(2014) ivf mummies support group

ic, yes currently my gynae is my ivf doc. actually i didn chose him in clinic d cause i am subisides referred by polyclinic so by right every visit at clinic d i may not see him too though he is my doc in charge but lucky so far from start even before i start ivf i manage to see him in every aptm. so i can say i follow him throughout. can eat yogurt? what type? those meiji strawberry low fat also can?

ivf mummies,
I am getting a kind of worried. Tested bfp & was discharged for OHSS last fri, 14.03.14.
On last sat, was still not able to button up but just now I can actually buttoned up. It's seen that the tummy has flattened quite a bit.
There's also not much symptoms other than the fact I get hungry & tired more easily but not as much since yesterday.
Also notice discharge of thick, a bit yellowish mucus these few days.

Any advice? Thank you.

ic, yes currently my gynae is my ivf doc. actually i didn chose him in clinic d cause i am subisides referred by polyclinic so by right every visit at clinic d i may not see him too though he is my doc in charge but lucky so far from start even before i start ivf i manage to see him in every aptm. so i can say i follow him throughout. can eat yogurt? what type? those meiji strawberry low fat also can?

Yup can eat yoghurt I think any type also can. If u are a coffee drinker limit urself to 2 cups of coffee or tea per day. Rite nw u shld take folic acid n vitamin A. Vitamins A is for normal growth n vision can be found in green vegetables, eggs, milk, red/yellow fruits. For calcium u can take yoghurt, cheese, fish with edible bones like sardines, Iran bilis, broccoli, spinach, nuts. N don't take too much sugar drink coz might get the gestational diabetes.

ivf mummies,
I am getting a kind of worried. Tested bfp & was discharged for OHSS last fri, 14.03.14.
On last sat, was still not able to button up but just now I can actually buttoned up. It's seen that the tummy has flattened quite a bit.
There's also not much symptoms other than the fact I get hungry & tired more easily but not as much since yesterday.
Also notice discharge of thick, a bit yellowish mucus these few days.

Any advice? Thank you.

I think is normal ba. U can try search online abt the yellow mucus. I only remember will have more discharge during ur pregnancy but duno what colour. Try to wear loose clothing dun wear any tight jeans or pants not good.

I think is normal ba. U can try search online abt the yellow mucus. I only remember will have more discharge during ur pregnancy but duno what colour. Try to wear loose clothing dun wear any tight jeans or pants not good.

Tummy flattening down is alright?
Last nite only woke up to pee once. Earlier nights was like at least 3 times.

Yue, it could really be ok. I was at my tcm doc on Tues. Also had a lot of symptoms. I was worried cos I read that symptoms will only worsen until we cross 1st trimester.

She says for some ladies, they get it worse in the beginning cos body not used to the changes. Once adapted then it will be fine, don't need to wait til end of 1st trimester.

Maybe you are one of them. Your own body finding a way to get used and live together with the hormonal changes.

Yue u also bfp on 14 mar?
So now u also in week 5?
Circle n I also same date bfp 14 mar.
I also have yellow mucus sometime. I don't know what is it too.
But my color keep changing.. Can have clear with pink or yellow brown or brown red.
Of coz I hate brown red n pray it stay away from me till I give birth.. Haha

This morning I also saw brownish mucus. Gave me a scare. Like a clot of jelly. Now trying to lie down more and somehow more nausea. Cramps also seems to be more frequent. Trying not to scare myself. Hahaha!

Anyone else got this feeling? Like your heart will skip a beat or it feels like the heart drop (as in u sitting on a very quick roller coaster). Keep getting that 'heart drop' feeling. Hahaha. Maybe the heart is trying to work harder to pump more blood to beanies.

Hey ladies, don't mind share with me what you eat and how many meals you had daily. Iwantahealthybaby, you have 3 meals daily only. Btw I have no symptoms ever since I told you all that day.. Now not giddy, all nothing. Very worried. Hope is that my body has become strong and little bean is ok.

