(2014/05) May 2014

@rainbowzstarz

I saw your post regarding about poo colour for fm baby. I read it from babycenter, bowel movements of a formula-fed baby are typically yellow, tan, brown, or green. As long as there isn't blood in the stool, any color is normal. A formula-fed baby's stool is a little bit firmer than a breastfed baby's, about the consistency of peanut butter. If it's much harder than that, it may be a sign of constipation. (I have been a silent reader for months but never post anything because of complication during pregnancy, thought might lost baby anytime and also I delivered very early so didn't feel right to post in my supposed EDD month, May or the actual delivery month, March since I have never follow that thread.)

Hi ladies,

Happy Sunday. ..

I have 6 packs of size m mamypoko diaper to let go. Please pm me if u keen. .. Collection is at sengkang. ..

Thanks,
YiZhen

@rainbowzstarz

I saw your post regarding about poo colour for fm baby. I read it from babycenter, bowel movements of a formula-fed baby are typically yellow, tan, brown, or green. As long as there isn't blood in the stool, any color is normal. A formula-fed baby's stool is a little bit firmer than a breastfed baby's, about the consistency of peanut butter. If it's much harder than that, it may be a sign of constipation. (I have been a silent reader for months but never post anything because of complication during pregnancy, thought might lost baby anytime and also I delivered very early so didn't feel right to post in my supposed EDD month, May or the actual delivery month, March since I have never follow that thread.)
Hp evrythg is well for u!

So much?! Then sleep thru aft tis feed?
Feedg baby nw.so sian refuse burp again

Slept for 4.5hrs. That's why, it's so much I can't even keep up. Milk monster lor.

And yes, I'm the one who scolds cos he definitely understands. Hubby tries to bottle feed him last night and LO dunno why threw tantrum, kena scold by me. Want to drink but dun want to burp properly first.

Slept for 4.5hrs. That's why, it's so much I can't even keep up. Milk monster lor.

And yes, I'm the one who scolds cos he definitely understands. Hubby tries to bottle feed him last night and LO dunno why threw tantrum, kena scold by me. Want to drink but dun want to burp properly first.
Wah nt bad can slp 4.5 hrs.
I dunno my baby weight nw bt im thinkg to giv 120 c he wil cry less anot he is vry noisy!! Bt scare he vomit al out. Worst nite feed alws dun burp

Mine latch a bit like 5 mins and then burp and then cry and then don't wanna drink anymore ... and then rest for a long while. I boh bian express it out and try to bottle feed. Bottle feed 100ml also like wanna sleep, frustrated and cry. Keep crying, pek cek.

Mine latch a bit like 5 mins and then burp and then cry and then don't wanna drink anymore ... and then rest for a long while. I boh bian express it out and try to bottle feed. Bottle feed 100ml also like wanna sleep, frustrated and cry. Keep crying, pek cek.
I super pekchek also.kp scold baby.he alwys dun burp im so tired.bobian jus let him lie sideway

Somehow I think our babies become lazy cos they are partly bottle fed. Lazy to put in the effort to suck. Mine latch and keeps falling asleep. Super irritated cos hv to keep waking him up. Then suck a bit, back to square one.

Is his tummy v bloated? My boy was like this and his appetite started to drop. So now i make it a point to burp him when he comes off the breast in the middle of a feed. Then aft that latch him back.

If he is gassy, patting may cause "heartburn" which is an unpleasant feeling. Instead try rubbing in circular motion the area below the left shoulder blade.

@rainbowzstarz

Yah apparently hor green is normal wor. Nvr thot it is until now. Both my gals never had green poo while on FM.

Somehow I think our babies become lazy cos they are partly bottle fed. Lazy to put in the effort to suck. Mine latch and keeps falling asleep. Super irritated cos hv to keep waking him up. Then suck a bit, back to square one.

If you like to latch, mayb can consider not introducing bottle at this ooint in time. Use syringe, cup or. Spoon to feed... Then intro bottle fr 6-8wks onwards. The reason being the way to suckling the breast n bottle is different and certain bottles actually "drip" or have milk flow even if the baby doesnt suck...

