(2014/05) May 2014

Went crazy shopping for baby shoes online. check out foxysale bobux baby shoes , ard $10-$20 dep on design. Even stock up for frens' baby showers!

Hihi mummies! Planning to do the following...like to ask if any of you doing the same and can share experience?

1. Donating cord blood to Singapore Cord Blood Bank

2. Planned c sec (any mummy popped before planned date?)

3. Calculate Chinese name of bb (any mummy can share contacts of a good shifu? Father-in-law say girl name no need calculate :( and I dun like that notion and unfair since older son's name is calculated..)

Thanks all and hang in there dear mummies!
I too am downing ice cream and cold juices to keep heat away...blasting Aircon too ;D

Hihi mummies! Planning to do the following...like to ask if any of you doing the same and can share experience?

3. Calculate Chinese name of bb (any mummy can share contacts of a good shifu? Father-in-law say girl name no need calculate :( and I dun like that notion and unfair since older son's name is calculated..)

I too am downing ice cream and cold juices to keep heat away...blasting Aircon too ;D
My #1 gt calculate her name. Bt quite computerised whether he gd or not i nt sure. Bt im goin bck to him for my #2.
Anyway i dun lik those over popular ones haha lik you long zi etc.abit exaggerated popularity to me.

Mine is Master Long Tian Shyang @ wdlands.
If u are keen can pm me

hey how much 开工红包 and the 红包 after the end of confinment r u all giving the confinement lady? they will usually do hse cleaning for us right? im thinking of asking my part time cleaner to stop coming during confinement

for those searching for masters to get names for babies.. try not to go same one. In my previous mummy group... we discovered a few was given the same chinese names by the same master.

for those searching for masters to get names for babies.. try not to go same one. In my previous mummy group... we discovered a few was given the same chinese names by the same master.
I think depends on the master style. Nowadays they actly print many characters out.last time mine also.inside is a whole list of can n cant names. The final is up to u choose wat.
I also dun lik those that die die u mus use the names he giv u

For me I'm letting my mum choose names for my kids. She also refer fengshui books and calculate based on parents' birthdate.

My #1 gt calculate her name. Bt quite computerised whether he gd or not i nt sure. Bt im goin bck to him for my #2.
Anyway i dun lik those over popular ones haha lik you long zi etc.abit exaggerated popularity to me.

Mine is Master Long Tian Shyang @ wdlands.
If u are keen can pm me
Oooohhh! I used this shifu to calculate my wedding date! He is such a nice fatherly figure! Did not know that he can also calculate names. What are his charges to calculate name?

For my #1 (gal), we just took the easy option out and went to taimaobi opposite TMC last time... but now taimaobi closed down that branch there already...

hey how much 开工红包 and the 红包 after the end of confinment r u all giving the confinement lady? they will usually do hse cleaning for us right? im thinking of asking my part time cleaner to stop coming during confinement
Haha I also want to know. I didn't know need 开工红包... I thought just give an extra one at the end of confinement together with the balance of the agreed charges... The 红包 at the end depends on how well you judge your confinement at the end right? Usually it's about $60-$80?

Oooohhh! I used this shifu to calculate my wedding date! He is such a nice fatherly figure! Did not know that he can also calculate names. What are his charges to calculate name?

For my #1 (gal), we just took the easy option out and went to taimaobi opposite TMC last time... but now taimaobi closed down that branch there already...
Yup my wedg dates also frm him.
Haha dint knw he is popular tot nt much ppl knw him.
Nw is 100. 5yrs ago think was 80

Haha I also want to know. I didn't know need 开工红包... I thought just give an extra one at the end of confinement together with the balance of the agreed charges... The 红包 at the end depends on how well you judge your confinement at the end right? Usually it's about $60-$80?
1st angbao is smaller. Usually 28-50
Wen goin bck then bigger dependa whether u find her gd anot. Anrd 68 -100 usually

