(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Hi mummies, those who bf and slowly introducing fm , can I ask do you mix bm and fm or is by per feed? Meaning sometimes feed bm, sometimes fm on its own?

Hi mummies, those who bf and slowly introducing fm , can I ask do you mix bm and fm or is by per feed? Meaning sometimes feed bm, sometimes fm on its own?
I just slowly giving 1 fm feed a day.. and now he is 2 fm feed. Soon gonna change to total fm.. I successfully drop my ebm already.. now only manage to pump enough for 1 to 2 feeds.

I don't recommend mixing bm into a bottle of fm. gradually increase the number of fm feeds
I just slowly giving 1 fm feed a day.. and now he is 2 fm feed. Soon gonna change to total fm.. I successfully drop my ebm already.. now only manage to pump enough for 1 to 2 feeds.

Okie thanks. I wanna wean her off bm too, so want to introduce fm already.
My gp suggested me to give her HA fm as I have hereditary eczema. Anyone tried mamil gold ha / nan ha ??

My boy also same.. once he knew how to flip... in the middle of the night I can suddenly see him flat on his tummy.. n he likes to stuff his face at the corner of my pillow.. I so worried he can't breathe but if take away the pillow he will wake up..

Then now he knows how to turn.. n he is occupying half of my king size bed.... me n hubby both big size already not enough space liao lol.. if move my bb back to his corner he will fuss n cry.. he is a very light sleeper headache...
lolz ... now our king bed at night become H ...me and hb one size and the gal in the centre can helicopter turn every night ...
Okie thanks. I wanna wean her off bm too, so want to introduce fm already.
My gp suggested me to give her HA fm as I have hereditary eczema. Anyone tried mamil gold ha / nan ha ??
why jump straight to HA ? my family .. my hb me and my boy also eczema but we dun jump straight to HA unless it is necessary ..but so far ok
my boy can take the normal milk .. my gal also no issue

Hi mummies, do you give your lo a pillow to sleep? My boy likes to play with his bolster. we use pillow when we feed him and he falls asleep on the pillow after that.

lolz ... now our king bed at night become H ...me and hb one size and the gal in the centre can helicopter turn every night ...

why jump straight to HA ? my family .. my hb me and my boy also eczema but we dun jump straight to HA unless it is necessary ..but so far ok
my boy can take the normal milk .. my gal also no issue

So can just try normal one don't straight try HA?

Are you starting Stage 1 or Stage 2 FM?? If Stage 2 FM, I think can get sample??
yes you can get sample for stage 2 . i just received a can from nestle ... you want ? i can give it to you ?

my gal will take stage 1 til 1 year cos efamil stage 1 can drink til 1 year old

yes you can get sample for stage 2 . i just received a can from nestle ... you want ? i can give it to you ?

my gal will take stage 1 til 1 year cos efamil stage 1 can drink til 1 year old
Wahh how come nestle so good will give sample.
Being really busy with work what with all the events coming up in July and aug.
No time to write but sometimes still read forum
Jia you mummies!

Jia you mummies!
Enfa also give sample... i think most milk powder coy give out samples.. haha..

Almost all got sample but it seems that the sample for nan is very generous. I got 2 400g tins from a tmc talk tt time!the mv is abt 50 bucks lor

Just got a can of stage 2 enfamil from pd hehe good size for traveling though my gal will continue stage 1 til 1 year old lolz

My gal just had her last jabs for this year . The next jab will be after 1 year old

Just got a can of stage 2 enfamil from pd hehe good size for traveling though my gal will continue stage 1 til 1 year old lolz

My gal just had her last jabs for this year . The next jab will be after 1 year old
So fast? Mine still got another at 9 mth leh..

Jia you mummies!

Wahh ok ok. I rem I got register as nestle club member before.. They sent me a pink bag and a foul tasting maternity milk powder. But my son drinks nan now so shall go see website whether can request sample- or is automatic one?

Wahh ok ok. I rem I got register as nestle club member before.. They sent me a pink bag and a foul tasting maternity milk powder. But my son drinks nan now so shall go see website whether can request sample- or is automatic one?
By right it's auto. Did u update ur acc in the website with ur actual date of birth ??

So far I only manage to update last week as there was error... hopefully they will call soon hehe. ..

They will only start giving at 6mths or a few days b4 6mths..

Ahh my baby turns 6 months today! I'm intending to buy Nan pro 2 for baby, any mummies feeding baby this formula too?

