(2014/08) August 2014

Im in the fb page.. Thanks so much for diligently following up our requeststo be added in! Really nice of u =)

Wow seems like so many of u have seen the baby's heartbeat... im 6.5 weeks n I'm only seeing the gynae at 7.5.. but yah I'm also very scared like some of u here... Had a miscarriage 3 yrs ago ... n i how all goes well.. its my first so the 3 years of trying was really tough

Wow seems like so many of u have seen the baby's heartbeat... im 6.5 weeks n I'm only seeing the gynae at 7.5.. but yah I'm also very scared like some of u here... Had a miscarriage 3 yrs ago ... n i how all goes well.. its my first so the 3 years of trying was really tough

Relax n no stress ...hope it a sticky preg for u ...

No stress no stress.. this round will be good for u...
I Haven't see my gynae yet... most likely will be able to see him after week 10

Beside nails ...we can't dye n treatment for tri 1 right ...

Hi piggy2008 im a freelance manicurist and i still continue doing nails for ppl but I only uses gelish that are 100% free from normal polishes content therefore it's safe. Don't use normal polish (esp OPI) during pregnancy (even on normal days if you can avoid or make sure the place is very well ventilated) as it contains a lot of harmful chemicals which will harm our health when we inhale the fumes, not to mention the young one inside us.

During my manicurist course period I hv a classmate who was pregnant halfway thru.. by the time our course end (9mths later) she is well into her 3rd trimester and baby is fine. So doing nails is fine, just choose what you use carefully. Cny round the corner even mummy to be wanna be pretty esp when we're all feeling sluggish most of the days with all the preggy symtoms. ;)

Dye hair Idk must wait or wht.. but my preggy fren dye hair too.. their doc say is okay.. so I think shld be fine as well.. just go to a salon tht is well ventilated so that you don't inhale too much chemicals and reduce the frequency to minimise exposure.

I dun need to dye my hair but I need rebonding! Argh....... bad hair days gonna stuck with us for very long!

Last edited:
I just tested positive and get really excited.
Does anyone have recommended for gynae that deliivers at Mt a?

I'm a first time mum so hopefully can find someone that is able to explain more.

Pls also add me to the fact group [email protected]

Hi ladies ,
I m 2nd time mummy.
Been a silent reader since tested positive on 20 dec.
just seen gynae yesterday.
But currently having bad ms.
Going crazy over this ms thingy.
Can add me at fb private group too?

Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Hi Jess_296, what was your embryo/fetal pole measuring at ur first scan where you saw heartbeat? Which week was that?

I managed to see the heartbeat at 6 weeks 1 day.
What was the fetal pole size measurement?

I had my scan this Monday and fetal pole was measuring 3.15mm putting me at 5w6d, and we saw heartbeat. But I'm jus a little concern if it's measuring too small?

I had my scan this Monday and fetal pole was measuring 3.15mm putting me at 5w6d, and we saw heartbeat. But I'm jus a little concern if it's measuring too small?

how many weeks are you based on your last menses period (LMP)? from what I understand, the measurement is used to estimate the number of weeks of pregnancy, so as long as it's not too far off from the LMP, it's not considered too small. eg, I'm 6w+3d based on my LMP, but 6w+1d based on the measurement. but gynae say it's not 100% accurate coz at this pt, any 0.01mm diff will make a diff to the days, so don't get too hung up on it. even then, the LMP also not 100% accurate coz of diff in mensus cycle & ovulation date. don't worry too much as long as ur gynae never raise any concerns. congrats on seeing the heartbeat! think that's the most impt! ;)

anyone showing already?? I look & feel 4-5 mths pregnant sia! I only had to buy maternity clothes when I was 5 mths during first one. this time already need to start changing to maternity wear liao. spent the whole of today digging out my old maternity clothes. super depressing. :(

how many weeks are you based on your last menses period (LMP)? from what I understand, the measurement is used to estimate the number of weeks of pregnancy, so as long as it's not too far off from the LMP, it's not considered too small. eg, I'm 6w+3d based on my LMP, but 6w+1d based on the measurement. but gynae say it's not 100% accurate coz at this pt, any 0.01mm diff will make a diff to the days, so don't get too hung up on it. even then, the LMP also not 100% accurate coz of diff in mensus cycle & ovulation date. don't worry too much as long as ur gynae never raise any concerns. congrats on seeing the heartbeat! think that's the most impt! ;)
Based on ovulation date, I am 6w2d. But fetal pole size was 5w6d, so that's like 3 days behind. Thanks for the assurance on variance of days.

Another concern I hv is my on off spotting. Started last sat evening with red spotting then turned to brown. Went to gynae on mon which is when I saw heartbeat. Now still spotting on off brownish.

Gynae didn't explain the spotting and I didn't ideation much coz was too excited with first seeing a heartbeat.

I'm on ultrogestan and aspirin. Aspirin is prescribed due to my history of recurrent miscarriages, 3 in 13 months.