Last edited:
Just now during lunch time, I wanted to buy bread to standby if tea time hungry can eat. Then my colleague was asking me how come need to standby food, lunch not full meh. I really don't know how to answer, just keep quiet :(

Tummy flattening down is alright?
Last nite only woke up to pee once. Earlier nights was like at least 3 times.

What I was told is sometime the tummy maybe big in the night then the next morning is big again. If not u can always measure ur waist everyday see got grow anot haha

Yue, it could really be ok. I was at my tcm doc on Tues. Also had a lot of symptoms. I was worried cos I read that symptoms will only worsen until we cross 1st trimester.

She says for some ladies, they get it worse in the beginning cos body not used to the changes. Once adapted then it will be fine, don't need to wait til end of 1st trimester.

Maybe you are one of them. Your own body finding a way to get used and live together with the hormonal changes.

Thanks, circle. Have symptoms worry, diminishing symptoms also worry.

Yue u also bfp on 14 mar?
So now u also in week 5?
Circle n I also same date bfp 14 mar.
I also have yellow mucus sometime. I don't know what is it too.
But my color keep changing.. Can have clear with pink or yellow brown or brown red.
Of coz I hate brown red n pray it stay away from me till I give birth.. Haha

Yeah, bt was supposed to be also on 14-Mar but I got admitted for OHSS.
How do we calculate the dates? Using ivf.ca, enter the date that we did the ER?

@LynnCandy I eat bread and egg now for breakfast. Then at work before lunch I snack on a apple or orange. Then lunch eat a meal, then tea time I usually eat hot desserts I bought back during lunch or another packet of fruits like guava. Then dinner then night before sleep if hungry will eat biscuits or just drink water. Haven't start drinking milk cause I put on weight easily. I intend to get packet soya milk though. Think less fattening.

Ya @circlecircle I thought I heard my tcm say if body can adapt to the sudden hormone change then won't feel much pregnancy effects. I told her my only symptoms if have is wake up in middle night pee. She say this is symptoms already. She ask if I am hungry easily but the thing is I eat more when I wasn't pregnant. Now that I pregnant I doesn't want to exert pressure on tummy. Previously I can eat lots of junk food and tibits every hour lol. So I do feel hungry but don't know due to bb asking for more food or cause my intake really lessen. TCM ask if I feel cramp or pain in stomach but I don't have any. I only constipate but even before preg I got this constipation problem.

Never a day I my mind is off the worries. There sure will be a certain time where the negative thoughts set in. And I believe like any other sisters, whenever go toilet so fear of seeing something we don't want to see.

Sometimes the symptoms vary de. If today u get this symptoms then tml maybe u dun have then next few days the symptoms come back again. This was told by those experience mummies :) if got cramp then no bleeding then shows that ur womb is stretching to make space for the bb so it maybe last 1 or 2 days then stop then u will feel again the pain. But too much pain plus got bleeding then is no good le.

Haha. . So meaning we are all eating about the same amount of meals. I will eat oats for breakfast, but today I ate japanese bun. About 11am a bit hungry so ate 'saw da bia' old granny always eat those type. 12.30pm ate kway tiao soup. Tea sometime I skip then dinner. Before I go to sleep I might drink low fat oat fresh milk very yummy but also depending on my mood. Actually I see myself eating more than 3 meals really felt very scary.
Btw I don't feel tired just that I will keep on yawning.
I think we all have the same fear everytime we go toilet.
Kitkats are you better already? Circle your gastric better?
Yesterday I had gastric, think it's because i was too busy.

My gastric comes and goes. Last time it came was yesterday. Not the full scale gastric. Just a bit of cramp so hurriedly stuff some food.

Still not much appetite but I think beanie likes mac. Managed to finish a whole double cheeseburger over 2 meals (90 mins apart). The most I have eaten of late...

Lynn candy, tmr is your scan right???

My gastric comes and goes. Last time it came was yesterday. Not the full scale gastric. Just a bit of cramp so hurriedly stuff some food.

Still not much appetite but I think beanie likes mac. Managed to finish a whole double cheeseburger over 2 meals (90 mins apart). The most I have eaten of late...

