(2014/02) February 2014

Hi ladies , can I join the group? 2nd pregnancy. I'm into 11weeks. EDD 15th Feb, dr L C Foong, Gleneagles hospital, stay at home mom at sembawang
happy.gif

Hmmm, as of last Sat gynea visit, baby was 12.4mm and my edd is now 4 March 2014 instead. Though I think I will still pop by late feb, hence, I'll stick around here!

Someone asked abt Natal Essentials right? ok, here's my feedback. I didn't do much research and just went with the "most common brand" and took their 20 days package. The food portion and quality is good I must say, more than enough for me though I was eating more than my usual portion (bf-ing makes you very hungry) Loved their soups which came with lots of fish or pork, so you can imagine how much meat there is in 1 meal. Hubby also ate with me as I can't finish alone, if your hubby not big eater, its enough for 2. However, I requested not to take "zhu jiao" pig trotters as I personally don't eat that at all, but that's like a must confinement dish. So I can't comment on that. I requested to change pig trotters to pork ribs instead. overall, good experience and worth the money.

Someone mentioned about getting from 2 caterers so to have variety? Good idea! Why didn't I think if that last time? Haha. I will rotate natal essentials and another brand this time. Any experienced mummmies can share what other brands they have tried and feedback?

Hi sunshine. Yesterday had spotting whole day long. Gynae said could be due to tHe blood clot trying to disperse. Still, Canbe worrying

Thanks Julia, this look very reasonable cos i see other is like 1.7k onward. i might consider to order as now #2 don't think my mum can cope with taking care both my kids and cooking for me.

Notice some mummies EDD changed to an earlier date...is it because bb grow bigger? Was craving for durian and had 8 seeds over the weekend!!...now a bit worry bb grow too fast and EDD brought forward. :|

Hi luvbabymarket, appreciate your help to add me in the table. Thanks thanks!
happy.gif

Nick: MZ, Stay: Sembawang, Gynae: Dr Lawrence Ang, Hospital: TMC, EDD: 22 Feb, baby #2.

Hi all mtbs. Had my u/s over the weekend too. Beanie growing fast and strong. Each time I go scan it's seems that bb is growing faster although my EDD no change but my AUA has changed from a much later date than my EDD to a closer date now. I'm having my scan at NUH on 2 Aug. it's a slightly diff scan from Oscar as its using Fetal Medicine criterias and checks the nasal bone too so I guess it has a lower probability of false positive. Praying hard that everything is fine.

Good morning,

Feeling very unwell today, nausea and headache kicks in. Just taken panadol, I can't endure headache at all. It make me very lethargic and can't work at all.
sad.gif

I am thinking to look for CL, as my mum can't help and will not be comfortable to ask my mil to do confinement for me. To avoid any unnecessay conflicts later on.

Julia,
I will be seeing Dr. Yvonne Chan this Sat. Hope to hear my bb heartbeats. How many weeks are you in now? Still thinking if I should bring my girl along on this coming visit. You bring your LO when you see her?

ss - mine is dr watt wf.
Angeline_su - welcome to this chat...
happy.gif

luvbabymarket - can you help to add me in the chart as well?
S/N SMH Nick Name Stay Where Gynea Hospital of Delivery EDD baby #
26 yao1511 Yi Zhen Sengkang Dr. Watt Wing Fong RH 5-Feb #2

Sunshinebb. I didn't ask too but was curious about the info printed at the side so went to Google it. Every time I go is i check heartbeat and growth that's all :)

Hi Ladies

decided to join in. Now in my 10th week and feeling very uncomfortable compared to my last preg. Yesterday just started new symptom. Backache and Thigh pain. Today I even forgot to bring my laptop to work. Very miserable Monday

Nick :puppygal
Stay : Jurong West
Gynae : Dr Adrian Woodworth
Hpt : TMC
Edd : 16 Feb 2013
Baby : #2

CheeryZ,

If you can take the pain then better don't take any medication. But it is safe to take normal paracetamol (not those with extra strong, with flu medication and so on) during pregnancy and when breastfeeding. Don't rely on it too much tho. I can't work when I have headache, so I have no choice. It is so much better now. What a Monday, sigh...

afternoon ladies...how is everyone's monday so far

i m soooo sleepy today. kept waking up last night and DS did not have a good night sleep either. kept tossing n turning.

I think my morning sickness now needs to be renamed at night sickness. i am usually ok in the day but at night, i will feel terrible, get bad indigestion no matter how little i eat for dinner and i need to puke before i feel better.

ARGH. hope this whole MS business goes away soon!

Hi mtbs, I heard 100plus with warm water helps with headache. Mb can check with yr gynae if its ok to relieve headache & mild fever. For me I normally try to cool down my forehead & neck temp by using a wet towel den massage my neck & shoulder & my headache will be beta after tat.
Hope this helps
happy.gif

Feel like visiting the GP to get MC and go home rest. Having a terrible headache and dont dare to take panadol... =S

Hi Heatherwhite,
I am coming to 8 weeks now. So far visited Dr Chan twice but have not brought my Lo yet as i don't think she will register, plus it has clashed with her nap times. I might start bringing her only after she turns 1 in September. How old is your no 1?

