(2014/05) May 2014

How old are your bbs?Mine 1 mth plus onli drinks 90-100ml every 3hrly.Is it too little?Nwdays thy get v v slpy each time drink liao wanna to slp.

In the past my elder son also cnt take avent bottles,cz alot of bubbles & he always vomit.We chg to playtex milk bottle & its btr.Nw my twins,I give thm use pigeon bottles,so far ok.

Mine going to 10 weeks... really dunno how much to give him.. dun wanna overfeed also but yet worried that it's not enough that's why every 2 hours must feed and it's tiring. I tried to give him more but he will reject if not he will puke out.. really sian to keep cleaning him also

Die le I need advice. My bb prefer my boobs bottle rather than the real bott. Any recommendations for bottles that is close to boobs? Am going bk to work in 10 days and nw my bb is on bottle strike now...

Am I the only one struggling to make bb sleep? Last time I tot he slept too much.. but now he dun wanna sleep. It's so hard to make him sleep and the fact is its obvious he wanna sleep but he's forcing himself not to.. sigh

Mine going to 10 weeks... really dunno how much to give him.. dun wanna overfeed also but yet worried that it's not enough that's why every 2 hours must feed and it's tiring. I tried to give him more but he will reject if not he will puke out.. really sian to keep cleaning him also

Does your bb cry every 2hrly for milk?I think mus slowly increase.The nurses told me can increase 10ml for a period if bb ok thn increase 10ml again.I guess if bb cnt drink too much dont force bah go by demand.

Die le I need advice. My bb prefer my boobs bottle rather than the real bott. Any recommendations for bottles that is close to boobs? Am going bk to work in 10 days and nw my bb is on bottle strike now...

I m using the pigeon peristaltic plus..so far my twins ok.

Am I the only one struggling to make bb sleep? Last time I tot he slept too much.. but now he dun wanna sleep. It's so hard to make him sleep and the fact is its obvious he wanna sleep but he's forcing himself not to.. sigh

If your bb dont slp does he cry out?or he jus lay dwn & look ard? Smtimes my boi is like tt bt smtimes he jus wan to b carried. You gt try those rockers or

If your bb dont slp does he cry out?or he jus lay dwn & look ard? Smtimes my boi is like tt bt smtimes he jus wan to b carried. You gt try those rockers?I used the rockers daytime to make thm slp.

My boy dont sleep too even though he look so sleepy.
I try to carry him but he struggle..
So now I just let him lie on the bed and he will look around and kicking till he tired and fall asleep.

Has to try and error. My toddler used to latch on and when I introduced bottle to him, he accepted it immediately, I bought pigeon peristaltic plus. As for my cousin who introduced bottle to her daughter then had problems finding suitable bottle. She tried many brands, you name it she has it. In the end her daughter only willing to drink from the first few years milk bottle and in the beginning my cousin cannot be at home otherwise she refused bottle. By the way, my cousin used to take a cab home during lunchtime to latch her daughter before she can find her the right bottle and the right "mood" to drink from it, lucky she works nearby.

Did he cry for milk every 2 hours? If he doesn't, then no need to feed at that timing. Every baby is different, even same age and weight babies don't drink the same amount of milk so don't get yourself too stress on it. And also some might have shallow stomach so they have to drink small amount and more frequently, like my toddler. He used to have shallow stomach, drink every 2 hourly and got to lie 45 degree for 30mins before he can lie flat. He puke until he's around a year old then it started to get better.

Has to try and error. My toddler used to latch on and when I introduced bottle to him, he accepted it immediately, I bought pigeon peristaltic plus. As for my cousin who introduced bottle to her daughter then had problems finding suitable bottle. She tried many brands, you name it she has it. In the end her daughter only willing to drink from the first few years milk bottle and in the beginning my cousin cannot be at home otherwise she refused bottle. By the way, my cousin used to take a cab home during lunchtime to latch her daughter before she can find her the right bottle and the right "mood" to drink from it, lucky she works nearby.

