(2014/01) January 2014

Precisely! All are busy staring at their phones or ipads that they dun look up to see pregnant woman around! Its the old aunties and uncles who give up seat for me!

On the buses they give up the seat coz "they are supposed to" but in the bus stops, they dont....! Coz they are not "supposed" to.... Seriously.... Ppl r sooo inconsiderate!

But there are some very nice souls i met along the 9 months of pregnancy so far... But then again i feel majority of the nice souls are the older generation...

This few days I have been waken up by cramps and its killing me. The pain didn't go off even until now. I can hardly walk. Anyone knows what can I do to stop the pain or prevent the cramps? Worst thing is that nobody even giving up seats when I'm on train.

How many weeks are you? If its the last few weeks then its ok.. Its normal... Its probably the false pains.. Warm showers help.. Or u wanna pat ur back with hot/warm water with salt..it helps too

Oh i just realised u said edd is 22nd jan...
Which means its kinda normal.. Coz of the weight now.. Try the hot water (not too hot of course) with salt.. And pat on ur back..

Precisely! All are busy staring at their phones or ipads that they dun look up to see pregnant woman around! Its the old aunties and uncles who give up seat for me!

On the buses they give up the seat coz "they are supposed to" but in the bus stops, they dont....! Coz they are not "supposed" to.... Seriously.... Ppl r sooo inconsiderate!

But there are some very nice souls i met along the 9 months of pregnancy so far... But then again i feel majority of the nice souls are the older generation...

Ya I agree. Usually are the aunties and uncles who gave up their seats. The younger generation don't even bother even they saw us with such a huge tummy.

Oh i just realised u said edd is 22nd jan...
Which means its kinda normal.. Coz of the weight now.. Try the hot water (not too hot of course) with salt.. And pat on ur back..

Oh.. what I meant was the cramp on my legs. Tummy cramp not as pain, just that I feel like baby gonna drop any time (very heavy on my pelvic).

The leg cramp is really killing me. After the cramp, the pain doesn't goes away. The feeling now is just like I had just finished running marathon.

I wear compression socks to sleep. So far I think it helps prevent cramps and lessen water retention. Try scholls or slim walk (from the Japanese pharmacies)

Hi wind chime, celes, xiao lin, have sent u email invite to the FB grp. Please check yr email (incl junk mail) to join the grp!

J11 i am a new mom at 34 weeks now and im
Also having water retention. Can you share me where i can buy this compression socks?

I am also new in this forum and i would appreciate to hear tips to all mothers out there☺️

Actually I saw it selling at TTSH pharmacy. But they are selling at $80+ per pair... I didn't buy.. too expensive.
I saw
J11 i am a new mom at 34 weeks now and im
Also having water retention. Can you share me where i can buy this compression socks?

I am also new in this forum and i would appreciate to hear tips to all mothers out there☺️
The slim walk one is sold online at bestbuyworld.com ($39, with $10 shipping if you only buy that from them) or you can get it at the pharmacy at Isetan ($49).

The scholl one - i can't remember the amount but don't remember it being so expensive as $80+. You can get it from Watsons etc - various places. My mum got it from JB, it's much cheaper there.

wow.. suddenly a number of new mothers to-be joined. welcome.. :)

at 38 weeks now. last sat see gynae. baby is 2.8kg and is engaged. hehee.
doc said need to walk more and climb stairs. hmm... walk more means how much more ar? hahaa..

these few day morning.. after waking up.. i will feel abit of stomach pain.. wonder isit the uterus cramp.
haven had menses cramp for so long... and i usually dont have bad menses pain... so i really wonder how the pain will feel like.. how to determine its the labor contraction coming.
Oh.. what I meant was the cramp on my legs. Tummy cramp not as pain, just that I feel like baby gonna drop any time (very heavy on my pelvic).

The leg cramp is really killing me. After the cramp, the pain doesn't goes away. The feeling now is just like I had just finished running marathon.
are you taking calcium pill or having enough milk? one of the main problem for leg cramp is usually lack of calcium.

I'm only taking the vitamins and fish oil provided by the gyne. Milk 2-3 cups of HL once a week only.
ok. this totally explain why u getting such bad leg cramp my dear..
should be 1-2 cups of milk every day. either drink enough milk (or can get from food that contains calcium) or take calcium pills. you can easily get calcium pill at any pharmacy.

did you mention about ur leg cramp to gynae? your gynae should give you calcium pills. i started mine after 1st trimester.
better start taking enough calcium ya.. not enough calcium will effect your teeth later on also.

My cramp only started recently. My previous gyne advice me not to drink maternity milk therefore I didn't drink that for this pregnancy. He says those milk doesn't do any good for baby and will only cause unnecessary weight gain to myself.

Have checked - the Scholl socks is $55 (retail price). Should be able to get some discount from watsons etc sale. This is the thigh length version.

My cramp only started recently. My previous gyne advice me not to drink maternity milk therefore I didn't drink that for this pregnancy. He says those milk doesn't do any good for baby and will only cause unnecessary weight gain to myself.
just normal fresh milk will do.. no need to drink those maternity milk ya. like HL i think is good enough. you will need to take at least one cup a day.
i also buy those farmhouse freshmilk. either morning take it with cereals.. or at night warm it up to drink before sleep. sometimes buy choc flavor to drink also.
calcium is very very important. some ppl loose their teeth after given birth one coz loosing too much calcium for the baby.

my edd 5th jan. think there should be someone here due earlier than me right?
i'm looking at her popping out only in Jan... i want a jan baby. hahaa..
so.. in a dilemma in how much walking now... worried walked too much then trigger labor too soon.

jt_junior, when is ur edd?

I cant see the fb group invite :(
It should be in yr email, not your FB. If still can't access, search for me and add me as a friend under Lee Yi Yong, but pls pm me with yr name so I will accept yr friend request! :). Then I can add u directly into the grp..

Hi if u want me to add u as a friend on FB then add u to the Jan mummies FB grp, pls pm me your name so I will know its u.. Cos I usually ignore or delete friend requests from pple I don't recognise.. Thanks! :)

Back