(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

That said, in the US, drop railings have actually been banned cos of too many cot accidents...

Hmm I saw a similar cot at marina square mother care I think.. U can go there and check out the railings can be pulled over and shift from left to right ..

I think if got the actual set up we shd go check and see if the baby cot is sturdy enough.. Some like quite flimsy whereas some so heavy become not practical to move around type

This cot looks good! I was looking at it yesterday. But mummies, do note that the cot railings cannot be moved up and down. So it might be difficult to change baby in the cot with the rails blocking our arms. I will definitely choose one with movable rails for the sake of numerous diaper change during the first three months. My boy had 20 poo poo in 24 hours during his first month! :)

How abt a cot with a changing station on top? Kinda like this:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 143
How abt a cot with a changing station on top? Kinda like this:

This is good! But same thing, never leave baby unattended, we never know when they can flip. Some hubbies tend to do that. Think i scolded hubby uncountable times for leaving the drop railing down with baby in it. So should we get playpen instead hor? But very stuffy to sleep in it without aircon. Lol

I am also considering this nuna sena mini. Only 88cm long. Maybe get a separate changing unit. Any inputs mummies?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 124
Ooh i nv see the swing to the side type before too.. Mine is the movable railing type too.. Vv useful in my opinion.. But yes sometimes will forget to pull up.. And also must make sure it is secured.. Got once i pull up n didnt realise it wasnt secured.. So when my son lean over the railing gave way & he fell over.. Lucky never hurt himself..

i think i will probably just get a cot and a changing table

Changing table has so many types too. I cannot decide between those bath unit or stand alone wooden table which looks more sturdy. Oh, there is also wooden cot top changer!

Need to go and read reviews already. All the big ticket items! :p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 142
Ooh i nv see the swing to the side type before too.. Mine is the movable railing type too.. Vv useful in my opinion.. But yes sometimes will forget to pull up.. And also must make sure it is secured.. Got once i pull up n didnt realise it wasnt secured.. So when my son lean over the railing gave way & he fell over.. Lucky never hurt himself..

Ya! The height is at our waist and so easy to change them after bath and all. No backaches! The drop railing sometimes annoyed me when it got stucked too. Maybe need to oil after a while. Lol.. But the danger is there. Must be extra vigilant.

I also have the combi rashule high low chair. But the height is not ideal for changing. I got backaches..

Wow. New technology. Never see before. But looks like it may kiap baby's hands when they are bigger and active. Really lots of pros and cons in every product. I am so used to changing with drop side railing that i feel like buying a cot just tor changing. Baby definitely co-sleeping with me.
must see the price of that liao lolz
Good afternoon... no mood today.. cos going to the stupid course again later at 2pm.. but today, clever liao. Going to bring my fully charged iPad there... hiak hiak..
got bring charger bo lolz

This looks nice. Not very ex leh. Hmm..thinking of getting this kind also instead of wooden cot. Pros and cons anyone?

Good thing about playpen is it is much more compact. Doesn't take up too much space. And it comes with this changer on top which is useful. But the changer can be used until 3 months old then need to find another place to change diaper. No need to worry about drop side railing. But it will not be as sturdy as wooden cot. Rather shaky. Warm to sleep in too. I saw my cousin perspired so much. Fabric wise, washable is good but must wash often else it traps lots of dust.

Ya I think temporary is ok..but when baby is bigger need to change..won't be able to take baby's weight as well as cot..

While we are at this cot/playpen topic, thought of sharing my thoughts on cot bumpers. I feel it is not necessary to get one. It can never stay in place when baby gets older because he/she will kick so much and tug at it. Chances of baby bumping head on cot is in fact really really slim. And even if it happens, it doesn't hurt them. Haha.. It traps dust and blocks the wind. Gives me more stuff to wash! Lol :p

Changing table has so many types too. I cannot decide between those bath unit or stand alone wooden table which looks more sturdy. Oh, there is also wooden cot top changer!

