(2014/02) February 2014

Any recommendation for affordable maternity wear? I got mostly donated from no 1 time or borrowed from friend and already returned. Plus for no 1, I didn't put on weight so quickly, tummy small and can wear my own clothes until 2nd plus trimester. It's totally different story now and I feel like bah zhang in my work clothes. : (

Congratulations to all MTBs!I'm new to this forum and my BB EDD is on 4 Feb 14. Just went gynae once and my next appt will be this Sat. Btw, I'm a third time mother after 12 years of gap
happy.gif

heatherwhite, my gynae will provide an mc when we go for monthly checks.

feel so terrible just now.. vomitted till can see quite a bit of blood. think i hurt my throat le.. haiz.. anyone has any recommendation to relieve bloatedness?

Julia, me too.. tummy seems to show very fast with number 2.

blessmyBB: wow! after 12 yrs!!! hats off to u. i think if my kids r 12yos already, i wanna enjoy life liao and not have to suffer the whole "looking after newborn" issue again. haha

Julia: u can try qoo10 or spree from old navy. with sale n additional discounts, the maternity clothes are much cheaper than singapore.

Trixia, thanks for the www. I like the clothes! Not maternity at all. U bought before? How's quality? In the past I bought this fashion (now closed down) for maternity wear. Keke. Mphosis is another fave. Everything to do with babies is v expensive. I can nvr understand y maternity wear is so ex! I saw cheap and nice sexy nursing bras in jusco this wkend! $19,90 Rm only! Singapore has limited selection. Usually those beige ah ma looking ones!

Haha yeah I love buying stuff fr gap or old navy online when there's a online sale. It's much cheaper than what u can get here. And they have lotsa baby stuff too...

Meiji - the blood is bright red or dull red.mif dull red may not be from throat. I Oso vomited blood b4. It's a terrible terrible feeling. My gynae gave me gaviscon for heartburn n refer me to a gastric doc who gave me enzymplex for bloating. Seems to work. U can ask ur doc. My gynae says both r v safe for preggy. Oso no beans, white veggie, brocolli, apple, dragon fruits, kiwi as these causes wind. I drink ginger tea daily to rid wind. Read from Chinese preggy website we can take ginger.

On shopping.. Any mums here looking at double stroller so can put ur both 1&2 together?

Hi all.. i am new here...
Nick : Mihohoho
Stay : tampines
Gynae : Dr Ben Choey
Hpt : TBC
Edd : 14 feb
Baby : #1

Nice meeting all of u!! ^^V

Iselle, its not exactly bright red. Quite gross to say but its mixed with the remains of the biscuits I had earlier on. But its quite a bit.. cos I puke like merlion abt 5-6 times n all stained red.
I m having diarrhoea too.. sigh.. must ask my gynae when I see him on thurs for blood test.

N I just got my hubby to buy my ginger tea sachets. Hope it will relieve my bloatedness tml.i love apples n its like the only food I can happily munch on without puking...

Hi Meiji crackers, we have increased blood flow in our body during pregnancy. That's y brush teeth also gums bleed. Dun tink it's anything serious. Oh yes and if got cysts, can't take too much ginger ya, will cause cysts to enlarge. Both Gynae n Sinseh told me.

In the end, anyone bought a Doppler? Can hear? At how many wks?

Hi Crysstall, I totally agree with you that after 12 yrs and due to my age, its very tiring for me. But hubby wants...... So, I have to start all over again... Now feeling like a first time mum again aft such a long gap.
Was also wondering if there is a close grp in FB for 2014/02 MTB..

went for gynae check yest. Now 10wks plus bb is 4cm & growing well. Can kick legs & play with his hands now. Doc said I'm doing well so can visit him every 4weeks from now on. Spotting has improve to brown discharge like once or few time a day during weekdays. Doc said I'm fine to take hormone pills I/o weekly jab. So happy but my wallet bleeding :p spend $1000plus yest@gynae to sign up package from 12weeks onwards. Mid week le Cherryz,xiao ling, heatherwhite, jan, jac, sunshinebb, :p 3 more days to power sleep in weekend
happy.gif

Mihoho, nice to see u here
happy.gif
we hv same edd & same gynae may bump into u @dr Ben's clinic someday or even during delivery. Hope we dun deliver same time of the day thou else doc Ben has to double task 2 mtb delivery :p thinking of going mt A 2 bedder. How abt u? I like lee Minho personally :p r u his fan so u r nick is mihoho
happy.gif

Jy, thats quite a lot to pay. Is it bcoz of the supplements and the jab that the doc gave? Cant really power sleep now. Will wake up a couple of times in the middle of the night. If I take a nap in the noon, I will not be able to sleep the whole night. =(

I sumhow feel more energetic after taking myself off duphaston. I really haf a lot of qn marks abt this drug. In supposed to take it thrice a day but I cut down to 1 before I sleep. Then Juz took it off two days ago. But feeling too good also scared bb not doing well. Haiz dilemma of a preggy. Can't wait for my scan next wk.