My hubby granny passed away and I was not allowed to be at the wake as I was pregnant..
feeling so upset as I cant pay my last respect..

and cos I cant attend, all my hubby's relatives know I m preggy.. I did not want to announce my pregnancy so early and in this manner..!!

Plus, my friends (who knows my hubby and my hubby's siblings) saw their FB post of the passing on of their granny and started swarming down to the wake..

Now, more than half of my friends know I m preggy.. they started asking my hubby's siblings why I m not at the wake etc etc.. and they simply tell them cos I m preggy so cant go..

I haven passed my 1st trimester and I did not want to inform anyone yet.. but thanks to my KPO hubby's siblings, now most of my friends know liao..

I am very pek chek la !

luvbabymarket : for not able to go to the wake, I bo bian la.. and I think the granny will understand la..

but for helping me to announce to my friends by my hubby's siblings, I really angry with them.. they are the ones who tell me not to tell anyone yet cos pantang.. but why they are doing on my behalf..

Guess will have to try to tahan... 2 more hours to go....

Lil One's, no choice. Sometimes it’s like that. Once you have broken the news to anyone in the family, be prepared to let the whole world know. Sometimes they just give it away without knowing it is too late to hold back

yup, sometimes they "announced" wo thinking or knowing if we mind -_-
but too late.

ps: lil one, sorry to hear abt your family's loss. take care

Hi all I'm new here, and now at 10 weeks. Going for my second scan this Thursday. Can't wait!

SO far I think my morning sickness has been quite mild and only vommitted once. And I find it worrying - like is my bb doing ok.

Hi Lil One,

Dun get yrself angry with this. We have no control over other ppl's mouth. Just stay happy ok. Maybe your relative also can't find any better excuse for you not to attend your nanny's wake so just tell them the truth is easier. cheers ok?

CheeryZ:
I have the same tots this morning to visit GP and get MC to rest. But can't take the pain, so just pop in panadol to cure my headache first. Now seems much better.

Luvbabymarket:
I think is ok for us to take panadol in moderate. But my gynea also advise only normal panadol.
happy.gif

Jyjy,
I will try your method next time. You mean you mix 100plus with warm water? I prefer the chill cooling 100plus more. hehe...

Julia,
I am in my 8 weeks now, you hear bb heartbeat on your last visit? Arrange for Oscar? Can we opt out for this test? I didn't know there is an option for not doing it during my #1. Maybe Dr. Yvonne Chan is those very careful and detail gynea. My girl is 15months now, but I also wonder if she will understand anything or not. I think I better not bringing her along, cos sometime the waiting time can be long too.

Heatherwhite,
yup heard bb's heartbeat. Yeah there is a choice of not doing Oscar scan , and though I am below 35 (or 40, not sure what is the age that hospital will recommend oscar test for) my hubby is the kind who wanna know as much as he can, so we will still do the test again as in no 1 time. I think Dr Chan is the kind who will prefer you go for it as like you said she is ultra detailed. But you definitely can opt out. I think she will arrange for me during next visit in 3 weeks time.

Thanks Luvbabymarket and Vee
happy.gif

Hi angeline, we have the same EDD and also at Gleneagles. Have you checked out the package? My doctor's clinic is at Gleneagles but we can also opt to deliver at Mt A.

Gwenie09, I am just curious. I have only gone for 1 visit. So not sure. I will also go for 20th weeks detailed scan. So I dont think doctor will scan again if my appointment is happen to be in the same week?

I get a scan done every visit.

Btw can add my details?
Nick: Mykonos
Stay: Amk
Gynae: dr sc yeoh
Hosp: mt e
Edd: 11 feb 2014
Child #2

Cheery, i went for my 2nd scan last friday.
My gynae insist to see me for the oscar and monthly scan even they are just diff by a week.

CheeryZ. u mean u won't be gg back to gynae until 20th week detailed scan? if gynae doesn't scan when u see him, then what does he do?

My last scan was 3 weeks ago when I was in my 7th week.. heard my lil one's heart beat then.. like horse racing.. lol.. the feeling I had at that very moment was indescribable..

I opted for OSCAR scan and it is scheduled next week.. at my 11th week..

What I heard from my gynae is OSCAR can only be done from 11th week..

Technically, I only get to see my lil one nearly 5 weeks after my last scan..

My gynae say he do not need to see me from my last scan to my OSCAR scan..

How often do all the mummies go for scan?

I actually wanted to see my lil one at least like twice a month.. will that be too much??

Vee: you went to pram shop already? So fast! haha

It's been a horrible Monday...been stressing and slaving since before 9 am nonstop
sad.gif
finally got time to look at the computer now. Looking fwd to KO.

Actually I did go to a wake when I was 6 weeks pregnant...Oops.

Oscar is done between 11-13th weeks.

If everything is normal (no spotting etc.), one sees the gynae once a month...subsequently in the final trimester then the interval gets shorter.

Back