Ah feel so disgusted jus nw.at nite liao nt packed stil no one giv me seat. The 2 fella,1 a smell of beer prc look man,anth is look local lady. C me c hp liao.
Nwadays i wil tak pix of such ppl n post fb.end up gt fren say me.
Saying thy may look healthy bt nd the seat mayb due to leg pain etc.. bt i do not tink thy cld in any possibility sick or pain til nd the seat more than a preggy woman w big tummy lor.thy are bt old ppl smre n clearly they were avoidg me n simply dun care.
I hav gult problm b4 at soles bt i stil cld giv up seat to ppl who nd more than me.its al abt morals n mentality.
I tink woman who nt preggy really dunno the sufferings esp the last trimester.
Angry

Ah feel so disgusted jus nw.at nite liao nt packed stil no one giv me seat. The 2 fella,1 a smell of beer prc look man,anth is look local lady. C me c hp liao.
Nwadays i wil tak pix of such ppl n post fb.end up gt fren say me.
Saying thy may look healthy bt nd the seat mayb due to leg pain etc.. bt i do not tink thy cld in any possibility sick or pain til nd the seat more than a preggy woman w big tummy lor.thy are bt old ppl smre n clearly they were avoidg me n simply dun care.
I hav gult problm b4 at soles bt i stil cld giv up seat to ppl who nd more than me.its al abt morals n mentality.
I tink woman who nt preggy really dunno the sufferings esp the last trimester.
Angry
Totally agree with u.. as in our tummy still not big enough ah? I find it MRT is the worst compare to bus.. even is 3yrs back or now.. those selfish human still the same even so many ads on tv showing ppl to give up their seats to more needed ppl .. it's just a totally waste of $$ ..

Totally agree with u.. as in our tummy still not big enough ah? I find it MRT is the worst compare to bus.. even is 3yrs back or now.. those selfish human still the same even so many ads on tv showing ppl to give up their seats to more needed ppl .. it's just a totally waste of $$ ..
Humans r getg more n more emotionless:mad:

1. Donated to SCBB previously, and you just reminded me about it too! You have to go down to KKH to fill up some forms. Then the staff will give you the pack that needs to be handed over to your gynae (can't remember if it's at the hospital or prior) for collection of cord blood during delivery. The staff will prepare most of the things for you. Like blood donation, they will conduct tests on the cord blood to ensure suitability for use. But do remember, you are donating so *touch wood* if you need to use it you may not request specifically for your child's. It's a clause that is clearly stated. And oh yes, some gynaes don't like the hassle, esp you are donating to SCBB but you must be firm that this is your choice and he/she must comply with your wishes.

2. I'm doing c-sec 2nd time round cos baby's a happy Buddha in breech again. Hahahahaha... But gynae going on leave again in May so gonna be firm this time about the date. If he needs to find me a substitute gynae he'd better do it.

3. I go to WayOnNet @ Fu Lu Shou Bldg. Master Goh Guan Leong. Nice guy who uses computer and his iphone for geomancy. Well he did a very accurate analysis of #1's character so we're going back again. (http://www.wayonnet.com/service_details.php?Id=15)

Hi disneybabe!

Appreciate your sharing of experience!!
Gonna see my gynae this Friday so will inform her of my SCCB decision.
Thanks again for the Master Goh contact too!

Hi disneybabe!

Appreciate your sharing of experience!!
Gonna see my gynae this Friday so will inform her of my SCCB decision.
Thanks again for the Master Goh contact too!

No worries! Good to know of your decision to contribute to SCBB too! I just dropped them an email myself, asking if it's too late to say I wanna donate.

My baby is 3.1kg tdy @35+ wks. Haha gynae say i wan make him faint.
He gt suggest me to put the belt so baby wun so low make me kp pee
Baby heads dwn bt heng stil no signs of early delivery

My baby is 3.1kg tdy @35+ wks. Haha gynae say i wan make him faint.
He gt suggest me to put the belt so baby wun so low make me kp pee
Baby heads dwn bt heng stil no signs of early delivery

Wah steady..ur bb is really big size...u going to go for natural birth?
Mine is 2.8kg at 35weeks plus...i hope to keep within 3 kg cuz i scare have hard time pushing, esp i have pelvic pain problem.

So glad im staying home to rest now.. cannot imagine going to work with the pain and numbness on hands. Hope bb stays in there till next week... at least not premature. I heard from friend bb premature at 36 weeks, plus emergency c sect, the bill is 17K!!!!