From the feeding table on the tin, it states 210ml to 7 scoops. Can i assume that 1 scoop is 30ml of water?

Cuz my baby has not tried bottle feeding before so i'm intending to use the 160ml pigeon bottle that i have for a start. How to convert to 160ml? Or shld i prepare 150ml with 5 scoops?

Also, how do we determine the boiled water is of right temperature? Is it ok to warm cold boiled water using the bottle warmer to 40 degrees before adding in the milk powder?

Last edited:
Ahh my baby turns 6 months today! I'm intending to buy Nan pro 2 for baby, any mummies feeding baby this formula too?

From the feeding table on the tin, it states 210ml to 7 scoops. Can i assume that 1 scoop is 30ml of water?

Cuz my baby has not tried bottle feeding before so i'm intending to use the 160ml pigeon bottle that i have for a start. How to convert to 160ml? Or shld i prepare 150ml with 5 scoops?

Also, how do we determine the boiled water is of right temperature? Is it ok to warm cold boiled water using the bottle warmer to 40 degrees before adding in the milk powder?

My 3 kids on nan pro since bb too... only until nan gro 3 I change to other milk as it was too thin ..

Yes 30ml to 1 scoop.

U need not make a full bottle. Juz make the amt bb need to drink.. for eg I make 120ml or 150 ml ... or even 90ml sometimes depending on my bb appetite

Yes it's ok to warm boil cool water. Right temperature refers to not too hot as it will destroy the nutrients ..I only agar agar as long as not too hot not too cold can already I will pour on my hand to test. If cold weather make abit warmer. If hot weather then slightly warmer than room temp will do...

Actually for me. If the bottle only has 1 60ml mark. I am ok with making 1 60ml to 5 scoop of milk... I feel it's alright to let bb drink abit more water. But each parent different thinking.

Anyway water no need be very exact too. Juz slightly below the 160ml mark will do if u dun wan make 1 60ml. They are 6mths already so it's ok... unlike newborn we have to b very careful ...

yes 1 scoop to 30 ml of water. this is also the same for NAN HA. U can prepare 150ml, no worries. What I do is to put about 20-25% boiling water to 75%-80% room temp water. the temperature seems abt just nice to me. I test the temperature by dripping some milk to my wrist. so for 150ml, I'd add abt 30ml of boiling water to 120ml of room temp water.

My 3 kids on nan pro since bb too... only until nan gro 3 I change to other milk as it was too thin ..

Yes 30ml to 1 scoop.

U need not make a full bottle. Juz make the amt bb need to drink.. for eg I make 120ml or 150 ml ... or even 90ml sometimes depending on my bb appetite

Yes it's ok to warm boil cool water. Right temperature refers to not too hot as it will destroy the nutrients ..I only agar agar as long as not too hot not too cold can already I will pour on my hand to test. If cold weather make abit warmer. If hot weather then slightly warmer than room temp will do...

Actually for me. If the bottle only has 1 60ml mark. I am ok with making 1 60ml to 5 scoop of milk... I feel it's alright to let bb drink abit more water. But each parent different thinking.

Anyway water no need be very exact too. Juz slightly below the 160ml mark will do if u dun wan make 1 60ml. They are 6mths already so it's ok... unlike newborn we have to b very careful ...
agreed with u too, cos at 6 mths there isn't really a need to be so cautious abt the osmotic load. It is perfectly ok to add a teeny weeny bit more water than needed

acty having all these samples are screaming to me "mixed feeding!!" I think with the samples I can acty do that for another 6 mths and from 1 yr onward, give fresh milk

acty having all these samples are screaming to me "mixed feeding!!" I think with the samples I can acty do that for another 6 mths and from 1 yr onward, give fresh milk
mixed feeding ? the only mixed feeding i have is BM + FM aka enfamil .. i usually give away those sample which i dun need i stick to the brand i use :p

1 year onward give fresh milk ? my boy still taking the FM for his age ... lolz .. think i will give fresh milk after finishing all the stocks lolz

Hahaha, same for me... My boy also just book his 6in1 and pneumococcal jab today...

yes 1 scoop to 30 ml of water. this is also the same for NAN HA. U can prepare 150ml, no worries. What I do is to put about 20-25% boiling water to 75%-80% room temp water. the temperature seems abt just nice to me. I test the temperature by dripping some milk to my wrist. so for 150ml, I'd add abt 30ml of boiling water to 120ml of room temp water.