Yest did bp, urine test, blood test & 2D scan den took 1mth vits & pay in advance for the 12wk onwards package. But my doc fee is more ex compare to dr phua cos delivery oso 50% more ex but I feel comfortable with him cos his consult very detail & give me assurance. But my wallet hv to bleed den
sad.gif

Nvm la all for the sake of my 金菠萝. Hv to take 1.5hrs bus ride home after every visit like 孟母 :p

Cherryz I wake up at 2plus last nite den juz can't get to sleep till daylight. Now straining to keep myself awake :p
After jab worst few days sleepless nite. Heng I can escape from jab.

Giving birth is not cheap. Gynae checks, hospital bills etc can add up to 6-10k. Why govt keep urging people to give birth machiam like its free?! Medisave subsidy give so little when its our own money! We are lucky that we can afford to choose the type of care that we would like to have during our pregnancy. Really wonder how those who can't afford fare and why some can have one after another.

oops! sorry. ranting in the morning. Must be the headache. Gg get 100plus to drink as what some of u suggested :p

Blushblush I feel u. I think mine will be abt $11k for pre-edd & delivery exp for 2bedder. The CL is another killer but hv to rest well so also can't save. Now only can save on shopping & stuff. My DH dun let me go even bintan for R&R during 2nd trim cos he said hv to save $ for bb. Haven't add in tcm cost. Arghh.. Govt is juz empty vessels all talk no action. Hv to worry abt our job still. But let's stay positive as it is for a gd cause. Hope our bb will be filial to us when we aged

Good morning all the pretty Feb14 MTB,

Welcome all the new mummies to be!

BLessmybb, salute you too! You are so brave! I would be happy and done with #2! But I know the bundle of joy kids will bring us. The more the merrier if I can afford! Jia you! I am sure you will also enjoy your new addition so as you 2 elder kids. They must be looking forward to their small slibing too! My girl only 15 months now, I don't know how to prepare her for our new addition. She don't seems to understand much now. And hope she won't be jealous over her younger brother/sister.

Jyjy, You intend to hire CL? IF yes, can start looking for one now, I heard good CL really taken up fast! I will start asking around after this Sat check up if everything is fine. BTW, my first CL last mins fly kites on me. And I got to engage agency for a replacement CL giving very short period of time. Anyway, is really by luck.
You seeing TCM too?
BTW, I also thinking to plan for a babymoon with HB and my girl on early 2nd trim. But still can't think of any good and suitable place yet. Must enjoy before we get tight up with LO.
happy.gif

Blushblush, I agree with you too. Not cheap to have a baby. But all these are one time cost, just close one eyes ya. As long both mother and baby are well taken care off, safe and healthy is most important. Money is something we can earn back later. Actually we are consider lucky that we can have our baby without going through any fertility treatment. I been trying my first one for quite sometime back before I got her, spent quite on seeing gynea a lot too!

Luvbabymarket,
How are you going with breastfeeding? How's your supply now?

Heatherwhite, thinking of getting CL cos my mum is not experience in the food & she can only help me noon time. DH said source for CL after 1st trim even thou doc said my preg is stable liao. Babymoon I also wish I alrdy downgrade from Bali to bintan ==" but DH still tell me no budget. Tcm: ya cos I've been ttc for 2yrs so thankfully after 2mths of tcm I get BFP so TCM tell me must continue with her so bb will be 白白胖胖 easier to take care. Not cheap thou ==" but I guess beta den risking on PD charge & time to care for bb. Foundation is impt cos I'm quite weak.

Hi Jyjy, such a coincidence that we are seeing the same gynae and EDD..hahaha.. Am not sure about the hospital as my hubby n I will be registering for the hospital tour before making any decision. hehe...

U sign up the prenatal package? how much you paid and what does it include??I going to see Dr Ben next fri for the down syndrome test..

jy jy, HeatherWhite. Haven't factor in my tcm cost and other misc. Big big hole in pocket but it's a happy 'non-problem'. As long as beanie is healthy n strong, it's worth every penny!

I've cancelled my trip to Bali and UK so pocket burn further. DH said cannot fly. Go Malaysia resort also cannot cos Msia roads not safe. faintz... Luckily he said can cruise, so looking around for good one now.

