(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

once registered as member ..they will send sample when bb move to next stage

oops i tot you want :p

Hihi, today LO turned 6m got receive call from dumex to send FM to me and previously PD gave a tin of enfamil, will let her try soon and see if she ok or not.

Last edited:

Hi mummy, anyone of you make puree for your lo? What blender are you using? I am thinking of using normal Philip blender. Do you think it will work? Or hand blender is better?

I am using normal blender... yes it will work for sure... just ensure your items has enough water to blend into puree...

Hi mummy, anyone of you make puree for your lo? What blender are you using? I am thinking of using normal Philip blender. Do you think it will work? Or hand blender is better?
i have both and prefer hand blender lolz cos easier and less things to wash :p

Hihi, today LO turned 6m got receive call from dumex to send FM to me and previously PD gave a tin of enfamil, will let her try soon and see if she ok or not.

I received a call from dumex yesterday too! The lady say they're sending 2 tins and encouraged me to take part in the 7 days healthy gut challenge to win vouchers etc etc. I have started giving LO Nan Pro 2 though, not sure if want to change brand so fast :X

Good thing about hand blender is that you can blend smaller amounts. I am using normal blender, it works for me, as I usually prep up to 1 week worth of puree...

I received a call from dumex yesterday too! The lady say they're sending 2 tins and encouraged me to take part in the 7 days healthy gut challenge to win vouchers etc etc. I have started giving LO Nan Pro 2 though, not sure if want to change brand so fast :X
did they specify which type they are giving? hypoallergenic one or? wow it is just so tempting to give FM more often (mixed feeding) when I have already 2 tins of NAN stage 2 samples, 2 big tins of NAN HA 1, and more samples!!

in freeze but my next question would be do you just defrost or re steam the puree ?

I thaw the day/night before and feed direct... my elder one very used to having cold stuff... this LO is still in transition...kekeke
this applies to the fruit/vege puree... cannot freeze grains...

Hmm how do u all store the 1 wk worth of puree??

I store in covered ice cube trays. Then I will take out what is needed each meal (2 ice cubes), and use warmer to warm up. When bringing over to my MIL's place, I will then portion out for her each meal and put in the Avent Storage Cup, so that she can take out each cup and put in warmer straight away...

3650.jpg

You can buy the above from daiso... KS is doing what I had done exactly 4 years old :D Though I have not start doing for my younger one kekeke...

Last edited:
I store in covered ice cube trays. Then I will take out what is needed each meal (2 ice cubes), and use warmer to warm up. When bringing over to my MIL's place, I will then portion out for her each meal and put in the Avent Storage Cup, so that she can take out each cup and put in warmer straight away...

3650.jpg
puree already cooked one round ..if warm it with warmer that is another round , wont that destroy the nutrition?
I thaw the day/night before and feed direct... my elder one very used to having cold stuff... this LO is still in transition...kekeke
this applies to the fruit/vege puree... cannot freeze grains...
wah cold stuff direct feed ..that is a no no to my mom

did they specify which type they are giving? hypoallergenic one or? wow it is just so tempting to give FM more often (mixed feeding) when I have already 2 tins of NAN stage 2 samples, 2 big tins of NAN HA 1, and more samples!!

I requested for the normal kind, you can go to their website and take a look at the different types avaliar and click on the "request for sample" to do so.

Link : http://www.dumex.com.sg/products/Pages/Product-mamil-gold-precinutri-step-2.aspx

I'm also using the Avent Philips steamer and blender and can prepare about 1 weeks worth too.

Bought the ice cube tray with lid from Daiso too and freeze the puree and take out to store in their storage cups and kept in freezer.

I asked the promoter from philips avent and she said that don't need to thaw the frozen cubes, when want to feed can just put the frozen cubes and warm it. I put in 2 frozen cubes in my pigeon warmer cup and warm it with the pigeon warmer. Warm food is at 70 degrees celcius to keep the nutrients. Then after it is warmed and back to puree form le i stir and leave it in warmer for a while more before letting it cool down to feed LO

Last edited:
I DL whenever I am with him...

The prob with my LO and DL is that the moment I offer, he will take it, even though he is full, he had just eaten... He also wanna latch don't wanna let go.. sometimes he comfort latch and I unlatch him he will kpkb, then I have to latch him again.....

The membrane for my office set is also torn... didn't realise it until today, so have to bring spare membrane to office to change tmr... hope I remember...

my LO dun want to latch means dun want to latch, she only comfort latch when she nurse to slp.. in hours that she is awake, even if its 4 hrs after her last feed, she will struggle out of my arms when i wanna try to latch her..

hey mummies, how many feed are you LO taking a day now that they are taking solids? do they reduce their intake per feed?
Mine is still drinking the same amounts. I have not reduced anything yet...

puree already cooked one round ..if warm it with warmer that is another round , wont that destroy the nutrition?

wah cold stuff direct feed ..that is a no no to my mom

My mum and MIL also won't allow me to feed cold food o the kids...