Eh, I thought ur LO is tbf??

My intention is also to start fresh milk after he turns 12 months... Already half way there!!!

Hahaha, same for me... My boy also just book his 6in1 and pneumococcal jab today...

Eh, I thought ur LO is tbf??

My intention is also to start fresh milk after he turns 12 months... Already half way there!!!
initially when she had BM jaundice I gave her FM. Now on and off I give her FM also , like when I go out. She gets FM on some nights also cos it's really faster to make.

I salute moms who pump 6-7 times a day for a yr or more. And each pump session is 30 mins .At 4 pumps a day @ abt 15 mins each I am also feeling sian
i only pump 2-3 times at 20mins each i also sian :p
i envy that they have such pro family bosses ...

when i start come back work ..i only pump 2 times at 20 mins + 5 mins to pack up at nursing room.. my boss already expressed some unhappiness and ask why i kept disappearing :s
but on the other hand tell me i should feed my children more BM cos they are better than FM
...doesnt he understand demand and supply work hand in hand .. if no demand where to get bm
if no pump on regular why would the body supply more bm .. haiz so contradict
he tot the breast is like vending machine..just press and automatic got enuff milk lolz

i only pump 2-3 times at 20mins each i also sian :p
i envy that they have such pro family bosses ...

when i start come back work ..i only pump 2 times at 20 mins + 5 mins to pack up at nursing room.. my boss already expressed some unhappiness and ask why i kept disappearing :s
but on the other hand tell me i should feed my children more BM cos they are better than FM
...doesnt he understand demand and supply work hand in hand .. if no demand where to get bm
if no pump on regular why would the body supply more bm .. haiz so contradict
he tot the breast is like vending machine..just press and automatic got enuff milk lolz
I wish it's like a vending machine... then I won't feel like I am getting milked dry

I salute moms who pump 6-7 times a day for a yr or more. And each pump session is 30 mins .At 4 pumps a day @ abt 15 mins each I am also feeling sian
I think @ecym is still pumping at this frequency though she is slowing down...

I pump 2x also feeling damn sian... on weekends I sometimes don't even feel like pumping at all... don't know how that drey drey yeo can keep on pumping for so long....

I pump 2x also feeling damn sian... on weekends I sometimes don't even feel like pumping at all... don't know how that drey drey yeo can keep on pumping for so long....

I pump 2 times at work when normal working day and 3 times when it is a full day (meaning 9am-10pm kind).. Hate pumping, but I like latching my lo, and still latch twice a day, te very first and last feed of his day. If I don't pump at work... Then I think milk will dry up and cannot latch him anymore. Sometimes I very tired and will think when will this gui ri zi end.
Planning to quit next year after I get my year end bonus.
But of cos by next year should no longer be bf.

I'm still pumping 6-7x a day, which I'm ok with when I get decent yield, but over here I'm consistently only getting 50-90 ml per pump, instead of my usual 110-140ml, so that is super demoralizing. Haiz. Feel like half my holiday is spent pumping n washing bottles, n with my reduced yield I try to do power pumping sometimes n that's 45 mins to 1 hr each session! :eek: Think perhaps I'm dehydrated from the weather. Hopefully my yield will resume when I'm back in SG.

have u checked ur pump parts

Could be that, heard that the membranes get thinner with repeated sterilization. I have bought one new set here, will try it out when I get home.

hi - can you give me your GE insurance agent contact?

Thanks.

Sure, u can look for Lilian @ 9026 2088.

but u DL sometimes? on Saturday I went to kacau LO. I put her close to my breast to see if she'd latch..she started to whine lollll

I'm still pumping 6-7x a day, which I'm ok with when I get decent yield, but over here I'm consistently only getting 50-90 ml per pump, instead of my usual 110-140ml, so that is super demoralizing. Haiz. Feel like half my holiday is spent pumping n washing bottles, n with my reduced yield I try to do power pumping sometimes n that's 45 mins to 1 hr each session! :eek: Think perhaps I'm dehydrated from the weather. Hopefully my yield will resume when I'm back in SG.

Could be that, heard that the membranes get thinner with repeated sterilization. I have bought one new set here, will try it out when I get home.