HeatherWhite. I too spent quite a bit ttc the last few years seeing tcm and gynae. I even quit my job and have no income for 2 years. IVF is not a route for me so up to recently we have just been taking tcm and praying very hard. Just when we least expected it, we conceived naturally! Our little beanie is really a gift from God. So even during the worst of my ms I will talk to my beanie that it's ok for me to suffer as long as it means my beanie id growing strong.

Hi blush blush I ask DH for cruise as well got rejected. He said no traveling think mb nrcc chalet den he will agree
sad.gif

Mihoho, pkg from12wk is $749 incl consult, scan, folic. Blood/urine test & all test is extra. I opt out Down Sym test cos I'm below 30. They hv the rates at the clinic counter on delivery as well. Nurses r nice there u can ask them if u need more info. Mt A nearer my Plc so I choose Mt A. My sotong DH still ask me during yest bus ride home how he find food cos mt a like very ulu ==" so funny rite more concerned of his tummy den me :p

Hi new members, welcome and congrats! you may pm me your email address to be invited to the fb grp
happy.gif

Just done with Oscar. Scan looks good. So thrilled to see lil one waving at us too. Now waiting for blood test. Happy midweek everyone! =)

jy jy. Your hub very funny. Maybe he's thinking that since he's prepared to be there for u all the way day n night then he needs food. Men always think of food.

Vee. so exciting that beanie waving at u. Everything will be fine. All the best!

hi all mtbs and welcome new mtbs.

vee, u doing ur oscar now, mine still have to wait till 12 Aug...haiz. How everything? bb cooperative? Cos bb must be in a good position so that sonographer can take the measurement.

Jy, your hubby very funny le. Hahaha but also very real problem I stay nearer to tmc So likely delivering there. I'm below 30, but still going to do Oscar. Just to play safe ba.

Vee, Congrats!! I always feel once Oscar is done mean first tri is over!!!

Lefaithful, can order pizza/Mac or eat in the hospital cafeteria ma. Not as if I will stay there for long so ex & not as comfy as home. He is like a overgrown bb always :p imagine no Vday celebrations for 10yrs Liao only 1st yr pak tor den hv. Buy flower tell me ex buy me a gd meal beta. Guess only me can tahan him :p

Thank u for all the blessings and greetings! <3

Yes baby very cooperative. All done within a couple of minutes. I guess bribery works. The father say if lil one is guai will bring us for good brunch. Haha

jy_jy: my hubby also nvr buy flowers for me before. but then i also told him not to waste money, esp during v day where the same flowers cost sooo much more. i m also the practical kind so no need romantic though sometimes for fun i will just tell him "why u not romantic at all one" LOL

for so many yrs, my presents have always been "i see i like i buy then i claim from him" kind. HAHA

vee: congrats!!!! friday is my turn...hopefully lil bud will be cooperative too. #1 was v good. within couple of mins all done too. i dont want to waste a few hrs hanging ard TMC...much rather spend the time shopping n bringing DS out to play.

elle - i'm looking for double stroller as well but dont think wanna buy those infront and back one as i belive no one wanna sit at the back.
vee - so small u bribe already ah... lol
jyjy - lol...
when i deliver my #1, i ask my hubby for labour gift and he told me our daughter is the best gift already... faint wake up faint...

vee, no problem.. just sharing my experience.. going for blood test tomorrow and nt scan, excited, I feel like a new mum haha..

blessmybb, *5.. having 3rd one too.. after 3 years we are like going to start all over again.. nevertheless, God's gift to us. let's enjoy! :)

i aso ask hubby for labour gift but i doubt will get any.. hahaa, nowadays spend money must think twice. keep money for bb or rainy days bah... my gynae visits have been really expensive.. now 11th week+ already spend about 2.5k.. havent even gone for oscar scan etc...

Haha... You gals are so funny... Hmn... I nv tot of labour gift before tho. His money is my money, like mummymode, nowadays spend money must think and think! Save every single penny for BB too. Haiz... this is life of a parenthood. sob...

Blushblush,
I think your case quite similar to mine, been trying for baby almost 2++ years. From gynea to TCM and back to gynea. During that time, I felt very lost. All those consultations not only time and energy draining and very expensive too! So come to compare with those endless treatments fee, I am still ok with this one time prenatal and delivery cost. I also got my girl naturally at the least expected month. haha... I think stress is the main cause.

Luvbabymarket,
So you only DL your boy? I pump once in office. But volume keep decreasing. I am so reluctant to pump these days, but everytime will tell myself to pump until my supply really dry out. I DL my girl when back from work. How I hope I can provide her the necessary comfort as far as possible. Really don't hope to change much from current practice. But my MS seems to kick in more seriously this week. Constantly feeling nausea these day. Touchwood that not to the extend that I will vomit out my food. Hope it won't get worst for the next few weeks.

Back