(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Anyone here started giving bby solid food? When to start giving? My mother pestering me to give liao... Baby is 3 months plus...

Usually it's recommended that baby starts solid food when they are able to sit up with good head support, show interests in food and no more tongue reflex, I will only start when my baby turns 6 months old, can't wait though :D

I saw this being shared on fb, on what are the solids that we can prepare for babies, it's quite good for reference: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...1073741830.457746931024317&type=1&pnref=story

Anyone using freemie but with spectra pump?
I was trying out as plan to use freemie when I back to work
But my yield is much lower than using flange and my breast was actually not empty I still need to hand express out
Any help or advice how to improve?

Yah I use freemie in office, but is unable to pump out fully one... Improved yield with stronger power but breasts will be pain.. And still cannot fully pump out one.

Yah I use freemie in office, but is unable to pump out fully one... Improved yield with stronger power but breasts will be pain.. And still cannot fully pump out one.

Thanks
Yesterday hb help me cut the freemie tube to shorter
The yield with same power but better output
But still cannot fully pump out

Hi all my first post in this thread. Baby is 4months old already so fast! Anyway just to share i am using freemie at work as well. Need to pump double the time to clear my breast and get same yield as using flangs

Oh my god
My lo be coming 3months this week
Suddenly now doesn't want to sleep at night
Was awake from 1 am to now finally coax him to sleep
Does this happen to you all?
Last week till now he having growth spurt.. Been drinking alot.. But I tot it last a few days?
Sigh.. Worse part is lo now prefer helper to carry than me..

Oh my god
My lo be coming 3months this week
Suddenly now doesn't want to sleep at night
Was awake from 1 am to now finally coax him to sleep
Does this happen to you all?
Last week till now he having growth spurt.. Been drinking alot.. But I tot it last a few days?
Sigh.. Worse part is lo now prefer helper to carry than me..

* pat pat*, try to feed him and do other baby related stuff w him once you back home everyday to build bonding?

* pat pat*, try to feed him and do other baby related stuff w him once you back home everyday to build bonding?
Sigh.. I have not even go back to work.. Starting in June
And Helper Jus here for a week already buy his heart... Sad la
Maybe helper more meaty nicer to lie on..

Anyone here started giving bby solid food? When to start giving? My mother pestering me to give liao... Baby is 3 months plus...

Wait till after 4 months at the very minimum... but best to ask PD for advice. If your mum keep pestering you, then just tell her PD say too young to give now.

Help! Forgot to bring cooler gel pack out today, where got sell? Is it avail at guardian/watsons/japan home kind of shops? Or supermarket?

to share with you a summary of what I discussed with my PD yesterday. We can start giving solids when LO can sit properly and shows an interest in our food. so u can try to give solids at 5 mths ish if LO is showing signs of interest. It is a continuum and its not like you can give it only when LO is 6 mth and not 5 mths 26 days. 3 mths plus - a bit premature.

Help! Forgot to bring cooler gel pack out today, where got sell? Is it avail at guardian/watsons/japan home kind of shops? Or supermarket?

A bit too late for u, but the last time I forgot to bring ice pack out, what I did was to soak a lot of toilet roll paper in water cooler cold water, and wrap around the bottles or milkbags (put in plastic bag to prevent soaking your bag).... It survived 3 hours from 11+ to 3plus until I got home and remained cool throughout.

Japan home selling.
Thanks all for the replies. I went japan home and guardian yday as near my workplace. Both don't have. Guardian says theirs sold out, japan home salesperson say don't have and ask me go daiso lol. In the end I just take out from fridge when I gg home and put in the cooler bag lucky when I got home 1hr later it was still quite cool...

A bit too late for u, but the last time I forgot to bring ice pack out, what I did was to soak a lot of toilet roll paper in water cooler cold water, and wrap around the bottles or milkbags (put in plastic bag to prevent soaking your bag).... It survived 3 hours from 11+ to 3plus until I got home and remained cool throughout.

That's a good idea. I was wondering where to buy ice yday.. Got Mac nearby but dunno how to go asking for ice fr them..

Coming to 3 months this week does your lo sleep lesser?
1. My lo dun sleep much in the day since last week
2. He use to sleep thru the night with only wake up one feed. Nowadays he wake up at 4 am and eyes big big
3. What do you all play with your lo in the day? Almost when he is awake he want all time ppl attention
Is mine bb normal?

Coming to 3 months this week does your lo sleep lesser?
1. My lo dun sleep much in the day since last week
2. He use to sleep thru the night with only wake up one feed. Nowadays he wake up at 4 am and eyes big big
3. What do you all play with your lo in the day? Almost when he is awake he want all time ppl attention
Is mine bb normal?
Hi, my gal is 4.5mth now, she has more or less establish a routine coz I am back at work.
Her schedule:
6am - wake up, feed
7am - reach my mum's hse, bath, play for a while and sleep
10/11am - feed and play for around 1.5hrs then sleep
2/3pm - feed and play and nap
5/6pm - normally she will wake up and play till we come back around 6+ and we feed her
7pm - reach home, bath/wipe then play with her for a while and nap at 8+
11pm - last feed, sometimes she nvr wake up, we dream feed her
routine restart again next day at 6am!