Decided tmr evening brg baby to pd..is it bcos wind only...or is hungry?
So tired of him crying stil at 2hrs mark aft feeding.alrdy increas to 100 then 110ml!

Is his tummy v bloated? My boy was like this and his appetite started to drop. So now i make it a point to burp him when he comes off the breast in the middle of a feed. Then aft that latch him back.

If he is gassy, patting may cause "heartburn" which is an unpleasant feeling. Instead try rubbing in circular motion the area below the left shoulder blade.

I've tried burping him in the middle of a feed but he cries big time after that. So I let him decide when he wants to be burped. Basically he's been very unhappy drinking lately and we don't know why. Sigh.

Been 1 mth plus 3 days liao,blood rtn!! My bleeding stop on fri nite ,bt sudly ystd aftnn rtn so so sad.

Nwadys ntg can stop my boys cryg.only milk n water can stop him.

Last edited:
Haha mine also the same. So now I just stick to bottle feeding cos too frustrating already.

Hi hi, I had just given birth on 30th May via c section.... Can any mummies advise your recovery journey? Mine is more on the pain in the wound area where affects my pumping and latch.

Hi hi, I had just given birth on 30th May via c section.... Can any mummies advise your recovery journey? Mine is more on the pain in the wound area where affects my pumping and latch.

I don't remember having any pain while I pump, I only start pumping on day 4 and no latching yet. I only have difficulty on getting up from the bed and walking was a nightmare for the first 3 days and after that is more manageable. I get occasionally pain when I lie on my sides so I used many pillows. I rest on bed most of the time either sit or sleep and the furthest I walk to is to the washroom, even bathing I sat on a chair to bath (yes, I bath daily with warm water because I can't stand the heat). The only difference is I do not have a newborn to take care of when I went home, baby stay in hospital.

@rainbowzstarz

Please join us in the chat here. My LO was also born early. He was born at 36 weeks which was a month early but I still chat in here. It's ok lah. Happy to hear that your baby is safe and sound.

I wried cos i stil havg the gastric n back pain.dunno gt link anot

No lah don't think so. Your gastric pain probably related to your IBS. Or have you been skipping meals or eating spicy food that triggered? Back pain I suspect is after effects of epidural or maybe from carrying your LO?

Please join us in the chat here. My LO was also born early. He was born at 36 weeks which was a month early but I still chat in here. It's ok lah. Happy to hear that your baby is safe and sound.

I will. :) Mine born at 30 weeks, 10 weeks early and been in hospital for more than 2 months already. Really looking forward to hold him in my arms, never did that since birth because he's in incubator with drips.
I hope no more new problems popping up, now we are waiting for his weight to get to 3kg then do a few operations at one go. After that will be monitoring for his intestines to function properly before discharge. He should be going for op in 2-3 weeks' time, now 2.3kg.

Been 1 mth plus 3 days liao,blood rtn!! My bleeding stop on fri nite ,bt sudly ystd aftnn rtn so so sad.

Nwadys ntg can stop my boys cryg.only milk n water can stop him.

I bleed for 6 weeks and menses return a few days after it stopped. Some more I have been pumping 3 hourly daily, so sad it return so fast but it's light and lasted 4 days only.

I will. :) Mine born at 30 weeks, 10 weeks early and been in hospital for more than 2 months already. Really looking forward to hold him in my arms, never did that since birth because he's in incubator with drips.
I hope no more new problems popping up, now we are waiting for his weight to get to 3kg then do a few operations at one go. After that will be monitoring for his intestines to function properly before discharge. He should be going for op in 2-3 weeks' time, now 2.3kg.

*big hugs to you* things we take for granted like we can bring our babies home to discharge with us, and you had to go through so much. When my LO could only go home a day after me because he needed phototherapy for his jaundice, I was already feeling sad. I cannot imagine your anguish and pain.

You're a very very brave and strong mommy. The day will come when you can hold him again and it'll come sooner than you expect. Read that you're expressing milk for LO.

Keep it going to give him the immunity he needs. Jia you!!!