Yea... It really depends on the child himself/herself. Maybe you wanna start with Avent first. Personally I think it looks kinda similar to our boobs.

Did u hold the bottle upright when feeding him? As in let the teat there b filled with pool of milk all the time leaving no air spaces. I also use avent classic n notice the bubbles will accumulate there when I leave empty spaces in the teat pool (instead of holding it upright n filling jt with bm).

I tried holding the avent bottle upright during the feeding and the bubbles were greatly reduced! Thanks for the advice :)

Bf mummy do u all drink coffee or tea?Does coffee or tea affect milk flow?

I don't drink coffee so not sure about it. I do drink tea (those bottle types green tea etc), seems to the same before and after. But it's normal to have some less output occasionally, read that somewhere.

hi mummies. sorry I am not very active in this thread. but wish to ask, how much milk am I suppose to give baby this week?
a little history of my baby's check ups:
when he was just born at the hospital, doctor told us we need to at 15mls each week.
his subsequent checks will be when we bring him for vaccinations and assessment at polyclinic.
he is now 1m2w old. I forgot to ask doctor at his latest vaccination.
do I still continue to add 15ml each week? I worry by the time he is 1yo how much will he be drinking lol :p

hi mummies. sorry I am not very active in this thread. but wish to ask, how much milk am I suppose to give baby this week?
when he was just born at the hospital, doctor told us we need to at 15mls each week.
his subsequent checks will be when we bring him for vaccinations and assessment at polyclinic.
do I still continue to add 15ml each week? I worry by the time he is 1yo how much will he be drinking lol :p

I'm not sure if you are giving formula or breastmilk, I found a website on how much formula to give baby. http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a9136/how-much-formula-milk-does-my-baby-need

Found another website about ebm, in case you are feeding ebm. http://kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/milkcalc/

Last edited:
Hi, anyone interested in joining May 2014 mummies facebook group? please give me your facebook email address so we can add you... cheers

Hi, anyone interested in joining May 2014 mummies facebook group? please give me your facebook email address so we can add you... cheers
We already have a current fb group.. Are you from the earlier group? Cos we tried asking many times to be added to the previous one but none from that group replied so we created our own..

We already have a current fb group.. Are you from the earlier group? Cos we tried asking many times to be added to the previous one but none from that group replied so we created our own..

haha faints actually I'm a March mummy... had a lot of April/May mummies on the asianparents.com 2014 Mums fb group who were looking for an fb group, so I helped them to create one since we asked around on fb and no one was on an existing grp. oh no, now got so many groups! haha! is there a way to merge the groups? I got about 25 mummies and counting...

Hello! My edd was also in may 2014.. My boy was born on 28th april instead.. Can anyone add me in the group? Thanks.. My email is [email protected]

To add on,

Various studies have shown that drugs and oils work in opposite way. Young Living Essential Oils are natural, cultivated and harvested on their very own farms and these powerful plant extracts empower you to:
1. Enhance your physical wellness
2. Purify your home
3. Refine your skin
4. Create deep spiritual awareness

As a mother of 2, and like all mothers in the world, we want the best for our children. When they fall sick, we would rather that we are the ones who are sick instead. Not to say that we do not go to the doctors when our Little Ones are ill, but if the symptoms can be controlled, why rush to the doctor and give them medicines?! By giving them prescribed medicine, which are synthetic chemically or genetically engineered (man-made/unnatural), it hinders the body to build up its own immune system and rely on it to get well. And do you know that the compounds in drugs can remain for years and even up to a lifetime?

On the other hand, Essential Oils are easily metabolised by the body, reaches the height of its efficacy around 20-30 minutes after entering the body. It then begins to exit the body and be almost gone in 2 hours.

Be informed on the choice that you make.

Join the group - Lindy's essential Oil to find out more on how to combat illness naturally and build up the whole family's immune system.

