(2014/02) February 2014

~jan~, u got do any special "protection" before going to the wake?

Feeling upset that I cant attend the wake cos is considered family member's wake and she is the eldest in the family..

Lil one,

Actually, I felt nothing wrong to go to own family member's wake, especially very close to you. Those bantang only valid for those who is not your close relative. Just follows your heart on what to do ok? Talk to you HB, your parents and PILs to see their views. If they think it is fine for you to go. On the other hand, your granny will also understand your situation don't worry...

yes Jan. i went hunting for prams becos we have car boot space problem. actually the whole car is a problem! so annoyed!!

oh i just remb! lil one's mummy, i attended god-grandpa's wake when i was 6 weeks pregnant too. but that time havent see doctor yet. come back just bath with "flower water". but if u r uncomfortable or got banned from attending then i guess nth much u can do.

wow cherryz. u wont be seeing gynae for so long?

so far i went week 6th, week 8th and this week. week 12th. i guess if all is well, will see doctor once every 4 weeks till maybe week 28th, i heard. or was it 32?

Lilonesmummy. I feel the same as u. Would like to see my beanie at least twice a month. So far I've weekly scan to monitor my beanie closely. Not that I've spotting or displayed any symptoms of mc. My gynae just want to make sure that everything is ok and give me weekly jabs to be on the safe side. He has mentioned that soon he won't need to see me that often already. Last weekend I wanted to buy a gadget that can hear bb heartbeat but its out of stock. I read too many stories on miss mc so just want to be ks and monitor it regularly on my own.

wow! a mtb from the jan'2014 thread announced her baby's gender! means soon its the feb'2014 mtbs turn to know and reveal. *excited*

blushblush, i saw the doppler in robinsons before. let me know how the thing works when u got ur hands on it ok?! thank u =)

hi mummies, don't mind me joining.. my edd is 4th Feb.. seeing my gynae this Thursday after 5 weeks from the previous appt, miss seeing my baby too..

If no spotting my gynae will see me once every 4wks for the start. Towards neared to edd the interval will be shorter. Every visit the nurse will record my weight/BP & my gynae will do a scan for me. Nvr hear bb heartbeat b4, will check with my gynae if he can let me hear as it will be pretty exciting to hear.
Hope my bb is growing well & looking fwd to Tml scan
happy.gif

Heatherwhite, few of my fren tried the 100plus method for headache n it works for them. U can try it as I guess taking 100plus shd be beta den panadol. Perhaps u can google to see how it works.

Lil one: I nev do any protection except eat, drink n take the red string there. Most people dunno I'm pregnant. My parents didn't object coz they are not pantang n I felt like I should go... So I went after work. That time haven't seen gynae yet.. Though I'm sure he will think me nuts if I ask him about something like that.

Vee: Dr says if lucky, next appt can see gender liao
happy.gif
*excited*

I will be seeing the gynae this week and it's just 2 weeks ago. Wondering if he will scan again. since oscar and detailed scan are scannings, he may just review the results instead of performing another scan. Thats what I am thinking. Maybe I am wrong?

Jy, just now tried the 100plus thing. Puke after that but feels better

Cherryz, since u r visiting him if u wanna see bb development can ask him for scan I think it's abt $20-40 extra. I always love to see my bb whenever I see my gynae juz to know how well he's growing. Glad to know the 100plus works for u. Meanwhile stay hydrated so u will not get headache tat easy. Hv to finish Tml workday den can see my bb. Can't wait to see him
happy.gif

Having bad morning sickness. Craving for coke..

Ramengirl, yap, I roughly know about the package at Gleneagles as I gave birth my girl there
happy.gif
I don't think myy gynae deliver at other hospitals.

Hi cherryz I juz realized our edd is only 1day apart & I will most likely deliver at mt a
happy.gif
perhaps we might bump into each other during registration for delivery
happy.gif
hope my bb will arrive on edd so I wun hv to do confinement during CNY

Gyane will do scan every visit with print out...but very fast one la. I remember all included in the package. 2nd appt next Tuesday and do blood test as well. Can't wait to see bb again..hehe.