Sure, u can look for Lilian @ 9026 2088.
u use the pisa or fs? one side of my fs membrane is spoilt lor. thank god I got the additional spare parts when I bought the pump last yr

but u DL sometimes? on Saturday I went to kacau LO. I put her close to my breast to see if she'd latch..she started to whine lollll
I DL whenever I am with him...

The prob with my LO and DL is that the moment I offer, he will take it, even though he is full, he had just eaten... He also wanna latch don't wanna let go.. sometimes he comfort latch and I unlatch him he will kpkb, then I have to latch him again.....

u use the pisa or fs? one side of my fs membrane is spoilt lor. thank god I got the additional spare parts when I bought the pump last yr
The membrane for my office set is also torn... didn't realise it until today, so have to bring spare membrane to office to change tmr... hope I remember...

The prob with my LO and DL is that the moment I offer, he will take it, even though he is full, he had just eaten... He also wanna latch don't wanna let go.. sometimes he comfort latch and I unlatch him he will kpkb, then I have to latch him again.....

The membrane for my office set is also torn... didn't realise it until today, so have to bring spare membrane to office to change tmr... hope I remember...

at least he just latch dun let go.. my gal latch if no more milk .. she will bite and/or pull ..as though biting and pulling, milk come .. so painful
anyway i only latch if she is very hungry and kpkb cos to heat up EBM or make FM take times ... lolz

put it in ur bag first!!!

now i pumping 5X a day lo but slightly longer duration 27-28mins compared to 25mins cuz I scare blockages...with 5x, my daily output in fact increased! Jialat i need more time to drop no of pumps... sigh

Could be that, heard that the membranes get thinner with repeated sterilization. I have bought one new set here, will try it out when I get home..
I am still using the FS membranes from 4 yrs ago... not thinner leh... but I have two sets and I dun sterilize every use, like that consider once every two days? My membranes are ok but the hinges that locked the membrances have cracks liao (on both sets)...so gotta be gentle to them I left 1 more month of pumping business to tong!

now i pumping 5X a day lo but slightly longer duration 27-28mins compared to 25mins cuz I scare blockages...with 5x, my daily output in fact increased! Jialat i need more time to drop no of pumps... sigh

I am still using the FS membranes from 4 yrs ago... not thinner leh... but I have two sets and I dun sterilize every use, like that consider once every two days? My membranes are ok but the hinges that locked the membrances have cracks liao (on both sets)...so gotta be gentle to them I left 1 more month of pumping business to tong!
I think it hardens after prolonged exposure to heat.

Anyone using pigeon rapid steriliser?

After sterilising the bottles and stuffs, they're wet... So do we keep them inside until need to use or do we take out and let them airdry? But airdry won't it expose to outside air and dirty it?

Ahh I'm so glad that the 2nd bottle of FM i prepared was accepted by my LO! Tried in the morning and poured away all 160ml of FM as she refused and cried so badly that I gave in as I need to prepare lunch. Then tried again in the afternoon and she took the bottle only after I carried her and walked around the house and she end up falling asleep after taking only about 70ml. Actually I never known how much she takes because she direct latch since birth.

Well I guess thats all for bottle feeding today and hope she is able to take the bottle and finish more milk tomorrow! So stressed :/

佩服 on your pump frequency... I think if I am on holiday, will completely switch off on pumping!!!

Eat and drink more!! I think the weather should be quite dry, and somemore unfamiliar place, 水土不足, so that's why supply drop...

Come back SG and whack all the milk boosters!

Anyone using pigeon rapid steriliser?

After sterilising the bottles and stuffs, they're wet... So do we keep them inside until need to use or do we take out and let them airdry? But airdry won't it expose to outside air and dirty it?

Ahh I'm so glad that the 2nd bottle of FM i prepared was accepted by my LO! Tried in the morning and poured away all 160ml of FM as she refused and cried so badly that I gave in as I need to prepare lunch. Then tried again in the afternoon and she took the bottle only after I carried her and walked around the house and she end up falling asleep after taking only about 70ml. Actually I never known how much she takes because she direct latch since birth.

Well I guess thats all for bottle feeding today and hope she is able to take the bottle and finish more milk tomorrow! So stressed :/

Not using Pigeon, but I use a steam steriliser. I just leave it inside until I need to use it. My MIL (who is LO's caregiver while I'm at work) will take it out and put it in a clean container and seal it...

Hi mummy, anyone of you make puree for your lo? What blender are you using? I am thinking of using normal Philip blender. Do you think it will work? Or hand blender is better?

Back