Nutrients may be destroyed if you put to boiling.... Warming to around same temp as bm should be okay....

my pd say once they started solid ..2x per day ..their total milk feeds can reduce to around 550ml per day
ok, my gal taking 1 x solids a day only... i usually dl her when i am with her and over the weekends. find that my pump output is slowly dropping ever since she turn 5.5 months.. maybe it is signalling for me to stop breastfeeding..

Mine is still drinking the same amounts. I have not reduced anything yet...

My mum and MIL also won't allow me to feed cold food o the kids...

Nutrients may be destroyed if you put to boiling.... Warming to around same temp as bm should be okay....
haha same as my parents. i told my mum can do breastmilk popsicle and let her suck when she is teething and uncomfortable.. she told me how can let her take cold stuff.. zzz.

haha same as my parents. i told my mum can do breastmilk popsicle and let her suck when she is teething and uncomfortable.. she told me how can let her take cold stuff.. zzz.
Same as my mil. Even say my ebm is not good cos put in fridge!
I guess all older generation have the same thinking.

Any mummies started lo with this alr? Any idea how to prepare it? Should i use it to replace 1 of lo's feed?

Attachments

• 1436940644051.jpg
    1436940644051.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 202
This is rice cereal... there should be preparation instructions behind?? At this point at bb is just starting out on foods, it shouldn't replace his feeds yet... Feed him this approx 30 minutes after his milk...

Any mummies started lo with this alr? Any idea how to prepare it? Should i use it to replace 1 of lo's feed?
just mix aBT half or 1 tbl spoon to some fm or bm to desired consistency. can't be too sticky.

this amt won't be enuff to replace 1 milk feed. Tt said I give cereal before I give milk

I give only puree once a day (not even one cube) per day (an hr after her milk and if she is still awake)
how many times your LO is having the puree in a day?

I'm also using the Avent Philips steamer and blender and can prepare about 1 weeks worth too.

Bought the ice cube tray with lid from Daiso too and freeze the puree and take out to store in their storage cups and kept in freezer.

I asked the promoter from philips avent and she said that don't need to thaw the frozen cubes, when want to feed can just put the frozen cubes and warm it. I put in 2 frozen cubes in my pigeon warmer cup and warm it with the pigeon warmer. Warm food is at 70 degrees celcius to keep the nutrients. Then after it is warmed and back to puree form le i stir and leave it in warmer for a while more before letting it cool down to feed LO
I haven't start my lo with solid yet, going to try this Friday.need to buy bkender first ;) maybe going to start with sweet potato. I used to boil the frozen food in stove for my first boy, just a quick one, just to warm the food up.

I haven't start my lo with solid yet, going to try this Friday.need to buy bkender first ;) maybe going to start with sweet potato. I used to boil the frozen food in stove for my first boy, just a quick one, just to warm the food up.
I heard sweet potato can cause gas in tummy, so I haven't tried it yet.. so far tried, carrot, butternut squash, avocado..

my pd say once they started solid ..2x per day ..their total milk feeds can reduce to around 550ml per day
But solids they Nv eat alot leh. Milk can still reduce to so little? My girl forever hates milk. Don't drink much nowadays especially mornings

My lo seems v cranky yesterday. Didn't drink much milk and hardly nap. Last night also v disturbed sleep then wakes up at 6am! Checked his gum, no teeth yet. Hopefully he will feel better today.

It's been nearly 2wks since he starts solid but he still doesn't fancy it. Gets v angry n struggle after 3rd spoon. Still doesn't knw how to swallow either. Mayb he is not ready for solid?

Yest I tried carrot. what is a small pc to me is a large amt to her. can't finish. I mashed thr carrot and added some soup to it. the soup has no seasoning so it's just the sweetness of tje veg and pork bone

But solids they Nv eat alot leh. Milk can still reduce to so little? My girl forever hates milk. Don't drink much nowadays especially mornings
hahaha my girl also dun drink much milk in the morning one.. i alwys prepare 120ml ebm and 6 bottles, some days she finish 5 bottles, some days 4 bottles..
i thot usually babies when they first wake up, they would want todrink milk.. my gal just want to flip and play.. lol

their stomach not very big ..small to you maybe alot to them ..as long as their growth rate is ok ...
reduce abit of milk is ok ..anyway you cant force to do thing they dun want ... be it drink milk or eat solid
so i just let her choose lolz

my gal height still 90% percentile and weight is 75% percentile though she look skinny to me but PD say she is ok so i let her be

