(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

haiz, i'm officially in round 2 of depression - my CL is leaving in 30 mins... i sure am going to miss her. think my bb will go into depression too, once he realise she's gone - she has a way of soothing him when he's cranky... she will hold him n talk/sing to him n 90% of the time he will actually stop n just stare at her. i tried the same, n he will just scream louder. jia lat. i have a colleague due in May who tried to book her for 4 months, n when i first found out i lol... now i totally understand why!
Understand how u feel. The nite b4 my CL left, I am already crying. Thinking how am I going to handle my bb alone. The first few days without CL will be tough. But hang on, you will be able to do it! For me, it is 2 weeks since CL left. Still learning everyday but I managed to survive! Jia you. :)

Understand how u feel. The nite b4 my CL left, I am already crying. Thinking how am I going to handle my bb alone. The first few days without CL will be tough. But hang on, you will be able to do it! For me, it is 2 weeks since CL left. Still learning everyday but I managed to survive! Jia you. :)
Everyday is a learning phase

Their pattern is forever changing lolz

haiz, i'm officially in round 2 of depression - my CL is leaving in 30 mins... i sure am going to miss her. think my bb will go into depression too, once he realise she's gone - she has a way of soothing him when he's cranky... she will hold him n talk/sing to him n 90% of the time he will actually stop n just stare at her. i tried the same, n he will just scream louder. jia lat. i have a colleague due in May who tried to book her for 4 months, n when i first found out i lol... now i totally understand why!

My CL just left too! They always have a way with baby one, when we try the same it doesn't work... I hope all goes well. I managed to bathe her this morning, yesterday I tried she was terrified bcos she was grabbing to my tshirt so tight.

Let's jiayou tgt!!

Me too. When my mum can come over n help me I will nap for a short while. Was so exhausted last night I knocked out immediately n didn't even know bb cried. Felt so terrible. Thank goodness hubs managed to pacify her.

I know, that day bb was crying at night and refused to be soothed (sounds familiar eh?) and hubby was pacifying him. I told hubby you take this shift I will take the next cos my brain and eyes dropping dead liao, then I completely knocked out on bed in a deep sleep. Apparently bb cried and wailed for another hour but I totally did not hear anything at all. And we were all 3 on the same bed lor.

Ya kind of regret nv get a cl this round or get a maid as per my hubby suggestion... hopefully I won't have body aches when I am old... some ppl says if confinement nv do well n nv rest well will jialat when old.

But then these days alot mummies bf. So have to wake up every 2-3hrs also ma.. then how to rest...

Ya looking for part time helper.. anyone has recommendations?

Juz clean windows, toilets, fans, kitchen.. sweep n wipe floor etc.. mine 3 room flat only so quite easy.. location tampines
I got cl like no cl bb also I take care myself...too many things happened cause me no choice to bring bb back to my room...

I shave my baby botak.. now I am hoping he won't have patches like what his 2 cousins have...they call it ah gor lor... those who have 姑姑will has it. ... I think it's a myth lah

I nv shave my elder 2 kids.. but this one my Hubby say shave. ...

Later if have patches I confirm blame him haha
Hub said abit yi shi yi shi jiu hao...in laws suggested lor...tsk tsk

My CL just left too! They always have a way with baby one, when we try the same it doesn't work... I hope all goes well. I managed to bathe her this morning, yesterday I tried she was terrified bcos she was grabbing to my tshirt so tight.

Let's jiayou tgt!!
Mine still grab my sleeve tightly lolz
Natural instinct bah lolz

i actually teared in the car after i dropped her off at golden mile... thinking to myself why can't she be my MIL, then i don't have to worry abt logistics of who's going to jaga the bb when i'm back at work. now i know how my MIL feel when we leave the US... the poor lady has to deal with our departure alone in a big house some more, at least i got bb n dog to distract me.

this bb really test me, already pooped in the car, n screaming for milk by the time i reached home. so i spent one hr feeding, burping, n changing him (twice!). now he's crying in his cot... but not the super loud kind, so i'm just gonna ignore him for a while.

Hi mummies, I have poped! Delivered 4feb 3.26pm. Introducing baby Gareth Loh.
Birth story:
Show & irregular contractions at 3feb 6am. Decided to wait it out at home first. 3feb 8pm admitted to hospital. Was already 3cm dilated. In labor ward for 19hrs! Dilation was very very slow. At 4feb 5am, only 5cm dilation. 7.30am 8cm dilation. 1pm finally full dilation. Nurse reduced epi and start pushing at 1.30pm. Pushed for 1.5hrs and baby still not out. Baby stats not too good. So, doc said to try vac and if in another 10mins not out yet, will be emergency c section. Thankfully, baby came out at 3.26pm naturally. Felt like I fought and won a battle! Pushed so hard that blood vessel on right eye ruptured. Dun think its serious though.

Belated Congratulations, @charkwn! Gareth is so cute! Your birth experience a bit similar to mine - also had vacuum assisted birth. :)

One way that both my CL and mum try when bb hiccup is to put a small damp cotton pad on bb forehead. Hiccup will go away after a while. You all can try if it work. Seems to work on my bb but dun know if hiccup went off on its own or it bcos of this method :)

One way that both my CL and mum try when bb hiccup is to put a small damp cotton pad on bb forehead. Hiccup will go away after a while. You all can try if it work. Seems to work on my bb but dun know if hiccup went off on its own or it bcos of this method :)
My previous CL did that too. Current CL will carry bb n burp him when he hiccup.