Thanks for taking the time to read. :)

My thoughts is that you should feed according to your boy's demands. You can up the amt monthly or when u realise he is getting hungry earlier. Say usually 100ml can last him 3 hrs but in recent days he finishes his milk and does not settle well or he settles but wakes or ask for milk in jus 2 hrs. ;)

Imho, i rather increase when they ask then increase and force baby to finish. ;)

Yea... It really depends on the child himself/herself. Maybe you wanna start with Avent first. Personally I think it looks kinda similar to our boobs.

I dun think it looks like mine... ;p my #2 used pigeon p+ teats too. In my prev thread, the mummies call it the miracle bottle.

Like to check with you girls if I should be worried that baby has been losing weight weekly? As you know, mine is still in hospital and he is being weighed twice weekly. Since he did the operation of removing part of his small intestine and closing up last month, his weight had dropped about 300g. He is being fed 40ml 3 hourly nowadays and I latch him when I'm around so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Im thinking should I talk with the doctors or just continue monitoring.

Like to check with you girls if I should be worried that baby has been losing weight weekly? As you know, mine is still in hospital and he is being weighed twice weekly. Since he did the operation of removing part of his small intestine and closing up last month, his weight had dropped about 300g. He is being fed 40ml 3 hourly nowadays and I latch him when I'm around so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Im thinking should I talk with the doctors or just continue monitoring.

300g drop for bigger size bb i think its ok but your bb jus had ops 300g seems quite a lot.I feel you shld ask the doc or lacation.In the past my elder also drop weigh when i latch cz mb thy dont feel well during latch.Whn i switch to bottle fed he put weight.

My thoughts is that you should feed according to your boy's demands. You can up the amt monthly or when u realise he is getting hungry earlier. Say usually 100ml can last him 3 hrs but in recent days he finishes his milk and does not settle well or he settles but wakes or ask for milk in jus 2 hrs. ;)

Imho, i rather increase when they ask then increase and force baby to finish. ;)

I also agree based on demand is best.My boys also smtimes feed alot smtimes thy too slpy drink v little.&both my bbs diff pattern 1 whn slpy he still cn drink the other whn slpy he stop sucking.So follow bb pattern when thy r young.

300g drop for bigger size bb i think its ok but your bb jus had ops 300g seems quite a lot.I feel you shld ask the doc or lacation.In the past my elder also drop weigh when i latch cz mb thy dont feel well during latch.Whn i switch to bottle fed he put weight.

Thanks for your reply, think will ask the doc tonight if it drops further. He will be weigh again today so I will be able to know tonight when I visit him. Actually he's small sized baby due to premature, now he is only 2.77kg. I only latch him once a day so I think shouldn't be latching problem, I guess he can't drink fast enough using bottle because I saw milk flowing out from his mouth when he used bottle while he's okay with latching. If only he didn't get infection last week (now in isolation room to prevent cross infection), he would be home by now as his wound is perfectly heal. SIGH!

Hi mummies. My bb is 33 days old and recently i feel that my milk supply is decreasing. Can you suggest any supplements to increase my milk supply? Bb usually take 150ml every 2-3hrs but now when I pump, Only 100ml both sides.

40ml 3hourly isn't it too little..?

40ml 3hourly isn't it too little..?

Actually I'm not sure, before operation he was only drinking 20ml 3hourly (he depended mainly on the nutrition drip previously). I think only about 3/4 of the milk went in, the rest either overflow or he puke a bit after feeding. Only if he's latching then no limit on how much he can drink, wish I could stay longer there to latch him more frequently but I still have kids to take care of and they are not allowed to go inside.

Actually I'm not sure, before operation he was only drinking 20ml 3hourly (he depended mainly on the nutrition drip previously). I think only about 3/4 of the milk went in, the rest either overflow or he puke a bit after feeding. Only if he's latching then no limit on how much he can drink, wish I could stay longer there to latch him more frequently but I still have kids to take care of and they are not allowed to go inside.

Jia you twinkle star.... will baby cry for milk?? If he does, i feel that you dun get uptight abt the volumn... he is still recovering.. mayb appetite not up yet..if you still have concern, better speak to pd.. . please take care of yourself... with all the travelling to and fro... and taking care of your other kids...