This time round im going to take 2 bedder,wonder if any of u here will be my "neighbour"? hehe

At 32 wks my bb is 2.3kg.. If steadily gain 200g per week, my bb would be 3.5kg at 38 wks :D

My #1 was 3.3kg when delivered at 38 wks

Wah steady..ur bb is really big size...u going to go for natural birth?
Mine is 2.8kg at 35weeks plus...i hope to keep within 3 kg cuz i scare have hard time pushing, esp i have pelvic pain problem.

So glad im staying home to rest now.. cannot imagine going to work with the pain and numbness on hands. Hope bb stays in there till next week... at least not premature. I heard from friend bb premature at 36 weeks, plus emergency c sect, the bill is 17K!!!!

This time round im going to take 2 bedder,wonder if any of u here will be my "neighbour"? hehe
He nvr put on tt much tis mth liao.haha i gt eat less rice slightly.
Yup natural.first one also natural at 3.75kg bt gt tak epi.
Seeing gynae on 21st apr.jus nw gt sound him on hospic leave or mc..haha he say mayb wil giv me.
I tel him vry xinku.breathless...n pee evry half hr. Pee is really so frequent lor

Which hospic u goin?hw abt ur fren?
Uy gynae gt say u may giv birth early?

For Second time mothers ,

how early or late did u give birth for ur previous delivery?
What was ur bb weight ?
was it natural or csection ?

Induced natural for me @ 38-wks

Induced due to difficulties in walking and sleepless nights. I was practically sleepless for a few weeks prior to that due too bb was already descended down and pressing on my bladder. The pressure was a torture.

He nvr put on tt much tis mth liao.haha i gt eat less rice slightly.
Yup natural.first one also natural at 3.75kg bt gt tak epi.
Seeing gynae on 21st apr.jus nw gt sound him on hospic leave or mc..haha he say mayb wil giv me.
I tel him vry xinku.breathless...n pee evry half hr. Pee is really so frequent lor

Which hospic u goin?hw abt ur fren?
Uy gynae gt say u may giv birth early?

Im going to Mt A, my friend delivered there too. That time i told gynae im expected to work till 39 weeks, he said i wont go beyond that. So i think he expected me to
deliver earlier... but anyway i may be induced next week. Anyone induced before? Is it expensive and how was the experience? Pain?

Induced due to difficulties in walking and sleepless nights. I was practically sleepless for a few weeks prior to that due too bb was already descended down and pressing on my bladder. The pressure was a torture.

Oh were u having the same prob as me? I am having the spd...

I guess my bladder situation b lik u...hai

Im going to Mt A, my friend delivered there too. That time i told gynae im expected to work till 39 weeks, he said i wont go beyond that. So i think he expected me to deliver earlier... but anyway i may be induced next week. Anyone induced before? Is it expensive and how was the experience? Pain?

I induced but don't have any other previous experience to compare with, so not sure how to tell on the pain level. I induced twice actually.. Cos I also chose date for bb's arrival, so gynae advised to admit to hospital's delivery suite right after midnight for that date and inserted pill for induce. In the morning when he came to check on me, I wasn't dilated fast enough so he ordered a second pill to be inserted. After the 2nd pill, everything went very fast.. contraction became intense, dilation was fast and I asked for epidural already. All in all, I delivered my #1 about 6 hours after the 2nd pill inserted. But if count from first pill, I was strapped to the bed in the delivery suite from 12am to 230pm.

And yup, Mount A for me too.

Last edited:
Im going to Mt A, my friend delivered there too. That time i told gynae im expected to work till 39 weeks, he said i wont go beyond that. So i think he expected me to
deliver earlier... but anyway i may be induced next week. Anyone induced before? Is it expensive and how was the experience? Pain?