Since i will be going for csec, thinking to arrange 7 Feb (CNY day 8th..hehe)...not sure if EDD will change or not..so can't confirm so early also. Planning to take all ML together continue from CNY holiday and transfer 2 weeks to hubby...so ML should end around mid May ba.

Hi Angeline Su,

Can share how much is gleneagles hospital bill size and how many bedder? First time I would be there delivering there!

I also last saw Gynae at 7 Wks w heartbeat so he said next visit is 10 Wks. Soooooo long. Haha. Prob giving oscars a miss too.

I've no morning sickness but awfully tired. Feel as though never sleep the whole nite
sad.gif

have been 'prescribing' 100plus to my wife.. she cannot tahan drink water.. said it's smelly... I think it is due to the PET bottle smell..

Hi ladies,

Would any of you mind sharing what is the average cost you all spend per session with your gynae? Mine was around 200+.. is this normal cost?

Also, seeing that CL is being discussed. What does a CL actually do? I'm A newbie. Not sure what to expect.. whether to get 1 or not?

Thank you for all your feedbacks.

QnQ, so far i only went for 2 check-ups.
Both times about $120.00++

My gynae don't have package. so i'm not too sure what would the subsequent charges be like.

Lvvbabymarket,
yes, yes, I'm also craving for very very cold coke. But I try not to drink too much. I limit myself like once or twice a month.

Jacquise,
I can't remember exact amount. That was at October 2011. Total I paid about $8000+ (including hospital stay, dr fees, anesthesia fees...) I stayed at 2 bedder. But mine was c-sect. Because baby was in breech position. I stayed at hospital for 3 nights. normal delivery will be cheaper.
Yah, I do feel tired too.

Ladies, Thank you for the info.

luvbabymarket: my package will only start from 16 weeks onwards... Need to pay more for now... =(

Jy: I hope to have a V day baby. See if we have the chance to meet... =P

good morning mtbs!

today is really an extremely tired day for me.. i think i going to see the doctor and get MC to rest at home.. feeling giddy and bloated
sad.gif

xiaoling, go take the mc if u need
happy.gif
rest well

any mummies can advise hospital charges? just a rough guide.
example a package show $2900 for single bedded. we need to add in doctor's fee. and what else? Nursery?

TIA.

Vee. Sure I'll let u know when I got the Doppler.

My visits to gynae was also about $200 plus but that's cos I've jab and meds. Starting the package soon after week 12 so cost would be lower I hope.

Morn sisters
happy.gif
my gynae visit every 4wk is abt $300 with scan &amp; prenatal vits. if need to take progesterone jab &amp; scan due to spotting is $120 per visit. So very ex as well ><Package step in only at week 12/16/20? Dunno the price thou?
Cherryz,hope we hv 缘分 :p cos I also hope I get Vday bb.
Xiaoling, take care &amp; hv more bed rest dun worry yr gynae will ensure u will be fine. Jiayou
Think we can check moh webby for est hospital bill but diff gynae may hv diff professional fee rate so slight variance after tat. No cheap thou. I'm going for 2bedder at my a. Think roughly $5.5k-$8k. Hope can pay more by medisave so it will not be so xiong for me.

thanks vee and jyjy.. juz saw the coy panel doc and he said i got common cold. so taking mc and rest at home.

i also in the midst in deciding whether to cont at kkh or go to private gynae. my first visit to mr phua is $143. the package only start from 16 weeks onwards.

jyjy: from what i know if natural birth we can claim up to $2100 from medisave. c sect will be more. u all can refer to http://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/Maternity-Packages.asp if u going to deliver at mount A

Vee, must add nursery fees, paediatricians fee, anaesthesia fee if you taking epi. All in all, bill very long. My bottom line is I go thru pain So I not going to worry abt the bill. My ah lao take care. Hahahaha

Oh bb will also take jab and hearing test. I think those also additional cost ba

i rem when i delivered DS at Mt A in 2010, i was staying in 2 bedder.

mine was assisted natural delivery as DS's head was too big. LOL no epidural, but i checked in 1 night before as i was having contractions ard 10+ so there was an extra charge of $200.

cannot rem total bill was how much but my deposit was $700 and after claiming medisave for my bill and DS's bill, it was just nice to cover the balance.

thank u ladies
happy.gif

ya, those i saw online only show hospital package but nv state what it includes. i would assume its just the room itself. things like nursery fees, pediatricians fee, anesthesia fee etc are not mentioned.

hihi morning all mtbs.

wow this thread run super fast i can't able to finish reading all.

went for my 9wk+ visit yesterday and pocket bleeding, paid $340 for oscar scan, $70 for another blood test for i think to test for hep b and two other which i can't remember and gyne visit $120 total $500+
sad.gif

welcome new mtbs.

