see how it goes, if very jialat going forward I will just cut my pump and then stop.

Agree with Esther that's our choice, to feed what we want to our baby be it bm or fm. Some people don't even have a choice when they don't have bm at all. Feeding fm doesn't make you less a mum. As long baby is healthy and happy :)

It's not easy being ftwm but this is just part of life. Thanks to mummies here for the support!
Yes that is part of life .. In Singapore not easy to do with single income so I have to work
Mine request leh... I buying ntuc hospital plan
My Aia din ask for it lolz

Mine reject cereal. Today I cook porridge with ikan bills stock.. he ate 1 tablespoon !! Quite surprised. Hehe

U can make ikan billis powder and make with cereal or porridge .. They like it

Oh...that means not really need to wait can sit by her own?
No need .. Some bb will skip certain stage .. So hard to use that as guide

My insurer also requested cuz the pd wrote jaundice inside health booklet. End up got to ask pd write letter b4 insurance is approved. Gosh, buy 1 insurance only so ma fan.
All bb get slight jaundice at birth what ..

Both my kids the insurer never ask to see health book

My health book quite clean lolz

Oh...that means not really need to wait can sit by her own?

http://www.madeformums.com/baby/how-to-tell-if-your-baby-is-ready-for-weaning/11737.html

They need not sit on their own, BUT must have good neck control and able to hold their head up when seated...

I read somewhere this is to help in swallowing and prevent choking...

Hmm I only have a plastic spoon n a 8 container. It has rough surface for u to mash up food.

But this is only for initial stage.. Later stage they can eat rougher food then no need mash up liao

Drinking water I would use the current milk bottle.

But i do intend to buy a thermal container to bring food outside. But if based on their portion of food now still too early to use it

I have plastic spoons and I use Ikea bowls to feed my boy... Blender, I am using what I currently have at home, didn't get one specifically for baby...

Oh yes, thermos flask... :) Impt for bringing food out in future...

Btw, just wanna ask, when do they start using sippy cups??

Last edited:
http://www.madeformums.com/baby/how-to-tell-if-your-baby-is-ready-for-weaning/11737.html

They need not sit on their own, BUT must have good neck control and able to hold their head up when seated...

I have plastic spoons and I use Ikea bowls to feed my boy... Blender, I am using what I currently have at home, didn't get one specifically for baby...

Someone told me she thinks that sippy cups are rubbish and recommended the munchkin cup with straw. I got sippy cups before that though so I am just going to try sippies first. I think you can try sippies from 7 or 8 mths? Else one option will be to feed water using a spoon

Hi Mummy,

Just wanna to share my parents just install invisible grilles from LEGATE, if any mummy intend to install may call him directly @ 8688 2925 Mr Daren from LEGATE

Hi Mummy,

Just wanna to share my parents just install invisible grilles from LEGATE, if any mummy intend to install may call him directly @ 8688 2925 Mr Daren from LEGATE
will get at least 20% discount izzt :p

just kidding ..

i am scare of invisible grille ..they dun look strong to me

Lol!

That was random sharing... Advertising lor

i prefer this kind of grille

Wrought-Iron-Grilles.jpg

Mine sleep from 9-5 does that considered sleep through lolz .. I dun wake up to pump cos working and if lack of sleep I get sick very easily .. I am a pig in my past life lolz must sleep lolz even though I can do lesser now due to training by my son lolz but I still try to get at least 6-8 hrs sleep if can lolz

Yes that is part of life .. In Singapore not easy to do with single income so I have to work

My Aia din ask for it lolz

U can make ikan billis powder and make with cereal or porridge .. They like it

No need .. Some bb will skip certain stage .. So hard to use that as guide

All bb get slight jaundice at birth what ..

Both my kids the insurer never ask to see health book

My health book quite clean lolz

Ikan bills powder? Diy ar?? Easier then cooking the stock right ?? Haha teach me !!

Hmm maybe I should try aia next round. Coz ntuc juz gave me an official "reject" n now I am going to appeal with the latest note from pd that no followup is needed .. hope the review my application

My bb health book already messy by scribbles haha kkh offered to rewrite a new one which I reject so I had done a few growth assessment at polyclinic already so rewrite =all gone . .... but i fe they try cover their ass .. after rewrite then no more scribble evidence haha

Sippy cups when they know.how to hold their bottles ...

Ikea bowl quite hard to wash.. those translucent ones... the oil always stuck there

will get at least 20% discount izzt :p

just kidding ..

i am scare of invisible grille ..they dun look strong to me
I also scared invisible grilles looks so fragile to me. But some site they requires it's so no choice.

Wan do grilles come find me hehe ... my family deals with aluminium window n grilles n all sorts of renovation works

Ikan bills powder? Diy ar?? Easier then cooking the stock right ?? Haha teach me !!

Hmm maybe I should try aia next round. Coz ntuc juz gave me an official "reject" n now I am going to appeal with the latest note from pd that no followup is needed .. hope the review my application

My bb health book already messy by scribbles haha kkh offered to rewrite a new one which I reject so I had done a few growth assessment at polyclinic already so rewrite =all gone . .... but i fe they try cover their ass .. after rewrite then no more scribble evidence haha
yes DIY ..

what i did is ... wash the ikan bilis 2x ... then pat dry with kitchen towel and spread it even on oven tray ..
put in oven and cooking time around 10-15 mins ... and when turned abit brown take it out and stir and put back into oven for another 10-15mins so that those on bottom get a chance to cook too .. when it is done it is crispy . let it cool down abit then pour the baked ikan bilis in an electric grinder and blend until they become powder then Store in an air tight container in a cool and dry place (such as the fridge). ...use it when making porridge or soup ..

it add favour to plain porrdge or soup and also good for calcium

yes DIY ..

what i did is ... wash the ikan bilis 2x ... then pat dry with kitchen towel and spread it even on oven tray ..
put in oven and cooking time around 10-15 mins ... and when turned abit brown take it out and stir and put back into oven for another 10-15mins so that those on bottom get a chance to cook too .. when it is done it is crispy . let it cool down abit then pour the baked ikan bilis in an electric grinder and blend until they become powder then Store in an air tight container in a cool and dry place (such as the fridge). ...use it when making porridge or soup ..

it add favour to plain porrdge or soup and also good for calcium
Do u peel off the heads ?

Sometimes the heads auto came off. Do u use those to blend also ? Or juz the body

Got pus?! Now I scared, I hv a very hard lump from 2 days ago when I cun pump in office. Yday got fever too. Tried to massage it out but cun...

Back