Need to go and read reviews already. All the big ticket items! :p

Just to share my experience for my past 2, we don't use change table cos they outgrow it too fast.. When they start to turn, is hard to put them still. I have friend child who fell from change table before.. Too fast for the mum the react..
Usually I will have changing pad, either change bb in my playpen, top layer but beginning quite strenuous to our back, so I ended up prefer to change them on my bed.. Those cream, oil, powder I put them in a box so can carry around..
I saw a mum post a plan pen w changing table attached, in the end I didn't even use once... With the changing table attachment, the playpen cost more about $150, without that u can get the playpen at $100-110...

While we are at this cot/playpen topic, thought of sharing my thoughts on cot bumpers. I feel it is not necessary to get one. It can never stay in place when baby gets older because he/she will kick so much and tug at it. Chances of baby bumping head on cot is in fact really really slim. And even if it happens, it doesn't hurt them. Haha.. It traps dust and blocks the wind. Gives me more stuff to wash! Lol :p
But some bumpers are very nice leh..hahahhaa. I get what u mean though..

Haah those nice bed sheets all comes with cot bumpers! Wanna get one without + design I like also tough.. And yes I removed most of the cot bumpers quite early on too.. because baby like always vv hot.. (we dont sleep in aircon).. but i think still good to put when they are young..

Haah those nice bed sheets all comes with cot bumpers! Wanna get one without + design I like also tough.. And yes I removed most of the cot bumpers quite early on too.. because baby like always vv hot.. (we dont sleep in aircon).. but i think still good to put when they are young..

Same! I got them in a set too. About $89.90 per set I remember! And those designs very nice. But i laundered them every week plus wiped the cot every few days until I got so tired. Then I realised it's only for decor, served me no purpose. :D

Just to share my experience for my past 2, we don't use change table cos they outgrow it too fast.. When they start to turn, is hard to put them still. I have friend child who fell from change table before.. Too fast for the mum the react..
Usually I will have changing pad, either change bb in my playpen, top layer but beginning quite strenuous to our back, so I ended up prefer to change them on my bed.. Those cream, oil, powder I put them in a box so can carry around..
I saw a mum post a plan pen w changing table attached, in the end I didn't even use once... With the changing table attachment, the playpen cost more about $150, without that u can get the playpen at $100-110...

So scary! I better think twice about the changing unit then. I don't want anything hazardous in my house. Perhaps I should just get a cot... At least I am familiar with it.

So scary! I better think twice about the changing unit then. I don't want anything hazardous in my house. Perhaps I should just get a cot... At least I am familiar with it.

Yup me too.! scary if bb fall off the changing table. Better play safe and change on my bed lol

Lol seems like so many things yet nothing really can satisfy and fit the safety requirement.. Think I shall hold back the pre order since baby fair quite often right..

Anyone still using those Yao lan? Nowadays ceiling all machiam false one don't even seem viable to drill any hole lol

Ya lo... Lucky the boy after go A&E after check no prob. After that incident, the HB so upset and throw the change table away.. If I rem is branded and only few months old.. So wasted..
My mil and mum all very old fashion, they don't like changing or letting bb sleep at high area.. They rather let them sleep on "ti lum", change on bed etc... Less hazardous.. Lol

Lol seems like so many things yet nothing really can satisfy and fit the safety requirement.. Think I shall hold back the pre order since baby fair quite often right..

Anyone still using those Yao lan? Nowadays ceiling all machiam false one don't even seem viable to drill any hole lol

Yes, we were on this topic before...my 2 girls sleep on Yao LAN last time, but only nap time, placing a mattress below just in case they wake u without our knowing.. My mum place one is drill to ceiling, my place is using the portable type... They can sleep longer in it cos quite cooling and they like to be wrap in it..

Yes, we were on this topic before...my 2 girls sleep on Yao LAN last time, but only nap time, placing a mattress below just in case they wake u without our knowing.. My mum place one is drill to ceiling, my place is using the portable type... They can sleep longer in it cos quite cooling and they like to be wrap in it..

U have any pic of the portable type

U have any pic of the portable type
Ya like baileycookie posted.. Mine is in pink frame.. I lend to my friend, only take back From her end of the year.. Is a pass down from a friend too.. So I don't need to buy.. If really if u need to buy, u can get automatic kind.. It shake for u... My nephew using now..

Back