(2014/11) Nov 2014 Mummies

anyone here already announced the pregnancy to loved ones and friends? Boss? I will be 13 weeks tomorrow and I still dont feel good about announcing.

anyone here already announced the pregnancy to loved ones and friends? Boss? I will be 13 weeks tomorrow and I still dont feel good about announcing.

I also don't intend to... I'll even avoid all relatives when bump start showing... Lesser pple know I feel less stress...

My boss already know since the day i confirm preg. need to inform earlier so that he can start to make arrangements.
close frens n family know lor. other than tat is ppl who spot me getting plump ask then i say. if nt i also no say.
now wk17 le. so i dun mind letting ppl knw if ask lor. becoz the bump is showing. hahaha...

hm... just told immediate family n in-laws + boss (those need to know basis).. planning that if others ask den say, or else let the bump announce..

pooopi, i agree! lesser ppl know, less stress~

Thank u. Ya maybe I should start pui via food. I really hope the spotting will stop as the doc said as long as there is bleeding, there is risk of miscarriage even in 2nd trimester. We freaked out.

Try home-made chicken essence, red dates drink, red bean soup. Don't take cooling stuffs like watermelon, liang veggies eg all the gua, bird's nest is cooling too. I don't see tcm cos I remain very sceptical of them, but if you're really keen, I've seen many IVF-ers see Dr Zou (amk), Dr Su (bukit batok?), Dr TSB (dunno where) & Dr Que (dunno where too). You can get all their contacts by asking over at the IVF support thread (Matters of the Heart sub forum). Hoping this helps.

Last edited:

Only my mum & in-laws know all along. Relatives I just let them figure out but so sian cos Sunday got to go bao ba zhang, sure got kaypoh people ask & my mum told me if people ask, cannot deny existence of baby cos very sway one. Everytime see them also got people ask lor... Friends I've only told one, my best gf. The rest I dun intend to say.

For my case I think almost everyone knows by now. I told my bosses on the day that pregnancy is confirmed coz sometimes I need to lift heavy stuffs at work. I told a few of my close friends. And my relatives asked my mum whom told them. Somehow word spreads and I think the whole world already know.

Hmmm. My hubby juz need me to keep it hush hush for first 3 mths until oscar result clear den he let me announce. Before that,our parents oso duno one. So nw pass the period Liao,basically we let the whole world noe abt it ah.
Even created a album for our baby,he/she deserve one...

Hmmm. My hubby juz need me to keep it hush hush for first 3 mths until oscar result clear den he let me announce. Before that,our parents oso duno one. So nw pass the period Liao,basically we let the whole world noe abt it ah.
Even created a album for our baby,he/she deserve one...

wah what kind of album? like photo album of all the ultrasounds??

well for me I got one important business trip to Beijing next week so I clear that first - by the time I am back I will be 14 weeks + then go for scan appointment at 15th week... everything still ok then I announce to my boss.

well for me I got one important business trip to Beijing next week so I clear that first - by the time I am back I will be 14 weeks + then go for scan appointment at 15th week... everything still ok then I announce to my boss.

ah very nice, go eat 大董烤鸭~

Divineparadise, fb album Loh. All the ultrasound and even my pregnancy kit. Hahaha....so everyone we noe noes already and giving us blessing. (Frdz,family,colleagues and even my students in school)
Told my baby that a lot of aunties uncle love him/her so Muz jiayou and come out say hi to them oso.

I try to stay positive and nt think wat if something went wrong lah.

brnca where is the motherhood fair?

Anyone started buying maternity clothes or baby stuff already? I was at mothers en vogue Centrepoint on Monday and they are having a big sale up to 70%. I bought a very cute dress which can be a maternity and nursing dress. This is like my first purchase.

At first i also thought let bump announce itself but closer colleagues advised my boss is the type who will be offended if she's the last to know type, so i told her lor. They also said must tell her face to face, cannot email

Btw OG selling avent teats so cheap leh! Need the coupon in the mailer tho.

Attachments

• 1401328010861.jpg
    1401328010861.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 180
Hey mummies,
Just curious, for those who visited Dr Zou, did you mention to her the specific gender that you hope to have?

haha... gynae told me the possibility but we're hoping he's wrong.
detailed scan end June

I have a friend who wanted the second child to be a boy and went to dr zou. And they really got a boy.

haha... gynae told me the possibility but we're hoping he's wrong.
detailed scan end June

I have a friend who wanted the second child to be a boy and went to dr zou. And they really got a boy.

But I don't think any specific Gynae can dictate the gender of the baby. It's the sperm of the male that dictates.

Hello everybody, I would like to ask if anybody has good contact for TCM doc for preggy. I convinced thru ivf and am now 14 weeks, started bleeding since week 10, was admitted and till date still on hospitalisation leave. The spotting never stop till date. Apparently according to scan, I have multiple bleed sites and my doc said I am already max on progesterone, weekly jab and orally 3 times a day, the rest is up to my body. My friend asked me to see TCM cos mayb my body too weak and strained carrying twins but I have no contacts at all. Those I know are usually very good with fertility issues but not sure if they can help with my situation. Appreciate if anyone could provide some advise.
Hi. U can try tong ji hospital. Before my pregnancy i went there to 'tiao' but only go once then i pregnant liao. They r very professional. U can check the website.

But I don't think any specific Gynae can dictate the gender of the baby. It's the sperm of the male that dictates.

Gyane cannot choose gender la... But ivf can.. Got one can choose gender.. And also choose those got abnormalities one out and put good one in only... Only fertilized good one... Those is for those who got genetic abnormalities...

Gyane cannot choose gender la... But ivf can.. Got one can choose gender.. And also choose those got abnormalities one out and put good one in only... Only fertilized good one... Those is for those who got genetic abnormalities...

IVF can la. Kekekeke

IVF can la. Kekekeke

Correct me if I'm wrong - only allowed for couples with genetics issues, cannot choose the option of PGD just cos the IVF couple wants a certain gender. At least not in govt hospitals, maybe it's ok in private. Can always go overseas do though~

Correct me if I'm wrong - only allowed for couples with genetics issues, cannot choose the option of PGD just cos the IVF couple wants a certain gender. At least not in govt hospitals, maybe it's ok in private. Can always go overseas do though~
Yupers. Not all ivf cases. Most are not allowed. Got to go overseas if wanna choose gender.

But I heard of foreigner throwing away their fertilised eggs after knowing it is girls. So sad!!!!!!!! Feels that it is not right leh.

Yupers. Not all ivf cases. Most are not allowed. Got to go overseas if wanna choose gender.

But I heard of foreigner throwing away their fertilised eggs after knowing it is girls. So sad!!!!!!!! Feels that it is not right leh.

I've read of a British couple who blames IVF on giving them twin boys, made it to British newspaper cos it caused a social backlash. I can't imagine why would anyone who struggles with infertility & conceive through IVF to be so unhappy about getting twin boys just cos they wanted girls. I've heard from NUH IVF nurse she once had a couple (Chinese nationals) who opted out of embryos freezing cos they "dun believe in preservatives"... All kinds of people out there!

Back