*big hugs to you* things we take for granted like we can bring our babies home to discharge with us, and you had to go through so much. When my LO could only go home a day after me because he needed phototherapy for his jaundice, I was already feeling sad. I cannot imagine your anguish and pain.

You're a very very brave and strong mommy. The day will come when you can hold him again and it'll come sooner than you expect. Read that you're expressing milk for LO.

Keep it going to give him the immunity he needs. Jia you!!!

I also take for granted previously until this pregnancy. Yup, expressing milk for him because I read online that bm will be better for his intestine. He suffered 2 episodes of NEC (to put it in simple terms, bacteria normally found in the intestine turn bad bacteria and damage the wall of the intestinal tissues). He has a severe case of NEC where perforation (hole) in intestine. He did an emergency op when he's 6 day old and second op will be to seal up the first hole, check condition of second hole whether heal itself/need mending/need removal of a segment of intestine.

He suffered 2 episodes of NEC (to put it in simple terms, bacteria normally found in the intestine turn bad bacteria and damage the wall of the intestinal tissues). He has a severe case of NEC where perforation (hole) in intestine. He did an emergency op when he's 6 day old and second op will be to seal up the first hole, check condition of second hole whether heal itself/need mending/need removal of a segment of intestine.
You know what they always say, when they have it this tough so young, life will get better as they grow older so take heart in that k? He will emerge a fighter because he is fighting really hard now to keep going despite all the odds.

Jus wan to grumble..seriously whr we gt time to rest..i mean those lik me.mummy vs baby in day plus add one anth kid wen aft sch.

Had late brkfst aft settle baby..was lik 10plus..nw jus finish lunch.nt hungry bt jus hav to eat while baby is sleeping.then hav to wash tis n tt aft cook n eat..wen he wake up we hav to entertain..then vry fast feed burp repeats..big one cm bck evening then hav to entertain also..make her sleep otherwis nt happy.. then at nite mummy hav to feed baby too..cos daddy nd wrk..then cont next mrn..repeats again.
Goin crazy

Rainbowzstarz,
I can only answer u when i look after 2 kids start from nxt mondat..but i think im worse..my #1 in kindergarten n she starts her school hol last week..means the whole day i need to handle 2 for the whole day!!i think to order tingkat for lunch n dinner,so i can fully focus on looking after the kidd

Rainbowzstarz,
I can only answer u when i look after 2 kids start from nxt mondat..but i think im worse..my #1 in kindergarten n she starts her school hol last week..means the whole day i need to handle 2 for the whole day!!i think to order tingkat for lunch n dinner,so i can fully focus on looking after the kidd
My gal is full day childcare so no holid..bt tink gt 1 day close tdy i also forgt wen..shit i bette find out.
Problm nw is her sch gt hfmd on off i wil kp her at hm.
I wan to order tingkat too bt dun hv.1 pax lunch or finaly found 1 bt review was bad.

Then its really bored to b stuck at home.smtims also dunno do wat w baby. Wan to on laptop do thga also suan le.cos lik mayb sudly baby w dosturb

Last edited:
I've tried burping him in the middle of a feed but he cries big time after that. So I let him decide when he wants to be burped. Basically he's been very unhappy drinking lately and we don't know why. Sigh.
My boy cry damn noisy alwys at abt 2hrs aft his milk.he wants water.doc ystd say i feedg him more than engh for 5kg baby.bt nvr tel me y he alwys cry to drink .if dun giv he w nvr stop.he nd drink min 10ml then quick stuff in pacifier then mayb stop.otherws wants more.hope its a temp problm.i wonder is it lik growth spurt.
Not sure anth to do w his sweating cos he can really sweat alot.esp cryg for milk

Last edited:
@rainbowzstarz
Starting will be more difficult, it will be better when baby is older. When my baby comes home, I will have 3 to take care of (the older kids are 2 and 5). I cut vegetables the previous night so preparations for lunch will be faster, usually less than 30 mins done. I cook easy dishes like steam fish/meat, boil soup and fry vegetables. My 2 years old used to cry a lot when he's a baby, I used carrier (I'm hopeless when comes to sling) whenever I go (at home!) so I have free hands to do other stuffs. I still don't have a easy life now though he's 2 but we got used in doing house chores together. Don't have a choice because he wakes up really early, latest by 7.30am and he only naps an hr once a day. When I am in the kitchen he will pull a chair and stand nearby to look what I'm doing, when I sweep/mop he will sit on the sofa and wait for the floor to be dry, when I bath he will be in the room playing with the drawers or some other things that catch his attention, when I want to hang clothes he will take the clothes out from the washer (mine is front load). My 5 years old only go half day school so by afternoon the house will be filled with quarrelling, shouting and crying. Maybe I'm numb already so most of the time those sounds are white noise to me, haha!