Lil one, during my #1 time my godfather also pass away, at that time i was about 4mth+, i insisted to attend the wake but my hubby is the super pantang type so we had a big fight on this matter but after nego i go to his bedside and see him for the last time but i did not attend his wake. So actually i feel immediate family memeber should be fine.

sunshine! time flies!
i still remb the first time we spoke,u told me u havent even book ur first appt to the doctor. now 9+weeks le!!! *happy*

pocket bleed but happy to see the lil beanie right? tmr my turn for oscar :/

Wow Angeline Su! 8k!!! Omg! And two bedder?! I tink I paid about $5k at mt A one bedder, natural with epi. The hosp bill is v long. Even the pad u use they calculate which is $6 per pc ( no wings sumore) ;p I hope my relatives will give the bb ang bao even before cny. I use it to pay the hosp bill.

But Parkway group is like that I guess. I paid 3k for a d&amp;c including dr's fees and it was only a day bed :S

jacquise, Gleneagles is expensive. My sis paid closed to 10K for emergency Csec + 1 night extention in a 2 bedded room.

Feeling so slpy after lunch.... *Yawnx*

Vee, what's on the website haven't include doctor delivery bill, baby's bill, whatever injection, medicine, small little things u dun even notice is billed in.. my bill was like $6k, 3 nights tmc for csection, mine free upgrade to 2 bedded.. I used the sbi which has 10% discount if I don't remember wrongly... that was in 2010

Jacquise, yah, I think Gleneagles is a bit more ex than others. I don't have a choice because of my gynae. I don't want to change gynae too. Cause my both pregnancy by ivf and dr Foong is the one helped me conceived
happy.gif
so wanna stick with him.

Thanks Vee, hehehe time pass very fast. ya loh pocket bleeding but after seeing the little beanie swimming so happily and waving at us, everything is worth it.

Waow... this thread really moving very fast.

I remember my last hospital bill was close to $10k too, also had emergency c-sec but was in single beded room. No choice on the expenses, but just hope everything is smooth, baby and mother are healthy are my most concern.

Me too, feeling breathless and super sleepy after lunch. How many of you can have MC after seeing your gynea? My gynea nv issue MC for normal prenatal check-up. Will only get MC if going for Oscar test and detail scan if I remember correctly. And my gynea package only start after the detail scan at ard wk 20. And it cost $1000 if I remember correctly. This rate was in 2011 my girl's time. Seems super ex by comparing to some of you all.
sad.gif

Sunshine, so cute can see beanie swimming n waving at 9 wks. I hope my beanie also so cute when I see him tonite. I'm 10wks now. Take care sunshine try using eucalyptus oil &amp; rub yr head &amp; nose. Shd feel beta after tat. Hope u can end work early today to rest. 3 more hrs to go. Jiayou^^

Heatherwhite, hahaha my gyne very generous, u ask for MC he will give, never ask he will also ask if you need as i complain feeling very light headed and nausea.

Hi heatherwhite u can try the eucalyptus oil method for sinus &amp; to refresh. Mine I think $700 plus from 20wks to edd. Hang on there 3 more hrs to go.

I can't take Mc cos mgr very sensitive with mc
sad.gif

Thankfully bb quite cooperative so I can still tahan after gynae visit. I hate to work after progesterone jab after lunch. I will hv horrible blue black pain on my thigh for days &amp; feel like floating =="

yeah lor heatherwhite, I rem Dr Chan is strict. She won't give mc unless really not feeling well. Mine hopsital bill came up to $5k plus. Natural delivery but with induction, single bedded.

Back