hahaha my girl also dun drink much milk in the morning one.. i alwys prepare 120ml ebm and 6 bottles, some days she finish 5 bottles, some days 4 bottles..
i thot usually babies when they first wake up, they would want todrink milk.. my gal just want to flip and play.. lol
same .. flip play smile ..sing lolz .. but dont you just love it .. they are so happy in the morning

their stomach not very big ..small to you maybe alot to them ..as long as their growth rate is ok ...
reduce abit of milk is ok ..anyway you cant force to do thing they dun want ... be it drink milk or eat solid

my gal height still 90% percentile and weight is 75% percentile though she look skinny to me but PD say she is ok so i let her be
i mashed a carrot wedge that is abt 1/4 of my thumb yesterday. LO ate some of it and then after that she lost interest in it. 20 min later she can drink 70 ml of milk. and after burping her and entertaining her for 15 mins she finished the remaining 70ml....alamak. if 20 min later can drink milk, I tink her stomach shld have capacity for the remainder of the carrot leh!!!

i mashed a carrot wedge that is abt 1/4 of my thumb yesterday. LO ate some of it and then after that she lost interest in it. 20 min later she can drink 70 ml of milk. and after burping her and entertaining her for 15 mins she finished the remaining 70ml....alamak. if 20 min later can drink milk, I tink her stomach shld have capacity for the remainder of the carrot leh!!!
hahha, i think they get bored of the solids easily.. everytime i intro new food to my lo, she gets bored after a few days and start eating lesser in quantity for the same food.. so i have to change. haha. and she eats faster when my mum feeds her :(. my mum also say sometime after 30 mins - 1 hrs, she can finish a full milk bottle when gg to slp.. so i think they have the capacity but got mood to feed one..

hahha, i think they get bored of the solids easily.. everytime i intro new food to my lo, she gets bored after a few days and start eating lesser in quantity for the same food.. so i have to change. haha. and she eats faster when my mum feeds her :(. my mum also say sometime after 30 mins - 1 hrs, she can finish a full milk bottle when gg to slp.. so i think they have the capacity but got mood to feed one..
Mine I always give milk before food, he will finish 130ml and usually would finish his solids within 30 min as well. I think my boy generally likes food, when my MIL carry him while we have dinner in the evenings, he would stare at us eat and drool! LOL When we feed him, he would take our hands and shove the spoon towards his mouth. Sometimes I have to be very careful, so scared he will put the spoon too far into his mouth...

Yours is tall and skinny! My boy height is 75%ile while weight is 50%ile. Last time I used to joke that his legs are like 鸡腿 drumstick, but even his drumsticks has slimmed down a little, much easier to sit him in a bumbo now compared to previously...

haha YES! in their best of mood in the mrg.. so do u offer ur lo milk only when she cries?
i wont offer milk unless cry cos she wont drink if i offer when she is not hungry
lolz maybe she dun like carrot lolz
Mine I always give milk before food, he will finish 130ml and usually would finish his solids within 30 min as well. I think my boy generally likes food, when my MIL carry him while we have dinner in the evenings, he would stare at us eat and drool! LOL When we feed him, he would take our hands and shove the spoon towards his mouth. Sometimes I have to be very careful, so scared he will put the spoon too far into his mouth...
Yours is tall and skinny! My boy height is 75%ile while weight is 50%ile. Last time I used to joke that his legs are like 鸡腿 drumstick, but even his drumsticks has slimmed down a little, much easier to sit him in a bumbo now compared to previously...

mine also drool when we eat lolz ...

but my mom and i feel my gal skinny lolz ... her clothes got upgraded is because of tall not fat ...

i wont offer milk unless cry cos she wont drink if i offer when she is not hungry

but my mom and i feel my gal skinny lolz ... her clothes got upgraded is because of tall not fat ...

Same as my #2. Although 3.5 yr old liao. She can still wear 2 yr old dress as top... all her dresses became top now. I juz find some pants or shorts for her to match... end up now her wardrobe full of clothes coz old one can't throw.. she still can fit but too short only

she cant dislike carrots cos one of her nicknames is carrot head!!! either she rly got sian of eating or she still doesn't rly know how to eat mashed food. initially when I gave her the mashed carrot without liquid she cringed. lolllllll super cute expression.

she cant dislike carrots cos one of her nicknames is carrot head!!! either she rly got sian of eating or she still doesn't rly know how to eat mashed food. initially when I gave her the mashed carrot without liquid she cringed. lolllllll super cute expression.

My boy didn't like carrot as much on his own... he didn't cringe, but looked a little unsure... but he is fine when I gave it to him together with the rice cereal... so maybe it's the texture??

aiyo, my gal hungry also wont cry one.. just suck her pillow and look sleepy.. i think if we nv feed her, she will just self soothe to slp by sucking her pillow lo.... dunno why she doesn't cry for milk, maybe she dun like milk...

Back