Will try that , my bb hiccups all the time too, jialatz.

Constantly remind myself to calm down, and that this stage will be over soon..
Doesn't work for me..haha. My mil came over to "help" this evening n I couldn't help but feel irritated with the way she does things. Like rocking her aft her milk. Then feed hold the bottle so low sure got lots of air enter. Hais I don't know why my tolerance level so low n why I get so irritated with her. Feel so bad..

Doesn't work for me..haha. My mil came over to "help" this evening n I couldn't help but feel irritated with the way she does things. Like rocking her aft her milk. Then feed hold the bottle so low sure got lots of air enter. Hais I don't know why my tolerance level so low n why I get so irritated with her. Feel so bad..

Its normal to feel that way cos at the end of the day we tend to our newborn daily..all these little habits and not so ideal ways others handle our LO will irk us.

You are so like me! Haha...I can't help how I feel too.

I totally regret not booking my cl longer too... hais

Do your baby hiccup? Mine hiccup very often...
Mine too leii.. like out of no where he will hiccup. I suspecting is it becuz his stomach high thats why trigger his diaphragm when he is full?? Idk. Tried burping him when he has hiccups but no use leii..

Mine too leii.. like out of no where he will hiccup. I suspecting is it becuz his stomach high thats why trigger his diaphragm when he is full?? Idk. Tried burping him when he has hiccups but no use leii..

My hubby read up, he say over fed will cause hiccups leh. My girl drinks every 1.5-2hrs 90ml and will finish all... Abit Kua Zhang the freq she drinking.

Ya tried burping while hiccup doesn't work... The hiccup will just disappear on its own

I totally regret not booking my cl longer too... hais

Officially my first night wo CL.
Just fed her fm cause will last longer and here I am expressing bm and I wonder what time will I get to sleep... I hope she sleeps at least 3hrs

Wanted to extend my CL but she need to go back for cny :( I guess yours too?

Is it normal for one month old to poop after every feed? I latch for 10 - 20 min every 2 hrs. My boy poops every feed, then have to change his diaper and he wakes up. By the time I put him to sleep again, its almost time for next feed. And the cycle goes on. I'm going crazy! @-@

Officially my first night wo CL.
Just fed her fm cause will last longer and here I am expressing bm and I wonder what time will I get to sleep... I hope she sleeps at least 3hrs

Wanted to extend my CL but she need to go back for cny :( I guess yours too?

Me too.. my CL help out for 3weeks nia. GOing back this sunday morning.. :( trying to keep calm and catch more sleep before she leave :(

Last edited:
My hubby read up, he say over fed will cause hiccups leh. My girl drinks every 1.5-2hrs 90ml and will finish all... Abit Kua Zhang the freq she drinking.

Ya tried burping while hiccup doesn't work... The hiccup will just disappear on its own

Oh my.. same here.. my lo drinking 90-100ml every 2.5-3hrs too. I read the same thing too.. i got try feeding lesser, 60ml each feed. He wakes up every 1.5-2hrs andwe calculated per day he drink more.. like 1000ml. So we stick to 100ml each and per day arnd 800ml. And the thing is the hiccups doesnt go away even with lesser amount fed.

Is it normal for one month old to poop after every feed? I latch for 10 - 20 min every 2 hrs. My boy poops every feed, then have to change his diaper and he wakes up. By the time I put him to sleep again, its almost time for next feed. And the cycle goes on. I'm going crazy! @-@

My boy poops after most of the feeds too. But i bottle feed him lah.. after all the changing, i got arnd 1 hr to go pump and do other things before he wakes up every 2.5-3hrs.

Chill mummy.. maybe u wanna feed on demand or have a 3hr interval instead?

Bb jus slept aft fussing since 8pm. I'm gonna crash now..
Sweet dreams.
For the first night since CL left 1 week ago hubby and I slept before midnight yday. Successfully put him to sleep after the 930 feed then the 2 exhausted adults quickly go sleep too before bb wakes for midnight feed. Nowadays normally he 930 to 3 don't wanna sleep so we also cannot sleep. So thankful yday can sleep early tho afterwards it was fussing fr 1230 to 230.

Let's jiayou tgt!!

Talk to baby or sing song when bathing ...

Do u always sing song to ur baby when in tummy ? Or play music ??

Do the same when bathing they will recognised n keep quiet coz they feel secure

I got cl like no cl bb also I take care myself...too many things happened cause me no choice to bring bb back to my room...

I know, that day bb was crying at night and refused to be soothed (sounds familiar eh?) and hubby was pacifying him. I told hubby you take this shift I will take the next cos my brain and eyes dropping dead liao, then I completely knocked out on bed in a deep sleep. Apparently bb cried and wailed for another hour but I totally did not hear anything at all. And we were all 3 on the same bed lor.

Me 2 have to ownself take care .. i do have knock out times too... body ownself shut out all the sounds n I nap for 2-3hrs
. Shiok! !

Juz yesterday in dun know why I felt very giddy when trying to wake up.. Lucky my sis still haven't sleep. 4am.. I ask her tend to my crying baby. ... tried 10 mins also can't settle the.giddness the whole room is turning

Tried call my hubby up n he can't be waked up at all...

End up I juz sleep back till morning n still felt abt giddy when I woke up n whole day body felt soft soft but still have to look after baby..

That's life of a mummy ...

Back