Edit: I forgot about breakfast, haha! I eat easy to prepare breakfast too like bread/bao with a drink or cereal with milk.

Last edited:
Yes, think my back side, tummy and legs all still haven't shrink back. I still have 6kg-7kg to loose till my pre-preg size. Am still wearing my maternity soft gutter pants. Lower tummy still feeling bruised on the inside.

I'm oso feeling bruised and I feel lower part of my tummy abit swollen. Damn pain during post natal massage.. Suffering now..

Btw I need advise from mummies who r bf-ing, after I pump my breast still feels heavy and warm. I can't seem to empty my breast! So far the most I got was dis morning. 90ml from each sides.

And those who already held their full month can u share which caterer u took?

As for cakes, do we need to give out the cakes exactly on the day we celebrating full mth? How about giving to our office ?

I also take for granted previously until this pregnancy. Yup, expressing milk for him because I read online that bm will be better for his intestine. He suffered 2 episodes of NEC (to put it in simple terms, bacteria normally found in the intestine turn bad bacteria and damage the wall of the intestinal tissues). He has a severe case of NEC where perforation (hole) in intestine. He did an emergency op when he's 6 day old and second op will be to seal up the first hole, check condition of second hole whether heal itself/need mending/need removal of a segment of intestine.
Wen is ur boy goin for the ops?
Hope he wil be well soon

Btw I need advise from mummies who r bf-ing, after I pump my breast still feels heavy and warm. I can't seem to empty my breast! So far the most I got was dis morning. 90ml from each sides.

And those who already held their full month can u share which caterer u took?

As for cakes, do we need to give out the cakes exactly on the day we celebrating full mth? How about giving to our office ?

Sounds like you need to spend some time to massage you breasts and nipples to clear any blockages...

Any mummies using NUK teats and bottles?? I need to change my feeding bottles to tommy tippee... Wasted to throw everything away?

Sounds like you need to spend some time to massage you breasts and nipples to clear any blockages...

I can't seem to clear blockage on my nipples, or isit I didn't pump long enough? I'm using freestyle and 15mins each pumping session. My nipples got so sensitive n painful that I had to use level 2 now instead of previous level 4.

I can't seem to clear blockage on my nipples, or isit I didn't pump long enough? I'm using freestyle and 15mins each pumping session. My nipples got so sensitive n painful that I had to use level 2 now instead of previous level 4.

Every person pump duration is different, I need to pump about 20-25 mins on dual pump. I only use on the lowest setting because I feel pain on higher setting but mine is avent, my nipples took a month to get used to pumping before that same like you, sensitive and pain to press.

I guess should be menses because it's bright red when it came back, it was brown staining few days ago.
Thru tis period i happened to me twice frm brown to no more bt rtn 2days latr bright red.bt amount not alot lik last time menses.1pad can for 1day.so im nt sure wat is wat liao

Aiyo, wat do u all eat for breakfast? I eat milo biscuit until damn sian already.. Wondering if can eat cake n bread?

During confinement? Actually I never eat breakfast, only a cup of milo every morning because the CL cook very big portion. Told her to cook lesser but end up still cooking as if it's for 2. Anyway I start eating cake on my 3rd week because it was my birthday month, hehe..

Thru tis period i happened to me twice frm brown to no more bt rtn 2days latr bright red.bt amount not alot lik last time menses.1pad can for 1day.so im nt sure wat is wat liao

Mine also different from last time, I only use pads meant for light flow don't even need pads for heavy flow but it came for 4 days before totally gone so I assume is menses.

Back