Everyday I pray she sleep thru the night, haha she does wake up a while but normally a pacifier and a few pats will do the job.

and for play, I normally let her play by herself, I place her on the play gym and dangle all sorts of toys for her to see and grab. I been doing that since she is 2mths old, now 4mths, she will grab those toys and eat them... haha This can keep her entertain for 30mins at least, but now she know how to flip, sometimes I just let her flip and let her do her thing until she cry for help.

My mum do the same thing as me, she let me gal sit on rocker and dangle toy for her to play.

and for play, I normally let her play by herself, I place her on the play gym and dangle all sorts of toys for her to see and grab. I been doing that since she is 2mths old, now 4mths, she will grab those toys and eat them... haha This can keep her entertain for 30mins at least, but now she know how to flip, sometimes I just let her flip and let her do her thing until she cry for help.

My mum do the same thing as me, she let me gal sit on rocker and dangle toy for her to play.
I let my lo play this too.. Ya for a while then start crying for attention..

Hi, my gal is 4.5mth now, she has more or less establish a routine coz I am back at work.
Her schedule:
6am - wake up, feed
7am - reach my mum's hse, bath, play for a while and sleep
10/11am - feed and play for around 1.5hrs then sleep
2/3pm - feed and play and nap
5/6pm - normally she will wake up and play till we come back around 6+ and we feed her
7pm - reach home, bath/wipe then play with her for a while and nap at 8+
11pm - last feed, sometimes she nvr wake up, we dream feed her
routine restart again next day at 6am!

Everyday I pray she sleep thru the night, haha she does wake up a while but normally a pacifier and a few pats will do the job.

Mine use to be this way until last week.. All the pattern change
Is it normal?

Mine use to be this way until last week.. All the pattern change
Is it normal?
All different now? he doesn't nap tt much during the day? Maybe weather too hot? My gal couldn't sleep well last wk during the day as it's too stuffy and hot to sleep in the bb cot, after shifting to yaolan with this mesh like sarong, she sleep better.

When is his last feed? Maybe try readjusting his timing so he doesnt wake up at 4am?

All different now? he doesn't nap tt much during the day? Maybe weather too hot? My gal couldn't sleep well last wk during the day as it's too stuffy and hot to sleep in the bb cot, after shifting to yaolan with this mesh like sarong, she sleep better.

When is his last feed? Maybe try readjusting his timing so he doesnt wake up at 4am?

Mine lo last week refuse yao lan only want helper carry to sleep
Doesn't nap much, even manage to nap wouldn't be as long as the past.. Nap 20-30mins and will wake up..
Going crazy..
His last feed at 8pm
Will normally wake up around 1-2am for another then next one be 7-8am

does you LO always feed play sleep? my girl will feed den sleep and wake up to play.. or sometimes feed > play > feed > sleep..

Thanks all for the replies. I went japan home and guardian yday as near my workplace. Both don't have. Guardian says theirs sold out, japan home salesperson say don't have and ask me go daiso lol. In the end I just take out from fridge when I gg home and put in the cooler bag lucky when I got home 1hr later it was still quite cool...
I bought 2 packs from japan home

does you LO always feed play sleep? my girl will feed den sleep and wake up to play.. or sometimes feed > play > feed > sleep..

My lo like urs..so i alternate also. If after milk he play, talk2 then next feed will try to make him nap..his nap also 1 hr kind..max 2hrs.

super sad , I am starting to drop a lot of hair this week. I thought I'd be spared but sadly...no

I can feel you.. mine also dropping. so sad :( dun really like washing and combing my hair anymore. colleague also notice my hair balding.. haiz
u back to work already?

I can feel you.. mine also dropping. so sad :( dun really like washing and combing my hair anymore. colleague also notice my hair balding.. haiz
u back to work already?
Omg me too. I dread washing my hair nw! :(((

Even no wash hair I muz sweep my floor everyday ...

So sad..

I tie up my hair usually as weather so hot but the floor always has lots of hair... so sad.

N when I tie I can feel my ponytail getting smaller n smaller ...

Any mummies done lasik during breastfeeding? Can we still breastfeed with those antibiotics and anti-inflammation eye drops we putting?

My LO rejects my frozen breastmilk and I have to resort to giving fm which makes me very upset..

anyone bought baby food processor, baby bowls or things like that?

I thought of buying a good blender with extra jug. One jug for cooking and another for baby food and smoothie.

I wanna buy baby bowls and spoon too. My 4+mth boy is constantly crying nowadays. He seems so hungry. Whenever I feed him, he will drink it up so fast. Like, I starve him for days like that.

I feed him 140ml every 2 hours and he will cry, asking for more! His first feed at 6.30am, he can finish up 210ml at one go. Am trying to pace him, not too much milk.

Actually, I aim to give him puree at 6mths. Now, maybe, I will introduce it a lil earlier at around 5 mths.

what you ladies think?

Back