Was wish try to walk less and lie down more, it helps!!! I oso still have spotting at 9 weeks now. If fresh spotting with cramp call your gynae immediately.

Waiwish not sure if your gynae told u that u can up the dose for utrogesten or duphaston.. my gynae told me at it esp if I see fresh red spotting.

anyone showing already?? I look & feel 4-5 mths pregnant sia! I only had to buy maternity clothes when I was 5 mths during first one. this time already need to start changing to maternity wear liao. spent the whole of today digging out my old maternity clothes. super depressing. :(
*Rise hand*
same here.... Super bloated....

Based on ovulation date, I am 6w2d. But fetal pole size was 5w6d, so that's like 3 days behind. Thanks for the assurance on variance of days.

Another concern I hv is my on off spotting. Started last sat evening with red spotting then turned to brown. Went to gynae on mon which is when I saw heartbeat. Now still spotting on off brownish.

Gynae didn't explain the spotting and I didn't ideation much coz was too excited with first seeing a heartbeat.

I'm on ultrogestan and aspirin. Aspirin is prescribed due to my history of recurrent miscarriages, 3 in 13 months.
Rest as much as possible. Walk less and try not to carry heavy stuffs.

oh no. spotting is always worrying. do take care & get more bed rest! go see gynae immediately if there's increase in spotting or fresh blood.

Try not to squat when u have spotting. I use to spot for my #1 too. As long as it's not fresh red blood u should be fine. So fine don worry too much. Anyway when I spotted for my #1 I din really have bed rest. In fact gynae nv gimme extended mc for tt. Just make sure u have ample rest and don carry heavy stuffs will do.

Anyway English med term says u r internal lining is shedding during implantation.

Chinese tcm says womb not strong enough. My mum use to make gao li shen (高丽参)with rice water when I spot. It did help though.

Total feels u :))

Last edited:

How many weeks are you now kopibeanie?

Me too! Tummy looks bigger this time round. When I hav my #1 4months people still can't tell. Think because our uterus has been stretched before so now easily get bloated...haha. Very headache now, don't know what clothes to buy for CNY!>_<

Waiwish not sure if your gynae told u that u can up the dose for utrogesten or duphaston.. my gynae told me at it esp if I see fresh red spotting.
My gynae didn't say anything abt increasing the dosage of ultrogestan. In fact during my last visit, I asked if I shd be given support jab. He said what he has prescribed is good enough, which is one tab of ultrogestan twice a day. But he did give me a pregnyl 500 jab to ease my worries. He gave me a week's leave to rest more.

He said he's happy with what he saw at the visit, next visit will be next mon. Due to my history, he is also concern and has asked to see me more often. In fact, he even said dun tell anyone till after first trimester. That is to avoid disappointment.

He's my new gynae actually.

Hi all, I'm new here. 1st pregnancy, very nervous as I belong to the 35+ group...
I'm 37 going 38 this year. A dragon, so I know how you feel. I've had 3 miscarriages in the last 13 months, praying for God's mercy and blessing over this pregnancy.

Hi, please add me into the Facebook group.

My email is [email protected].

This is my #2, gynae visit only in 2 weeks' time so can only wait and hope for the best.

Congrats to all the mummies who saw bb's heartbeat already!

Me too!!
But i hv some dresses which are looser at the waist, so nobody noticed yet...jeans getting tight at tummy area esp when seated...haiiii.....i think i nid to dig out my maternity wear but abit lazy to do so too....
Bra wise much worse!! I remb during #1 i nid to get maternity bra when i was 8wks...nw with bra extension cannot fit wire bra too...sian to d max....sob sob

I'm 37 going 38 this year. A dragon, so I know how you feel. I've had 3 miscarriages in the last 13 months, praying for God's mercy and blessing over this pregnancy.

Waiwish, jia you.....remb to rest as much as poss....try to keep urself stress free.... :D:D:D:D

Dont worry too much! your gynae should be able to tell along the way thru ur preg. Based on my LMP i m supposed to be 8wks but cos my menses cycle was 33days instead of 28days, therefore im only abt 6wks too...
this happens during my #1 time....
As long as u rest well, try to take in more nutritious food...all will go well :)

Me too!!
But i hv some dresses which are looser at the waist, so nobody noticed yet...jeans getting tight at tummy area esp when seated...haiiii.....i think i nid to dig out my maternity wear but abit lazy to do so too....
Bra wise much worse!! I remb during #1 i nid to get maternity bra when i was 8wks...nw with bra extension cannot fit wire bra too...sian to d max....sob sob

I'm at 8 wks and can't fit into my usual bra too. The usual wire bra caused so much pressure that it hurts when worn. Went to get uniqlo's wireless ones and it fits pretty well. Didn't want to spend on maternity bra yet cause afraid it will still grow. hehe..

Hi Mummies, has any of you booked OSCAR already? The clinic will only booked for me at my next visit which is about 10th-11th week and I am worried I cant get an appointment by that time

Back