Jia you twinkle star.... will baby cry for milk?? If he does, i feel that you dun get uptight abt the volumn... he is still recovering.. mayb appetite not up yet..if you still have concern, better speak to pd.. . please take care of yourself... with all the travelling to and fro... and taking care of your other kids...

He does cry for milk and attention, haha! The nurses told us that he wants people's attention, require a nurse to sit beside him and talk with him. Anyway he's home today after 117 days stay in hospital! He will still need reviews for quite a number of issues, just that his infection had been cleared and finished his last dose of antibiotics yesterday so they discharged him straight. Guess they are worried he will get another infection if he stays longer as he caught 4 infections during his stay.

He does cry for milk and attention, haha! The nurses told us that he wants people's attention, require a nurse to sit beside him and talk with him. Anyway he's home today after 117 days stay in hospital! He will still need reviews for quite a number of issues, just that his infection had been cleared and finished his last dose of antibiotics yesterday so they discharged him straight. Guess they are worried he will get another infection if he stays longer as he caught 4 infections during his stay.
Congrats on bb's discharge... very happy that he is home... take care!!!!!!!

Anyone knows which store have the most strollers? Sourcing for a stroller. Thinking getting britax agile, any one knows which place have actual item on display?

Hi mummies, my bb boy is coming to 8 weeks old. Cry for milk every 1.5-2hrs, we made 125ml. Sometimes he drink 90ml, sometimes 100ml.. Sometimes drink all.. At night also every 2hr, he drink lesser - around 60ml.. He knew it's night time, so he close his eyes thru-out the feeding.

Sometimes I dunno how much to make for him, ever made 100ml end up not enough, gave him another 30ml. Also feeling abit wasted for those milk he can't finish. We do keep in thermal bag for two hour (WHO standard), in case he wants to drink again.

Hi mummies, my bb boy is coming to 8 weeks old. Cry for milk every 1.5-2hrs, we made 125ml. Sometimes he drink 90ml, sometimes 100ml.. Sometimes drink all.. At night also every 2hr, he drink lesser - around 60ml.. He knew it's night time, so he close his eyes thru-out the feeding.

Sometimes I dunno how much to make for him, ever made 100ml end up not enough, gave him another 30ml. Also feeling abit wasted for those milk he can't finish. We do keep in thermal bag for two hour (WHO standard), in case he wants to drink again.

my boy 8w+ he is drinking about 130-140mls.
babies cluster feed. so it's ok. let him finish whatever he can finish.

haha faints actually I'm a March mummy... had a lot of April/May mummies on the asianparents.com 2014 Mums fb group who were looking for an fb group, so I helped them to create one since we asked around on fb and no one was on an existing grp. oh no, now got so many groups! haha! is there a way to merge the groups? I got about 25 mummies and counting...

Dear all mommies on the FB group who had just finished confinement period recently, pls plss plsss give recommendation of any goof CL to me plsss... my edd is ard 5 march 2015.
:) Thank you all in advance!

Cam never seem to get my boy to zzzzz. . Haiz

Mine now only sleep on my arm, put down he will start singing in less than 5 mins. So now most of the time I'm carrying him, like now one hand typing here while the other hand carrying. What amaze me most is that he sleeps while peeking occasionally to spot check if he's on bed or arm, wonder if he really get any sleep or not.

Hello mummies,

Congrats to all the mummies edd May. We are changing gynae. Anyone of you can recommend a good gynae, not from KKH, reasonable rate, does a good c-sect job. Possible hospitals are Mt A, TMC, Novena.

Thanks in advance.

Dr kenneth EDWARD lee from mt alvernia? I had him for natural birth though. But he is a v positive n patient doc whom I feel quite comfy with. His charges are not ex either.

Hi Mommies,

I am desperately looking for confinement lady for end Jan 15... I have asked a few and most of them already booked.

Really appreciate if someone can recommend a good CL, please PM me the details :) thanks in advancement.

Back