Lynn candy, tmr is your scan right???
Mine is after yours on 27 Mar, although my bfp is same as iwantahealthybaby. Dr S schedules are all packed and that is the earliest date. I think I will be week 7 by then.

My little bean Likes to eat McDonald's too. I have been craving for fish burger from mos, McDonald's & etc. But so far I still have not eaten any fish burger from mcd.

I don't eat pork and my husband loves pork. Hopes beanie don't like pork ;p As I cannot imagine myself eating pork.

Last edited:
Lolx I love pork. But till date I can still eat anything. Not much crave except for fries from mac but maybe cause too long I no eat so feel like eating. Tomorrow I gg family dinner and I officially will inform all members about my pregnancy. Doesn't feel gd to hold back from them. Just pray everything will be fine. I hope my 1st trimester pass soon. But another 6 weeks to go....

Iwantahealthybaby, 6 weeks very fast one. But I thought 1st trimester is until week 14 ?

Last edited:
Actually I thought I heard that too not sure wor. Maybe the other mummies can advice. Whao if until 14 another 2 weeks wait. So many tww for us. :( I m feeling hungry now

Certain ppl when hit week 16 or 18 or 20 can start to feel bb tapping u inside le that's something u can look forward to everyday. In kkh is a waiting game unlike those private gynae on n off u can go back if u find any discomfort. Kkh can save money also coz long time go back for scan

Ya snow I think so too. Don't know Isit normal gynae practice when preg or just kkh. But I see some of my gfs preg they go those women clinic near their house for checkup (usually got package deal) also is one month once. But I don't know if go every week or two weeks once Isit too harmful to bb esp when they conduct transvaginal u/s? I may go find a private outside to do a scan two weeks later instead of waiting for my tps aptm which is 4 weeks later.

just recover from stomach flu, almost need to hospitalised for dehydration. now i know how difficult is those mommy who suffer ms for few weeks. I gain 3kg in week 10 and lost 4kg within 5days. terrible. Even the baby bump also shrink. a bit worry for the little beanie inside....

iwantahealthybaby, congrats!
nidelia, my hcg 1600 also singleton.
yue, my bump normally small in the morning and bloated out at night. dont worry so much, at first trimester our uterus just about a the size of grapefruit

2nd trimester start 13weeks

Thanks sukif. Oh gosh hope u are doing fine now. Try to eat smaller meals now to pickup the weight lost. Bb will be fine :) you are entering 2nd trimester soon. Yeah! I hope my days come soon :) healthy healthy growing well and strong inside my womb :)

Bb_hc your next scan is faster than mine! I did my 1st scan last thur but next scan is 14 April :( actually I cannot see properly heartbeat too. The sonographer didn tell me heartbeat rate too. I cannot wait for next scan. Your next scan at tps?

Bb_hc your next scan is faster than mine! I did my 1st scan last thur but next scan is 14 April :( actually I cannot see properly heartbeat too. The sonographer didn tell me heartbeat rate too. I cannot wait for next scan. Your next scan at tps?
I am at NUH. Actually, mine supposed to be 14th. But I want it on Saturday.

Iwantahealthybaby, are you still on progynova? Doctor only prescribe folic acid and duphaston. And continue with the weekly proluton jab. Stopped the progynova.

Iwantahealthybaby, are you still on progynova? Doctor only prescribe folic acid and duphaston. And continue with the weekly proluton jab. Stopped the progynova.

Just continue with the duphaston n the folic acid that's what the bb need nw so dun take any extra med

I just downloaded it! Android also had the app. Kitkats, what u put as delivery date. Some say 20 Nov. Some say 17 Nov. Confusing

Heehee! Me too. Feels nearer. Those website that calculates based on last AF date would show 20 Nov as due date. But those that allow date of conceiving (which we know based on ER date) shows 17 Nov.

So our beanies are the size of a sweet pea now!

Thanks snow19. Good to have a senior here. Are you on tcm ang tai medicine?

Nope I stop seeing my Tcm once I do my ivf thing. So success I Oso didn't go back to take the an tai medicine. Only purely in duphaston that 1 is western an tai medicine

Back