Oh im going mount e novena

I induced but don't have any other previous experience to compare with, so not sure how to tell on the pain level. I induced twice actually.. Cos I also chose date for bb's arrival, so gynae advised to admit to hospital's delivery suite right after midnight for that date and inserted pill for induce. In the morning when he came to check on me, I wasn't dilated fast enough so he ordered a second pill to be inserted. After the 2nd pill, everything went very fast.. contraction became intense, dilation was fast and I asked for epidural already. All in all, I delivered my #1 about 6 hours after the 2nd pill inserted. But if count from first pill, I was strapped to the bed in the delivery suite from 12am to 230pm.

And yup, Mount A for me too.

Was induce expensive?

No worries! Good to know of your decision to contribute to SCBB too! I just dropped them an email myself, asking if it's too late to say I wanna donate.
1. Donated to SCBB previously, and you just reminded me about it too! You have to go down to KKH to fill up some forms. Then the staff will give you the pack that needs to be handed over to your gynae (can't remember if it's at the hospital or prior) for collection of cord blood during delivery. The staff will prepare most of the things for you. Like blood donation, they will conduct tests on the cord blood to ensure suitability for use. But do remember, you are donating so *touch wood* if you need to use it you may not request specifically for your child's. It's a clause that is clearly stated. And oh yes, some gynaes don't like the hassle, esp you are donating to SCBB but you must be firm that this is your choice and he/she must comply with your wishes.

2. I'm doing c-sec 2nd time round cos baby's a happy Buddha in breech again. Hahahahaha... But gynae going on leave again in May so gonna be firm this time about the date. If he needs to find me a substitute gynae he'd better do it.

3. I go to WayOnNet @ Fu Lu Shou Bldg. Master Goh Guan Leong. Nice guy who uses computer and his iphone for geomancy. Well he did a very accurate analysis of #1's character so we're going back again. (http://www.wayonnet.com/service_details.php?Id=15)

Hi,
I contributed last round (natural delivery) & doing so again this time. gynae asked if I want to contribute & once agreed, they arranged for SCBB staff to tel & brief me, then during next consultation, SCBB staff will arrange for detailed briefing+signing of documents before /after seeing doc. SCBB will liaise with NUH directly, no need for me to pass anything to my gynae. no hassle at all. NUH is public hospital & my gynae is a prof who teaches new doc so she's very pro-life, pro-BF etc (everything a doc shld be), so she's definitely pleased to go thru the "extra steps" involved during delivery.

as for future use, in the event that baby's immediate family needs, they'll check if still available & if yes, can use. If not, they'll help to search for suitable match, thru their world wide network. but usually for siblings, it's only 25% match. furthermore, if baby's parents have a medical condition/blood disorder, they'll check whether baby's cordblood defective as well (usually that's the case). to me, this was the basis of not doing private banking, since u never know if u eventually need it, but it can help other people going thru life & death struggles. if *choy* really need, there's the worldwide network to tap into anyway. but it's a personal choice :)

Was induce expensive?
I couldn't remember how much it was.. probably ard $300 I think? another reason why gynae asked to admit after 12mn is also so that the hospital will not charge me additional day usage of the delivery suite. If deliver on same day I think our maternity ward package is inclusive of the delivery suite usage fees.

I was depressed after seeing my gynae last sat.. I'm in my 33 weeks now, but was told bb head not yet turn down :( gynae ask me to prepare for c-sect. Ask me choose dates in case really need.

I'm really worried... :( almost cried out :(

I'm terrified of c-sect to be frank... Bb currently is 2kg at week 32 but gynae seem to comment bb size is big though I shd be happy that majority of weights goes to bb for this pregnancy.

Feeling so lost and I look at both mount e and mount a hospital charges for c-sect is almost 4k plus.. So worried the bill size will explode.. :(((

I was depressed after seeing my gynae last sat.. I'm in my 33 weeks now, but was told bb head not yet turn down :( gynae ask me to prepare for c-sect. Ask me choose dates in case really need.

I'm really worried... :( almost cried out :(

I'm terrified of c-sect to be frank... Bb currently is 2kg at week 32 but gynae seem to comment bb size is big though I shd be happy that majority of weights goes to bb for this pregnancy.

Feeling so lost and I look at both mount e and mount a hospital charges for c-sect is almost 4k plus.. So worried the bill size will explode.. :(((
By wen u mus decide whether to go for c sect?
Mount E(n) is 5k + rite?

Back